Thread: Massage Parlor Reports
+
Add Report
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 5635
-
09-15-24 14:06 #4300Senior Member

Posts: 69Newbie gets a Summer Massage and wonders about a few things
I've been lurking for months now, having issues getting signed up, more on that later.
Sorry if this is long, I have months of built up stuff to get out and I like details.
I recently visited the AMP just mentioned in prior post, located in the SE Suburbs, nestled in a strip mall, it was the first time to an Asian Massage place.
I'm not entirely new though, I've seen a few locals before who operate out of Minneapolis for $150 and $200 an hour, those seem to have some advantages but at double the cost.
I'll share my experience, and toss in a few question for the veterans that I'm sure other newbies are wondering.
1) how typical was this in general for Asian Massage, for age, appearance of woman, quality of massage, etc.
2) did I over tip.
3) how to ensure you get a session with the person you want.
4) if distance was no issue, where would you go for all around great experience (person, service, reliability), all of that probably comes with higher cost, but if it can be had for less money then of course also for reasonable $$. Ideally my masseuse would be not past her 40's and be neither Frumpy, Dumpy, Grumpy or overly Plumpy. Be happy to see me and at least be good at faking sincerity.
The place was very quiet, I didn't see more than one person at my mid afternoon visit, she was maybe 38-44, a few extra lbs, and friendly, some might describe as reasonably cute depending on your taste. Buzzer makes sense with a small number of people working, they need to control access.
When I called a couple hours earlier, it sounded like the woman on the phone had to check with someone to see if the time worked, so maybe there are normally more people,. Anyway moving on.
No up front questions other than how much time I wanted, I went with 45 min on the phone, but when I got there I switched to 30 when I saw I didn't have Lucy Liu attending to me and was unsure who I'd get a few minutes later. No monies paid or requested upfront.
I believe someone was just on the way out, and while I was in the room another person was arriving in the next room for their session.
I disrobed and waited, face down on the table. There was a fake bouquet or roses at the foot of the table, I left that undisturbed. When my Masseuse came back I was face down so didn't see if I had the same person or not, I thought the voice was different and maybe deeper and assumed I got someone older, but when I turned later I saw the same woman who greeted me.
She placed a drape over the butt first thing and went to work on the back and upper body.
She asked about pressure and I went with Medium / Hard. The massage quality was very good actually, the best I've had from an experience like this. So good I tried to extend by 15 minutes but she'd already given someone the greenlight to come in so I had to stick with 30 min.
Not much teasing per se, just some plausible brushes to the area when doing leg work. The massage was so good, she had me sighing and releasing some stress. I didn't over do it though, I lifted hips very slightly at the right times but again I didn't put on a show of it.
Toward the end, she asked "have you been here before", "No but I've been to Maple" was my answer. "Good" was her reply.
She came back with a warm towel and wiped off some excess oil from my back, it was the most odorless low grade oil I think I've every had before, I wondered if it was vegetable oil. No problem though. The warm towel was nice and took away the greasiness.
She left the room and gave me a little tickle to signal things might be about to get better. I think she had to get the next guy situated into a room.
She came back and had me flip, no questions or direction needed. She took care of my front well and I released what tension I still had remaining.
She exited again to get another warm towel and possibly to get the subsequent guy situated.
Cleaned up the front, I dressed and went to the lobby and paid.
$50 for the HH which she stated was house money, she asked for no tip at that point and I gave $30 which seemed neither stingy nor extravagant.
She took it but smiled and said "next time $40".
I think she might have pressed me then and there for more if she didn't have someone waiting in the next room for her.
So I think some here would say I over paid the tip raised expectations.
Is that so or does the tip basically stay very similar despite session length?
I've heard some say 30% which would only have been $15 bucks, which seems low and would not really make some body excited to see you next time.
This lady got the job done but would I repeat?
Maybe not unless I really felt the need and wanted some legit firm pressure.
Back in the Spring, I did some walk ins without service at Guilin, a place on University in Coon Rapids and on Central in Fridley just to so see what I thought (who greeted me, if I was given any choice of who would be going the massage etc.)
Didn't learn much except one place really wanted me to call and not just walk in, and also that Guilin had one of the roughest, if appearance was important.
So how does one go about having ANY reliability in getting someone they want initially or on subsequent visits?
I think if you saw someone you like and they wanted you to repeat, you could possibly text them directly to see if and when they were available, anybody have luck with that?
In general though it seems like Asian Massage places are what they are, you pay less you have less control over who and the quality may or may not be there.
Rose has a decent rep, but when I see their scheduling app plus the accounts of other folks having time being cut short it seems their scheduling app might be less useful than it seems. When I looked the other day, all providers had ALL availability open, which tells me it means little to nothing to select the provider and the time. You show up and they have a story about why you have to go with someone else instead or you get your desired person and the chances they are double booked or cramped for time is always there. Am I wrong?
Thanks for your inputs and hope I contributed well to the forum.
-
09-15-24 13:44 #4299Senior Member

Posts: 198I believe someone also vouched for Eastern Wellness in Red Wing. No guarantee on a good time there, but I can also personally vouch for Summer Spa. Great place.
Originally Posted by GaryCotter
[View Original Post]
-
09-14-24 21:21 #4298Senior Member

Posts: 81At Weirdo, I tried to email you back, but your message box is full.
Originally Posted by GaryCotter
[View Original Post]
-
09-14-24 20:58 #4297Senior Member

Posts: 79Summer Spa in Cottage Grove. Enjoy.
Originally Posted by GaryCotter
[View Original Post]
-
09-14-24 11:00 #4296Senior Member

Posts: 81Need recommendation in SE cities
Hi guys,
I've always enjoyed the massage parlors, but the po po keeps a close eye on all the parlors in town (1+ hour outside the cities), and the places in the cities don't seem to be much different, though I really can't tell for sure. Where I come from in FL, you can generally stroll into just about any Asian location and expect at least an L1. Here, it's been easier to just go with the hotel Asians, though I keep taking things further than I wanted (read: BBFS with old lady, paranoia for a week about critters in my wee wee). Can anyone recommend a surefire L1 massage place in the SE of the cities? Or a bit further? I see one advertised on STG, but I don't see any other reviews -- It would be a real downer to waste my time and money checking it out and failing, then having blue balls. Feel free to message me -- and I'll tell you the phone number with the smoking hot hotel Asian (or the old lady who freely offers BBFS creampie if you're into that).
-
09-11-24 13:46 #4295Senior Member

Posts: 503Yes, comforting hands massage. Back in the day. The new place is legit from my experience.
Originally Posted by KrangleVerse
[View Original Post]
-
09-11-24 12:36 #4294Senior Member

Posts: 79Eden Praire Seasons? Yep, they about to get a lot of business.
Originally Posted by BurtForPres
[View Original Post]
-
09-11-24 12:34 #4293Senior Member

Posts: 79Isn't Wonderful the old Comforting Hands place? They have been legit for a long while. I remember Angela and that was YEARS ago. I think they are full legit now, but someone let me know if I am wrong on this. That was my go-to many many years ago.
Originally Posted by BurtForPres
[View Original Post]
-
09-10-24 18:31 #4292Senior Member

Posts: 75In my experience, Wonderful has been strictly legit, but also my go to for a great massage.
Originally Posted by BurtForPres
[View Original Post]
-
09-10-24 16:31 #4291Senior Member

Posts: 198Welcome, and wowee really? Seasons huh? That's a shocker to me. With all the constant hubbub about Rose, this seems like an alternative. This is absolutely the first I've heard of this, and I know some mongers who will be more than happy to try it out.
Originally Posted by RelaxingNorth
[View Original Post]
Hope you're prepared for a litany of PM's LOL.
-
09-10-24 15:49 #4290Senior Member

Posts: 81I almost always get the half hour, though I would love to relax long enough to enjoy the full hour. I'm usually squeezing in a visit between other appointments to keep family / coworkers from suspecting anything, and it's usually the HE that I'm looking for. My favorite thing in the world is to get a high quality massage followed by a L1, and they can do that fine in 30 minutes.
Originally Posted by OnlyMe1234
[View Original Post]
-
09-10-24 15:24 #4289Senior Member

Posts: 198Oh that's an interesting tidbit! I had Wonderful in my no-go list. I got stonewalled there hard when I visited a year ago. Might be good intel for mongers that are nearby there. Then again there are like 3 spots near there that I know are good. The infamous Maple for one of course.
Originally Posted by MassErrection
[View Original Post]
-
09-10-24 14:58 #4288Senior Member

Posts: 27Wonderful Angela
Wow. What was that 5-6 years ago? They closed / re-opened but my experience was legit and no expanded menu this year.
-
09-10-24 13:37 #4287Regular Member

Posts: 1AMP update
Been perusing this forum for a while, and finally bit the bullet and decided to create an account. Here are a few that I have had good success at: and keep in mind I am in the western burbs.
Rose: I prefer Michelle, just because I know what I am getting and it never fails. Plus, I get my full time.
Seasons: Tina. It may take a time or two, but you can eventually get more than an L1. In fact, she loves when you can get her off. I only tip her 20 and she loves seeing me. However, massage is mediocre.
Place up in coon rapids: old lady but great with massage and fun HE.
I am sure I have a few more as I partake from time to time. I really want to find an independent if anyone knows of someone, please reach out!
-
09-10-24 10:55 #4286Senior Member

Posts: 503Hh is good for l1 service. Wonderful massage in Maplewood had a hot spinner named Angela that offered 30 minutes. She would light touch for 10 minutes, ask you to turnover, get you hard and finish you off. She wasn't known for her massage skills so saving $20 makes sense.
Originally Posted by OnlyMe1234
[View Original Post]










Reply With Quote




