Thread: News and Media Reports
+
Add Report
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2345
-
05-10-21 11:24 #1355Senior Member

Posts: 475Disagree
Don't believe he'll be fired. How can you be fired when your training officer is on record stating that you acted as per your training? Definitely do agree with you regarding the murder charge- that was insane to begin with.
Originally Posted by RedneckStud
[View Original Post]
-
05-10-21 10:21 #1354Senior Member

Posts: 757They will find another reason. Maybe unnecessary use of force.
Originally Posted by ILuvEmall
[View Original Post]
-
05-10-21 10:04 #1353Senior Member

Posts: 475That is not a fireable offense. Now, maybe they can get him to agree to retire, with retirement pay, but that's not the same as being fired.
Originally Posted by RedneckStud
[View Original Post]
-
05-10-21 10:02 #1352Regular Member

Posts: 105Officer rolfe
Officer Darren Wilson, from the mike Brown incident / Ferguson mo. Was investigated by every agency you could think of. His actions were deemed lawful reasonable and well with in policy yet he was forced to quit and go in hiding. Both him and the guy from Apd acted lawfully and according to their training. I am thrilled both officers went home safely. I am saddened he will no longer be a cop. Getting hired and trained to be a officer is not easy. I read recently 92% of people who applied for APD were screened out because they failed to return background check or failed to compete it. Not screened out for content, but because they were unable to fill out basic form. Between, drug history, credit history, driving history and tattoo policies the pool of candidates were limited. Add now to the environment everyone with a cellphone is a investigative reporter and everything you say or do can be twisted, who would want the job? 12 hour shifts, rotating days / nights. Mandatory overtime. Hostile customer base? No support of city. The Mayor making ridiculous statements not based in facts. No thank you.
-
05-10-21 09:35 #1351Senior Member

Posts: 757Because it will be too dangerous for him to be on the force. I'm pretty sure he's going to beat the murder charge.
Originally Posted by ILuvEmall
[View Original Post]
-
05-10-21 09:32 #1350Senior Member

Posts: 475How do you figure?
He acted according to his training, so I'm not sure on what basis he could be fired. After this incident occurred, they interviewed the head of the training academy that Rolfe and all APD cops go through on TV. This was just after Mayor dumb-Bottoms had fired Rolfe. He basically called out the Mayor and said what she did was wrong, and that Rolfe acted according to the way officers are trained to react, and that if the Mayor has a problem with that, then the training needs to be changed. Any decent Defense attorney can and will use that sound bite, and call that offical as a witness for the Defense to show that Rolfe acted as per his training. No way can he be fired for that. Brooks overpowered Rolfe and his partner (even gave his partner a concussion, I believe), took their weapon and fired it at them. Bottoms effectively gave him a paid vacation, although his life was ruined in the process.
Originally Posted by RedneckStud
[View Original Post]
-
05-10-21 07:56 #1349Senior Member

Posts: 355Kicked out of the Army
I am curious as how and why this guy got kicked out of the Army. It was my experience that you had to work to get separated from the service. It get kicked out for an issue that was non-medical or mental but more criminal in nature your offense had to be serious. The Army always looked at you as a function warm body who can hold a rifle or do a job, and you belong to us. How did this guy go?
Originally Posted by Niteluvr
[View Original Post]
-
05-09-21 22:39 #1348Regular Member

Posts: 105Demographics APD
Atlanta P. D. 58% black. 37 % white.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atla...ice_Department#text=Male%3 A%2082%25,Caucasian%2 F%20 White%3 A%2037%25.
-
05-09-21 22:36 #1347Senior Member

Posts: 1456Danger
Who are we to judge imminent danger, if I had a weapon pointed at me that had the potential to seriously harm or kill me I think I'd feel like I was in imminent danger. I wouldn't want the responsibility of being a police officer, but unless they can prove the officer did not truly believe his life was in danger (and their is no way to prove that) then they have to accept that is how he felt and rule accordingly.
-
05-09-21 22:10 #1346Senior Member

Posts: 1180Monday Morning Quaterbacking??
That is like when one of my soldiers was bitten by a snake and went to the nearest emergency room and the Army did not want to pay saying the snake was not poisonous. My response was, he did not ask the snake! The cop had a split second decision where the violent perp fighting him pointed a firearm at the cop and fired. END OF DISCUSSION!
Originally Posted by Niteluvr
[View Original Post]
-
05-09-21 19:57 #1345Regular Member

Posts: 105Taser
Brooks was intoxicated, combative and armed. He clearly got what he deserved. It will be impossible for any prosecutor to convince that his actions were unreasonable let alone unlawful. The officer rightfully and reasonably feared for his life.
-
05-09-21 19:46 #1344Senior Member

Posts: 447Well fuck. End of that argument.
Originally Posted by Vx333
[View Original Post]
-
05-09-21 19:27 #1343Banned Member

Posts: 13634Rayshard Brooks Shooting
Interesting, but I saw a video where a former police chief viewed the video and said the cop's life wasn't considered to be in imminent danger, so I'm guessing that's the angle that the prosecutor will use. I'm curious to watch the trial to see how it pans out. Certainly not a fan of Brooks as he was a piece of shit, but I also don't believe in allowing cops to go overboard either.
Originally Posted by RedneckStud
[View Original Post]
As an aside, I'm glad that the Atlanta mayor is on her way out. She seemed way too pro Black (racially biased) and harbored a general hatred of white cops. I don't know the demographic makeup of APD officers, but guessing that the majority are white and they probably despised her. Anyone know?
-
05-09-21 16:42 #1342Banned Member

Posts: 1610Really? By who?
Uh, you might want to check with ex-Fulton D. A. Paul Howard about that. To him Taser's were lethal ONLY when the cop was firing it. He certainly didn't consider it lethal when the child beater scumbag Rashard Brooks grabbed it from the cop and fired it at him.
Originally Posted by Vx333
[View Original Post]
-
05-09-21 16:00 #1341Senior Member

Posts: 160Taser's only considered lethal if it's not the cop firing it.
Originally Posted by SgtLurker
[View Original Post]












Reply With Quote




