Rabbits Webcam

Thread: Boston Sports Chat

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by MeatMan

1986 game 5 ALCS Sox Vs Angels

I remember being a 19-year-old kid at Filene's Electronics on the 5th Floor watching this game. I was praying Dave Henderson to not strikeout. What happened next had me losing my shit. RIP Hendu as well as Donnie Moore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QOyhcIZQzo

Epic Moments in Boston Sports

Not as big or as great, but ones that still give me goosebumps anytime I hear it is Johnny Most yelling "Havlicek steals it. Havlicek stole the ball! It's all over! Johnny Havlicek stole the ball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4fTjcJwImw

The other ones are the 1970 & 72 Bruins Stanley cup wins, when Bobby Orr put the puck in the net & goes flat out like superman flying, just awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVOGbfgcnoo

Quote Originally Posted by MeatMan  [View Original Post]
    Red Sox come back of the Yankees in 2004.

Malcolm Butler's goal-line interception in Superbowl XLIX.

Bruins 4-1 come back of the Maple Leafs / Bruins winning the Stanley Cup on 2011.

Patriots 28-3 comeback in Superbowl 51.

Celtics 3-1 comeback in the 1981 ECF against the Sixers.

Of course, there are a lot more but, what has stuck out for you as a Boston sports fan that will live in your mind forever and you'd tell your grandkids?. Discuss!.

Epic Moments in Boston Sports

Red Sox come back of the Yankees in 2004.

Malcolm Butler's goal-line interception in Superbowl XLIX.

Bruins 4-1 come back of the Maple Leafs / Bruins winning the Stanley Cup on 2011.

Patriots 28-3 comeback in Superbowl 51.

Celtics 3-1 comeback in the 1981 ECF against the Sixers.

Of course, there are a lot more but, what has stuck out for you as a Boston sports fan that will live in your mind forever and you'd tell your grandkids?. Discuss!.

Cams concerns not me

Quote Originally Posted by Sounds  [View Original Post]
    Coming around to thinking this could be a very good thing. Bill has a way of using players strengths so their performance in New England surpasses whatever they could do anywhere else. Hope we are all pleasantly surprised and get a TB vs NE Superbowl!
    I see most of his character concerns come from that he hates losing. Same as corey Dillon. Randy moss. Legarrette blount. And so on I loved how all of them played here hopefully they win cause he is for real. I just don't like when he puts a scarf to hold his hat down but that's just me lets see.

He's an MVP who carried his team to a SB and a former No. 1 pick. Not every QB can be Peyton Manning or John Elway etc. He still may have more to offer if he chooses to. He's still a top 15 QB easily. Never been a big fan of his but now that he's with the Patriots, its a show and prove it deal.
    Coming around to thinking this could be a very good thing. Bill has a way of using players strengths so their performance in New England surpasses whatever they could do anywhere else. Hope we are all pleasantly surprised and get a TB vs NE Superbowl!

6. 07-02-20 14:57

Quote Originally Posted by ArchersTarget  [View Original Post]
    This was a good move but even if he is in top form it won't be enough as our running game sucks and our receivers are just average. He does add a couple of more wins but the team will be short of beating Buffalo and the Ravens. I hope I'm wrong about this.
    He's an MVP who carried his team to a SB and a former No. 1 pick. Not every QB can be Peyton Manning or John Elway etc. He still may have more to offer if he chooses to. He's still a top 15 QB easily. Never been a big fan of his but now that he's with the Patriots, its a show and prove it deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Longjblues  [View Original Post]
    MM, I agree with everything you posted but the reference to character concerns. Definitely health concerns but I don't remember any character concerns with Cam. A bit of a diva at times perhaps, but otherwise always tried to do too much himself rather than relying on teammates.
    Fair point, very fair.

Cam

The Patriots have nothing to lose since they sign Cam Newton. Newton was a former MVP. His peak was really high. If Newton wins the job and returns to form, the Patriots could compete for a championship. If Stidham wins the job, Belichick could cut Cam before the season starts. What does the team have to lose? Nothing. Low risk, high reward gamble. Yes, I know their health / character concerns. But that's why you can get him on a cheap deal. Plus, I hope this lights a fire under Stidham's ass to work even harder. Competition is good!.
    This was a good move but even if he is in top form it won't be enough as our running game sucks and our receivers are just average. He does add a couple of more wins but the team will be short of beating Buffalo and the Ravens. I hope I'm wrong about this.

Cam Newton.

MM, I agree with everything you posted but the reference to character concerns. Definitely health concerns but I don't remember any character concerns with Cam. A bit of a diva at times perhaps, but otherwise always tried to do too much himself rather than relying on teammates.

The Patriots have nothing to lose since they sign Cam Newton. Newton was a former MVP. His peak was really high. If Newton wins the job and returns to form, the Patriots could compete for a championship. If Stidham wins the job, Belichick could cut Cam before the season starts. What does the team have to lose? Nothing. Low risk, high reward gamble. Yes, I know their health / character concerns. But that's why you can get him on a cheap deal. Plus, I hope this lights a fire under Stidham's ass to work even harder. Competition is good!.

Can't argue with your logic Meat.

I did not like the signing either. Who knows how he is going to be after his injuries. I agree with your misgivings.

Would have preferred Kapernick but seems that he is a no no for everyone. Would have been a good FU signing to the rest of the league for the Pats.

Maybe Newton is just there in a backup role and providing some veteran perspective for Jarrett. Certainly would not put it past Bill to do something like that.

I did not like the signing either. Who knows how he is going to be after his injuries. I agree with your misgivings.

Would have preferred Kapernick but seems that he is a no no for everyone. Would have been a good FU signing to the rest of the league for the Pats.

Maybe Newton is just there in a backup role and providing some veteran perspective for Jarrett. Certainly would not put it past Bill to do something like that.
    Hoyer is veteran enough IMHO. We'll see. Let's give Cam a chance. Maybe Bill (maybe with some help from Devin McCourty) would be able to have Cam buy into the team mentality more than Ron Rivera was able to. Bill has the statue and the reputation that Cam's previous coach just didn't have.

As for Kap if you'd want him here it wouldn't be from the football perspective. Remember he was a backup QB on the pretty shitty team by the time he began kneeling. He took the 49s to the SB only couple of years earlier and since then was sliding and sliding rapidly. And now with what 3-4 years out of the game? He'd be like Tebow, a lot of drama and hype and little use on the football field.

Also if you'd read the staff his teammates were saying about Kaepernick in 2014-2015 before he began kneeling in protest at the end of 2016 you'd get very little favorable feedback on his behavior in the locker room. The guy apparently had little or no friends on the team. I remember reading words like aloof, loner, attitude, etc.

Here is an article on Kaepernick from 2015 https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...s-locker-room/.

Now he's a big time symbol for sure but in no way it's due to his play on the football field. By the time he began kneeling he was on the way out of the game already. By that point the 49s would've released him at the end of the season no matter what. When he began kneeling I looked at it primarily as a career lateral.

Kaepernick should do what he set himself up to do IMHO and go into politics. He should be successful there. I'm sure if he speaks he'd get a much larger live audience than Trump did, COVID or no COVID.

Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Nrlmus  [View Original Post]
    I am. I was hoping they either succeed with Jarrett or fall flat on their face and get the next year's first pick.

Plus I personally never liked the guy. Too much of the show off and me me me. This is no Russell Wilson or Tannehill. To me Cam is everything that Tom wasn't. I don't know how Bill would be able to get along with such a flamboyant personality too. And injury prone to boot. I hope I'm wrong on all fronts but me no like.

I just got the news a few minutes ago as my phone ran out of juice. This is pretty good news as Jarrett is not ready. Cam is an MVP and has plenty of football experience. More to come later but, is anyone surprised by this?. Comments?
    I am. I was hoping they either succeed with Jarrett or fall flat on their face and get the next year's first pick.

Plus I personally never liked the guy. Too much of the show off and me me me. This is no Russell Wilson or Tannehill. To me Cam is everything that Tom wasn't. I don't know how Bill would be able to get along with such a flamboyant personality too. And injury prone to boot. I hope I'm wrong on all fronts but me no like.

Cam to the Patriots!

I just got the news a few minutes ago as my phone ran out of juice. This is pretty good news as Jarrett is not ready. Cam is an MVP and has plenty of football experience. More to come later but, is anyone surprised by this?. Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by HumptyHarley  [View Original Post]
    Typical Philadelphia fan, they are all psycho's. He does have quite a set of man tits though LOL.
    I despise The Eagles and Colts. Colts for being a whiny assed organization and the Philadelphia Eagles for being the unwiped asscrack of the NFL. Regarding that video, THAT my fellow monger, was some deep rabbit hole shit!. I'll just stay in my own lane. Again, fuck the Eagles and the Colts and fuck everything they stand for.

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations