Rubrankings.com
rubmaps
Live Escorts
The Velvet Rooms
The hottest girls are here
Top Escorts
Top Tier Escorts
High Class Companions
Live Escorts
The Velvet Rooms
The hottest girls are here
Top Escorts
Top Tier Escorts
High Class Companions
Live Escorts
The Velvet Rooms
The hottest girls are here
Top Escorts
Top Tier Escorts
High Class Companions
Enjoy the Experience
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
  1. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Rousse  [View Original Post]
    Even the experts admit that they were wrong
    Sources, please.

  2. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Efurufe  [View Original Post]
    Yes, we prepared for the numbers we'd see if the quarantine didn't work. But it worked so we didn't need the beds. The point here is that the quarantine is WORKING.
    Even the experts admit that they were wrong, that the fatality rate is far lower than estimated outside of a limited subset of the population. It wasn't the quarantine, it was that they were flat out wrong about the seriousness.

    It seems strange that you rely on their initial discredited proclamations while refusing to acknowledge reality, the update facts and their corrections. Some of them haven't self-corrected all the way to the data-proven situation, but all have corrected significantly. Except, apparently, you. Still relying on that whole flat-earth model too, I presume?

  3. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Efurufe  [View Original Post]
    That's like saying "I took an allergy medication this morning so I wouldn't have allergy symptoms all day. But now the day is over and I haven't had any symptoms, so it was totally unnecessary. ".

    Yes, we prepared for the numbers we'd see if the quarantine didn't work. But it worked so we didn't need the beds. The point here is that the quarantine is WORKING.

    And as a scientist you know that when dealing with a brand new virus, the goal posts are going to move. We have no real historical data to make projections except what's happening right now, and there are lots of variables to consider. The key takeaway for me was that we don't want to open up too early, get another spike in cases, and have to start over again. That would be far worse for everyone, including the economy
    The army hospitals were only taking in non-covid patients. Mercy was finally willing to take covid patients at the very end but ships are not designed to take highly contagious patients so that did not happen.

  4. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Rousse  [View Original Post]
    You apparently don't have a science degree. If you did, you'd now several things:
    The quarantines? They were to "flatten the curve" so the hospitals wouldn't be overwhelmed, not to prevent the spread at all. Just to slow it. But hospitals have not been overwhelmed. In fact, the Army hospital at Safeco, 500 beds or so, was closed unused. The USA S. Comfort in NYC, set up as an emergency overflow, similarly left under-utilized.
    That's like saying "I took an allergy medication this morning so I wouldn't have allergy symptoms all day. But now the day is over and I haven't had any symptoms, so it was totally unnecessary. ".

    Yes, we prepared for the numbers we'd see if the quarantine didn't work. But it worked so we didn't need the beds. The point here is that the quarantine is WORKING.

    And as a scientist you know that when dealing with a brand new virus, the goal posts are going to move. We have no real historical data to make projections except what's happening right now, and there are lots of variables to consider. The key takeaway for me was that we don't want to open up too early, get another spike in cases, and have to start over again. That would be far worse for everyone, including the economy.

  5. #50

    Agreed about grumpy mcgrumpypants

    Quote Originally Posted by Efurufe  [View Original Post]
    What is "$x4"? Definitely a new notation for me.

    I read it as $400, or possibly $140 (similar to ' 4'.

    Have to admit that I've never quite understood the reason for these abbreviations. Presumably it's to protect against LE action, but any code that you and I understand, they will too, and certainly a jury would.

    I highly doubt that "I had a dream that I had FS for $$" is much less incriminating than "I paid $200 for sex" (but maybe I'm wrong. Anyone have evidence that this "code" actually protects anyone?
    Remember when this forum was about sex workers and people confusing symbols for numbers? Those were good times.

  6. #49
    Senior Member


    Posts: 1018

    Grumpy

    Some people are grumpy mcgrumpypants.

    Need to put down their sheriff badge and chill out.

  7. #48

    Stop relying on click-bait!

    Quote Originally Posted by MassageMeow  [View Original Post]
    The long term damages that we are seeing so far have been rather alarming. Scarring on organs, including the heart and lungs, neurological damage, not to mention the psychological damages.
    You apparently don't have a science degree. If you did, you'd now several things:

    1. There are no "long term" effects yet. Five months isn't "long term".

    2. The single report that every third-rate media site relied on for that, had no credibility to begin with. Of course, as it gets quoted and the quotes re-quoted, you lose track of the original.

    3. Subsequent to that, due to inquiries, Johns Hopkins, who had nothing to do with the discredited report, released a report on the scarring from COVID-related pneumonia. Which is scary, as is regular pneumonia. But only an absolute idiot would somehow believe (as you seem to) that this would be symptomless. These are the older people with pre-existing co-morbidities who wind up in a morbid state. And yeah, some, if they fail to die, are damage. What a shock!

    4. That mostly applies to 65+ year olds with other issues, such as diabetes, obesity or a reasonably short list of common issues. Those are the people who should be quarantining.

    5. The psychological damage of isolating teens, or of destroying the savings and jobs of individuals, of restricting social contacts, far outweighs the unverified risks you're specifying.

    Lastly, did you forget the initial death estimates? Neil Ferguson (Imperial College) estimated something like over 2 million deaths in the USA Initially. Clearly flat-out wrong. The quarantines? They were to "flatten the curve" so the hospitals wouldn't be overwhelmed, not to prevent the spread at all. Just to slow it. But hospitals have not been overwhelmed. In fact, the Army hospital at Safeco, 500 beds or so, was closed unused. The USA S. Comfort in NYC, set up as an emergency overflow, similarly left under-utilized.

    The curve has been flattened, and the reason we flattened it. To avoid overrunning hospitals. Has been disproven. Stop following the false prophets who keep changing the goal posts.

  8. #47
    Administrator


    Posts: 5255

    And these people

    Quote Originally Posted by MassageMeow  [View Original Post]
    This is such a dangerous thing to get hung up on. The long term damages that we are seeing so far have been rather alarming. Scarring on organs, including the heart and lungs, neurological damage, not to mention the psychological damages. These things have a way of severely affecting the quality of life for people who contract the virus. But because it is not as easily quantifiable, people tend to stick with discussing death only.

    This is a case in which I am in support of being cautious, fuck the economy.

    People over profits, period.
    https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/04/1062292

    It's not about profits, its about the world economy, rich people will be fine. They live in houses their great grandparents built and have enough money in the safe to live for 10 years. It's not about their profits, they know once this is over and nobody has a job anymore their labor costs will be nothing. I could cut my employees salaries in half right now and they would thank me for having a job because nobody else in their families do now.

    Here this one is closer to home it's about Colombian hookers https://www.france24.com/en/20200419...ed-sex-workers.

    Deleted by Admin

    Sorry, this was too far, I apologize, I'm really worried about what's coming here and I went too far.

    A2

  9. #46
    Administrator


    Posts: 5255

    I'm done with you as well

    Quote Originally Posted by WillShookSpear  [View Original Post]
    And this is why you're wrong, and it's the basis of your contention.

    Let's take this apart for a minute. Do young people get Covid? Yes, they do. Do they get sick? Often not. Are they then carriers that can affect others? Yes.

    Exponential growth happens in all of the population, and in fact asymptomatic young people are among the most dangerous carriers as they are least likely to socially distance. This is why your "if you're at risk, stay home", which translates as "if you're not at risk, I. E. Young, this stuff doesn't matter" is patently, completely and dangerously false.

    https://www.citylab.com/equity/2020/...people/608224/

    This is where your focus on point statistics is simply wrong; EVERYONE is at risk. EVERYONE can carry the disease. Exponential growth in cases can affect the ENTIRE population.

    I'm out; we're unlikely to reach an accord and in the end the vast majority of guidance says I'm right. And a small smattering of anecdotal situations here and there prove. Nothing.
    You keep saying the same shit over and over again and NEVER answering the question. Like I said last time, it's because you can't. And you ignore anything you don't want to address like the millions you would condemn to a slow death of starvation.

  10. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by MassageMeow  [View Original Post]
    People over profits, period.
    This is what I'm talking about. People say this, but it clearly has nothing to do with that. Over 1 million people will die in automobile accidents this year. COVID-19 deaths will likely NEVER reach that total number in even 10 years. So why don't you advocate that we stop driving cars? Stay home, save lives, right? Or are you so selfish that you put money and entertainment ahead of human lives? This is a virus that's not nearly as deadly as everyone said it was. My ex-wife is a scientist and I've hung around those people a lot. Yeah, they're smart but they never admit that they're wrong. When things don't go the way that they predicted, it's because everyone else is being stupid. I can tell you a gazillion stories and give you a ton of examples, but it'd bore you. The fact is that I understand why the scientific community is behaving the way they are because I saw it every day for 8 years.

  11. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by MassageMeow  [View Original Post]
    Good to know that in your equally worthless opinion that this is not a thing that can be discussed.
    I thought we were discussing.

  12. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTim76  [View Original Post]
    So stay home and STFU.
    Good to know that in your equally worthless opinion that this is not a thing that can be discussed.

  13. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by MassageMeow  [View Original Post]
    This is such a dangerous thing to get hung up on. The long term damages that we are seeing so far have been rather alarming. Scarring on organs, including the heart and lungs, neurological damage, not to mention the psychological damages. These things have a way of severely affecting the quality of life for people who contract the virus. But because it is not as easily quantifiable, people tend to stick with discussing death only.

    This is a case in which I am in support of being cautious, fuck the economy.

    People over profits, period.
    So stay home and STFU.

  14. #41

    It's not just about the fatalities

    This is such a dangerous thing to get hung up on. The long term damages that we are seeing so far have been rather alarming. Scarring on organs, including the heart and lungs, neurological damage, not to mention the psychological damages. These things have a way of severely affecting the quality of life for people who contract the virus. But because it is not as easily quantifiable, people tend to stick with discussing death only.

    This is a case in which I am in support of being cautious, fuck the economy.

    People over profits, period.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin2  [View Original Post]
    The exponential growth happens IN risk groups, people outside of the risk groups are largely unaffected.
    And this is why you're wrong, and it's the basis of your contention.

    Let's take this apart for a minute. Do young people get Covid? Yes, they do. Do they get sick? Often not. Are they then carriers that can affect others? Yes.

    Exponential growth happens in all of the population, and in fact asymptomatic young people are among the most dangerous carriers as they are least likely to socially distance. This is why your "if you're at risk, stay home", which translates as "if you're not at risk, I. E. Young, this stuff doesn't matter" is patently, completely and dangerously false.

    https://www.citylab.com/equity/2020/...people/608224/

    This is where your focus on point statistics is simply wrong; EVERYONE is at risk. EVERYONE can carry the disease. Exponential growth in cases can affect the ENTIRE population.

    I'm out; we're unlikely to reach an accord and in the end the vast majority of guidance says I'm right. And a small smattering of anecdotal situations here and there prove. Nothing.

Posting Limitations

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
The Only Limits are Your Imagination
Best Escorts
Meet Sugar Babies
LoveHUB Escorts Directory
The Only Limits are Your Imagination
Best Escorts
Meet Sugar Babies
LoveHUB Escorts Directory
The Only Limits are Your Imagination
Best Escorts
Meet Sugar Babies
LoveHUB Escorts Directory

Protected by Copyscape