Thread: Stupid Shit In San Diego
+
Add Report
Results 721 to 735 of 1389
-
01-22-23 19:04 #669Senior Member

Posts: 201Oh no not at all and definitely easy to misunderstand re-reading my post. I meant that with how great VIP / NLBC was compared to other spas, it shook things up and made these forums very popular just in general and brought in a lot of new users. Not always a bad thing but it's not common to see tons of new users in such a short period of time but I don't blame them. The VIP days were insane and mina is probably one of my atfs in my many years of mongering.
Originally Posted by Lascivious
[View Original Post]
-
01-22-23 11:21 #668Senior Member

Posts: 646I don't want to be largely argumentative, this is the stupid shit thread though.
Originally Posted by Reds101
[View Original Post]
Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding your post-but are you saying the VIP / NLBC boom was due to a couple of positive reviews? At the time their reviews did seem to be way over the top. Mina worked this board like a rib, directly PMing senior members etc. But in hindsight, it isn't hypothetical or speculative, Mina ushered in an absolute paradigm shift to the local scene.
When she gave me a free threesome and I mentioned giving her an extra tip she did say, just give me a good review. But the old cliche is, it ain't bragin' if it's true. It's not like I had to write a positive review before she gave me the extra VIP treatment. That's just sheer service excellence, earning her seemingly hyperbolic praise.
If other shops give discounts for positive reviews, they'll quickly be weeded out if they don't deliver the goods, right?
I've read that 108 has been pulling the shit you're talking about. I don't get out nearly as much as many of you but I've had nothing but great sessions at 108 and wouldn't bullshit this board. But if they want to PM me I'd entertain a discount. <JK .
I'm just drunk posting, mourning the Eagles blow out win. Don't mind me.
-
01-18-23 05:40 #667Senior Member

Posts: 249That's truth
And it's so blatant. Too bad their posts can't be redirected to Stupid Shit forum.
Originally Posted by Reds101
[View Original Post]
-
01-12-23 13:14 #666Senior Member

Posts: 654I had a similar experience to yours. I was enviously eyeing what seemed to be TGTBT reports of the fuck fests going down at VIP. Then there was the raid over there and I determined never to set foot in the place. But then NLBC opened up and Mina reached out to me and suggested I try that location. The sessions there were amazing, and with more options offering at VIP I threw caution to the wind and became a frequent visitor. And it was amazing. Basically no upsell for services that would have cost two or three times as much at either AAs or AMPs, if you could ever find it elsewhere. And that was the problem I think. Despite this ostensibly being a free market economy, there are unspoken rules about pricing and services. VIP effectively upended the comfortable status quo and they paid a price for it by being harassed in all sorts of ways. The business model didn't count on the unscrupulous behavior of rivals. Things have died down. Every so often there's an attempt to cast dispersions on Unique but nothing too serious. It bears monitoring, however, given the rumors that some of the VIP alumni may visit from time to time this year.
In short VIP foundered because they were sabotaged and because they offered something amazing that deeply threatened other operations in town.
Originally Posted by Lascivious
[View Original Post]
-
01-12-23 10:34 #665Senior Member

Posts: 646Sorry to beat a very dead horse, but this is the stupid shit thread after all.
Seeing some of the VIP girls coming through again had me thinking. Now that it's all said and done, wouldn't it be impossible to be a shill for VIP? What ever hyperbolic shit a shill could say about them, couldn't top the reality of those girls, right? I was very skeptical at first.
Mina leveraged this board to let me know through a PM that I was welcome as a senior member to come see them and what number to call. I ended up walking in anyway before I saw it. I might have been too sketched out before I knew her.
The way they their ad said to come see a line-up and they actually gave it to you when you showed up. The way they all immediately started to grope and kiss you as soon as you walked in. 3 and 4 somes. Mostly no extra charge. Too bad they can't all be that way. I'm sure most spas will open up once you become a regular.
Was it their over the top behavior that brought them down or was it other jealous spas?
-
01-10-23 23:14 #664Senior Member

Posts: 148Theres a few Korean places open til 1/2 if you stay up late regularly. For mexican you'd probably find yourself at the Vallarta's on Genesee near Balboa. If you can stomach all the drunk / high UCSD students. Honestly if you want good mexican food you're going to want to drive a little ways south.
Originally Posted by SkankHuntt42
[View Original Post]
Otherwise yes, most of the food scene shuts down by 10 especially in that area.
For Ramen my favorite is still the Santouka inside the Mitsuwa. Or Raki Raki if you want something a little more artisanal.
-
01-10-23 21:31 #663Senior Member

Posts: 201Some of my go-to's in the area since I live nearby as well. Nothing too fancy with not too much of a line because I work from home and go to these places for takeout often.
Originally Posted by SkankHuntt42
[View Original Post]
I also typically get them after the gym so higher protein places.
Carne asada nachos from Lolita's on Clairemont mesa (or California burrito) - their red salsa is great.
Bulgogi rice plate from H mart food court "Bann Cuisine".
Chick fil a on balboa.
Poke bowls from poke one and half on armour st.
In-and-out across the street from poke.
Tigris Mediterranean grill on Clairemont mesa.
Havana grill on Clairemont mesa (Cubano sandwiches).
If I feel like I want to save a little money, I go to the Costco on convoy to get a chicken bake and slice of pizza. This one normally doesn't check if you have a Costco card for the food area.
If I have more time, I like to go to raising canes in Santee (it's more miles than the one in Mira Mesa but way less traffic so only takes 10-15 min to get there from convoy area).
For tacos I really like the adobada tacos from "tacos el g" in national city. I think they have two locations but one of them is less busy than the other.
Bronx pizza is a few minutes down the 163 and has great NY style pizza by the slice. Cash only though.
-
01-10-23 20:52 #662Senior Member

Posts: 479There's a decent Mexican Food place next to the legendary Pine Spa. (Haven't ben but heard tons about it.).
Originally Posted by SkankHuntt42
[View Original Post]
You can also find tons of Ramen and Korean BBQ on Convoy. Usually stuff will be open closer to midnight on the weekends. And I think there are a couple of 24 hr places in Hillcrest, though I'm not really sure Covid seems to have reduced operating hours for most places.
-
01-10-23 19:58 #661Senior Member

Posts: 100Re: Places to eat in KM etc.
SKH42,
There's a wealth of Asian food places on Convoy, my fav is a Korean BBQ place Jeong Won. There's a great sports bar at Bullpen Bar and Grill next to to the all nude Cheetahs and another FS massage shop. There's also a very good Ramen place in the same shopping center between Bullpen and the Wood Shoppe. If you're looking for Mexican you have to get a little out of the KM area, my take out shop is JV's on Morena, if I want a sit down restaurant with waiters etc then Guadalajara Grill down in Old Town is pretty good as is La Pinata just a block away. Late night eating is either bar foods or you have to go to the beach area for Saska's or downtown and deal with all of that headache.
Originally Posted by SkankHuntt42
[View Original Post]
-
01-10-23 19:24 #660Banned Member

Posts: 14Alright boys, I need your help.
I just moved to SD about 5-6 months ago from OC. What do why'all like to eat down here (besides pussy) LOL I live in Kearny Mesa so I'm pretty close to Convoy. Any Asian food recommendations? Ramen? Tacos? Etc. Also is there any fire food open after 10?! Seems like San Diego shuts down at 10 can barely even find taco trucks. Interested to learn and try what you degenerates eat.
-
01-10-23 19:17 #659Banned Member

Posts: 14Anytime
I got you, feel free to DM me if you have any other questions.
Originally Posted by DesertFun
[View Original Post]
-
01-09-23 14:39 #658Senior Member

Posts: 100Re: GoodRx
Thank you SKH42!
I knew there was something that I had to be missing and it wasn't readily apparent how to make it all work, thanks for the explanation. I saw something that gave a phone # but it wasn't telling you that this was where you could get the prescription etc. I appreciate your help. Hopefully this makes it easier for the other guys who go to use it too.
Originally Posted by SkankHuntt42
[View Original Post]
-
01-07-23 22:09 #657Banned Member

Posts: 14Alright so GoodRX is a little confusing in that regard. GoodRx is just a discount program for medications. If you don't have insurance you can use them for free to get your medications on discounted prices. They also offer another service for telehealth. That's completely separate and not free. If you download the app, go to the tab on the bottom that says, "care" and press "start a visit" it should cost 25 or 30 I believe. They'll have you go through a questionnaire and what not and ask what symptoms you're having just follow the steps and then they'll connect you with a doctor to receive your prescription. After they prescribe it to you pick out the pharmacy you want to use and let the doctor know to send it there. Call the pharmacy about 15-20 minutes after to confirm they received it and you should be good to go. Side note, GoodRx has a subscription program called GoodRX gold. It's 9. 99 a month and gives you more discounts from more stores for your prescriptions. It may or may not be worth it for you but before signing up for it go to the prices you see for the medication you want and check if theirs discounts that say "gold" next to them. If any of them are more then 9. 99 cheaper then the others then it's worth signing up for. If the pharmacy you were picking the medication up from doesn't say "gold" next to it then don't sign up because you won't be using the gold discount regardless.
Originally Posted by DesertFun
[View Original Post]
-
01-07-23 20:16 #656Senior Member

Posts: 100Re" GoodRx
Art, and anyone else who has used GoodRx.
I followed the basic setup instructions for the app, got the price and location for pickup etc. , but I'm missing finding the route for the text messaging with the "prescriber", where do I find that part? I got the discount codes etc, called the pharmacy to find out how it worked on their end but they are waiting for the prescription to come in. (30) 20 mg Tadalafil for $9. 83 with the discounts etc. Much better than my Canadian pharmacy and faster too if I can figure out how to get the "prescription" to the pharmacy, thanks for filling in the blanks everyone.
Originally Posted by ArtVandalayy
[View Original Post]
-
12-18-22 10:41 #655Administrator

Posts: 5255I do
I mark them as shills all the time and ban their accounts. The issue here is this lady at 108 is twisting seniors to write bullshit over the top reviews. I hate banning seniors but it's going to start happening.
Originally Posted by SirBishop
[View Original Post]
Nuking the forum for 6 months is the last resort but I've done it before and will do it again.
A2.










Reply With Quote





