PDA

View Full Version : Topic Sort Order

Member #4558
07-07-11, 12:35
Is there a way to change the order that messages are displayed in each topic? I have noticed that ever since the forum pages began to appear in this blue color scheme a few days ago, every time I open a thread, the posts are sorted for oldest to newest. They did not use to appear that way.

I have looked for the setting to control the order the posts are displayed in but have not found anything. Anyone have any ideas?

LookingForLefty
07-22-11, 00:28
Is there a way to change the order that messages are displayed in each topic? I have noticed that ever since the forum pages began to appear in this blue color scheme a few days ago, every time I open a thread, the posts are sorted for oldest to newest. They did not use to appear that way.

I have looked for the setting to control the order the posts are displayed in but have not found anything. Anyone have any ideas?Me too. This sucks. It happens after logging in.

Erotica123
07-23-11, 07:53
Me too. This sucks. It happens after logging in.Yes, I'm having the exact same problem. It began happening to me last week after manually logging out for the first time in months. Now, whenever I'm logged in the sort order is all screwed up.

Beady
07-23-11, 08:12
Me too.

Just got to the USA from the UK and when I changed my time zone went from 'proper order' to' WTF' order.

Must be a way to get back to original settings I had. Doubles or trebles the time doing research which is not a good thing. I'm getting fed up after just two days.

Beady

Member #4558
07-23-11, 08:29
Me too.

Just got to the USA from the UK and when I changed my time zone went from 'proper order' to' WTF' order.

Must be a way to get back to original settings I had. Doubles or trebles the time doing research which is not a good thing. I'm getting fed up after just two days.

BeadyYea, no response from anyone in charge to my requests for help. I'm looking for a new home.

Have noticed one thing though. If you do not "log in" the topics are sorted correctly, newest to oldest, as they should be. If you log in using you account name, the sorting is fuked up, always starting with the oldest. So it is something in the account settings that we obviously can not change ourselves. Either that or it is a bug in this board software.

Tha X Facta
07-23-11, 09:39
Jackson, why is everyting compressed? I mean, people can't write in paragraph form anymore. It comes out in one long continuous paragraph with no separation. This makes for a hard read, especially if someone writes a long post. Now take this post for example; if I wanted to start a new paragraph after this sentence, initially it's fine. But when I post it comes out compressed as one long paragraph as this. This Should be the start of my second paragraph, but as you can see it's condensed into one long rambling post. This makes for a hard read and is heavy on the eyes. If you could get this back to the way it was, it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and one more thing, can we get the original "Smiley Faces" back? It really added more character to the post. Speaking of "Smiley Faces", I couldn't help but notice one of Cookie Jar's posts, where he had to use the "Smiley Faces" to separate his paragraphs. Great idea CJ!
See below:

When others see a StreetWalker, I see opportunity.
:)

Both of these girls have been reviewed numerous times, by StreetSteve, SuperEloquent, Davey, me and others. Singularly, their capabilities are well documented. As a double, they are well matched. Gwen took the lead. Nicole, the submissive, took the throat pounding. Both girls were very cooperative and accommodating.
:p
Gwen is the more active, gets involved on her own. While I was face fucking Nicole, Gwen got real talkative. She moaned as she rubbed Nicole’s bottom, saying, “Suck that fat dick girl, suck it.” And when I reached over to pinch her nipple, she gritted her teeth and said, “You like that don’t ya, you like her sucking your fat dick?”
When it was Gwendolyn turn, Nicole laid back to watch. As I pulled on a condom, Gwen rolled on her back, mish position and lifted her legs. She was playing with her pussy, grinding in the air, moaning softly. She said, “I am so hot. I am ready to cum.” I told her to roll over and hike her ass up high; I wanted to fuck her from behind. I said, “I love ya ass.” I stepped in close behind Gwen, with my dick dangling. I let my dick slap her ass cheeks. Then I let it settle in her crack and grinded up against her butthole. I stepped back and let my dick slide down her butt crack and end up just beneath her pussy. I looked a Nicole and said, “Put it in.” Gwen heard me and thought that I was talking to her, she reached back. I said, “No! Let Nicole put it in.” True to form, following directions, Nicole took hold of my dick and stoked it, making sure that the condom was fully on. Nicole located the entrance to Gwen’s wet pussy and positioned my dick at the opening. Gwen let out a low moan as Nicole and I forced my dick head pass her pussy lips. Nicole moved her hand and I thrust forward until my upper thighs were resting on Gwen’s butt cheeks. I wiggled my dick in deep, grinding up against Gwen’s ass. Gwen’s pussy was slippery wet. I was fucking in and out. Gwen was pounding back, stoke for stoke, moaning and talking dirty. Then Gwen gave Nicole one last instruction. She said, “Play with his balls, they like it when you play with their balls.” I said one word, “Gently.” Nicole leaned over, underneath us and cupped my balls. She seemed startled as I began to shoot loads. She must have felt my balls empting. Gwen pushed back hard as I froze in a forward thrust.
CookyJar

Jackson, we humbly appreciate it if you change this for us. We need a change, and if anyone can do it, we know you can!

Tha X Facta,,,Via DC

Seva Lurker
07-23-11, 16:52
Jackson, why is everyting compressed? I mean, people can't write in paragraph form anymore. It comes out in one long continuous paragraph with no separation. This makes for a hard read, especially if someone writes a long post. Now take this post for example; if I wanted to start a new paragraph after this sentence, initially it's fine. But when I post it comes out compressed as one long paragraph as this. This Should be the start of my second paragraph, but as you can see it's condensed into one long rambling post. This makes for a hard read and is heavy on the eyes. If you could get this back to the way it was, it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and one more thing, can we get the original "Smiley Faces" Back? It really added more character to the post. Speaking of "Smiley Faces", I couldn't help but notice one of Cookie Jar's Posts, where he had to use the "Smiley Faces" to separate his paragraphs. Great idea CJ!

See below:

Jackson, we humbly appreciate it if you change this for us. We need a change, and if anyone can do it, we know you can!

Tha X Facta, Via DCI am wondering if this may not be computer or OS related. I am having (at least so far) no problem with separating paragraphs. I just tested this with a test message (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?370-Add-Test-Messages-Here&p=1242303#post1242303).

Now that message does point out a couple of other concerns I've voiced in the past, like the URL being made it's own line. I forgot to include the issue with smiley faces though. If you enter one from the keyboard (I have NOT tried it any other way) , they are truncated and you have to EDIT the post.

Jackson, please do something about the formatting software. It is really funky.

Thanks.

Tha X Facta
07-23-11, 20:28
I am wondering if this may not be computer or OS related. I am having (at least so far) no problem with separating paragraphs. I just tested this with a.

test message (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?370-Add-Test-Messages-Here&p=1242303#post1242303)

I don't think it's OS related. I saw your test post,

but can can you separate a paragraph with a blank line in-between?

X,,,, Sans the "Smilie Face" that I inserted.

Erotica123
07-23-11, 21:12
Yea, no response from anyone in charge to my requests for help. I'm looking for a new home.

Have noticed one thing though. If you do not "log in" the topics are sorted correctly, newest to oldest, as they should be. If you log in using you account name, the sorting is fuked up, always starting with the oldest. So it is something in the account settings that we obviously can not change ourselves. Either that or it is a bug in this board software.Yes, I was able to confirm on another board running the same software as this board that there is a section under "General Settings" called "Thread Display Options" which allows the user to specify the sort order for the thread. Apparently, on this board, we don't have access to adjust this setting. So, unless the admin goes in and adjusts either our individual user settings or the global default setting, there is nothing we can do. Until that happens, the work around is to just log off whenever you are browsing and log in when you want to post something or check PMs.

Permanent Wood
07-23-11, 21:45
I'm the odd man out, same sort order whether logged in or not. Newest post first (right at top) , like it always used to be when not logged in, and what it used to be by default when logged in -- via settings. There USED to be a setting to change it, it was a pull down menu "Linear - Newest First" and "Linear - Oldest First," GONE now. Also used to be a setting to change how many posts to display per page, I think "40" was the max, again. GONE. Now the default is 40, which was my preference anyway.

Be nice to get some feedback to our feedback.

Member #4558
07-23-11, 22:33
I'm the odd man out, same sort order whether logged in or not. Newest post first (right at top) , like it always used to be when not logged in, and what it used to be by default when logged in. Via settings. There USED to be a setting to change it, it was a pull down menu "Linear. Newest First" and "Linear. Oldest First," GONE now. Also used to be a setting to change how many posts to display per page, I think "40" was the max, again. GONE. Now the default is 40, which was my preference anyway.

Be nice to get some feedback to our feedback.This is no way to operate a discussion board.

Beady
07-24-11, 08:18
Not only do I have to go to last page to view latest postings, now when I want to view photos, I can only get page 1.

If I try to go to last page, which in fairness only shows the oldest photos, or I click on page 2 it still shows page 1.

Starting to think there is some bug in the system. Hope it is not infectious for our computers.

I know it's a free site but that has always been the case since I joined.

There seems to be no response from anyone who could resolve our problems. Does anyone care? I still see postings that have been 'edited' by Admin so they're obviously monitoring postings.

Even if they say they are working at resolving the problem it is better than nothing.

What a shame for what could and should be a wonderful site.

A very frustrated (LOL) Beady

Seva Lurker
07-24-11, 09:08
Not only do I have to go to last page to view latest postings, now when I want to view photos, I can only get page 1.

If I try to go to last page, which in fairness only shows the oldest photos, or I click on page 2 it still shows page 1.

Starting to think there is some bug in the system. Hope it is not infectious for our computers.

I know it's a free site but that has always been the case since I joined.

There seems to be no response from anyone who could resolve our problems. Does anyone care? I still see postings that have been 'edited' by Admin so they're obviously monitoring postings.

Even if they say they are working at resolving the problem it is better than nothing.

What a shame for what could and should be a wonderful site.

A very frustrated (LOL) BeadyBeady, I'm responding to you, but addressing most everyone.

Actually, Jackson does care, but you need to keep a couple of things in mind about him.

1. This is not his primary job. He does this pretty much on the side. AND he runs this board and the international sex guide as well.

2. He has a family to support and consider.

3. There are numerous other issues with running the board he has to deal with on a day to day basis. The first being to review every post submitted by a 'regular member' prior to it showing up.

Jackson has upgraded the software twice in the past year and added the new software for the photo gallery and the thumbnails.

Lastly, the problem with the photo gallery has nothing to do with 'logging in or posting' (the topic of this thread). There is a thread (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?9665-VBulletin-4.0.7-comments) I know he reads where you can bring this issue up, but in getting the URL for the link I see Misfit has already posted the problem.

Member #4558
07-24-11, 10:14
Beady, I'm responding to you, but addressing most everyone.

Actually, Jackson does care, but you need to keep a couple of things in mind about him.

1. This is not his primary job. He does this pretty much on the side. AND he runs this board and the international sex guide as well.

3. There are numerous other issues with running the board he has to deal with on a day to day basis. The first being to review every post submitted by a 'regular member' prior to it showing up.

Jackson has upgraded the software twice in the past year and added the new software for the photo gallery and the thumbnails.

Lastly, the problem with the photo gallery has nothing to do with 'logging in or posting' (the topic of this thread). There is a.

thread (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?9665-VBulletin-4.0.7-comments)

I know he reads where you can bring this issue up, but in getting the URL for the link I see Misfit has already posted the problem.Sorry, your response is crap. I have run a discussion board myself and have been through everything that you mentioned and then some. I had to deal with a major police investigation centered around another site, but I still got dragged into it. I had a real job and my board was "just for fun". I had the problem posters to deal with, messaged to review, etc, etc, etc. But in spite of all of that, I never ignored any of the reader if they had problems such as these. That is what pisses me off. The fact that help has been requested with this sorting issue, not only by me but others as well, and our requests seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

Beady
07-24-11, 10:15
Beady, I'm responding to you, but addressing most everyone.

Lastly, the problem with the photo gallery has nothing to do with 'logging in or posting' (the topic of this thread). There is a.

thread (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?9665-VBulletin-4.0.7-comments)

I know he reads where you can bring this issue up, but in getting the URL for the link I see Misfit has already posted the problem.Thanks for your response Seva Lurker.

As with most relationships and I believe we users have a relationship of sorts with this website, the biggest cause of breakdown is a lack of communication.

I do appreciate the service we are afforded by Jackson, but a simple short post saying that he is aware of the problem and is 'working on' a fix would probably suffice for most, certainly me!

Just my. 02.

BD

Beady
07-24-11, 10:26
Hi all.

Just found out that I can view different pages by clicking on the 'page 1-5266' area and specify a page to view then 'go'. All goes well!

But if I then click to page forward or back, or a page number it will again revert to page 1.

BD

Beady
07-25-11, 13:31
Just to report that all seems to have been put right except the site is a little slow. That could be my server. But hell so much better.

Congratulations ADMIN on a job well done

Beady

Erotica123
07-25-11, 14:37
Just to report that all seems to have been put right except the site is a little slow. That could be my server. But hell so much better.

Congratulations ADMIN on a job well done

BeadyYes, the "Sort Order" issue has been resolved. Many thanks Admin!

Member #4558
07-29-11, 13:58
Yes, the "Sort Order" issue has been resolved. Many thanks Admin!Yea, it's been fixed but the fact that the site is dog ass slow is still a big negative. It takes up to 30 seconds for the page to load sometime. Looks like most of the time is spent waiting for the isgadvertising. Com web site.

Mmorrison
08-18-11, 18:48
I'm still having he same problem with oldest first when I'm logged in. At first I asked for help via the "Contact Us" link and a day or two later it was fixed. Then I changed something in my settings and it's back to oldest first. So I think that's the trigger. Tried the "Contact Us" link again and no reply after a few days. The stickler for me on this is when I'm logged in I can easily access my subscribed treads rather than having to mutiple click through to find them when not logged in.

With all due respect to Jackson, why can all viewing customizations (sort order, # of posts) be enabled under each users settings like other forums?

Beady
09-05-11, 11:43
Same problem as before! Just returned to the UK, change the time zone and all forum posts are oldest first WTF!

Photos are in the newest first order, but there is also a facility to specify post order on that 'forum', why can't we have the same facility on all other forums?

Beady

Beady
09-07-11, 13:43
Well I've just logged on and find all is back to normal. All forums read in what I would call a preferred order, that is most recent first!

Beginning to think that when you change your local time, it messes up the system and you have to wait around 3 days for it to be put right.

Anyway if it's down to ADMIN, please accept my thanks. If it's a glitch in the system, perhaps Jackson could look when he has a spare moment or twenty.

Beady

GadgetJim
04-16-12, 00:12
I have never been able to read these forums with the oldest posts first as any normal forum has them. I have to start on page 2 and scroll to the bottom then up to see where the last post I read is located.

Completely backwards.

I don't see any option to change the sort order.

RubMeToo
04-16-12, 09:45
I have never been able to read these forums with the oldest posts first as any normal forum has them. I have to start on page 2 and scroll to the bottom then up to see where the last post I read is located.

Completely backwards.

I don't see any option to change the sort order.I prefer it this way myself. I don't see any reason to have to go back many pages to see the latest post. Just my opinion.

GadgetJim
04-19-12, 22:16
Its backwards from any forum I have ever been on.

Having to go to the bottom of the page and scroll up to find the last post you have read is normal? You can click on the last page

Just as easy as clicking on the first. Either way you are at the top of the page. But the way it is you then have to scroll down to find where you left off.

Is there an option to change from newest first to oldest first?

I prefer it this way myself. I don't see any reason to have to go back many pages to see the latest post. Just my opinion.