Thread: News and Media Reports
+
Add Report
Results 211 to 225 of 2345
-
07-02-24 12:17 #2135Regular Member

Posts: 814 arrested in sex trafficking sting in northwest Georgia.
Originally Posted by AtlantaFunGuy
[View Original Post]
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bar...P4ZCCV2VP5R6E/
-
07-01-24 23:49 #2134Regular Member

Posts: 8Sex trafficking sting in northwest Georgia
-
06-26-24 10:32 #2133Senior Member

Posts: 211A trend
The lawsuit / filing a nuisance complaint seems to be the new trend.
Originally Posted by BearHunt
[View Original Post]
https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...tel-in-4-years
-
06-26-24 05:52 #2132Senior Member

Posts: 37A groundbreaking federal sex trafficking trial centered on two Red Roof Inn hotels in
-
06-25-24 14:13 #2131Senior Member

Posts: 62Not that I have noticed. I was driving by Peace Spa on Monday and the sign was on, so maybe they weathered the storm. At least until the county passes any kind of ordinance.
Originally Posted by DawgsB2B
[View Original Post]
-
06-25-24 09:49 #2130Senior Member

Posts: 225Any new closures
Any new / recent closures in Cobb since this article came out?
Originally Posted by Mikenfla58
[View Original Post]
-
06-23-24 11:37 #2129Senior Member

Posts: 62Cobb Crackdown is coming
-
06-11-24 14:58 #2128Senior Member

Posts: 527Laila
I was really hoping she had just moved on to live a normal life back in Florida. It saddens me to hear that she is gone now, she was such a beautiful person on the inside and out. I remember her showing me her art she'd do and she talked so highly of her kid. She was a proud mother and a great person to talk to. Last time I saw her she did mention teeth pain and asked if I had pain killers like oxy. I haven't seen her since 2022 but this really makes me sad. She was such full of life and find the beauty in anything.
Originally Posted by Jrody1
[View Original Post]
-
06-05-24 19:25 #2127Regular Member

Posts: 19Damn
Damn I'm terribly sorry to hear this. She was my favorite too.
Originally Posted by Jrody1
[View Original Post]
-
06-04-24 15:57 #2126Senior Member

Posts: 410Ask Copilot
I asked Bing Copilot. It seems to be missing what the House did with it. For what it's worth it said: "You can find information about the status of Georgia Senate Bill 36 (SB36) on LegiScan. The bill was engrossed on February 7, 2023, but it did not progress further and is now considered dead. You can read the latest bill text here. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask! 😊1.
Originally Posted by JunkSecond
[View Original Post]
Learn more.
1.
legiscan.com
2.
billtrack50.com
3.
Legis. Ga. Gov.
4.
billtrack50.com
5.
billtrack50.com
6.
billtrack50.com
+2 more.
-
06-03-24 11:08 #2125Senior Member

Posts: 2029Brazilian Latina Laila aka Raquel Is Gone
https://www.atlantanewsfirst.com/202...icide-attempt/
I was wondering for a while why I haven't seen a post in a while by Laila who I learned was Raquel a few years back. I decided to do some digging because I wasn't getting a response from her real number. I found the above article last year but I didn't really believe it was her. Until I saw the mugshots. She looked extremely high. I know Laila became an Alcholic at one point in time. Hard drugs? I really wonder who introduced her to that. Then I found her obituary for a Jonesboro service spot. If you know what I mean. Which solidified it. She was officially gone.
Another one gone to soon. I knew she had a kid as well who I believe graduated either last year or this year. Real bummer.
I really question how Henry County handled her. As her state in the mugshot. Seems like she is nearly out. There were several instances of inmates found unresponsive last year. I doubt this was suicide but I know she was always afraid of being caught up with LE when we used to talk. Laila never gave me vibes as the one to take her own life or attempt to do so when she has a dam kid.
I don't know any details on the cause of death or what led to her arrest etc. How exactly did she attempt suicide etc.? Did she succumb to the effects of some drug she had? Was she acting up at the hotel when she was high or drunk?
-
05-26-24 18:40 #2124Senior Member

Posts: 40Impressive Updates
Thanks so much for taking the time to summarize and do thorough research. I am with you. I have scoured anything and everything I can to understand the legal process and determine the status of this bill. Yet, the more I read the more confused I get.
Originally Posted by JunkSecond
[View Original Post]
I actually saw this "dead" status the other day and I was definitely happy, but not satisfied as it still doesn't seem certainly dead. I did notice the 4/1 note as well, but that is an AI summary, which means its just AI reading what would happen from certain written text. So still uncertain what that even means.
Maybe you are right. Just have to wait until July and see if the bill changes to an ACT and pandering conditions are altered.
Thanks for your comment and time friend!
-
05-26-24 07:41 #2123Senior Member

Posts: 808Find out in July
https://www.billtrack50.com/billdetail/1549287
Originally Posted by SportyDuke
[View Original Post]
The big status bar at the top of the summary now has a red "dead" entry on 3/38/24. However both state house and senate have passed the bill. The text says it goes into effect on 1 July 2024. I did some more reading to try to sort this out.
I'm not sure how to interpret the "dead" status. I found the articles below that might explain some of the process. Essentially if the house passed a modified version of the senate bill (and I found 2-3 house created versions after the senate passed it) it needs to go to a Conference Committee comprised of members of both house and senate to agree on changes. If the Conference Committee agrees it is sent to the governor to sign / veto within six days, or automatically becomes law in 40 days absent specific governor action. If the Conference Committee don't agree before Sine Die day the bill dies. Sine Die day was 28 March, the end of the legislative session.
https://georgia.gov/life-law
Another tracking site says it is "50 percent engrossed" and not passed.
https://legiscan.com/gaits/search?state=GA&bill=36
After several hours searching and reading I'm still not sure of an exact status other to say my best guess is it will continue in the next legislative session. The only thing definite would be to check the OCGA on 1 July and see if the pandering section is updated, or call up you representative and ask if it will now be a felony to get your dick wet.
https://www.fultoncountyga.gov/commi...ode-of-georgia
I also found the group below in my search. Not sure if they have any pull but if there was someone to organize opposition to the pious pricks that sponsored these bills, I would donate. With enough money all things are possible.
https://www.reformgeorgia.org/platfo...lize-sex-work/
-
05-20-24 21:16 #2122Senior Member

Posts: 36I know I'm late to this, but it's worth noting that. In GA. Giving a happy ending is the misdemeanor crime of "masturbation for hire" (OCGA §16-6-16.) If the only thing they catch the provider doing is a happy ending, they only charge masturbation for hire.
Originally Posted by AsianMan03
[View Original Post]
Since pandering applies only to prostitution. If you are only soliciting masturbation for hire, it's not pandering. Of course, by the time you find yourself trying to prove that to a court, a lot of the damage is done.
-
05-20-24 12:01 #2121Senior Member

Posts: 40Any updates on the new legilsation
I believe the 40 days for any bills to pass through has passed. But every time I check on SB36 on all sites, the last update is March 28. Anyone have any news to share? Ga Legislation pages are horrible to update things!
Originally Posted by Parkway91
[View Original Post]









Reply With Quote





