The Velvet Rooms
High Class Companions
The Only Limits are Your Imagination
The hottest girls are here
Meet Sugar Babies
Top Tier Escorts
The Velvet Rooms
High Class Companions
The Only Limits are Your Imagination
The hottest girls are here
Meet Sugar Babies
Top Tier Escorts
The Velvet Rooms
High Class Companions
The Only Limits are Your Imagination
The hottest girls are here
Meet Sugar Babies
Top Tier Escorts

Thread: OPSEC. Operattional Security

+ Add Report
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 422
Come and Relax
This blog is moderated by Shier
  1. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Proflou2019  [View Original Post]
    Not how it works. Every physical device that connects to a WiFi has a unique hardware descriptor. I guarantee you in these managed systems like hotels use, EVERY device that connects is logged, and where you go while connected is tracked.

    Same with the WiFi at Mickey D's, Starbucks, the mall, whatever.

    Lou.
    A MAC address. These can be spoofed. I have a little piece of software that does it on my mac.

  2. #271
    Senior Member


    Posts: 1991

    Using home internet gateway at a hotel

    T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, and a host of other mobile providers (Metro PCS, etc.) offer 5 G internet gateways designed to be used as your primary home internet service. They all have SIM cards and connect via the mobile network. My unit is small enough that it fits in a carry-on and I've traveled with it on multiple occasions. I've seen articles claiming that, once they're activated at your home address, they're geographically restricted. Can't speak for others but mine has worked perfectly all across the country. I plug in the unit and have a much faster connection than the hotel Wi-fi and it completely bypasses the hotel's network, equipment, and logs.

    Additionally, I always use a VPN whenever I do anything online. I know nothing is 100% secure, but at least I've cut the hotel completely out of the loop.

  3. #270

    Outed

    Quote Originally Posted by FarFarAway  [View Original Post]
    Do you mean like, I get WIFI free at Hilton? But that is based on them recognizing me as one of their frequent travelers. So they know it is me from my computer. Like cookies. How would that be safe? I mean Hilton doesn't have motivation to out me to my warden, but they could do it inadvertently.
    Yeah, Hilton has zero interest in outing you, but that's not really the point. If you're otherwise outed, your devices CAN be inspected and logs subpoenaed from owners of WiFi's you used to further whatever investigation may be happening.

    Lou.

  4. #269

    Physical device

    Quote Originally Posted by SonChi  [View Original Post]
    If you have a blanket hotel wifi password you are OK.

    If you login with your username and room number, they got you.
    Not how it works. Every physical device that connects to a WiFi has a unique hardware descriptor. I guarantee you in these managed systems like hotels use, EVERY device that connects is logged, and where you go while connected is tracked.

    Same with the WiFi at Mickey D's, Starbucks, the mall, whatever.

    Lou.

  5. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by FarFarAway  [View Original Post]
    Do you mean like, I get WIFI free at Hilton? But that is based on them recognizing me as one of their frequent travelers. So they know it is me from my computer. Like cookies. How would that be safe? I mean Hilton doesn't have motivation to out me to my warden, but they could do it inadvertently.
    I Assume yes if log-in with your name and room # and or if you are Honors or Bonvoy member. Most hotel chains have "free public wifi" with very limited bandwidth and have the ability to block VPN's due to security concerns. This doesn't have anything to do with Opsec but some hotels chains even block HDMI ports on TV's; I found that out at a Hilton when I plugged my Amazon firestick in to watch Thursday night football.

  6. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by SonChi  [View Original Post]
    If you have a blanket hotel wifi password you are OK.

    If you login with your username and room number, they got you.
    Do you mean like, I get WIFI free at Hilton? But that is based on them recognizing me as one of their frequent travelers. So they know it is me from my computer. Like cookies. How would that be safe? I mean Hilton doesn't have motivation to out me to my warden, but they could do it inadvertently.

  7. #266
    Senior Member


    Posts: 1241
    Quote Originally Posted by Proflou2019  [View Original Post]
    Nope, no "sure fire safe way". All wifi can be tracked to an extent. But so can the cellular in your phone, so. *shrugs*.

    Lou.
    Whenever I'm in a hotel, mongering or not, I always use a VPN before logging in. Again, not foolproof, but better than nothing.

  8. #265

    Mint Mobile

    Anyone had any success, or other experiences with Mint Mobile as an alternate phone?

    Thanks,

    Q.

  9. #264

    Hotel Wifi

    Quote Originally Posted by Proflou2019  [View Original Post]
    Nope, no "sure fire safe way". All wifi can be tracked to an extent. But so can the cellular in your phone, so. .
    If you have a blanket hotel wifi password you are OK.

    If you login with your username and room number, they got you.

  10. #263

    Wifi

    Quote Originally Posted by FarFarAway  [View Original Post]

    In a bigger question, what if any way should we be using WiFi when we are in no-tell hotels? Is there a for sure safe way to do so?
    Nope, no "sure fire safe way". All wifi can be tracked to an extent. But so can the cellular in your phone, so. *shrugs*.

    Lou.

  11. #262

    Did I screw the pooch?

    I was FCing w / a SB in a hotel she booked. I thought I would get her to tell me about her fantasies and find them on a porn site to show her, to get her going.

    I brought my regular laptop to the hotel. I turned on WiFi and started to connect. Even though it was a down-market brand, I realized then that it was part of the Marriott group, because the name came up on my WiFi. I just stayed in a Marriott last weekend on a pleasure trip, and my WiFi perked right up when it saw it could connect to a Marriott local network. I suddenly feared Marriott might connect me to my IRL identity being in that hotel. I didn't want that to happen so I killed my WiFi. Do you think this will come back to haunt me? Is Marriott now going to be spamming me for the hotel my SB booked?

    In a bigger question, what if any way should we be using WiFi when we are in no-tell hotels? Is there a for sure safe way to do so?

  12. #261

    Thank you

    Thank you. This is great information.

    I think I will stick with a burner app for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dm311  [View Original Post]
    Having two sims on the same phone has its pros and cons. If you want to truly segment personal and hobby life, this doesn't quite get you there. Some folks suggest a burner phone with an esim that is only turned on away from home when hobbying. You can achieve this with a secondary esim on your personal device, but remember that it has all your apps and other information still on the device from your primary use.

    Also, you need to be careful to toggle the sims off when not using. Its easy to accidentally send a message from the wrong sim to someone. Weigh what works for you and whether you have the discipline to work with two sims on the same device.

  13. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFrog  [View Original Post]
    I use to use a burner phone, but switched to a burner app a couple years ago so I would not have to carry around a second phone. Now I have a phone that supports multiple eSIMs. Has anyone used this? Any recommendations?
    Having two sims on the same phone has its pros and cons. If you want to truly segment personal and hobby life, this doesn't quite get you there. Some folks suggest a burner phone with an esim that is only turned on away from home when hobbying. You can achieve this with a secondary esim on your personal device, but remember that it has all your apps and other information still on the device from your primary use.

    Also, you need to be careful to toggle the sims off when not using. Its easy to accidentally send a message from the wrong sim to someone. Weigh what works for you and whether you have the discipline to work with two sims on the same device.

  14. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRai2  [View Original Post]
    I saw this on the AR site. Not sure where but found this interesting and I wonder if the monger's future ex may have been on to him and had a PI snoop around.
    Link does not work.

  15. #258

    Getting Doxed?

    I saw this on the AR site. Not sure where but found this interesting and I wonder if the monger's future ex may have been on to him and had a PI snoop around. https://a*********.net/index.php?thr...ovider.258181/.

Posting Limitations

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Top Escorts
Best Escorts
Live Escorts
LoveHUB Escorts Directory
Top Escorts
Best Escorts
Live Escorts
LoveHUB Escorts Directory
Top Escorts
Best Escorts
Live Escorts
LoveHUB Escorts Directory

Protected by Copyscape