Thread: Rants Raves and Stupid Shit in Seattle.
+
Add Report
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 4254
-
02-26-22 19:08 #1554Banned Member

Posts: 1358Note I said "(I think)", ie, not sure. But whether breaking the law or not, why can't common sense prevail? In that particular case, after the idiot gave me the finger, it would have been reasonably right for me to do something to him (maybe physical harm).
Originally Posted by MarkoRamius
[View Original Post]
You would be one of the few, in a very, very minority, that would use their head and behave in a mature fashion. Most bicyclists are just jerks, and think they own the road.
Originally Posted by MarkoRamius
[View Original Post]
And as for motorists invade bike lanes all the time, the same could be said of bicyclists who invade road lanes outside of bicycle lanes. Whether legal or not, it's still the same: if there is a bike lane, then use it!
-
02-26-22 18:49 #1553Senior Member

Posts: 906You need to read up on the law, I think
Are you so sure of that? I quote from.
Originally Posted by WalterWhite99
[View Original Post]
https://wabikes.org/index.php/growin...cycle-related/#text=Ride%20 as%20 far%20 to%20 the, except%20 when%20 turning%20 or%20 passing. &text=Bicycles%20 are%20 not%20 required%20 to%20 use%20 a%20 bike%20 lane%20 or%20 shoulder.
And as for sidewalks, in many jurisdictions you cannot legally ride a bike on a sidewalk (in Seattle you can, mostly). But if I am confronted with a choice of riding on a busy, shoulderless road with 40 mph traffic and riding illegally on a sidewalk, it is a no-brainer and fuck the law.Ride as far to the right as is safe and practical except when turning or passing. Bicycles are not required to use a bike lane or shoulder.
I agree that some cyclists can be obnoxious jerks. But there are a lot of motorists who are obnoxious jerks as well, the difference being that one group of obnoxious jerks are operating tons of metal and machinery that can easily kill people, while the other group dresses in odd clothing. And that's why I think motorists need to be held to a higher standard: simply because they can kill and injure others so easily.
You also need to keep in mind that motorists invade bicycle lanes all the time, for any reason and no reason at all.
-
02-26-22 17:35 #1552Senior Member

Posts: 133Resolution
You may place any member on your "Ignore List" and resolve your problem. I have found this to be a valuable option and utilize it occasionally.
Originally Posted by TJohns1169
[View Original Post]
-
02-26-22 15:25 #1551Senior Member

Posts: 170Absolutely not!
Should have phrased that better. All I'm saying is in most countries. The cyclists are smart enough to ride in the bike lane or side walks. And those are all congested. American cyclists here are entitled! I just hate how you have to wait on them in a one lane road while they pedal up a hill. No hate or harm to them. Was just venting, pretty sure some have been hit my cars before.
Originally Posted by MarkoRamius
[View Original Post]
-
02-26-22 15:18 #1550Banned Member

Posts: 964Sure, but you're talking about chips here. You can get the exact same chip with the exact same quality from store to store. But when we're talking about providers / people, that isn't the case. They are vastly different from person to person. No one person is the same. I've had great experiences at lower rates, but I've also very bad experiences at the same rate. It varies wildly when it comes to humans.
Originally Posted by WalterWhite99
[View Original Post]
You just said it right there - "Winco is closer to me than Walmart". That's convenience. Sure, you'll go there because chips are cheaper, but it's also closer. If some hot provider is closer and she a bit more $, most guys are going to do it. Not all, but I'm willing to wager most will. Convenience.
Originally Posted by -WalterWhite
Sure it does, but you never mentioned saving money for your future or a rainy day. You've always talked about refusing to pay higher rates so that providers lower said rates. Having said that, if my financial situation allows me to pay more and still save money, it's not a concern for me. That's that thing. What's expensive and takes from your savings to you isn't a hindrance to someone else. This is why Walmart can still carry those chips for a higher price and still be in business.
Originally Posted by WalterWhite
LOL
-
02-26-22 14:40 #1549Banned Member

Posts: 1358The problem with your argument is that if "we" (people who are decent, considerate, and obey the law) do anything slightly wrong, we'll be basically castrated! Also (I am writing this right after the other post I made regarding the narrow bicyclist who caused me issues), read my post about that, and you'll see why many of us might be "fragile".
Originally Posted by MarkoRamius
[View Original Post]
-
02-26-22 14:36 #1548Banned Member

Posts: 1358I understand there are laws governing bicyclists, and protecting them. But with some common sense and decency, we would not have so much hatred.
Originally Posted by AsaMona22
[View Original Post]
The following incident still bothers me to this day. When we moved into our townhome in 2005, the main road "outside" the community was completed, and bike lanes were installed on both sides of the street. Each homeowner (including other adjoining communities in the area) was subsequently assessed with a "payment" for the improvement of that road about 9 months or so later, including the bike lanes (it was about $1450 for us, and not tax deductible! About a year later, I exited our community, approached that main road, and made a left (it is 2 lanes only, plus a bike lane on each side). The road ascends up a hill (not too steep). As I drove up the hill, there were 3 people riding their bikes on my right. 2 of them were correctly within the bike lane, but the third one was outside of it, on the road, and impeding me. Now, there was no traffic coming the other way, but legally one is not supposed to cross the line into the other lane. Well, I honked my horn for the bicyclist to move, but he ignored me. So, I did go around him (again, illegally), but as I went by, he gave me the finger! Unfortunately, I am not too strong, plus older than him. And I had nothing in the car I could use to fling at him. So, I had to just drive off. (A now deceased friend of mine would have stopped and did something, and he had WAY more guts than me!
So, legally that bicyclist was breaking the law (I think), but of course there were no police around. Plus I do not know of any way to report it, and subsequently have something done to that bicyclist. Still frustrates me to this day. Fortunately (and so far), such an incident has happened only once.
-
02-26-22 13:49 #1547Senior Member

Posts: 47Gfe
I'm in the same boat, I've given up mostly on girls in WA. I now get enough GFE and PSE outside the US, and it's never been the same since. I've seen quite a few of the CT girls, and mostly they have been great. I've seen most multiple times too. CarmenNicks, CaseyTyler, CelineBelle (last session was bad I won't see again), CamilaLove, and others have been great. Usually MSOG, DFK, BBBJ, CFS. You can't go wrong but keep in mind they're always busy so you'll be hitting it right after another monger and as soon as you leave there will be another dick waiting in the parking lot. LOL.
Originally Posted by Travelerr
[View Original Post]
-
02-26-22 13:09 #1546Banned Member

Posts: 1358I hope you are correct. But with all the harsh economic sanctions nations are implementing against Russia, and with the Ukraine forces putting up heroic resistance, Putin might get pissed off.
Originally Posted by StreetTroller
[View Original Post]
-
02-26-22 13:06 #1545Senior Member

Posts: 607Latvia, Estonia, and Lithuania are members of NATO and the EU. Among other orgs. Putin won't touch them.
Originally Posted by StreetTroller
[View Original Post]
-
02-26-22 09:53 #1544Senior Member

Posts: 906Depends on the country
In some countries, if a motorist hits a cyclist they automatically lose their driving privileges unless they can prove that the cyclist was extremely reckless.
Originally Posted by AsaMona22
[View Original Post]
I can't get how fragile some people are. So you're saying it is okay to kill or seriously injure someone because they cost you a few minutes time? That is pretty psycho if you ask me.
-
02-26-22 02:15 #1543Senior Member

Posts: 170Indeed!
I like how you think WW99. I too, absolutely effing hate cyclists for hogging lanes and such because they know we can't do anything. In any other countries, they would get ran over! Wouldn't even dare. Fuck them! This thread is starting to come back. Keep it up!
Originally Posted by WalterWhite99
[View Original Post]
-
02-26-22 01:07 #1542Banned Member

Posts: 964RE: Ukraine / Putin
My honest opinion is that he won't use nuclear weapons. I do think that once he has a Putin-friendly regime in Ukraine, which could be any day now, he will attempt to foment dissent in the region and find candidates in each country who support him. I'm not sure of any direct military actions after Ukraine, but definitely destabilization will be part of his game in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. Putin is a disinformation master and so is his machine of people under him.
I'm hoping that Russian citizens begin to take action against Putin from within. Time will tell on that.
Originally Posted by WalterWhite99
[View Original Post]
-
02-25-22 22:15 #1541Banned Member

Posts: 1358I am not spending money at particular stores, because I can find the exact same item at another store for less. Prime example: I recently have got hooked on these tasty chips:
Originally Posted by StreetTroller
[View Original Post]
https://www.amazon.com/Popcorners-19.../dp/B0041HVNZ4
That's a 5 ounce bag (and a ridiculous price! But my comparison is with a 7 ounce bag. At Walmart, it is $3. 48, but at Winco, it is $2. 98. So, of course I am not stupid, and purchase it at Winco. Plus, the Winco store is much closer to me than Walmart.
I can give many, many such examples, some small in prize, some large (like cars and TV sets). I still do some shopping at Walmart, but saving money here and there definitely adds up. It's basic economics, which many, many folks don't understand (or refuse not to understand).
-
02-25-22 21:21 #1540Senior Member

Posts: 67Right on, yeah she was a little quiet but seemed like it was more cautious and she wanted me to open her up.
Originally Posted by LuvTheAzz
[View Original Post]
For me, her being mixed is a plus, mixed girls are my favorite. Can see why the lightened photos might bother some others.
I wanted to mention her because when I saw the ad I came over here immediately for the real scoop and found nothing. Got to help out the next guy.
Since my post I've only recently become aware of this group of hot touring Cali girls that she is a part of. I'm going to be on the lookout from now on.
Everyone's got their kinks, but for me she's hitting high marks on everything at a time when I was basically giving up on GFE with hotties in WA. Hopefully the others in her group do too!











Reply With Quote






