Thread: OPSEC. Operattional Security
+
Add Report
Results 211 to 225 of 423
-
09-25-24 16:45 #213Senior Member

Posts: 3338Don't think you grasp all the ramifications. I am concerned about getting exposed from this, based on the past.
Originally Posted by AnonDemon69
[View Original Post]
The future isn't what I am asking about.
Also, the way you write this, it seems like you have that app on your IRL phone. I would not do that for a variety of reasons.
I also wonder, does TextNow permit voice calls from your secret number? GV does, that is important to me. GV also permits logging into a Google account and texting from a browser. Also important to me. Does TextNow do that?
I do use a burner.
-
09-25-24 13:05 #212Senior Member

Posts: 104I use TextNow and just have the app under a secure password protected folder. You don't need to link an e-mail or anything, so it should not link back to you.
Originally Posted by FarFarAway
[View Original Post]
-
09-25-24 01:59 #211Senior Member

Posts: 3338Chilling
I just ran a credit report from TransUnion. A lot of historical stuff is listed there. Including phone #s. One of the #s listed is actually my current burner number. The real phone number. I rarely rarely use it, as Google Voice is my prime means of contacting. However, the real number that is on the credit report is the number that I must use when I am recharging my web GB on TracFone.
I have no idea how this connection was made. What if anything should I do about this? Should I ditch that number? Try to get TracFone to give me a new one?
-
09-20-24 14:23 #210Senior Member

Posts: 3338One feature of Opsec I observe is to turn off WIFI on my IRL phone whenever I am doing anything in the sugar bowl. I am an Android user for both that and my burner. I understand I could go to Google and look at all the different locations my phone tried to connect to WIFI. So, it is key to keep that from happening.
Originally Posted by CuriousVaMan
[View Original Post]
-
09-20-24 11:30 #209Senior Member

Posts: 3338I understand his email address is also in the cache from the Ashley Madison hack. I think a lot of us could be in that boat. That was a long time ago, and our sensitivity to privacy and personal info wasn't then what it is now. Be prepared, if someone wants to dig into that archive, to explain if your email is in there. One of mine is, thankfully, I am never running for office. But you can imagine there are a few deputy dawgs out there who routinely run prominent people through that gauntlet.
Originally Posted by CuriousVaMan
[View Original Post]
-
09-20-24 08:17 #208Senior Member

Posts: 517Ouch
A real lesson in OPSEC.
The gubernatorial candidate in NC (Mark Robison) allegedly participated in and made comments on a wide range of adult-related and vanilla websites. He used the same handle on all sites and provided just enough personally identifiable information to blow his cover. Don't make his mistakes.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/19/polit...on-jake-tapper
-
09-17-24 15:45 #207Senior Member

Posts: 517Apple iOS 18.0
Apple iOS 18.0.
Last night I downloaded iOS 18.0 to my iPhone. This download includes a new Apple app called "Passwords" (places it on the Screen, not just in the Library).
When I opened the app, it has 6 different "password groups. " One of the password groups ("All") displayed all of the websites I have recently visited which require log-in credentials (even if I didn't log into them). USASG among them.
Another password group called "Wi-Fi" lists all of the wi-fi networks my phone has tried to login to, neatly displaying all of the hotels I have mongered at least the last year or so.
If you do download iOS 18.0, be sure to scrub the contents of the Password app.
-
07-01-24 06:48 #206Senior Member

Posts: 115Thanks!
Now I don't have to pretend that the reason I stopped it that my car had a flat outside my favorite AMP for the 6th time in 2 weeks.
Originally Posted by CuriousVaMan
[View Original Post]
-
06-30-24 17:51 #205Senior Member

Posts: 517Don't Worry About The TPMS
While it is true that each TPMS sensor has a unique ID, the TPMS transmitters only transmit about 20 feet (if that) - enough to signal your TPMS computer in the car or individual wheel pickups. The unique IDs are required to distinguish between tire positions. FWIW, the sensors also read internal tire temperatures as well.
Originally Posted by Mike85
[View Original Post]
-
06-29-24 18:17 #204Senior Member

Posts: 115Tpms
I've read that your car's TPMS crates a unique digital address for each tire that operates through wireless technology, and they can be used to monitor movement. Not being technically proficient, I have no clue if it is true or not. Maybe we need a Faraday shield cloaking device!
-
06-28-24 15:50 #203Senior Member

Posts: 253Typo
It's been like this forever, can a mode fix the typo in Operational on this thread? It triggers my OCD. .
-
06-21-24 22:15 #202Senior Member

Posts: 105Card processing
OK thanks for the correction. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in with the real explanation.
Originally Posted by FarFarAway
[View Original Post]
-
06-21-24 01:11 #201Senior Member

Posts: 517Seeking Uses an Offshore Processor
. . . so it can't be that. I'm curious as well.
Originally Posted by Lucretius
[View Original Post]
-
06-21-24 00:32 #200Senior Member

Posts: 3338Car I'd
I always remove my license tag from my car whenever I will be around a SB. This is OK in Cali. I also put tape over the VIN# that is visible on the windshield. With the license tag you can get the VIN and vice versa.
I just needed a new windshield. I had to remember today to put a piece of black electrical tape over the last few characters of the VIN.
-
06-21-24 00:21 #199Senior Member

Posts: 3338Your premise is faulty. These cards work just fine on seeking, which uses an international processor. IDK where Pimeyes is based, but I have assumed it is inside the US. Seeking is outside the US to make its operations a little more difficult to influence from US LE.
Originally Posted by Lucretius
[View Original Post]
What I just described is the opposite of what it should be if what you said was true.












Reply With Quote





