Find Your New Baby
The Velvet Rooms
Meet Sugar Babies
The hottest girls are here
Top Escorts
LoveHUB Escorts Directory
The Velvet Rooms
Meet Sugar Babies
The hottest girls are here
Top Escorts
LoveHUB Escorts Directory
The Velvet Rooms
Meet Sugar Babies
The hottest girls are here
Top Escorts
LoveHUB Escorts Directory

Thread: General Reports

+ Add Report
Page 42 of 260 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 142 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 3888
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
  1. #3273

    Cliff Notes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGodsDecree  [View Original Post]
    And more inaccuracy and sensationalism to get people angry and get the walk of shame. This is disgusting.

    https://www.bostonglobe.com/2024/01/...s-brothel-case
    Any chance you can give a cliff notes version? No chance I'm giving that rag even a penny.

  2. #3272

    More noise

    And more inaccuracy and sensationalism to get people angry and get the walk of shame. This is disgusting.

    https://www.bostonglobe.com/2024/01/...s-brothel-case

  3. #3271
    Senior Member


    Posts: 2199
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDawson  [View Original Post]
    One juicy detail. The defense attorney who is explicitly arguing that elected officials should have privacy rights previously pled guilty to bribing witnesses. My speculation is a an elected official is one of the 28 and hired the most aggressive criminal defense attorney he could find.
    Damn, I just might know who you're talking about. Can't remember his name though. Is it older light black gentleman with the mustache? At least that's how I remember him from the newspapers. A true legend among criminal lawyers for not holding back. He is the type to take such a case too. Never worked with him but did work with one of his lawyers: Michelle something or other. Aggressive as eff! At some point I began to think that judge would contempt her butt.

  4. #3270
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDawson  [View Original Post]
    The media and John Doe's have until January 31 to respond to the magistrate.

    Will take time for the SJC to rule.

    Last time it took the Cambridge District Court three weeks to schedule the show cause hearings.

    Earliest the hearings. Public or private. Happen is March.

    One juicy detail. The defense attorney who is explicitly arguing that elected officials should have privacy rights previously pled guilty to bribing witnesses. My speculation is a an elected official is one of the 28 and hired the most aggressive criminal defense attorney he could find.
    It does look like it so I'd guess you are onto something. Hopefully for the others sake he's effective and they all can benefit.

  5. #3269
    Quote Originally Posted by Comcast7777  [View Original Post]
    Anyone have a rough timeline when we can expect this all to play out? Are we talking weeks or months?
    The media and John Doe's have until January 31 to respond to the magistrate.

    Will take time for the SJC to rule.

    Last time it took the Cambridge District Court three weeks to schedule the show cause hearings.

    Earliest the hearings. Public or private. Happen is March.

    One juicy detail. The defense attorney who is explicitly arguing that elected officials should have privacy rights previously pled guilty to bribing witnesses. My speculation is a an elected official is one of the 28 and hired the most aggressive criminal defense attorney he could find.

  6. #3268
    Senior Member


    Posts: 1991

    Good article

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion11  [View Original Post]
    The case is back to the Cambridge clerk magistrate to explain why she took certain decisions: https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...GC2EXZTJGZ3UU/.
    So, the Supreme Judicial Court Justice calls out the local magistrate on at least a couple of important privacy-related points. First, the magistrate was inconsistent in declaring a public interest for open hearings yet denying the press access to the complaint documents filed with the court (which contain names of defendants). The magistrate is being asked to explain why privacy prevails in one instance, but not the other.

    Second, the magistrate is being called out for not detailing a factual basis for EACH defendant explaining why privacy protections should not apply. In other words, lumping all defendants together is not acceptable to the higher court. The public vs private calculation is different for each individual and the magistrate failed to take that into account.

    Also, the article mentions that probable cause hearings are presumptively private proceedings. While I'm not a lawyer, it's my understanding this means the presumption of privacy can only be overcome by laying out an argument that has a factual, logical, and legal basis that can be evaluated by the higher court. I haven't read the magistrate's original decision but, whatever reasoning they used, it wasn't good enough for the higher court.

    From reading the article, it seems to me there are two likely outcomes, maybe three:

    1. The magistrate fully answers the higher court's questions, including providing the public vs private justification for EACH individual defendant.

    2. The magistrate reverses the decision and all hearings will be private.

    3. The magistrate (in partnership with LE) selects a few of the higher profile defendants, makes the case as to why their hearings should be public, and the other defendants will have private hearings.

    I'm thinking #2 is most likely, as it's quicker and cleaner. The press won't be happy but the magistrate can simply point to the higher court's queries as to why the presumption of privacy can't be easily overcome.

    #3 is possible, but that could turn into a real mess as any defendant selected for a public hearing will have their attorney file motions demanding to know the criteria, etc. And any such selection would likely be appealed.

    #1, IMO, is dead and buried. From the tone of the SJC's queries, I don't think the magistrate will be able to satisfy them.

    How long things take from here depends on which path is taken. #2 is probably the quickest, but at least the privacy protections will be maintained. But, for any defendant for whom probable cause is found to exist, at that point their names will be made public and they'll be royally screwed. Whether or not they're ever found guilty of anything is irrelevant. They'll be convicted in the court of public opinion.

  7. #3267
    Quote Originally Posted by EireAnn  [View Original Post]
    Hopefully common sense prevails here.

    https://www.wbur.org/news/2024/01/22...h-end-sex-ring
    The case is back to the Cambridge clerk magistrate to explain why she took certain decisions: https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...GC2EXZTJGZ3UU/.

  8. #3266
    Quote Originally Posted by EireAnn  [View Original Post]
    Hopefully common sense prevails here.

    https://www.wbur.org/news/2024/01/22...h-end-sex-ring
    Common sense never prevails here. This isn't about privacy, it's about humiliating these individuals, whether they are guilty or not. The damage will already done if they allow this to be an open hearing. Celebrities now are already on damage control from the BS Epstein list.

  9. #3265

    Timeline

    Anyone have a rough timeline when we can expect this all to play out? Are we talking weeks or months?

    Quote Originally Posted by EireAnn  [View Original Post]
    Hopefully common sense prevails here.

    https://www.wbur.org/news/2024/01/22...h-end-sex-ring

  10. #3264

    Common sense would prevail if the public read more

    Quote Originally Posted by EireAnn  [View Original Post]
    Hopefully common sense prevails here.

    https://www.wbur.org/news/2024/01/22...h-end-sex-ring
    When I checked x.com today, people replying to the tweets about this type of news did not know what they were talking about. People seem to want the names of the Johns at all costs, but they do not understand that not all Johns are VIPs. That's because the press misinforms them, saying that all Johns are ultra-rich and politicians. The public doesn't read all these articles, and they don't understand them either. It is sad as hell. Therefore, common sense must come from the state's highest court.

  11. #3263

    Update

    Hopefully common sense prevails here.

    https://www.wbur.org/news/2024/01/22...h-end-sex-ring

  12. #3262
    Senior Member


    Posts: 1991

    Their BS reason for going after clients

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGodsDecree  [View Original Post]
    I hope the 28 unfortunate people summoned, who are likely not VIPs nor ultra-rich, keep fighting this fight. I understand that people with a security clearance should get fucked. If I were someone with a high-security clearance, I would have been the first to come out and say, "I banged as many as I could, and I sent my DL and an email to get access to Korean pussy. " But I mean, if my name would get out there, I would lose my miserable job, I would not be able to pay my mortgage, my wife would divorce me, and then what? Will that fucking stop the prostitution problem in MA? We all know the answer. I really don't see the point going after us, the suckers. And to be honest, at this point, I give a single fuck if my name is out there. Everyone can suck my fucking dick.

    Now, the media sucks. They just pour gas into the fire because they want more clicks. It is completely disappointing we live in times when they have to do that kind of shit to get money. I lost all respect for those mother fucker. Now I understand those who say, "Don't believe what you read or see in the media..
    Is that, by their reasoning, clients provide the demand which creates the market for the buying and selling of sex. This is BS for (at least) two reasons:

    1. Prostitution is the world's oldest profession and nowhere has it been successfully permanently eradicated. It might be suppressed for awhile, or pushed elsewhere, but it's resilient beyond belief. Whether you target providers, clients, or both, it makes no difference. Hell, they made it a felony in TX, right? Check that state's forum threads to see how that worked out.

    2. Compare the war on prostitution to the war on drugs. The same schizoid enforcement efforts targeting suppliers, and then flip-flopping to users, all failing miserably. Now many jurisdictions are decriminalizing possession of personal use quantities of some drugs.

    Hey, you hypocrites! How about decriminalizing personal use quantities of pussy?

  13. #3261
    Quote Originally Posted by Comcast7777  [View Original Post]
    One question I've had that is separate from this latest news and I'm wondering if someone who has better knowledge of the law can help out. These referrals from the Cambridge PD, do they cover incidents that happened in Watertown too? Meaning let's say LE has evidence of someone being at a Watertown location but not Cambridge, would they be part of this group because it's considered a state charge? Or would action have to be taken by Watertown PD instead of Cambridge? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
    The local PDs do the info gathering but turn the info over to the Attorney General's office and that office does the prosecutions; police info gathered about acts outside of their town can certainly be turned over to state and federal prosecutors. A story in the Globe mentions the involvement of Federal agents in the investigation. And a story from the local CBS station says that "Cambridge police are seeking charges..." So it seems that both state and federal prosecutions are being pursued. The federal charges are pursued in federal court, and the local story mentions that the state charges are being pursued in a state court in Medford.

    At the state level, the town lines don't matter.

    And no this is not "double jeopardy" for both the Commonwealth and the feds to prosecute.

  14. #3260
    Senior Member


    Posts: 2199
    Quote Originally Posted by Comcast7777  [View Original Post]
    Just when you thought you couldn't have any less respect for the media. Basically having access to the hearings wasn't enough for them because it didn't allow them to publicly embarrass people because they wouldn't have all the pertinent information to properly identify them. So the Globe and WBUR jointly petitioned to gain access to the documents that identify the 28 accused so that they could at least have some fun and get some clicks out of other peoples misery. Absolutely shameful.

    One good thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that the clerk magistrate for Cambridge district court was part of the group (along with the defense attorneys) who protested this action by the media and thus sent the issue to the SJC. Maybe the 28 will get a decently fair shake after all.

    One question I've had that is separate from this latest news and I'm wondering if someone who has better knowledge of the law can help out. These referrals from the Cambridge PD, do they cover incidents that happened in Watertown too? Meaning let's say LE has evidence of someone being at a Watertown location but not Cambridge, would they be part of this group because it's considered a state charge? Or would action have to be taken by Watertown PD instead of Cambridge? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
    Not a big surprise to anyone though. Few old timers would remember that there was a big rock-and-roll hit in early 80's on the topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJB4TfET_I8.

    You know 'people love it when you lose' LOL.

  15. #3259

    The whole thing is getting ridicoulous

    I hope the 28 unfortunate people summoned, who are likely not VIPs nor ultra-rich, keep fighting this fight. I understand that people with a security clearance should get fucked. If I were someone with a high-security clearance, I would have been the first to come out and say, "I banged as many as I could, and I sent my DL and an email to get access to Korean pussy. " But I mean, if my name would get out there, I would lose my miserable job, I would not be able to pay my mortgage, my wife would divorce me, and then what? Will that fucking stop the prostitution problem in MA? We all know the answer. I really don't see the point going after us, the suckers. And to be honest, at this point, I give a single fuck if my name is out there. Everyone can suck my fucking dick.

    Now, the media sucks. They just pour gas into the fire because they want more clicks. It is completely disappointing we live in times when they have to do that kind of shit to get money. I lost all respect for those mother fucker. Now I understand those who say, "Don't believe what you read or see in the media. ".

Posting Limitations

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Top Tier Escorts
Live Escorts
The Only Limits are Your Imagination
High Class Companions
Best Escorts
Top Tier Escorts
Live Escorts
The Only Limits are Your Imagination
High Class Companions
Best Escorts
Top Tier Escorts
Live Escorts
The Only Limits are Your Imagination
High Class Companions
Best Escorts

Protected by Copyscape