Thread: Rants and Raves
+
Add Report
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 8273
-
12-28-20 11:49 #4178Senior Member

Posts: 355Holy Sh*t
This debate will never end. Who cares if someone claims to be a doctor. Having worked with doctors for many, many years I've learned that having an MD behind a name doesn't make someone the smartest person in the world. Doctors have differing opinions ALL of the time, and can and will interpret data differently ALL of the time. Look at Fauci versus Scott Atlas. Malpractice cases involve doctors questioning others doctors regarding why they prescribed a certain treatment or procedure that caused harm. And numbers can be manipulate to prove anyone's point of view.
Originally Posted by SgtLurker
[View Original Post]
Has anyone been inside of a COVID ward? Some of us would definitely change their mind if you had the chance to see what is taking place. We all really need to start reviewing data from all sources and not from just a conservative or liberal publication. I have many friends who have had COVID. Here's the thing: Their symptoms ranged from asymptomatic to death. The 300,000+ deaths are the documented cases. How many deaths are undocumented COVID-related deaths that could possibly increase that number? One of the biggest issues is asymptomatic spreading, which undermines the mask debate. If COVID had visual indicators regardless of severity, like the chicken pox or leprosy, I can almost guarantee that most of us would stay away from that person or choose a mask.
It IS true that majority of us will not die from COVID, but I'm not a fan of the Russian Roulette characteristics of this disease. Out of the 35+ people diagnosed associated with the White House, only Herman Cain passed? What is true is that there are some post-COVID morbidities that can last for who knows how long. One of the neurologist at a Georgia medical college is collecting the morbidity data from documented case. Her warning to me was, You do NOT want to catch THIS disease. I have one friend who STILL hasn't been able to smell since March.
-
12-28-20 10:57 #4177Senior Member

Posts: 2351I will take the advice of the Public Health professionals.
Originally Posted by SgtLurker
[View Original Post]
CDC recommends that people wear masks in public settings, like on public and mass transportation, at events and gatherings, and anywhere they will be around other people.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...coverings.html
World Health Organization WHO recommends Masks should be used as part of a comprehensive strategy of measures to suppress transmission and save lives; the use of a mask alone is not sufficient to provide an adequate level of protection against COVID-19.
https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...-to-use-masks.
-
12-28-20 10:34 #4176Senior Member

Posts: 1180Superstition = masks
The COVID virus is so tiny it passes right through all but truly medical masks but that is as un-politically correct as when I was in command in the Army in the mid-90's I opposed the community health nurse just telling my soldiers to use a condom when the HIV virus passed through over 90% of the cheap brands of condoms. Remember the HIV pandemic of the early 80's? It was running most rampant among the gay community and drug users but they would not be honest because it was discriminating against the gays.
Originally Posted by SgtSoros
[View Original Post]
-
12-28-20 10:18 #4175Senior Member

Posts: 2351Let me guess, you are either a Chiropractor or a Proctologist? Hmmm, you use Florida as an example, Florida Governor DeSantis has purposely suppressed numbers of COVID cases and deaths in his state.
Originally Posted by MTWilliams911
[View Original Post]
Secrecy and spin: How Floridas governor misled the public on the COVID-19 pandemic
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis in Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis administration engaged in a pattern of spin and concealment that misled the public on the gravest health threat the state has ever faced, a South Florida Sun Sentinel investigation has found.
DeSantis, who owes his job to early support from President Donald Trump, imposed an approach in line with the views of the president and his powerful base of supporters. The administration suppressed unfavorable facts, dispensed dangerous misinformation, dismissed public health professionals, and promoted the views of scientific dissenters who supported the governors approach to the disease.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronav...htmlstory.html
Theres more, Florida Governor DeSantis, sent his goons to the home of a former Florida department of Health employee for refusing to manipulate State COVID data.
Florida State police brandishing firearms Monday raided the Tallahassee home of Rebekah Jones, the former Department of Health employee*who built the state's much-praised COVID-19 dashboard before being fired over what she said was refusing to "manipulate data."
"They pointed a gun in my face. They pointed*guns at my kids," Jones tweeted shortly before*5 p.m.*
Jones who launched her own COVID-19 dashboard after she was fired, and used crowdsourcing to raise money to support it said the agents knocked on her door*around 8:30 a.m. that*morning, took all her "hardware and tech" after showing her a warrant based on a complaint filed by*the Florida Department of Health.*
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...id/3893165001/
-
12-28-20 09:44 #4174Senior Member

Posts: 757I think your data is wrong
You can go to this CDC website and download the spreadsheet for deaths by week / cause / state / USA and total up all the deaths for 2019 and through 12/12/20.
Originally Posted by Admin2
[View Original Post]
https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Weekly-Cou...muzy-jte6/data
I'll summarize it for you. Totals for USA in 2019 was 2,852,609. Through 12/12/2020 totals are 3,073,009. Deaths for the first two weeks of December were 99,645. See if you can use that elementary education to extrapolate what the total deaths will be through the end of 2020. Then use that fancy subtraction thing to get the difference.
Did you learn anything?
-
12-28-20 09:23 #4173Senior Member

Posts: 757Please provide a link
Where are you getting your 2,851,438 figure?
Originally Posted by Admin2
[View Original Post]
-
12-28-20 08:33 #4172Senior Member

Posts: 271Superstition = masks
I do not have to ask a doctor. I am a doctor.
Originally Posted by SgtSoros
[View Original Post]
Transmission of bacteria in the OR is a completely different issue than an airborne virus and non-certified cloth masks.
Peer reviewed publications show commonly used cloth masks only stop a tiny percentage of airborne viruses.
We should probably throw some virgins in a volcano to stop the spread. Probably as effective as the hysterical "shut down everything" and "wear masks" superstitious crowd.
Florida is largely open. California largely closed. Difference in spread rate is statistically not different.
-
12-28-20 03:37 #4171Senior Member

Posts: 2351Here’s a thought, the next time you're in surgery, please ask your operating Surgeon, Consulting Doctor, Surgery room Nurse and Anesthetist NOT to wear medical masks or medical gloves. Also, while you're at it, insist they use unsterilized instruments. Your after surgery health outcome should be very interesting. Wear a damn mask!
Originally Posted by MTWilliams911
[View Original Post]
-
12-27-20 23:44 #4170Administrator

Posts: 5264Nope
I didn't because I have seen that before and I still have the same question.
Originally Posted by RedneckStud
[View Original Post]
If the mortality rate for the US over the last ten years has been 867.8 per 100,000 people https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm which works out to 2,863,740 dead people for 2020.
When the average mortality rate plus 300,000 excess deaths would mean 3,163,740 yet only a total of 2,851,438 have died as of December 27th perhaps you could explain to me what I'm supposed to learn from that article.
I know the article you posted said that there were 300,000 excess deaths, and I know that article quoted an article from somebody at the CDC saying that there were 300,000 excess deaths can explain why there are not 300,000 excess deaths in the CDC's running count? It's really kind of at the center of what I don't understand and it really bugs me. No shit Stud if you could explain that to me I'd stop posting this shit. I was talking to a real live epidemiologist about it once and all he told me was that I lacked the training to understand the "epidemiological glue" (I'm not making that up) that held these numbers together. I freely admit that I do not have the training to put these kinds of graphs together but I did pass elementary school so I can add and subtract and I asked him again to explain, in the most rudimentary manner possible and he said "less traffic accidents" so I looked, according to the agency that watches them traffic fatalities are down 3% which is great but only 38,000 people die a year in accidents so that's only 1000 people. When I said that to him he sort of lost it and told me that I lacked the training to even ask the question.
When you tell me that 300,000 more people died yet the projected number at the beginning of the year is exactly what has died at the end I have to ask where the extra 300,000 are? Can you tell me? If you can't, perhaps you can tell me if you learned anything from learning that there appears to be a pretty big discrepancy.
-
12-27-20 23:17 #4169Administrator

Posts: 5264I'm sorry for your loss
It's not my statement, its directly from the CDC's web site, https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm since I know you won't look I'll post the numbers here, I have spent a lot of time looking at their data.
Originally Posted by ST0808
[View Original Post]
Total deaths with Covid as of today, 291,757.
Under 1 year 31.
1-4 years 18.
5-14 years 50.
15-24 years 468.
25-34 years 2,041.
35-44 years 5,298.
45-54 years 14,124 total under age 55: 22,030 which is 7.55%.
I know 14,124 seems like a lot but when compared to the total number of people of these ages who have died it's not really. 205,203 people have died between the ages of 0 and 54 in the US so far this year. 14,124 died with covid and remember 94% of those 14,124 had an average of 2. 9 life threatening illnesses as well so of the 205,203 who died of all causes only 850 died with covid as the primary cause. I understand that these are all tragedy's to the people who loved them but not a lot of young people are dying of covid when looked at in the context of the entire population.
55-64 years 34,966.
65-74 years 62,280.
75-84 years 79,724.
Over 85 92,757 Total over age 55: 269,727 which is 92.45%.
Also from the same site "For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2. 9 additional conditions or causes per death. ".
92.45% of the people who have died with covid were over the age of 55 and 94% of them had an average of 2. 9 life threatening diseases so I believe the conclusion that the vast majority were elderly and very sick is true.
Again, I'm sorry for your loss and perhaps your thoughts on covid are seen through that lens. Best of thoughts to you and your family during what must be a difficult holiday season.
A2.
P.S. I wouldn't ban you for disagreeing with me on a fight thread.
-
12-27-20 22:53 #4168Senior Member

Posts: 271Masks exposed as a joke
-
12-27-20 21:05 #4167Banned Member

Posts: 1610Allow me to make you even sicker.
A2 took the time because he is right. Some of you would do well to consider his facts rather than the lies that Fauci, the media, CDC, and the WHO spoon feed to you every day. But of course, you won't. Your mind has been made up a long time ago. We changed our minds some months ago as the real facts and the real truths came out. You and others refuse to see them yet you admonish us for our made up minds? Such Pharisees. Live blind and stay proudly ignorant.
Originally Posted by AllTheTime
[View Original Post]
-
12-27-20 18:25 #4166Senior Member

Posts: 521I learned something.
The article shows that that the 300,000 excess deaths are most likely NOT due to COVID.
Take note of the last paragraph in the article: "There were also differences among different age groups, with the largest increase occurring among people age 25 to 44, who saw excess deaths that were 26.5% higher than average. People 45 to 64 had 14.4% more deaths, while those 65 to 74 had 24.1% more deaths. Deaths among people 75 to 84 were 21.5% higher and 14.7% higher for people 85 and above".
Now take a look at this chart of distribution of COVID deaths by age:
https://cdn.aarp.net/content/dam/aar...eb.900.518.jpg
Those distributions DO NOT MATCH.
Originally Posted by RedneckStud
[View Original Post]
-
12-27-20 17:49 #4165Senior Member

Posts: 412You are spreading the fake news
Your statement "in fact 280,000 of the 300,000 were elderly, very sick, and going to die with or without covid" is absolutely wrong. I hardly come to your fucking site anymore, too many fucking racist pigs and ignorant trolling this place.
Originally Posted by Admin2
[View Original Post]
I have very close family person died of covid, just 48 years and very active and physically fit. The other 4 members of the same family have almost no symptoms this person was gone in 3 days. My next door 56 years old neighbor was in ICU for one weeks. It is true that majority on the casualty of covid had exiting problems but lot of young people died too. You will see lot of young people on this list if you go through data. I guess you don't have time to look through any site since you have to manage this site.
You can ban me for life and ask me if I give a shit.
-
12-27-20 17:26 #4164Senior Member

Posts: 180Thank you; I'm so sick of the Covidiots with their "don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up" attitude.
Originally Posted by RedneckStud
[View Original Post]
Though I am surprised A2 took the time away from his usual admonishments on how we should think about those in the adult industry (except him, of course).









Reply With Quote





