Thread: Stupid Shit In San Diego
+
Add Report
Results 631 to 645 of 1389
-
04-30-23 13:29 #759Administrator

Posts: 5255Like I said
You don't know what you are talking about, there is at least 30 years of medical proof.
Here's some of the most recent.
"As a result of scientific research, we know that addiction is a medical disorder that affects the brain and changes behavior. We have identified many of the biological and environmental risk factors and are beginning to search for the genetic variations that contribute to the development and progression of the disorder. Scientists use this knowledge to develop effective prevention and treatment approaches that reduce the toll drug use takes on individuals, families, and communities. ".
See where it says Biological risk factors and genetic variations? That means medicine, real differences between your body and an addicts body.
I know citing actual science will do nothing to change your mind, you are convinced that the shit in your brain is true, my audience is the rest of the people being exposed to your bullshit here not you.
https://nida.nih.gov/publications/dr...iction/preface
You know where you said you can't find an MD that will make a connection between disease and and addiction.
Nora D. Volkow, M. D.
Director.
National Institute on Drug Abuse.
There's one right there.
The DSM V literally defines 11 different types of substance disorders.
You literally make everybody dumber when you open your mouth. This is too easy, it's like arguing with a flat earth person.
Have a nice day.
A2.
Originally Posted by Sudcciv
[View Original Post]
-
04-29-23 21:52 #758Banned Member

Posts: 154Bullshit!
There is NO MEDICAL PROOF that shows that ANY "addiction" (whether to a liquid, solid, gas, or activity!) meets the criteria for "disease" that gets taught in ANY and all accredited American Medical Schools in the USA! Not ONE Iota of evidence or scientifically proved connection! If someone was to prove it, they would win a Nobel Prize in Medicine for it. I have worked in the addiction treatment field for over 20 years, and cannot even find an MD that can make the connection between "addiction" and "disease". Saying it "is" does NOT make it so. Nor does echoing it because others have since the nonsense of "12 Steppism" was excreted into print in 1939! There is ZERO involuntary acquisition of ANY "addiction"! You know what IS a disease-INVOLUNTARILY ACQUIRED MEDICAL CONDITIONS! Like COVID, CANCER, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, MENTAL ILLNESS, PARKINSONS's, etc. Please name how ANYONE involuntarily afflicted with THOSE CONDITIONS "choose" them-as they CHOOSE a liquid, solid, gas or activity to destroy themselves around! Additionally, there is NO SUCH THING as an "addictive personality" (it ain't in the DSM-5 as a "psychologically diagnosable condition" People who believe in the bullshit of "addictive personality" are nothing more then those who WILL NOT take responsibility for what they willingly, knowingly, and voluntarily do to themselves, or made a career out of doing! Addiction as a "disease"? BULLSHIT! "Addictive Personality"? DOUBLE-BULLSHIT!
Originally Posted by ReyKittyHawk
[View Original Post]
-
04-29-23 10:53 #757Senior Member

Posts: 119Addiction is a Serious Topic
People can become addicted to any sensation, good or bad that they either find desirable, or just expect.
Substance abuse or the thrill of something that gives a high or good feeling that is desirable and longed for is the most common. Drugs, gambling, success, SEX, winning, even violence and abusive behavior towards others.
Even bad feelings that they come to "expect" can be addicting. Like the girl who seeks bad boys who treat her like crap, because that is what she is use to, and assumes that is what is supposed to be.
People are multi layered creatures. We can want things not good for us, and and do things that damage or hinder our success. True addictions are not an open "choice" but a compulsion to find the desired experience provided by the stimuli. Emotional, psychological, physical, social, layers all come into it.
If you have an addictive personality, it can be something you have to battle your entire life, no matter what your logical mind wants, or believes or knows what it should and should not do.
A true addiction, is a chronic relapse disease. Don't' believe me? Look it up.
-
04-24-23 00:03 #756Regular Member

Posts: 19Yall are arguing different issues. Physical addiction is curable. I have never heard of anyone having withdrawals ten years after quitting. Emotional addictions are for life. Sugar is a good example. We know heart disease is the main cause of death in America, and we also know obesity is one of the main causes. Why are some of the most strongest, most respected etc. People overweight? They know they just have to eat healthier or quit sugar but most can't. Once you know what it tastes like you always know what tastes like. It's the same reason so many vegans eat "fake meat".
Originally Posted by Sudcciv
[View Original Post]
-
04-23-23 17:36 #755Senior Member

Posts: 471Clown
Oh you are just so smart. I am going to have to write down all of these useful insights so I can quote you properly. You stay away from that fentanyl now.
Originally Posted by Sudcciv
[View Original Post]
-
04-23-23 16:59 #754Senior Member

Posts: 40I was halfway through a lengthy response, and even had some medical resources for you to peruse, before I realized it would 99% be a waste of time. Short version: thank the gods you're not in the medical field.
Originally Posted by Sudcciv
[View Original Post]
-
04-23-23 10:10 #753Banned Member

Posts: 154Exactly!
Can you name even one instance where you have seen a person with an active substance addiction get "Forced" to used the substance? (breaking news: substances cannot force anyone to acquire or ingest them-since they are inanimate objects and do not make decisions! So, who does that leave? The substance use investor! The ingestor decides to acquire and ingest the substance! Not the other way around! Believe any substance is somehow "More powerful than the ingestor of it" more than warrants that perspective being under this topic's title! There is no more stupid perspective then some idiot substance user that thinks "I can't stop! "The drug is more powerful then I am!" jesus. Those brainwastes deserve immediate doses of the highest lethality of fentanyl to rid their idiocy off the planet!
Originally Posted by MongJuanSilver
[View Original Post]
-
04-22-23 11:03 #752Senior Member

Posts: 40So by your logic, all the people that relapse time and time again, or their bodies fight back or even quit on then, are all just weak-willed /-minded and didn't really want to be free of an addiction that's impacting their lives?
I guess this is the most appropriate part of the forums for that sort of post.
Originally Posted by Sudcciv
[View Original Post]
-
04-22-23 09:33 #751Administrator

Posts: 5255You have no idea what you are talking about
I've been sober for over 40 years and I'm telling you this is just some stupid "just say no" Nancy Reagan shit. Addiction, all addiction, love, dope, smoking, gambling, ect is ENOURMOUSLY difficult to overcome, that's why so many fucking people try and try and try and try and fail and fail and fail and fucking die, and then along comes an asshole that says "just make a decision. ".
Originally Posted by Sudcciv
[View Original Post]
You just made everybody in the room dumber. I wish I was allowed to use the ignore button I swear to fucking god I wish I could.
A2.
-
04-22-23 02:13 #750Banned Member

Posts: 154Addiction is a DECISION. PERIOD!
People CAN and DO QUIT ADDICTIONS all the time! Ever hear of people quitting their "nicotine" (tobacco smoking) addiction? Guess how most of them do it? That is right, COLD TURKEY! Yes, there are dangers to quitting some drugs like alcohol and benzodiazapines. Medical supervision, and medication withdrawals MAY be in order. But a person that really wants to quit and STAY QUIT from an addictive substance can do it with NO "relapse requirement" at all. I once had a client that said if she put HALF as much mental effort into staying off her "stuff" as she did into "scoring it" and ingesting it, then being and remaining clean would be as easy as breathing. Make a decision and stick to it. It IS that simple!
Originally Posted by SukijoSeiwaka
[View Original Post]
-
04-21-23 16:48 #749Senior Member

Posts: 388Don't Do It Around Other People, Black's Beach Etiquette
Come on, guys and girls, lets not fuck this up. The beach is long and deep. If you want to drink, or get frisky with someone walk way North away from the main trail (the one near the glider port) between the second trail (at the end of the parking lot) and find a comfortable spot away from everyone. If you really want perverted privacy go even further North beyond the second trail.
Don't do it between the main trail down and the Volley ball nets, this is the common area most families might go and is most crowded. Don't do it around or near the volley ball courts, this is where the nudists, and naturalists go. They are the ones who like to pretend they don't notice pussies, cocks, and hard bodies. And they will confront you for jerking off or being drunk or lewd.
Don't go south, this is where the surfers go, and they will think you are creepy in every way.
If you want to suck, fuck, jerk and drink, expect to hike far to a secluded spot well beyond the Volley Ball courts.
Walk North, find a secluded and quiet spot away from everyone, and stay alert. Be ready to stop any action and cover up, and conceal your drinks. Be fucking discrete for god sakes.
The problems is the pervs and drunks want to be around other people. Yea we know you want to see as many naked people as you can. But this is counter productive, and will get your behavior reported, and possibly ticketed. Imagine a ticket of lewd and indecent behavior on your record? Of even just public intoxication? Or both?
I'd be lying if I said I never got frisky or enjoyed a beverage or two on Black's beach. I have, and I've had my share of fun. But I do it in such a way nobody objects, complains, or sees a need to report my behavior. Really, unless you come sit by me, most can't even tell what I'm up to with my friends, but we stay clear of the crowds too. And we are discrete, we don't act like anything goes.
If you want to see more nudity, go for a walk along the beach and scout the scenes. Then go back to your spot and enjoy yourself away from concerned citizens and lifeguards.
I do appreciate this post because I'm use to keeping an eye out for the Lifeguard Truck cruising back and forth, now I have to watch out for walkers in plain clothes too.
But when you walk north far enough, and are way back on the beach far from the waves, it's real easy to see anyone coming your way for a long way off.
Lets not fuck this one up, because it is a STATE BEACH that tolerates nudity and can stop tolerating it in a heart beat on the whim of one politician responding to complaints.
Originally Posted by NudeBeachPerv
[View Original Post]
-
04-21-23 14:31 #748Senior Member

Posts: 479Blacks Beach
IDK the veracity of this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/blacksbeach...rcement_crack/
I will say I have seen lifeguards running up and down the beach not in uniform. The tell tale is they have walkie talkies. FWIW, I would rather have a beach with a really laid back atmosphere where hotties feel comfortable sunbathing, someone can discretely have a drink (but not get drunk and start fights,) and one can take a dip in the ocean au natural as they say. Wether or not if there is a crackdown, I hope this beach does not go the way of San Onofre.
-
04-17-23 11:00 #747Senior Member

Posts: 332You're describing normally functioning people. A leader like you would ruin people's lives. Your logic is similar to, "just add duct tape. " You clearly have no understanding of how defects can alter bodies.
Originally Posted by ReyKittyHawk
[View Original Post]
Basically, a drug addict's body has been altered at such a micro level that simply quitting cold turkey often sends the body into shock subconsciously and can result in long term ramifications. People like you are the reason why cures Europe and Asian countries have keep getting pestered when touching English soil. I'm not disparaging you just trying to fix your logic. Saying, just put a banaid on it doesn't help people with serious problems. Most people can't quit cold turkey. It's medically advised not to. Long-term binge drinkers often experience seizures and stroke during their first week of quitting. This is why we have rehab LOL. You can seriously get screwed up just by quitting but, with your logic: All you need to do is be a man and tough it out.
Even though alcohol has fundamentally changed your physiology at a microcosm.
-
04-17-23 10:50 #746Senior Member

Posts: 332I feel for you. They at least let me choose to get cut or not. I had a botched circumcision which resulted in scarring. I just decided to keep it natural. If I ever practice my traditions again, technically I did try and had a bad result. Plus, you get to enjoy sex more if you have the skin. Now my penis can be easily cleaned since the skin keeping the penis connected is torn off but csn be sheathed.
Originally Posted by Tendancer
[View Original Post]
-
04-17-23 10:47 #745Senior Member

Posts: 332Read my reply to MaximusKahn. There are many demonstrable experiments.
Originally Posted by Sudcciv
[View Original Post]









Reply With Quote






