Thread: Rants and Raves
+
Add Report
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 8273
-
02-15-22 08:16 #7073Senior Member

Posts: 683Right there with you brother. I don't get why people on the extremes, left and right, think that their's is the one solution. I've been called a radical socialist by people that have no idea what the term means. I've been called a right wing fascist by people that have no idea what they are talking about. This site is about pussy and having a good time. Of the 6 or so forums that I visit regularly, atlanta is the only one where people are going ape shit. I haven't figured out why.
Originally Posted by RogerOver
[View Original Post]
-
02-14-22 22:56 #7072Senior Member

Posts: 651Uh-huh so if you get HIV or the flesh eating bacteria and don't decided to take any medication but vitamin D and other home remedies you will be completely fine... Something tells me you have NO IDEA what you're talking about.
Originally Posted by TreatHerWell
[View Original Post]
-
02-14-22 20:32 #7071Senior Member

Posts: 475Moron
You need to stop proclaiming your superiority, because you only show your ignorance every time you do. Inflation has outstripped wage growth, which is why the average American household's situation has actually seen a deterioration. I repeat, the wealth divide in the country has never been greater, so if you believe the lowest paid have been making out then you're out of touch with reality. US household debt at an all-time high. Banks are in the the position they're in (which is far from the strongest historically speaking, by the way) thanks to the bailouts provided via the taxpayer dollars and them paying those same taxpayers zero interest on their savings, thanks to this fraudulent Fed who looks out for their Wall Street banker buddies instead of the tax payers. Unemployment numbers are low because of the massive amount of people that have left the workforce and rolled off the unemployment ranks. It's easy to pump up stats in the short term with reckless printing of endless money, but eventually you have to deal with the consequences. I've been critical of monetary policy since long before this administration came to power, though like almost every administration of recent years, they seem to take it as a challenge to escalate it to a new level.
Originally Posted by NewDude
[View Original Post]
-
02-12-22 21:57 #7070Senior Member

Posts: 3424100%
It's all identity politics at this point. I'm unaffiliated, although many in here would call me the radical left since I don't believe all their stupid shit. I've literally had righties tell me that they aren't happy, but any change would mean voting for a democrat and they can't do it. I can't imagine what it's like to be that myopic.
Originally Posted by NewDude
[View Original Post]
-
02-12-22 21:20 #7069Senior Member

Posts: 657They're all idiots
Highest wage growth amongst the lowest paid tier in 50 years. Highest GDP growth in 50 years. Reduction in child poverty, highest US household savings, us household savings is at 2 trillion right now, banks are in the strongest position, unemployment below 4 percent.
Originally Posted by RogerOver
[View Original Post]
It's a cult, they don't like who's in power, so no matter how good things are, their cult forces them to believe it's all bad.
-
02-11-22 09:52 #7068Senior Member

Posts: 475Can't say I disagree with that. My point was that the handling of Covid certainly has not helped the average American, and it has done even less to help those in third world countries in even greater need, who have suffered even far greater consequences as a result of the hysteria and hype and yes, disinformation propagated by the governments and media worldwide. Thankfully, it appears the facade is beginning to crumble and people are just beginning to realize what has taken place, but only after much irrepairable damage has already been done (9/11 aftermath deja vu anyone?).
Originally Posted by RogerOver
[View Original Post]
-
02-11-22 06:13 #7067Senior Member

Posts: 798The V
If you got the vaccine great, if not great. Everyone should do what they feel is best for their body. Remember though to keep your body healthy to fight off any disease. You can take vitamin D, get exercise, walk, get a good nights sleep, get as much garlic, green tea, turmeric, zinc, green juice, fresh vegetables into your system as you can, etc etc. The media fails to tell you the latter.
-
02-10-22 23:38 #7066Senior Member

Posts: 3424You added words to what I wrote. I didn't say I didn't give a shit. I did see plenty of restaurants that managed to get money or make business changes and make it through the pandemic. But unfortunately, I also witnessed plenty of big-box store failures. Businesses have to adapt to the environment. Anyone who creates a company that relies on people showing up because of where they work is in a pickle, whether a pandemic or a significant business failure that kills the visitors that kept them afloat.
Originally Posted by ILuvEmall
[View Original Post]
The GOP has done far more to enable Bezos, Musk, Gates, etc., to create the wealth gap. Not looking to argue about that particular point, because the poor tend to get fucked no matter who's in charge.
-
02-10-22 23:29 #7065Banned Member

Posts: 2410It is a vaccine, just not an effective one against the type virus it is, the varicella-zoster virus (VZV), a type of herpes virus. The same with influenza and SARS, there are vaccines, they just aren't effective against the type viruses they are: Influenza viruses are members of the family Orthomyxoviridae. This family represents enveloped viruses the genome of which consists of segmented negative-sense single-strand RNA (-ssRNA) segments. SARS‑CoV‑2 belongs to the broad family of viruses known as coronaviruses. It is a positive-sense single-stranded RNA (+ssRNA) virus.
Originally Posted by RedneckStud
[View Original Post]
-
02-10-22 21:00 #7064Senior Member

Posts: 475Not just his point.
I would counter and say that the above is just YOUR point and YOUR personal opinion, and is in fact, quite opposite of what the majority of the country has experienced, and that's a fact. While you, and even I, and no doubt the elite that has leveraged this disastrous Covid handling on us to line their pockets, may have prospered over the past couple of years, the average American has only been losing ground, and the wealth divide in this country has never been greater, and that includes the racial income divide as well. Of course, the liberals claim to care so much about the poor, but had no problem using the scandemic to fleece them even further if it means enriching themselves. Just like you not giving a shit about the diner that your neighbor ran, so long as Bezos and Gates got richer it's all good.
Originally Posted by RogerOver
[View Original Post]
-
02-10-22 13:17 #7063Senior Member

Posts: 3424See, that's your point and YOUR personal opinion. My economy isn't destroyed. I'm making more money now than I ever did. I'm good with your decisions for you and your family. I'm not good with people trying to force it on the rest of us. In a lot of ways, the lockdown helped the future economy, since many people have moved on to better, work-from-home jobs that let them spend more time with family, etc. without the time and fuel costs associated with commuting to work.
Originally Posted by SgtLurker
[View Original Post]
Sorry if that hurt the diner that was supporting the lunch crowd, but just like autonomous vehicles will kill off long-haul truck drivers at some point, it's not all bad.
I'm not extending this to other countries that may have suffered much worse during the lockdowns. No idea about that.
-
02-10-22 09:46 #7062Senior Member

Posts: 757So, since you have so much knowledge, is the chicken pox vaccine not a vaccine?
Originally Posted by SgtLurker
[View Original Post]
https://www.cdc.gov/chickenpox/about/symptoms.html#text=Some%20 people%20 who%20 have%20 been, people%20 who%20 are%20 not%20 vaccinated.
-
02-10-22 09:04 #7061Senior Member

Posts: 69Lurker rhymes with Jerker
Coincidence? I think not.
-
02-10-22 08:18 #7060Senior Member

Posts: 1180Dude, you don't get it
Here is my point, very simply written so you can understand. Too many on this board drank the kool-aid and are pushing the Sleepy Joe agenda. The military was too quick to rush to order shots for all members. The travel restrictions will eventually abate once the realize this is now an endemic and not a pandemic. But we totally destroyed an economy, killed jobs, because of overreaction. Read the Johns-Hopkins study that showed the lockdowns had little to no good effect. My only agenda is leave me alone, let adults be adults and make their own decisions about how they and their families chose to live.
Originally Posted by RogerOver
[View Original Post]
-
02-09-22 23:39 #7059Senior Member

Posts: 3424Dude, I think you just don't recognize how anecdotal and non-scientific any of this personal experience is. It doesn't mean everything that hasn't happened to you is bullshit. It also doesn't mean everyone that doesn't listen to you and follow your example are bad people.
Originally Posted by SgtLurker
[View Original Post]
Do whatever you want. Just stop telling everyone else that it's all bullshit because it hasn't happened to you.









Reply With Quote





