Thread: VBulletin 4.0.7 comments
+
Add Report
Results 196 to 210 of 222
-
10-07-10 14:12 #27Senior Member

Posts: 1123CJ, I thought I was having a similar problem. I would momentarily see the 'welcome' screen and then be taken back to the login screen.
At first I thought it was Windoze 7, but what I found is I was logged in, but for one reason or another it wasn't showing. Once I clicked on a link and wallah, the new page opened and I was logged in. After that, no problems.
See if that may be your problem.
-
10-07-10 13:12 #26Senior Member

Posts: 5563Trouble logging on?
I am having trouble logging on at my other computers. I am able to log on from my lag top. I am not able to log on from my desk tops.
Another one else having log on issues?
CookyJar
-
10-07-10 11:58 #25Senior Member

Posts: 158Upgrade? Comment.
The photo section is the saddest part of the change.
With this missing it is making tons of people on here up at arms with the whole thing. If it is a limitation of the system, then my personal vote would be to go back to the old system. If it is a cost thing then we as hobbiests should ensure that we are using the advertised banner ads on the site to find our hourly friends to generate ad click revenue for Jackson so he can pay for this site that we love so much.
Again I want to stress that this is a FREE site and we should allbe glad with what we get, but if it is a cost thing then we need to suck it up, and maybe have more money generating banner ads to cover the missing components.
I had some other comments, but I will just say ditto to Permanent Wood.
Originally Posted by Permanent Wood
[View Original Post]
-
10-07-10 10:47 #24Senior Member

Posts: 1031Just wondering if this version of vBulletin doesn't include Photo Gallery functionality, or if the Photo Gallery was disabled to save data bandwidth?
Either way, USAsexGuide is still an awesome forum. Thanks, Jackson, for providing it.
-
10-07-10 10:43 #23Senior Member

Posts: 341Upgrade
It's unanimous.
-
10-07-10 10:38 #22Senior Member

Posts: 900Photo's
Miss the photo section.
-
10-07-10 09:47 #21Senior Member

Posts: 223Quotes are hard to read
The italic font used in quotes is quite hard to read.
Also, light blue for some links needs to be made darker.
-
10-07-10 09:23 #20Senior Member

Posts: 323agreed-this "upgrade" has been an unmitigated disaster
Originally Posted by LordBlackAdder
[View Original Post]
-
10-07-10 08:52 #19Senior Member

Posts: 182I'm finding that threads are being sorted by default with the oldest posts first.
I don't always login when I come to read.
What was wrong with the old software, exactly?
-
10-07-10 08:08 #18Senior Member

Posts: 71Lousy
Wow. Horrible upgrade. Member since 2003 and makes me miss ****. No photo gallery? Epic fail.
-
10-07-10 02:54 #17Awaiting Email Confirmation

Posts: 367Please Return Photo Forum
I greatly enjoyed the photo forum as a quick way to keep up with the photo journalism from national heros like Cookiejar, amd Super Eloquent. NowI have to remember what forum they are in amd thier names. Too much for my tired brain cells. Please, Jackson, let the photos flow together again!
-
10-07-10 02:48 #16Senior Member

Posts: 1267Upgrade?
There's no photo gallery, no chat, and the search function is there but doesn't yield any results to known search terms.
I also agree with the poster about the posts appearing "faint." I compared side-by-side with the International Sex Guide and the difference was considerable.
Side note: Viewing some of the forums with photos, I noticed every once in a while there would be a post with an attached photo that was fully blown up, (no link, no thumbnail, the full-sized photo). I first though maybe the images were being hosted by an image hosting site and now embedded text was being allowed (I think that's what it's called, when you can embed images into a web forum). Checking this, I right clicked and chose view image and it was being hosted right here on the USASexGuide, also I noticed they were older posts, from before the "upgrade." I should have linked to them, if I stumble on them I will update this post.
It appears the posts with a single photo attached display with the photo blown up to full size, any post with 2 or more images per post displays the same as before, as a link.
Also, attached .pdf files used to open for viewing in a new tab, now you have to download the .pdf file to your hard drive and then open the file, not as handy.
-
10-06-10 23:56 #15Senior Member

Posts: 1253Photos
What happened to the photo link. I can find it anywhere. I miss them already.
-
10-06-10 23:37 #14Senior Member

Posts: 69I was unable to get the forum to work at all in the web browser I normally use. Havee had to go back to Netscape 7 to get it to work. Seems to be much harder to navigate. Seems the discussions now start from the earliest message and one has to wade through all the pages to get up to recent ones.
Plus I seem to have become very popular since I now have 65,533 New PMs! Suspect it will take me a long time to read them all.
I may be missing something but was there some problem with the old software that reuired this upgrade? Or is this just one of those instances where change is done for the sake of change and what you wind up with is worse than what we had before?
-
10-06-10 21:37 #13Senior Member

Posts: 1420Finding my posts
I liked to click on me and the board would list my posts. It was nice to rejoin a thread I had posted in to see what transpired. The new system would not do this, at least not the old way by clicking on me at the home page where those on line are listed.
I complained.
Today my posts, all two of them, turned up. Maybe a few more will turn up down the road.
But, about half the time upon logging on and clicking me at home page following by the click of seeing my posts I'm told to wait 60 seconds before performing "another search."
One cannot click on the post number (top right corner) and get the post to open alone on the page so the URL can be copied for further reference.
I think the new board is not really up yet. There are a lot of bugs to work through. And I think we will like the end result. But it will take some getting used to.












Reply With Quote





