Rubrankings.com
Ferrant Lax Mexico City
The Velvet Rooms
The hottest girls are here
Meet Sugar Babies
Best Escorts
LoveHUB Escorts Directory
Live Escorts
The Velvet Rooms
The hottest girls are here
Meet Sugar Babies
Best Escorts
LoveHUB Escorts Directory
Live Escorts
The Velvet Rooms
The hottest girls are here
Meet Sugar Babies
Best Escorts
LoveHUB Escorts Directory
Live Escorts

Thread: Rants and Raves

+ Add Report
Page 473 of 552 FirstFirst ... 373 423 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 523 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 8273
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
  1. #1193
    Administrator


    Posts: 5264

    Agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by Zipper34  [View Original Post]
    When I'm at home on my wifi from my cable provider which is Comcast on my computer like my Asus Chromebook, Dell, Macbook, etc. I can access any web site I want just need to be on my cable provider's wifi all the time like everybody else. A2 you are correct that I was making a reference to public wifi. If you are on wifi at Starbucks or somewhere public they may have a thing like some ISP or user data where they can censor certain web sites based on wording of the web site. Now web sites that are into videos like Youtube can still be accessed but it depends on if you can watch those videos or not based on their description. What we seemed to be experiencing the other day was censorship that was being tested as net neutrality is no more here. When I couldn't get on this site because it told me my internet was down but could access other web sites on my chromebook while on my wifi I knew something was up. The thing is that anybody who uses a PC, laptop, etc. Is going to be a victim of censoring if they were to go that far with censorship. When it comes to having a phone plan with a smartphone with somebody like AT&T it is different. You don't have to be connected to any wifi on your smartphone while on a plan to use the internet and can go to any web site you want as long as you have your wifi turned off. If the government becomes that stupid with censoring, everybody will be running to get a smartphone, tablet, or some computer that can be a phone because they would be able to surf anywhere on the web without using wifi as long as they had a plan with somebody like AT&T or Verizon. I think they've already fucked up again with letting AT&T and Time Warner merge. Remember AOL and Time Warner merging? People never learn.
    The case you make for Starbucks would be the same if you were wired or not, I don't sweat them for doing that, if they didn't you know there would be assholes streaming porn while people were there with their kids. This site is blocked in Starbucks though my VPN generally gets me past their content blockers when I'm trying to work. When I do work in a place that blocks the USASG I only use my admin tools and never open up the forum itself.

    As far as your cell and the loss of net neutrality it will be the same. ATT will throttle the content that's not being paid for and when the government decides to remove your ability to pick your content then you're fucked. I was just in Turkey where they block tons of content (wikipedia as well, not just sex) and they also monitor VPN's. I burned through three different VPN's in three days. I would use one, it worked fine then the next time I couldn't connect.

    I can see this happening in the US.

  2. #1192
    Banned Member


    Posts: 13634
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipper34  [View Original Post]
    When I'm at home on my wifi from my cable provider which is Comcast on my computer like my Asus Chromebook, Dell, Macbook, etc. I can access any web site I want just need to be on my cable provider's wifi all the time like everybody else. A2 you are correct that I was making a reference to public wifi. If you are on wifi at Starbucks or somewhere public they may have a thing like some ISP or user data where they can censor certain web sites based on wording of the web site. Now web sites that are into videos like Youtube can still be accessed but it depends on if you can watch those videos or not based on their description. What we seemed to be experiencing the other day was censorship that was being tested as net neutrality is no more here. When I couldn't get on this site because it told me my internet was down but could access other web sites on my chromebook while on my wifi I knew something was up. The thing is that anybody who uses a PC, laptop, etc. Is going to be a victim of censoring if they were to go that far with censorship. When it comes to having a phone plan with a smartphone with somebody like AT&T it is different. You don't have to be connected to any wifi on your smartphone while on a plan to use the internet and can go to any web site you want as long as you have your wifi turned off. If the government becomes that stupid with censoring, everybody will be running to get a smartphone, tablet, or some computer that can be a phone because they would be able to surf anywhere on the web without using wifi as long as they had a plan with somebody like AT&T or Verizon. I think they've already fucked up again with letting AT&T and Time Warner merge. Remember AOL and Time Warner merging? People never learn.
    Didst thou forget the post-9/11 aftermath when the NSA went full throttle? If you scream too much, they may take notice.

  3. #1191

    An FYI on VPN

    I had enrolled in a VPN service, then found the Opera web browser includes a VPN feature (free), so I cancelled the previous service, now use Opera and see no difference in sites I can access. I do not think that Opera feature exists on the iPhone app.

    On blocking service: my dentist's office blocks USAG, so that makes it suck even more going to the dentist.

  4. #1190
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmantroy  [View Original Post]
    I get what you're saying, but simply using wifi or not it is not capable for a ISP to block a site vs. Blocking it thru a wired connection. NOW, if you are using a VPN (virtual private network) you may be able to access a site simply by using a server from another country. TER for example is blocked to US based connections. However you can access the site from a server based in Spain or France with no problem (they removed the US reviews, so it's basically useless) If you are using "free" wifi at say Starbucks, THEY can block sites using THEIR wireless router, but that's got nothing to do with the government. I was using the site via wireless at my house on my laptop and via my desktop at work (wired) and during the time I drove home from work things were working again normally. I have stayed in hotels a few years ago that blocked access to Craigslist and BP on my laptop, but using my data connection on my phone, I was able to access both sites with no problem. Needless to say I checked out and spent my money elsewhere for the duration of my stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin2  [View Original Post]
    But I'm not 100% sure you know what wifi is. What you're talking about is an ISP or User blocking traffic based on content. Wifi is simply the technology that sends the signal the last step. It wouldn't happen there. You might be talking about public wifi like at Starbucks but if they are blocking content it wouldn't matter if you are wired or wireless.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DkuLaXir3Q

    To make it easy, wifi simply refers to the last step in the delivery process of the content you have requested from a server that allows you to connect to an access point without a cable, nothing more.
    When I'm at home on my wifi from my cable provider which is Comcast on my computer like my Asus Chromebook, Dell, Macbook, etc. I can access any web site I want just need to be on my cable provider's wifi all the time like everybody else. A2 you are correct that I was making a reference to public wifi. If you are on wifi at Starbucks or somewhere public they may have a thing like some ISP or user data where they can censor certain web sites based on wording of the web site. Now web sites that are into videos like Youtube can still be accessed but it depends on if you can watch those videos or not based on their description. What we seemed to be experiencing the other day was censorship that was being tested as net neutrality is no more here. When I couldn't get on this site because it told me my internet was down but could access other web sites on my chromebook while on my wifi I knew something was up. The thing is that anybody who uses a PC, laptop, etc. Is going to be a victim of censoring if they were to go that far with censorship. When it comes to having a phone plan with a smartphone with somebody like AT&T it is different. You don't have to be connected to any wifi on your smartphone while on a plan to use the internet and can go to any web site you want as long as you have your wifi turned off. If the government becomes that stupid with censoring, everybody will be running to get a smartphone, tablet, or some computer that can be a phone because they would be able to surf anywhere on the web without using wifi as long as they had a plan with somebody like AT&T or Verizon. I think they've already fucked up again with letting AT&T and Time Warner merge. Remember AOL and Time Warner merging? People never learn.

  5. #1189
    Administrator


    Posts: 5264

    Not trying to be a dick

    Quote Originally Posted by Zipper34  [View Original Post]
    You can get onto some sites on wifi that could have content that may get blocked. One site being youtube. While you may be able to watch a video on youtube of a cartoon, you may or may not be able to watch a video of somebody pretending they are jacking off or something like that. That's how sophisticated censoring is when it comes to Wifi. If a web site has content and no videos, it can easily be censored or not depending on wording. A site like Youtube is censored based on description of the videos if people write a description of the video. LOL.
    But I'm not 100% sure you know what wifi is. What you're talking about is an ISP or User blocking traffic based on content. Wifi is simply the technology that sends the signal the last step. It wouldn't happen there. You might be talking about public wifi like at Starbucks but if they are blocking content it wouldn't matter if you are wired or wireless.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DkuLaXir3Q

    To make it easy, wifi simply refers to the last step in the delivery process of the content you have requested from a server that allows you to connect to an access point without a cable, nothing more.

  6. #1188
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipper34  [View Original Post]
    You can get onto some sites on wifi that could have content that may get blocked. One site being youtube. While you may be able to watch a video on youtube of a cartoon, you may or may not be able to watch a video of somebody pretending they are jacking off or something like that. That's how sophisticated censoring is when it comes to Wifi. If a web site has content and no videos, it can easily be censored or not depending on wording. A site like Youtube is censored based on description of the videos if people write a description of the video. LOL.
    I get what you're saying, but simply using wifi or not it is not capable for a ISP to block a site vs. Blocking it thru a wired connection. NOW, if you are using a VPN (virtual private network) you may be able to access a site simply by using a server from another country. TER for example is blocked to US based connections. However you can access the site from a server based in Spain or France with no problem (they removed the US reviews, so it's basically useless) If you are using "free" wifi at say Starbucks, THEY can block sites using THEIR wireless router, but that's got nothing to do with the government. I was using the site via wireless at my house on my laptop and via my desktop at work (wired) and during the time I drove home from work things were working again normally. I have stayed in hotels a few years ago that blocked access to Craigslist and BP on my laptop, but using my data connection on my phone, I was able to access both sites with no problem. Needless to say I checked out and spent my money elsewhere for the duration of my stay.

  7. #1187

    One more thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Airmantroy  [View Original Post]
    Your wifi is JUST a wireless connection to the internet. They can't ONLY block wifi, they have to block your entire connection to a specific web address. I had the same issues getting on yesterday, from somewhere around 1 pm till around 4:30 pm. It worked when I got back on around 8 pm with no problem. I was using Commiecast both instances with a wired connection and a wireless (wifi) connection, my guess is it was the website, not some government conspiracy or test.
    You can get onto some sites on wifi that could have content that may get blocked. One site being youtube. While you may be able to watch a video on youtube of a cartoon, you may or may not be able to watch a video of somebody pretending they are jacking off or something like that. That's how sophisticated censoring is when it comes to Wifi. If a web site has content and no videos, it can easily be censored or not depending on wording. A site like Youtube is censored based on description of the videos if people write a description of the video. LOL.

  8. #1186
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmantroy  [View Original Post]
    Your wifi is JUST a wireless connection to the internet. They can't ONLY block wifi, they have to block your entire connection to a specific web address. I had the same issues getting on yesterday, from somewhere around 1 pm till around 4:30 pm. It worked when I got back on around 8 pm with no problem. I was using Commiecast both instances with a wired connection and a wireless (wifi) connection, my guess is it was the website, not some government conspiracy or test.
    No no, it is not that hard to censor web sites on a wifi connection as you may think it is. Here's an example for you. If a web site has the word sex in it, whether it's a site like this or a sex education web site or even a health web site, it can be censored from a service provider who has wifi. It does not have to be a specific web address. Never was like that. Considering that I couldn't get on here yesterday for a while using my asus chromebook but could when using my smartphone that was not connected to wifi and then trying to get on here on my asus chromebook again and not being able to get on here but being able to get on other sites like other people are saying happened I'm sure they were testing the waters if they were to censor in the future. Also been told by other people that they tried to get on other sites too yesterday and got the same thing for a while. I have comcast too so comcast was testing out censorship yesterday. Probably making sure it works in the event the government does go overboard and enforces something which in the event Comcast would sue for losing customers if this did really become reality. However, let's say you're right and it was something with this web site yesterday? I will ask now. A2, if you do see this, was something going on with the web site yesterday?

  9. #1185

    No difference

    Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunting  [View Original Post]
    No. This is what happens when you elect crazy Republicans.
    Republicans, Democrats, Labour Party, Conservatives, Communists, Socialists and ALL the rest of them equally represent the exact same problem. People are so stupid and pathetic they actually think there's a difference and they actually believe in these political groups and ideologies more than they believe in themselves and their own abilities. Keep up the bi-partisan rhetoric though, it's doing a great job helping them gain more power and control.

  10. #1184

    Concur.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunting  [View Original Post]
    No. This is what happens when you elect crazy Republicans.
    I'm one of those but I'm not part of the trumpster fire.

  11. #1183

    I disagree

    Quote Originally Posted by EastRendezvous  [View Original Post]
    This is the type of crap that happens when people expect and demand that government fix their problems. Congratulations.
    No. This is what happens when you elect crazy Republicans.

  12. #1182

    What does wifi have to do with any of it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diznatz  [View Original Post]
    Don't forget companies that offer VPN! My connection is working like normal over WiFi today as well! I'm happy about that lifetime vpn deal I got for like $29 last year. I just need to renew it every 10 years (as long as the company is around and I remember my password)!
    Your wifi is JUST a wireless connection to the internet. They can't ONLY block wifi, they have to block your entire connection to a specific web address. I had the same issues getting on yesterday, from somewhere around 1 pm till around 4:30 pm. It worked when I got back on around 8 pm with no problem. I was using Commiecast both instances with a wired connection and a wireless (wifi) connection, my guess is it was the website, not some government conspiracy or test.

  13. #1181
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipper34  [View Original Post]
    Well they can block sites with anybody using wifi but they can't block when using data off your smartphone, tablet, or whatever. I bet they won't do shit because it is too risky when it comes to losing the dough but if it happened I bet Apple, Samsung, Verizon, AT&T, etc. Would make a lot more money for obvious reasons.
    Don't forget companies that offer VPN! My connection is working like normal over WiFi today as well! I'm happy about that lifetime vpn deal I got for like $29 last year. I just need to renew it every 10 years (as long as the company is around and I remember my password)!

  14. #1180
    Quote Originally Posted by EastRendezvous  [View Original Post]
    This is the type of crap that happens when people expect and demand that government fix their problems. Congratulations.
    Well they can block sites with anybody using wifi but they can't block when using data off your smartphone, tablet, or whatever. I bet they won't do shit because it is too risky when it comes to losing the dough but if it happened I bet Apple, Samsung, Verizon, AT&T, etc. Would make a lot more money for obvious reasons.

  15. #1179

    Daddy govt doing what your people want

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy6969  [View Original Post]
    Yes I experienced the same thing for 2 days until I use vpn in canada or other countries to get here. This is tyranny.
    This is the type of crap that happens when people expect and demand that government fix their problems. Congratulations.

Posting Limitations

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
High Class Companions
The Only Limits are Your Imagination
Top Escorts
Top Tier Escorts
High Class Companions
The Only Limits are Your Imagination
Top Escorts
Top Tier Escorts
High Class Companions
The Only Limits are Your Imagination
Top Escorts
Top Tier Escorts

Protected by Copyscape