PDA

View Full Version : Buh-bye backpage?

Donalds
10-19-10, 09:15
WHAT THE HELL?

I clicked on one of the adult sections and saw this:

Under Review.

This category has been temporarily placed under review. We are currently working hard to improve the category's safety and security for our users and plan to re-open it as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Ventura. Backpage. Com

Alxm1
10-20-10, 21:37
WHAT THE HELL?

I clicked on one of the adult sections and saw this:

Under Review.

This category has been temporarily placed under review. We are currently working hard to improve the category's safety and security for our users and plan to re-open it as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Ventura. Backpage. ComAhh man! Heck no please. Its back right now. Some of the other explicit categories are also showing Under Review. Looks like the CL killers have a harder aim now on BP.

Donalds
10-21-10, 11:35
Well let's see how long it lasts.

Joe Blackdaddy
10-26-10, 23:04
I tell you a guy can't have any fun now a days. Sucks!

Davidm007
04-07-11, 20:47
Hearing that from some of ATF. What site are they going to kill next? What are they doing? Checking out the view and when they find themselves enjoying the site, it must go.

WannaPlay0807
03-27-12, 19:54
Just saw a online petition at change. Org for a takedown request of backpage erotic section.

They were going for 200k signatures and already at 180k.

Doesn't look too good.

OldBill
03-27-12, 23:47
And 200K signatures mean what to Village Voice? Village Voice makes tons of money on BackPage and the adult ads in their newsmags.

Doubt it will amount to anything except generate more hits to the website (free advertising if the newspapers pick up on it.)

Just saw a online petition at change. Org for a takedown request of backpage erotic section.

They were going for 200k signatures and already at 180k.

Doesn't look too good.

WannaPlay0807
03-28-12, 01:04
True. I hope it is just a 'drop in the bucket' in terms of public outcry.

Report said VV makes $22M a year just from Adult section.

And 200K signatures mean what to Village Voice? Village Voice makes tons of money on BackPage and the adult ads in their newsmags.

Doubt it will amount to anything except generate more hits to the website (free advertising if the newspapers pick up on it.)

Mphelper909
04-01-12, 11:46
I like to use a small site because they are easier to manage.

Backpage is far to large to manage effectively.

http://www.socalinsiders.com

Christophe1
04-01-12, 14:43
I like to use a small site because they are easier to manage.

Backpage is far to large to manage effectively.

http://www.socalinsiders.comI like that site but doesn't get enough advertisers. Redbook is good too.

Hugga Bugga
04-01-12, 15:30
Seeing news on this, hopefully BP won't cave. They have a great App and divide ads effectively by region & type, and they are quick to review especially on the App, much better than RB or any other. The only thing that would make it better is more rigid formatting with ability to link to reviews. To protect the girls and users an offshore business would be better. And there should be a way to connect with your reputations you've developed. One need not reveal identity to prove you're copacetic, just takes time and community. If there are trust factors built in and policing for trolls and bacon you'd have the killer system.

TommyOhio
11-19-13, 03:06
What Are some good other sites Message me please.

TommyOhio
11-19-13, 03:07
I like that site but doesn't get enough advertisers. Redbook is good too.Anyone know of other SItes.