Thread: "Sugar Babies" and "Arrangements"
+
Add Report
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 17261
-
10-08-25 15:41 #16211Senior Member

Posts: 3343Not on network news, but if it happened it would certainly be discussed on *this* site and we would all know about it. And just in general, I likewise am aware of ZERO examples of someone doing sugar dating getting busted by LE for solicitation. Some might worry about it, but when it simply isn't happening in the real world, to take serious precautions against it is a form of paranoia.
Originally Posted by PeterJohnson
[View Original Post]
-
10-08-25 14:13 #16210Banned Member

Posts: 197Start a thread
Half of this thread gets taken up by security-related stuff like buying gift cards and fake phone numbers and what have you. Can we move that to it's own separate thread and keep this one just about the girls, please?
-
10-08-25 13:51 #16209Senior Member

Posts: 95Google voice
Unless its a high profile murder case or a serious offense, Google doesn't comply with law enforcement, specially if its related to dealing with girls LOL.
Originally Posted by PeterJohnson
[View Original Post]
-
10-08-25 13:51 #16208Senior Member

Posts: 1843Ok, then makes sense if you are only concerned about SO figuring out what you are doing, or SB trying to blackmail or extort you. And if you aren't discussing $$$ over chats, then that lowers the risk tremendously, with no paper trail there. (As long as you don't use Venmo or Zelle for ppm...cash only, of course)
Originally Posted by FarFarAway
[View Original Post]
As far as an instance with someone being outed using Google Voice, I doubt that would be front page news on CNN. "Google Voice Outs Monger". But there are news stories every day about someone's texts being used against them in a criminal prosecution, or similar. That's not going to happen with Signal, especially with disappearing messages on. And again, there's no real downside to using it, at least if the girl agrees to move the conversation there.
-
10-08-25 13:28 #16207Senior Member

Posts: 1843Talking loud and saying nothing. It's "safe" in what respect(s)? What kind of attacks does it it protect you from?
Originally Posted by AtlPrince
[View Original Post]
Your messages via Google Voice are all vacuumed up by the NSA, and Google is certainly happy to give all your texting history to any law enforcement agency that requests it.
(And again, I never said using SMS or Google voice is crazy or "wrong". I'm not such a simpleton as to think that way. But just be aware of the actual risks and then everyone can decide for themselves).
-
10-08-25 10:18 #16206Senior Member

Posts: 95Google voice is safe
I used to work for google before and google voice is safe. The verification number that you use during signup can be removed and you can still use the gvoice as text only. You can repeat the process and can have multiple GVoice numbers.
Originally Posted by FarFarAway
[View Original Post]
-
10-07-25 23:11 #16205Senior Member

Posts: 3343Even if google knows or could figure out who I am, that does not necessarily put me at risk from what I truly fear. A SB figuring out my IRL identity and trying to parlay that into a score, or my SO figuring out what I have been up to. Those are the real risks in this game. And as I siad, the other indicators mentioned by the OP, I've never seen any of that. Even when I have potential for my sugar life crossing over to my real life, because of google being involved in my work world. Yes, I am careful. I use a VPN into the large corporate server too.
Originally Posted by PeterJohnson
[View Original Post]
I never discuss an arrangement by text, not because of any OpSec concern, but because I think it is to my advantage to do it face to face. I also am fanatic about covered sex. I am a cautious person generally. I just don't see some of these other precautions as rational, because, as I said, I have never heard or seen of someone getting bit by not doing them.
Please relate an instance where someone was 'outed' when using Google Voice. Yes IK Google is terrible for consumers, and knowing that keeps me wary.
-
10-07-25 15:15 #16204Senior Member

Posts: 1843Being smart and rational, and not taking unnecessary risks is not "paranoia."
Originally Posted by FarFarAway
[View Original Post]
Being lazy and careless and reckless is not a strategy I would recommend.
But it all comes down to personal decision about cost/benefit, risk/reward.
I would never say someone is "wrong" to discuss terms of an arrangement over SMS, just like I wouldn't say someone is wrong to BBFS some girl from the site. But also there is a much bigger downside (in lost pleasure) to using a condom, rather than the non existent downside of using Signal for texting. That's the part I don't get.
Well, I do lose a good number of sb prospects from insisting they communicate via Signal, so that is the real downside. However, the recent two deranged psychobitches have made me even more comfortable with my decisions here.
-
10-07-25 15:07 #16203Senior Member

Posts: 1843Google voice messages are not end to end encrypted, and also Google is notoriously terrible for privacy. All those messages are easily accessible, and all vacuumed up by the gov't. And likely your cellular provider also has easy access. They aren't private or even remotely close.
Originally Posted by FarFarAway
[View Original Post]
"Yes, Google Voice texts are encrypted during transit between your device and Google's servers using TLS, and are also encrypted when stored (at-rest). However, these are not end-to-end encrypted messages, as a message can be unencrypted once it leaves Google's texting gateway and travels through the standard, unencrypted SMS network to the recipient. ".
So if you ever share any pics or personally identifiable conversational info via SMS, google voice, mysudo, etc, then it's out there. Also your Google Voice acct is likely easily connected with your phone, which is likely connected with you. Ok, if you bought a burner phone with cash, and stored it in a faraday bag...and never switched it on, near home, then could help, but that isn't very practical to stay in touch with others. And why do all this when Signal works just fine...and install it on a burner phone if you want, but I don't even bother with that part myself.
What are the downsides of Signal? I'm not aware of any of them, besides many dumb girls refuse to use it. But that's not a downside of the app or technology itself. You don't have to give out your # with it and you can even register it with a different # than your main cell. It is just so solid and can also enable disappearing messages after a certain period of time. (I usually set for 4 weeks with these girls).
-
10-07-25 12:35 #16202Senior Member

Posts: 3343Has this ever happened, anywhere, to anyone's knowledge? I've never heard of it, and I'd wager you can't provide an example.
Originally Posted by GoneForGood97
[View Original Post]
-
10-07-25 01:46 #16201Senior Member

Posts: 3343Yeah, exactly, the only WiFi I ever connect my burner to is at Starbucks, to do app and software updates. Briefly. And this isn't hard to be careful at all. Just don't turn on WiFi. BTW, no one should have WiFi on on their IRL phone when they are mongering. The attempts the phone makes to connect to local WiFi signals get logged (on Google at least. So I have read on this site).
Originally Posted by GoneForGood97
[View Original Post]
I don't think your paranoia is well placed. Yes, I am sure Google could easily figure out that my burner account is me. I have *never* seen this show up IRL, however. And my job has google as the contractor for server services, etc. No, I don't get ads from Google on my burner that have to do w / my IRL account.
-
10-07-25 00:18 #16200Senior Member

Posts: 1302Google voice isn't truly anonymous. Google famously will link your "device fingerprint" to any account that's been on it, and will correlate "these 2 accounts are the same person" even though you give completely fake info on one. Even worse if you're using Android. All it would take is one subpoena to Google, whether an overzealous prosecutor or a crazy SB you knocked up and walked away from tracking you down for child support, and Google will instantly provide them all your info.
Originally Posted by FarFarAway
[View Original Post]
If you have a true burner device that NEVER uses the same wifi as your real phone, maybe you can escape being ID'd, but you'd have to be so careful, and the risk so high I wouldn't bother. All it would take is your burner device connecting to Google's servers one time on your wifi, and they'll immediately know who you are. This is the tech they use to advertise to you, and you may notice certain ads follow you even when you're on a burner device / account.
Tl;dr don't trust anything Google for privacy / illegal activities.
-
10-06-25 17:13 #16199Senior Member

Posts: 3343Wouldn't Google Voice give you sufficient protection, without the downsides of Signal? I really like it. It works on my burner, and I can access the account via browser, so I never have to have the burner inside an office / residence. It is buried in my golf bag, or elsewhere.
Agreed, likely borderline.
Originally Posted by PeterJohnson
[View Original Post]
-
10-06-25 16:33 #16198Senior Member

Posts: 1843Be careful out there
Damn, so many unstable, bipolar, crazy women on the site. I've been back on the site for a couple of months and 2 out of the 4 that I met turned out to be totally deranged. Both threatened me if I didn't give them money.
This latest one was the first I ever gave an allowance to (usually I do ppm). She seemed great for two weeks and we were spending lot of time together. The sex wasn't even the most important part of it. But then she just suddenly turned on me and went postal. Totally irrational. She must have borderline personality disorder, or similar.
Well, I don't mean to come on here and whine and lament, but it was a reminder how dangerous so many women are, so I am just passing the reminder onto you guys. I really should never SMS with any of these girls and only use Signal, but I break that rule sometimes if I really want them. But it's all just Russian roulette and that doesn't take into account the other usual obvious dating risks, that I won't even go into.
But damn the pussy was really good on a couple of those dates. So I know... high risk, high potential reward. But I'm just saying be extra cautious, or at least when you feel it is warranted. And I am clearly talking to myself here, more than to the rest of you.
-
10-06-25 01:18 #16197Senior Member

Posts: 318Well
I met her and she seemed fine to me. Wants more for BBFS like 400. Didn't see any problems with her but your mileage may vary. All I can say is she was one of my better lays.
Originally Posted by GoneForGood97
[View Original Post]












Reply With Quote




