Find Your New Baby
Rubrankings.com
Top Escorts
The hottest girls are here
LoveHUB Escorts Directory
Top Tier Escorts
Best Escorts
Top Escorts
The hottest girls are here
LoveHUB Escorts Directory
Top Tier Escorts
Best Escorts
Top Escorts
The hottest girls are here
LoveHUB Escorts Directory
Top Tier Escorts
Best Escorts

Thread: Site Changes and Improvements

+ Add Report
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 213
This blog is moderated by Admin2
  1. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin2  [View Original Post]
    We use a third party payer which is located outside of the USA, we don't store the data in any way. I'm not 100% up on how it happens, nor what this process will be but we do it at the ISG already. You pay, you do something on the page you pay that sends us a message so we know who to tie it to and then we make the change on your account.

    Our strategy on member privacy has always been the same, store no data. If somebody hacked us, it could happen, if Visa got hacked so could we, then they find out that the user "Iluvpussy" has an email of iluvpussy@titties.com or some shit because the only data we store that we get from you is an email address. I think we are using CCBill now.

    No bitcoins, no Paypal either, they cut off our account under their "morals" clause and freezed the money in our account. We are kinda looking into bitcoins though. That might happen.

    A2
    Once upon a time ISG accepted greenbacks sent to a USA address with a user name as payment for subscription. I don't know if that's still the case, but that would be my preferred method to maintain anonymity. I'll drop a Jackson or two in a security envelope and mail it to you; I trust you guys, and if it does get intercepted in transit, well, I'll just have to mail another. Well worth it.

    P.S. I, too, would like to see autocorrect fixed; it's way too aggressive and seriously fucked up.

  2. #32
    Administrator


    Posts: 5251

    Privacy

    We use a third party payer which is located outside of the USA, we don't store the data in any way. I'm not 100% up on how it happens, nor what this process will be but we do it at the ISG already. You pay, you do something on the page you pay that sends us a message so we know who to tie it to and then we make the change on your account.

    Our strategy on member privacy has always been the same, store no data. If somebody hacked us, it could happen, if Visa got hacked so could we, then they find out that the user "Iluvpussy" has an email of iluvpussy@titties.com or some shit because the only data we store that we get from you is an email address. I think we are using CCBill now.

    No bitcoins, no Paypal either, they cut off our account under their "morals" clause and freezed the money in our account. We are kinda looking into bitcoins though. That might happen.

    A2

  3. #31

    Paypal

    Quote Originally Posted by Btia666  [View Original Post]
    I would have no problem at all paying a subscription fee for the site. Hell, the money I've saved by reading some of the posts would likely cover it for years. The only problem / question I have is maintaining my privacy, especially given the nature of the site. How would we be able to pay the subscription fee while still maintaining our privacy? Nobody can guarantee 100% protection of customer data, as so many businesses have found out the hard way.
    I think one of safest and most anonymous ways to pay is thru Paypal. Yes many sites have been compromised and credit card info stolen. But paypal seems to have it pretty secure and they process tons of transfers all the time. By using an external payment site like PayPal, USASG would not need to request or store personal payment data.

    GB40.

  4. #30

    I agree

    I agree. Lets pay.

  5. #29

    Prepaid cards

    Considerate of you to give us a heads up, A2. As long as this place doesn't go the way of NR and turn into something shitty, I'm sure this will continue being my go-to for info. I agree with what some others have said. If payment for membership can be done via prepaid cards or gift cards, that would be great.

  6. #28

    Great idea

    I would love to pay. Also would love to pay for VIP membership.

    20 dollars a month is more than reasonable and VIP membership for 100 dollars is worth it.

    I think VIP membership would mean that you get senior status right of that bat. Also you get a 'mentor' you can email once a month for info on good leads.

    Ok. Maybe my definition of what VIP is a little week. But still.

  7. #27

    Value

    You've got a good product that provides a valuable service. I'll pay the twenty. I'll pay two hundred. I'll send you money just for the fun of it.

  8. #26
    Senior Member


    Posts: 1474
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodson2000  [View Original Post]
    Good point on privacy issue. Like we carefully use hophone for the hobby, we need protection how to pay the membership. I'm sure the admin has some idea about it already.
    I've never actually used them myself but I'm always seeing pre-paid Visa's at the gas station counter.

  9. #25
    Good point on privacy issue. Like we carefully use hophone for the hobby, we need protection how to pay the membership. I'm sure the admin has some idea about it already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheech1  [View Original Post]
    Personally, I enjoy the site, even though my personal views are not always accepted. Be that as it may, the privacy issue is going to be a big problem for some of the guys. Me, I don't give a rat's ass because I'm single and I don't have to answer to anyone, but no guy who does is going to pay for a membership in a traceable way. So you got to figure out a way for those guys to pay for a membership, like say sending a postal money order to a mail drop in B. A. That you can change if it becomes necessary. That would work as long as Argentina is willing to accept American dollars. How long that will be these days I don't know.

    My other suggestion is to set up a thread for each state where lawyers can give advice. Not necessarily about a specific individual's situation, but about the laws specific to that state. Maybe They could have a screen name, but also have given you their real name so that you could somehow verify that they are a real lawyer. I don't know if there is any way that could actually work, but it would be quite a value added feature to have solid legal opinions that one could use to help guide action in a particular state.

    Cheech1.

  10. #24
    Senior Member


    Posts: 1185

    Privacy and a particular suggestion

    Personally, I enjoy the site, even though my personal views are not always accepted. Be that as it may, the privacy issue is going to be a big problem for some of the guys. Me, I don't give a rat's ass because I'm single and I don't have to answer to anyone, but no guy who does is going to pay for a membership in a traceable way. So you got to figure out a way for those guys to pay for a membership, like say sending a postal money order to a mail drop in B. A. That you can change if it becomes necessary. That would work as long as Argentina is willing to accept American dollars. How long that will be these days I don't know.

    My other suggestion is to set up a thread for each state where lawyers can give advice. Not necessarily about a specific individual's situation, but about the laws specific to that state. Maybe They could have a screen name, but also have given you their real name so that you could somehow verify that they are a real lawyer. I don't know if there is any way that could actually work, but it would be quite a value added feature to have solid legal opinions that one could use to help guide action in a particular state.

    Cheech1.
    Last edited by Cheech1; 03-29-16 at 20:56. Reason: autocorrect problem

  11. #23

    Good idea, maybe

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin2  [View Original Post]
    Starting this week the USASG will be bowing to the inevitable and will be starting pop under advertising.

    Yes, we are fully aware that we had something on the banner FAQ that said we would never do that. Considering the pace of business today we think 16 years qualifies as nearly forever. This is not a decision that we made lightly, it's something we have been kicking around for almost a year. At the end of the day we decided to go ahead for two main reasons;

    1. Considering the state of most websites after banners, popunders are about the least intrusive ads you will find.
    2. The money was pretty good. (We really love hookers and for all of us the site is about what we like, but we also like money)

    Money is important. As you guys know we launched the USA Adult Classifieds about a year ago. To say they have been a disappointment thus far would be a bit of an understatement but we haven't given up on the idea. We knew nothing about that business when we started and made some mistakes. Among other things, the script we bought wasn't up to the task, we didn't have the money to promote it. We have been in talks with a development team and one of the things we want to do with the revenue from the new ads is redo that site. We continue to think the idea is a good one and we have a lot of great advertisers there, we want to make it a great site and have a plan to improve it.

    We have wanted to develop subscription level services as well for a long time. Live regional chat, private areas, more robust search, lots of things a lot of you guys have wanted. Again, this takes a lot of money. To start, for those of you that simply hate the ads, we will be offering the ability to anybody to turn them off. That won't be free but it's going to be cheap as hell, just $19.95 a year. Hell some of you guys that have been lurking here for 10 years might want to think about getting a subscription just to help out. We looked at other sites like our that charge subscriptions and it's a shitload more than a buck and a half a month. That link should be available next month.

    For now all that's going to change is once a day you will have to click on the X on another window when you leave, nothing more than that. What that will bring you by years end is a much better USASG. We think it's a fair trade off.

    I'll be checking this thread a lot in the next week or so, so if you have a comment or suggestion, please feel free to leave it.

    Thanks,

    A2
    I would have no problem at all paying a subscription fee for the site. Hell, the money I've saved by reading some of the posts would likely cover it for years. The only problem / question I have is maintaining my privacy, especially given the nature of the site. How would we be able to pay the subscription fee while still maintaining our privacy? Nobody can guarantee 100% protection of customer data, as so many businesses have found out the hard way.

  12. #22

    Thanks for the heads up

    Its good to know that you took the time to announce the changes and give some background info on what and why. It makes it much easier to digest as it just makes sense! Twenty dollars is a small price to pay for the quality info available on this site and the fact that there is a free option allows for an easy choice to be made to either suck it up with the ads or not. Everyone should have twenty bucks to spare especially if your'e in a hobby like this.

    The one improvement I would like to see for the USAAdultClassifieds is to have a better indication of freshly posted ads from the ladies. I have seen ads from touring ladies weeks after they are long gone still seemingly posting everyday except for the title. To strike a good balance I would say that the ad can only be auto cycled 2-3 days in a row in which case it has to be renewed manually.

    Looking forward to further enhancements later down the road. Awesome job thus far!

  13. #21
    I'm going to say thank you first of all for all that you have done for all of us. That includes you and all of the rest of the site administrators. I have been on this site in one form or another for the last 15 years or so and it has saved me countless trouble.

    I like the fact that you're thinking about making these changes but I would suggest something that you may not want to hear or have thought about. Since you're going through all of this trouble you may want to consider just ripping the Band-Aid off and migrating to a website that support HTML5 add a mobile platform. You're exactly right this side is 16 or 17 years old and it's way past the point of needing major upgrades without having to employ massive proprietary or custom script to give it more features. If you moved to this format it would give you a lot more flexibility in the future for offering additional opportunities of Revenue generation. There are quite a few platforms out there that would support making this move. And yes it would take quite a bit of work to get it done but you would not have to do it for a very long time. You're right fifteen sixteen years is an eternity for a platform and you guys know just as well as the rest of us do that it's time for some major upgrades in order to keep up with the Joneses. I really like the idea of a $20 subscription model to get rid of ads. That is of course as long as you accept Bitcoin. So far I have kept my anonymity and I plan on doing so in the future.

  14. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin2  [View Original Post]
    Which do you prefer, more potential clients or being able to yell at guys?

    A2
    Is that a trick question? Just kidding.

  15. #19
    I like the option to pay to get rid of ads, sounds like a fair arrangement. I suggest a five year or lifetime option for premium also, it would be nice to pay once and be done with it. And if you include giving me more message storage that would be great.

    Thank you!

Posting Limitations

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Live Escorts
High Class Companions
Meet Sugar Babies
The Velvet Rooms
Live Escorts
High Class Companions
Meet Sugar Babies
The Velvet Rooms
Live Escorts
High Class Companions
Meet Sugar Babies
The Velvet Rooms

Protected by Copyscape