PDA

View Full Version : VBulletin 4.0.7 comments

Seva Lurker
10-06-10, 07:20
Jackson,

The update to the vBulletin 4.0.7 software seems to have really helped with the forum speed. Thanks for the upgrade.

However as with any change, there is going to be a learning curve for us all. Here is just a quick list of things I've noticed missing that were handy features. Hopefully you'll be putting some of these back.

1. A link to the photo gallery. Or some instructions on how to set up one's personal album to get them. Though I am not sure that would be the same. The photo gallery was one of the best changes you made to the board when you did it several years ago. I know I miss it and I am sure others do too.

2. I did find the 'new reports' under the 'forum' but I haven't tried it yet as I was typing this message. (Folks the link to PMs is there too. This may also be what the "What's New? " link is for, but if it isn't then if possible I think it would be nicer to have that on the top menu line.

3. The number 'new postings' since one last logged on, up to what ever limit for new posts you've imposed. (see the comment below)

4. This is the least important is the information on the when the last time you logged on to the forum was. I used that on days when there were over 200 postings between the time I previously logged in and the current time. Helped me to see how many postings I may have missed.

Some of these may be things one can set for themselves as we get used to the feature set.

Holli5954
10-06-10, 08:07
Hi, I also think a link to the new reports and photos would be a great idea.

Thanks,

Holli5954

Gigabyte40
10-06-10, 09:32
On the "Forum" main page, I find the blue on blue hard to read.

The background is dark blue and the lettering is light blue.

Are the colors something I can tweek on my end to make it more readable?

Seems like white letters on blue would be standard and more readable.

Just an observation.

GB40

Gigabyte40
10-06-10, 09:34
On the "Forum" main page, I find the blue on blue hard to read.

The background is dark blue and the lettering is light blue.

Are the colors something I can tweek on my end to make it more readable?

Seems like white letters on blue would be standard and more readable.

Just an observation.

GB40Well now I take that back. The colors are reversed now with dark blue lettering. But I swear I saw a forums listing where the background was dark and making it hard to read. I'll keep checking until I see it again.

Gigabyte40
10-06-10, 09:40
OK the color problem appears here:

Forum: States & Cities, below that is a list of sub-forums where blue on blue is hard to read. Check it out.

Princeton73
10-06-10, 10:38
When I click on the link "All the forums" I get the following:

""1. Your membership may not be activated.

Please click the activation link in the email you were sent, or click here to resend the activation email.

You cannot post reports, send private messages, or view the photographs until you activate your membership by email.

2. Your membership may not have the correct privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or access administrative features?

3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account.""

I am logged in-I have been a member for years-I have NO email message to activate my account.

WTF is going on?

Permanent Wood
10-06-10, 11:05
Me too. That link doesn't appear to be working. I didn't have an activation email either.

If I click on "Forum" from the top header (next to Homepage), then that works.

Princeton73
10-06-10, 11:12
Me too. That link doesn't appear to be working. I didn't have an activation email either.

If I click on "Forum" from the top header (next to Homepage, then that works. thanks-that works

Seva Lurker
10-06-10, 15:49
I am also noticing that some posts in the new posts list have a white background for at least part of the row they are in. What does this mean?

Actually I think I may have figured that one out. Those are threads that have been posted to more than once since the previous logon, but a verification would be nice.

I just checked the 'all forums' access and to me that is a bug of this version of vBulletin. I belong to another forum that uses this version and every time I log on I get the same general message. It tells me I don't have access rights to the HOME page.

Bubba261
10-06-10, 19:05
Is it possible for users to adjust the colors? This new scheme looks too faint, I'd like to make the font darker or the background lighter. As it is now it's difficult to read for us older guys!

Thanks.

Getnati
10-06-10, 21:08
Chat, Photo Gallery, color scheme change? I find it hard to access my local threads as well. There are a lot more complaints but I'll start with those. So far I'm going with "FAIL". No offense Jackson, but this just sucks.

Ignore my rant. I just need to get used to it.

Thenocturnal
10-06-10, 21:11
Is it possible for users to adjust the colors? This new scheme looks too faint, I'd like to make the font darker or the background lighter. As it is now it's difficult to read for us older guys!

Thanks. Yes. Please fix the color scheme. Current blue-on-blue is unreadable.

Golfcart
10-06-10, 21:37
I liked to click on me and the board would list my posts. It was nice to rejoin a thread I had posted in to see what transpired. The new system would not do this, at least not the old way by clicking on me at the home page where those on line are listed.

I complained.

Today my posts, all two of them, turned up. Maybe a few more will turn up down the road.

But, about half the time upon logging on and clicking me at home page following by the click of seeing my posts I'm told to wait 60 seconds before performing "another search."

One cannot click on the post number (top right corner) and get the post to open alone on the page so the URL can be copied for further reference.

I think the new board is not really up yet. There are a lot of bugs to work through. And I think we will like the end result. But it will take some getting used to.

LordBlackAdder
10-06-10, 23:37
I was unable to get the forum to work at all in the web browser I normally use. Havee had to go back to Netscape 7 to get it to work. Seems to be much harder to navigate. Seems the discussions now start from the earliest message and one has to wade through all the pages to get up to recent ones.

Plus I seem to have become very popular since I now have 65,533 New PMs! Suspect it will take me a long time to read them all.

I may be missing something but was there some problem with the old software that reuired this upgrade? Or is this just one of those instances where change is done for the sake of change and what you wind up with is worse than what we had before?

Rito1
10-06-10, 23:56
What happened to the photo link. I can find it anywhere. I miss them already.

Permanent Wood
10-07-10, 02:48
There's no photo gallery, no chat, and the search function is there but doesn't yield any results to known search terms.

I also agree with the poster about the posts appearing "faint." I compared side-by-side with the International Sex Guide and the difference was considerable.

Side note: Viewing some of the forums with photos, I noticed every once in a while there would be a post with an attached photo that was fully blown up, (no link, no thumbnail, the full-sized photo). I first though maybe the images were being hosted by an image hosting site and now embedded text was being allowed (I think that's what it's called, when you can embed images into a web forum). Checking this, I right clicked and chose view image and it was being hosted right here on the USASexGuide, also I noticed they were older posts, from before the "upgrade." I should have linked to them, if I stumble on them I will update this post.

It appears the posts with a single photo attached display with the photo blown up to full size, any post with 2 or more images per post displays the same as before, as a link.

Also, attached .pdf files used to open for viewing in a new tab, now you have to download the .pdf file to your hard drive and then open the file, not as handy.

Bird of Prey
10-07-10, 02:54
I greatly enjoyed the photo forum as a quick way to keep up with the photo journalism from national heros like Cookiejar, amd Super Eloquent. NowI have to remember what forum they are in amd thier names. Too much for my tired brain cells. Please, Jackson, let the photos flow together again!

Samo38
10-07-10, 08:08
Wow. Horrible upgrade. Member since 2003 and makes me miss ****. No photo gallery? Epic fail.

Jasper123
10-07-10, 08:52
I'm finding that threads are being sorted by default with the oldest posts first.

I don't always login when I come to read.

What was wrong with the old software, exactly?

Princeton73
10-07-10, 09:23

I may be missing something but was there some problem with the old software that reuired this upgrade? Or is this just one of those instances where change is done for the sake of change and what you wind up with is worse than what we had before? agreed-this "upgrade" has been an unmitigated disaster

Victorth
10-07-10, 09:47
The italic font used in quotes is quite hard to read.

Also, light blue for some links needs to be made darker.

Best Bet
10-07-10, 10:38
Miss the photo section.

Member #4302
10-07-10, 10:43
It's unanimous.

Rosco2
10-07-10, 10:47
Just wondering if this version of vBulletin doesn't include Photo Gallery functionality, or if the Photo Gallery was disabled to save data bandwidth?

Either way, USAsexGuide is still an awesome forum. Thanks, Jackson, for providing it.

Nick Name Dan
10-07-10, 11:58
The photo section is the saddest part of the change.

With this missing it is making tons of people on here up at arms with the whole thing. If it is a limitation of the system, then my personal vote would be to go back to the old system. If it is a cost thing then we as hobbiests should ensure that we are using the advertised banner ads on the site to find our hourly friends to generate ad click revenue for Jackson so he can pay for this site that we love so much.

Again I want to stress that this is a FREE site and we should allbe glad with what we get, but if it is a cost thing then we need to suck it up, and maybe have more money generating banner ads to cover the missing components.

I had some other comments, but I will just say ditto to Permanent Wood.

There's no photo gallery, no chat, and the search function is there but doesn't yield any results to known search terms.

I also agree with the poster about the posts appearing "faint. " I compared side-by-side with the International Sex Guide and the difference was considerable.

Side note: Viewing some of the forums with photos, I noticed every once in a while there would be a post with an attached photo that was fully blown up, (no link, no thumbnail, the full-sized photo. I first though maybe the images were being hosted by an image hosting site and now embedded text was being allowed (I think that's what it's called, when you can embed images into a web forum. Checking this, I right clicked and chose view image and it was being hosted right here on the USASexGuide, also I noticed they were older posts, from before the "upgrade. " I should have linked to them, if I stumble on them I will update this post.

It appears the posts with a single photo attached display with the photo blown up to full size, any post with 2 or more images per post displays the same as before, as a link.

Also, attached. Pdf files used to open for viewing in a new tab, now you have to download the. Pdf file to your hard drive and then open the file, not as handy.

CookyJar
10-07-10, 13:12
I am having trouble logging on at my other computers. I am able to log on from my lag top. I am not able to log on from my desk tops.

Another one else having log on issues?

CookyJar

Seva Lurker
10-07-10, 14:12
CJ, I thought I was having a similar problem. I would momentarily see the 'welcome' screen and then be taken back to the login screen.

At first I thought it was Windoze 7, but what I found is I was logged in, but for one reason or another it wasn't showing. Once I clicked on a link and wallah, the new page opened and I was logged in. After that, no problems.

See if that may be your problem.

Seva Lurker
10-07-10, 14:22
Here's a link to the 'features' of the latest vBulletin software.

http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php? Do=features.

What I am hoping is that Jackson is working at putting some of the old functionality back in. I figure it was a trade off on time to do the upgrade and time to put all the bells and whistles back in.

Photo albums is one of the features shown. I'd like to think that means 'photo gallery' as well.

Runner16
10-07-10, 14:58
Missing the photo gallery! Please bring it back.

Air Cooled
10-07-10, 20:52
The photo section is the saddest part of the change.ˆˆˆ This.

Ahh, progress. I hate to knock a great site, but the lack of a comprehensive photo section is a definite minus.

AC

A John
10-07-10, 21:37
Same here SL I like the new site as well but do hope we`ll get a BELL or a WHISTLE put back in. .

CJ, I thought I was having a similar problem. I would momentarily see the 'welcome' screen and then be taken back to the login screen.

At first I thought it was Windoze 7, but what I found is I was logged in, but for one reason or another it wasn't showing. Once I clicked on a link and wallah, the new page opened and I was logged in. After that, no problems.

See if that may be your problem.

Golfcart
10-07-10, 22:02
ˆˆˆ This.

Ahh, progress. I hate to knock a great site, but the lack of a comprehensive photo section is a definite minus.

ACI agree, we need a photo section. But we don't need the photo section we had, which was basically getting waterboarded by 20 pics of one heroin addict after another. The thing just got out of hand.

Member #4271
10-07-10, 23:26
When I click on the link for "All the forums" I am asked to login. I then login and it directs me back to http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/forums.php. That page shows me a message that I am unable to view the page because of permissions. If I remove the "s" from the URL and make it http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/forum.php the page loads fine.

Point of this post seems to be that you need to change the link in the sidebar so that it points to the non-plural URL which seems to work.

Red Hunter
10-07-10, 23:28
I receive the following message if click the all Forums link from the Homepage:

$bbuserinfo[username], you do not have permission to view this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your membership may not be activated.

Please click the activation link in the email you were sent, or click here to resend the activation email.

You cannot post reports, send private messages, or view the photographs until you activate your membership by email.

Your membership may not have the correct privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or access administrative features?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account.

Log Out Home

I able to acces all the forums once I'm on a link, and I can access my PM's and Post. Is anyone else experience this problem.

Gonzo7
10-08-10, 00:37
I think it would be a good ideal to have the date that picture was posted or taken with that particular picture.

Timkidding
10-08-10, 05:33
ˆˆˆ This.

ACI couldn't agree any more. Jackson please bring the photo section back!

Member1115
10-08-10, 05:59
How about an iPhone app for when on the go? I believe another site has one, so let's not fall behind. I like this community 1000x's better. So we have to stay on top of the techie / trendy game too.

Thanks! .

Giani
10-08-10, 06:46
[Originally posted on my home city forum, then found this thread, so I am reposting. ]

The first thing was a request to be "friends. " Hmmm. This hobby is not exactly open to wide-ranging social networking beyond the exchange of posts. It is surprising to me that Jackson is going the "facebook" route. My conservative self (not much there, I admit), urges go slow on this one. If Jackson explained the new feature, I missed it. An explanation might have made me less apprehensive. Still, my suggestion is to make face to face and increasingly personal contacts with other mongers only with VERY strictly limited conditions.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PHOTOGALLERY? This has been one of my favorite features. Perhaps more poking around will turn it up, but I have not been able to find it after the changes at USASG. No way would I ever want to exchange Photogallery for a facebook style "Friends" gimmick.

The new look? I'll get used to it, but (again-the old fashioned curmudgeon in me) asks why fix something that was not broken. I am willing to be convinced, like, what are the advantages of the new look? Are there other new features (beyond establishment of "friends") which Jackson wanted to offer? Are they of significant value, or are there concerns, like: Do we really want the world to know that we are on line on a monger's forum at the present moment?

Mind you, I am still grateful for this board, and am still a happy member (especially because it may help MY member to be happy), but sometimes increased features bring increased complexity, and increased vulnerability to probing by LE.

Just wondering.

Seva Lurker
10-08-10, 07:19
I receive the following message if click the all Forums link from the Homepage:

$bbuserinfo[username], you do not have permission to view this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your membership may not be activated.

Your membership may not have the correct privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or access administrative features?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account.

Log Out Home

I able to acces all the forums once I'm on a link, and I can access my PM's and Post. Is anyone else experience this problem. RH, not to be nasty, but did you read the following posts?

Posted by Princeton73 (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?9665-VBulletin-4.0.7-comments&p=1073347&viewfull=1#post1073347)

Posted by Seva Lurker (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?9665-VBulletin-4.0.7-comments&p=1073545&viewfull=1#post1073545)

As I stated, this seems to be a 'bug' in this version of the software. I've had it happen to me on other sites running this version.

Jasper123
10-08-10, 09:28
Did some googling and webmasters seem to agree that vBulletin 4.0 sucks balls in general. Maybe "downgrade" to ver.3.8.5?

Sabor
10-08-10, 10:32
What happened to the photo link. I can find it anywhere. I miss them already.I do too! There's going to be some bugs as is with all new things but still got to thank Jackson for the board!

Permanent Wood
10-08-10, 10:37
Isn't quoted text in a box and having it italicized redundant?

In a quote box was good, now being it's italicized too makes it just dog-on hard to read.

Red Hunter
10-08-10, 12:31
RH, not to be nasty, but did you read the following posts?

Posted by Princeton73 (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?9665-VBulletin-4.0.7-comments&p=1073347&viewfull=1#post1073347)

Posted by Seva Lurker (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?9665-VBulletin-4.0.7-comments&p=1073545&viewfull=1#post1073545)

As I stated, this seems to be a 'bug' in this version of the software. I've had it happen to me on other sites running this version. LH,

Thanks for the links! I guess I was drunker than I thought last night because I RTFF first, but I only saw one page without the links to the prevous pages of posts. If I was sober I would have relized there was no thread starter and looked harder for the link that is so clear at the top and bottom of the page today.

Memphis Costa
10-08-10, 16:43
Please have threads sorted by new to old.

St Stephen
10-08-10, 19:34
My favorite feature. Pleaseeeeeee bring it back.

Hebe Joe
10-08-10, 19:52
Thank you for all that you do to provide this website. Great Work!

Amp Guide
10-08-10, 20:52
Love that you are bring back the photo albums. We also could use a place since CL took off Adult ads. Oh well.

Main things is when you click on the reports section. It goes back to the beginning of the reports. Like 5 years ago. When the forum was started. Any way you can change the default to the most current date. Hope this makes since.

You are a wonderful person for doing this site. When things change and people complain. Just mean they love the site and use it alot.

Have a great day

BigBubbaBobby
10-08-10, 23:42
Hey Jackson!

I was one (of many) whining about the new format. I just have to say that most of it was because it was sudden and unexpected. It seemed like, maybe, a software update had gone awry as everything seemed to default to 2008. So, please forgive the panic of me and others! Certainly appreciate all you do for us sir!

Bobby

Red Hunter
10-09-10, 00:11
I would like to start by thanking you Jackon. I think when all the bugs are worked out the new site is going to be a great improvement.

I was off today and was able to spend more than 10 minutes on the site for the first time, since the uppgrade. I've noticed a few quirks / bugs.

1. About 10% of the time when I go to the home page there is no post listed. Refreshing the page resolves the issue.

2. About 2% of the time when I go to a thread it shows only one page of post with no links to prior post. This one was glaring when I went the Baltimore SW thread and there was only 20 post with no prevous post available. A refresh also resolved the issue.

3. The users post counter is not updating when a user adds a new post.

4. If you click on a users profile and view there prevous post not all post are available. Ex. I went to Seva Lurker profile after he responded to my post last night and it show only his post since the upgrade and those before 11/28/07.

Bill Ho
10-09-10, 07:32
But changes will happen, like it or not. I suppose I will get used to it.

The color is bothering me. Maybe it is easy for the young folks to see the two shades of "light Cyan", but I have a hell of a time seeing which post os new (darker shade.

Also, I miss seeing if I had a PM when I looked for new posts. Now I have to click on the "Private Message" button. The old version showed "0 unread" or whatever.

Maybe there will be a new skin avalable? In tyhe meantime, I'll just struggle along, dreaming of the "good old times".

Bill Ho

Roy
10-09-10, 09:53
Thanks for all your hard work Jackson. It always takes a little while to get the bugs out when a change is made.

Crazy Jim Wood
10-09-10, 10:16
My favorite feature. Pleaseeeeeee bring it back.Please! Bring it back. It would be great if there was a feature to screen out fugglies but otherwise it was perfect the way it was.

Crazy Jim Wood
10-09-10, 10:16
But changes will happen, like it or not. I suppose I will get used to it.

The color is bothering me. Maybe it is easy for the young folks to see the two shades of "light Cyan", but I have a hell of a time seeing which post os new (darker shade.

Also, I miss seeing if I had a PM when I looked for new posts. Now I have to click on the "Private Message" button. The old version showed "0 unread" or whatever.

Maybe there will be a new skin avalable? In tyhe meantime, I'll just struggle along, dreaming of the "good old times".

Bill HoUs young (er) guys also have trouble with the colors. Color schemes in the old format were so much easier to read.

Teabag X
10-09-10, 16:34
Jackson, normally I'm behind you on almost everything you do for this site. Not this time. If I wanted to be an ISG member, I would be an ISG member. USA had a much better format until you did this BS.

If you REALLY want to improve this site, put it back the way it was. We all miss our photo gallery among other things.

Do us a HUGE favor and PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!

Just my.02 and I hope you guys back me up.

Poi Dog
10-09-10, 16:48
Got a new password and everything, but cannot go to all the forums when clicking on the leftside button. Grrrr! Keeps giving me a message that I'm not authorized to go there?

Help Jackson!

Jannisary
10-09-10, 17:00
Try deleting all your cookies and browser cache.

I had trouble with it not showing me logged in on the main page but I would be logged in on the forums. I cleared the cookies and browser cache and then started using the complete address. www.usasexguide.info instead of just usasexguide.info and the problem cleared up.

Got a new password and everything, but cannot go to all the forums when clicking on the leftside button. Grrrr! Keeps giving me a message that I'm not authorized to go there?

Help Jackson!

Zauber
10-09-10, 17:09
Yea, this is like the time I went to my favorite restaurant and they gave me a free steak and it wasn't cooked just the way I wanted so I sent my free steak back and bitched to the cook about my free steak.

Fourty Caliber
10-09-10, 18:11
Honestly, I haven't see any functional improvements over the past format. Everything looks different. I just clicked on a "submit report" link and got a message that I'm not registered, even though I am and logged on. I guess if going for a different look was the game plan, then that succeeded. On the forum homepage, I see an entire section for Craigslist reviews still, that are pretty much all mute now. I'm not sure if that is doing any good anymore. Other than that, it will probably take some time to get used to the new look and any actual new features that pop up that I haven't noticed yet. I have read a lot of posts with people complaining about features that are no longer available, like the photo gallery and chat.

All in all, I guess it's OK. It's good that someone is taking the time to have a forum like this and keep it going.

Member #4157
10-09-10, 19:31
Thanks for all the hard work Jackson.

Horsetrader
10-09-10, 19:31
Try deleting all your cookies and browser cache.

I had trouble with it not showing me logged in on the main page but I would be logged in on the forums. I cleared the cookies and browser cache and then started using the complete address. www.usasexguide.info instead of just usasexguide. Info and the problem cleared up. I don't need to use the complete address, the site is found the same as in the past. Just usasexguide.info works for me.

It seems OK to delete cookies and history before or after using the site, but not while logged in.

It took me a while to figure this out, but the only quirk I have noticed is that I need to check the "Remember Me? " box when I log in; otherwise it forgets me as soon as I log in. And I can't access anything under "All the Forums", maybe it isn't set up yet.

SteelThunder
10-09-10, 20:37
Hopefully some of these new features can be changed back to a more user friendly format. I am still extremely grateful that this forum exists (and think Jackson does a fantastic job), however, with that said, I felt that it was better the way it was. Maybe I'm a software-dinosaur lover, but for me, the old forum layout and functionality was excellent.

In this new set-up, I like how the oldest posts are now first and the newest last. I don't like the colors being harder to read and the miniature font sizes and weird italics that are hard to read. I also don't like the fact that I can't view all posts by a member to see the type of posts they put up here. It only shows posts by that member in a forum, not across all forums. Also, there are a variety of points that others have already highlighted in their posts that I agree with that don't need to be echoed.

I hope there is a way to make some of the changes we have all discussed since this forum not only provided great information, but it used to be one of the easiest forums to navigate that I have ever used. Unfortunately, that is not the case anymore.

Hargow20
10-09-10, 23:20
"email not authenticated": message:

For some reason I have been getting this email not authenticated message when I access the forums sometimes. This has only started with the upgrade.

Photo preview not appearing:

When I view the forums the pictures don't show up as previews all the times. It's a hassle because I have to click on the icon in order to see the picture.

Wanttoknow67
10-10-10, 00:01
Well I have not been seeing the subscriptions that I used to have. I check and it says I am subscribed to a forum but it will not show in my quick links subscriptions unless it is the end folder in at series. Example I used to be subscribed to the Madison Wisconsin forum. I would be able to see the sub folders of General Reports, Massage parlor, Escorts etc if something was posted in Madison I would see it. Now the only forums that show up are the ones I have subscribed to directly.

The disadvantage of this new system is that you have to subscribe to a lot more sites plus if someone starts a new thread under one of the sub headings I would not see it in the subscribed forums. I liked being able to subscribe to a larger group and then get everything under it.

Pussylicker2
10-10-10, 00:23
It's not as good as the old software. It took time and effort and perhaps money to install it, and it doesn't work as well as the old software. I have no idea why anyone would think it's an improvement. Sure the old software was 5 years old, but software doesn't "wear out", it's not like a car. Anyway, Jackson doesn't seem to think its a problem. I read the suggestions for dealing with the "non problem", and when I saw "use a different browser", I realized no one is admitting there is a problem. So go ahead, delete my post, but I'm just trying to give honest feedback.

Hsv Hard
10-10-10, 00:48
Please! Bring it back. It would be great if there was a feature to screen out fugglies but otherwise it was perfect the way it was.Really Loved this feature too! Please bring it back.

Giani
10-10-10, 07:48
I, like just about everyone else, was frustrated and apprehensive about the major changes brought about by the installation of the new software. It would be good to hear why the change in software was needed. From THIS end, it seemed that the forum was working great. Doubtless there were problems from Jackson's end. I would be interested to know what these were, and how the new software was better.

My concern about the changes / problems with the new software remain. However, I take Jackson at his word that the wrinkles will be worked out, most notably that the Photogallery will be brought back. The new look will soon be second nature. A significant concern that I still harbor is whether some new features may in fact increase the chance that LE can use the site to track down members.

But... Jackson is clear that he will be working on correcting bugs in the new software, and I am sure he will. I am also sure that we members need to spell out the bugs which we encounter. I for one, will try to be patient with my posts about problems, turning them into reports of problems rather than raw complaints.

Thanks again to Jackson for a very enjoyable and valuable site which many of us have come to depend on.

Permanent Wood
10-10-10, 07:54
If I submit a report with the boxes checked / unchecked as they are by default, any use of quotation marks "" or brackets ( ) or dashes - gets fucked up. They become placed with too much spacing at the end of a sentence, or the second bracket disappears leaving your thought undefined, and dashes get turned into periods.

Now, with the option of "Exempt post from automatic text cleanup," I need to make sure that box is checked, or the software's programming fucks up correct punctuation, or at least the way I want it to display.

Misfit
10-10-10, 09:49
It's much faster than the old one. I don't hate the fact that there is no Photo Gallery button yet. What I am really pissed off at, is the fact that when you type in the word "Wh0re" it changes or re-writes it to "Working girl". That's not right. Remember say NO to censorship.

Misfit

Mystery Date
10-10-10, 11:14
I also don't like the fact that I can't view all posts by a member to see the type of posts they put up here. It only shows posts by that member in a forum, not across all forums.I totally agree with this being a huge deal. Being able to see a poster's whole posting history is a great way to weed out trolls / LE / non-sharing-sightseers.

Golfcart
10-10-10, 11:51
If I submit a report with the boxes checked / unchecked as they are by default, any use of quotation marks "" or brackets () or dashes. Gets fucked up. They become placed with too much spacing at the end of a sentence, or the second bracket disappears leaving your thought undefined, and dashes get turned into periods.

Now, with the option of "Exempt post from automatic text cleanup, " I need to make sure that box is checked, or the software's programming fucks up correct punctuation, or at least the way I want it to display. How do we open one post by itself in a new tab so we can save the URL of that single post? It used to be we clicked on the post number in the upper right-hand corner. But now doing that opens the entire page. I can't figure out how to get the URL of a singly post by itself.

Permanent Wood
10-10-10, 13:18
How do we open one post by itself in a new tab so we can save the URL of that single post? It used to be we clicked on the post number in the upper right-hand corner. But now doing that opens the entire page. I can't figure out how to get the URL of a singly post by itself.
I don't think you can, as far as I can see that option has been removed.

If you click on the post # like you mentioned, the URL changes in the address field. Now, if you copy and paste that address into a fresh web browser, it will load the thread and zoom down to the post you "bookmarked."

Even under the old format, this was possible, although I only stumbled on how to do it, but others linked to individual reports this way regularly.

Update: I just loaded a URL I had saved to a single post as Golfcart was asking about, and instead of it loading as a single post as it had on the old forum, it loaded as stated above, the thread loaded then it zoomed down to the post bookmarked.

Jry Wild1
10-10-10, 13:34
Jackson,

Things I have noticed that are not working as expected:

1. Clicking the link to View a Member's past posts only brings up posts SINCE the upgrade, not older posts. I think this is related to #2, since it is technically a search function. (This is troublesome since viewing past posts of members is a big part of what the forum is all about)

2. Searching only shows results for posts made SINCE the upgrade, not older posts. (This is very bad, since searching for information is what this forum is all about)

3. I cannot "edit" my past posts from before the upgrade and in many cases even my posts made since the upgrade. The edit option just does not show up. I don't know if this is related to #1? (This is troublesome if a member needs to make a correction)

4. "Exempt post from automatic text cleanup" needs to be selected by default. While I appreciate what this feature COULD do. It seems to be messing up posts more than it is "cleaning them up". Ending quotes, closing parentheses, etc. are being removed even if they are grammatically correct. I'm sure there are other "corrections" it is making that are not correct, but I have not noticed.

Something I would like to see added:
I would like to see the formatting toolbar that is on the "Quick Reply Private Message" form added to the "Advanced Reply Private Message" form and the "Submit Report" form. That would make it SO much easier to add bold or italic formatting to text without having to type the [b] and [i] tags all the time.

You may already be aware of these concerns, but I thought I should bring them to your attention just in case no one else had. Thank you for your help, hard work, and making this Board. Feel free to PM me if you have questions or comments to this post.

JR

Seva Lurker
10-11-10, 07:41
You guys need to quit bitching. Jackson has every right to ruin his website.

Well Jackson has the right to make the changes he feels will work. He is also open enough to ask for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

If you feel that strongly that the site is ruined by this upgrade, then move on. If you want to stay, then identify some problems (besides the missing photo gallery) that may be able to be fixed.

Personally, I am willing to go on some faith that Jackson has things under control. He may not be moving as fast as many would like, but he also has a real life besides running his two boards. I'm sure he's felt like banning the entire membership recently, but he's just asked us to trust him.

Bit Banger
10-11-10, 09:36
For all the hard work you do supporting this board, a valuble resource for the mongering community.

Yes, the new look & software need some getting used to and tweeking. I'll be patient.

My only complaint: It would have been nice to have the announcement on the front page BEFORE the changes.

Again, Thanks. Bit

[Copied from "Letters to the Editor" by author]

Jim Boob
10-11-10, 10:19
I thought of this while I was lost in Philly. If when you clicked on the name of the town and got all the subfolders (General, SW, SE's Reports, ect) you also got a link to maps of the entertainment areas. It would sure help guys visiting from out of town. It would also keep the regulars from saying RTFF so much. It might even save a life or two considering where the entertainment areas are located.

Just a thought.

Member #2112
10-11-10, 13:26
Jackson,

From Homepage, when clicking on ALL THE FORUMS, I keep getting the whine below. Must be a privledge issue as I AM ACTIVATED. Cannot view photos, etc. HELP!

1. Your membership may not be activated.

2. Your membership may not have the correct privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or access administrative features?

3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account.

Admin
10-11-10, 19:06
Fixed.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jackson,

From Homepage, when clicking on ALL THE FORUMS, I keep getting the whine below. Must be a privledge issue as I AM ACTIVATED. Cannot view photos, etc. HELP!

"$bbuserinfo[username], you do not have permission to view this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your membership may not be activated.

3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account. "

Mr Sixty
10-11-10, 19:07
Yes, a lot is different, but the site is working well for me. It took me a while to figure out that posts only appear sorted from newest to oldest if I'm logged in, otherwise they appear from oldest to newest. Now that I've figured it out, all is good in the world.

* A STORY FOR EVERYONE ELSE *

My next-door neighbor was given a brand new car several years ago. He drove that car every day, and put about 250,000 miles on it. The car made everything possible: His job, shopping, and his sex life. He drove that car into the ground. Then, last week, he woke up and there was a new car in his garage! His old car was gone. There wasn't even a note. Just a new car in the garage with a ribbon around it, and the keys in the ignition. My neighbor took me for a drive. "I don't get it," he said. "I don't see any improvements between this and my old car. It still drives exactly the same. And I don't like the upholstery. Blue interior with a blue exterior? Ew! Worst of all, my iPod was in the trunk with all of my sexy pictures on it. I can't believe they would take my old car like that. "

He complained and complained and complained.

I told him if he didn't like it so much, he should give the car to me, and maybe pay for his own effin' car, like everyone else!

Jeez, some people! Fortunately, there is no one here on USG like that!

Admin
10-11-10, 19:12
Yes, a lot is different, but the site is working well for me. It took me a while to figure out that posts only appear sorted from newest to oldest if I'm logged in, otherwise they appear from oldest to newest. Now that I've figured it out, all is good in the world.

* A STORY FOR EVERYONE ELSE *

My next-door neighbor was given a brand new car several years ago. He drove that car every day, and put about 250,000 miles on it. The car made everything possible: His job, shopping, and his sex life. He drove that car into the ground. Then, last week, he woke up and there was a new car in his garage! His old car was gone. There wasn't even a note. Just a new car in the garage with a ribbon around it, and the keys in the ignition. My neighbor took me for a drive. "I don't get it, " he said. "I don't see any improvements between this and my old car. It still drives exactly the same. And I don't like the upholstery. Blue interior with a blue exterior? Ew! Worst of all, my iPod was in the trunk with all of my sexy pictures on it. I can't believe they would take my old car like that. "

He complained and complained and complained.

I told him if he didn't like it so much, he should give the car to me, and maybe pay for his own effin' car, like everyone else!

Jeez, some people! Fortunately, there is no one here on USG like that! Greetings Mr Sixty,

I appreciate your comments.

FYI, changing the default "Post Display Sequence" to "Newest First" for forum lurkers is on my list, but it's not an admin setting, it has to be changed in the code itself, so it must be done carefully.

Thanks,

Jackson

Admin
10-11-10, 19:17
It's much faster than the old one. I don't hate the fact that there is no Photo Gallery button yet. What I am really pissed off at, is the fact that when you type in the word "Wh0re" it changes or re-writes it to "Working girl". That's not right. Remember say NO to censorship.

MisfitHi Misfit,

Apparently you missed an important day in civics class, so let me enlighten you.

"Freedom of Speech" is a constitutional protection of a citizen's right to speak out against the government, and as such it is a restriction on government activities attempting to curtail this right.

However, this forum is a private enterprise, and as such I cannot be compelled to publish whatever you choose to post, much in the same way as the New York Times cannot be compelled to publish every letter you might choose to send to their editor.

FYI: This includes deliberate violations of the Forum's Posting Guidelines which specifically prohibit the use of derogatory terms and expressions in reference to working girls. In fact, deliberate violations of the Forum's Posting Guidelines are in fact a banning offence. Please govern yourself accordingly.

What I do in my forum is not called censorship, it's called editing, and it is a necessary function and the responsibility of every publisher who wishes to maintain an organized publication.

Thanks,

Jackson

QuestioningOne
10-12-10, 09:02
Appreciate your comments on Home Page concerning photo gallery.

Greetings Mr Sixty,

I appreciate your comments.

FYI, changing the default "Post Display Sequence" to "Newest First" for forum lurkers is on my list, but it's not an admin setting, it has to be changed in the code itself, so it must be done carefully.

Thanks,

Jackson

Baldy Cruiser
10-12-10, 13:01
Yes, this new upgrade SUCKS ASS!

We need the Photo Gallery back. And when you post more than one photo, in a post, they should be shown as thumbnails, like before.

The best thing about this site was the Photo Gallery. Yes, the Photo Gallery!

With it gone, members will go elsewhere & this site will wither away.

If you are going to upgrade something, how about upgrading to include an avatar by our name when we post. And the graphics should be brighter & bolder on everything.

Still scratchin my head & ass about this one.

BALDY CRUISER :(

Scoundrel
10-12-10, 13:20
Yes, this new upgrade SUCKS ASS!

We need the Photo Gallery back. And when you post more than one photo, in a post, they should be shown as thumbnails, like before.

The best thing about this site was the Photo Gallery. Yes, the Photo Gallery!

With it gone, members will go elsewhere & this site will wither away.

If you are going to upgrade something, how about upgrading to include an avatar by our name when we post. And the graphics should be brighter & bolder on everything.

Still scratchin my head & ass about this one.

BALDY CRUISER. Baldy, read the home page Jackson is going to include an improved photo gallery.

Baldy Cruiser
10-12-10, 21:53
Baldy, read the home page Jackson is going to include an improved photo gallery.When?

BALDY CRUISER

Jim1240
10-13-10, 09:42
Mr. Jackson. When I open a particular thread, I. E Baltimore Massage Parlors, it use to take me to the most current entry, however now it takes me to the first one and then I have to move to the last. I hope you can take it back to the way it was.

Thanks

XxATLxX
10-13-10, 13:17
Jackson, normally I'm behind you on almost everything you do for this site. Not this time. If I wanted to be an ISG member, I would be an ISG member. USA had a much better format until you did this BS.

If you REALLY want to improve this site, put it back the way it was. We all miss our photo gallery among other things.

Do us a HUGE favor and PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!

Just my.02 and I hope you guys back me up. I could not agree more. This upgrade is painful to look at. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old one. I can barely stand to even come to this site anymore. If something else is not done to remedy this situation I doubt I will remain here much longer.

It is pretty obvious that the majority of us do not like the new look / upgrade. So that being the case, why would you not want to change it back to how it was and make us happy again?

Seva Lurker
10-13-10, 15:41
Mr. Jackson. When I open a particular thread, I. E Baltimore Massage Parlors, it use to take me to the most current entry, however now it takes me to the first one and then I have to move to the last. I hope you can take it back to the way it was.

ThanksThough Jackson has stated he will fix this, there is also a USER DEFINED setting that will allow you to see the newest posts first.

There are some other options here as well such as 'display avatar' I DO NOT KNOW if this works. I don't want an avatar, but for those of you who do, give it a try and report back here.

So for EVERYONE.

Go to the 'settings' option at the top right and click. Then in the left frame, find the 'my settings' window and click on 'general settings'. Then scroll down the page until you see 'thread display options'. Look at the 'thread display mode' and from the drop down pick "newest first".

I had this set long ago and the setting actually survived the transition to the new software.

Seva Lurker
10-14-10, 06:43
Jackson,

Here is a low priority fix. The problem is a nuisance, but not a show stopper, at least for me.

I did a search through one of the forums for a specific provider. The search dutifully came back, but the search results were in a jumbled order, not in any date sequence. This made it difficult to follow the reports.

As an example, the first report was from say May, the next from July and the third from April all of the same year.

Thanks again for all the hard work you put into this and the International boards.

Scott17
10-14-10, 16:10
The old software would list the last date that I was on, and check the posts that were put up since then. Am I missing something or does this new software not do that?

Scott

Seva Lurker
10-14-10, 17:36
The old software would list the last date that I was on, and check the posts that were put up since then. Am I missing something or does this new software not do that?

ScottIt's there, only on the home page it seems, but it's there. One of the things I asked about early on. Jackson has it working now.

Look to the right side of the page under all the banners.

Scott17
10-15-10, 16:25
It's there, only on the home page it seems, but it's there. One of the things I asked about early on. Jackson has it working now. Look to the right side of the page under all the banners.Okay, I also now see that the envelope is open if the thread has new posts and once you click on the thread the posts have a different color letter if it is new.

Scott

Seva Lurker
10-15-10, 17:41
The photo gallery is BACK.

YEAH,

Thank you Jackson.

Jannisary
10-15-10, 21:04
Hi Jackson,

Thanks for making the effort to keep this site up to date. I know upgrades can be a real pain in the ass and this one so far seems to be going surprisingly well. I remember the days when a bulletin board might go down for days even a week or more as it was being upgraded and even then there would be bugs and problems to be found and fixed. Being able to keep your board down time to a minimum and only having a few noticeable bugs to sort out is an accomplishment.

I would much rather deal with bugs brought about by trying to improve the site than bugs and problems and security issues caused by letting the site stagnate.

Seva Lurker
10-15-10, 22:38
Jackson,

Here is a message I have gotten several times this evening as I tried to catch up on the photo gallery and some associated reports.

Service Temporarily Unavailable.

The bwshare module will refuse your requests for the next 28 seconds.

You have made too many requests per second. The time value would change, usually some value under 30 seconds.

When you get a chance could you provide us an explanation for this.

Squirrel88
10-16-10, 00:20
How come in some threads when you click on #1 you get the newest messages first, but in others you get the oldest first, listed in reverse order?

The John
10-16-10, 10:57
Hi Jackson,

Thanks for making the effort to keep this site up to date. I know upgrades can be a real pain in the ass and this one so far seems to be going surprisingly well. I remember the days when a bulletin board might go down for days even a week or more as it was being upgraded and even then there would be bugs and problems to be found and fixed. Being able to keep your board down time to a minimum and only having a few noticeable bugs to sort out is an accomplishment.

I would much rather deal with bugs brought about by trying to improve the site than bugs and problems and security issues caused by letting the site stagnate. THANKS JACKSON! I appreciate the information that is provided in the USA Sex Guide. If mongers and providers make use of this information it can increase our safety and make for an all around better experience. It can even reduce the activities that most frustrate mundanes (crazy driving, propisitioning non-providers, condoms and other garbage on the ground, etc) So Thanks again to Jackson for devoting time, effort, and resources that Members and Lurkers enjoy the bennefit of!

The John

Indian River
10-16-10, 10:58
I try and do a search on the Orlando MP thread and get responses from other city treads. Is there a new way to search. I did a search on a word that I know is in the Orlando thread and come up with nothing. The older way always worked fine. Please advise.

Cumndumn73
10-16-10, 11:02
Jackson,

I apologize for the bad post that I wrote that were not posted on the forum. After a littlt studying of the new format I think it is much better and more effiefficent than the old one.

Thanks

Baldy Cruiser
10-16-10, 12:02
It's back.

Finally. Thank you Jackson.

BALDY CRUISER :)

Joinem Us
10-16-10, 15:19
Jackson,

Thank you for restoring the photo thumbnails!

When I click on Abbreviations on any page, however, I am directed to Archived Reports from 2005 from the Tacoma thread! Now please bring back those Abbreviations! Sometimes I really need them!

J

Cephlapod Love
10-17-10, 00:27
If there is any way to increase the time one is allowed to be in active before being "timed out" and booted off the site. It would be appreciated. Frequently when creating posts, I am doing research or getting pics / data from other sites and by the time, old slow poke here, gets the post finished, he has to log back in.

Just a suggestion.

Upgrade seems to be coming along nicely! Thanks!

Misfit
10-17-10, 07:13
Hi Misfit,

Apparently you missed an important day in civics class, so let me enlighten you.

"Freedom of Speech" is a constitutional protection of a citizen's right to speak out against the government, and as such it is a restriction on government activities attempting to curtail this right.

However, this forum is a private enterprise, and as such I cannot be compelled to publish whatever you choose to post, much in the same way as the New York Times cannot be compelled to publish every letter you might choose to send to their editor.

FYI: This includes deliberate violations of the Forum's Posting Guidelines which specifically prohibit the use of derogatory terms and expressions in reference to working girls. In fact, deliberate violations of the Forum's Posting Guidelines are in fact a banning offence. Please govern yourself accordingly.

What I do in my forum is not called censorship, it's called editing, and it is a necessary function and the responsibility of every publisher who wishes to maintain an organized publication.

Thanks,

JacksonMy previous post was not to give you a hard time. It was just a way to make light of the whole "no Photo Gallery buttton" situation. Which may have been the downfall of USG, according to other mongers. But as your promised, the situation was fixed. Good job on the new forum by the way.

Oh by the way, I did attend civics class in college. Must of fell asleep on censorship lecture day. LOL.

I just have a very twisted sence of humor, got to live up to the name.

Misfit

Member #4581
10-17-10, 07:33
If there is any way to increase the time one is allowed to be in active before being "timed out" and booted off the site. It would be appreciated. Frequently when creating posts, I am doing research or getting pics / data from other sites and by the time, old slow poke here, gets the post finished, he has to log back in.

Just a suggestion.

Upgrade seems to be coming along nicely! Thanks! Next time try using whatever word processing program that you use, run spell check and then copy and paste from there. This way you can prepare multiple posts and not have to worry about getting timed out.

Seva Lurker
10-17-10, 08:20
Jackson,

Thank you for restoring the photo thumbnails!

When I click on Abbreviations on any page, however, I am directed to Archived Reports from 2005 from the Tacoma thread! Now please bring back those Abbreviations! Sometimes I really need them!

JJackson, that is something new. I know I hit the abbreviations button the 15th of Oct and it was working then. Joinem is right about it now. We are being carried to the middle of the 2005 Tacoma reports.

I hate these ripple problems. Fix one thing and two others break to replace it. If you're able to maintain your sanity after this upgrade, my hat goes off to you.

Cartog
10-18-10, 13:17
Jackson,

JI too hope the problem with the Abbreviations gets fixed soon. As a work around, you can find the abbreviations in the forum FAQ. They are under Forum Terms and Abbreviations.

Seva Lurker
10-20-10, 21:06
1. The abbreviations link is working again. Or it is on this computer running XP, haven't tried it on my Win7 machine yet. Also, the list of abbreviations listed in the FAQ is not the same list as provided in the link, it's a good start, but definitely not the same list.

2. Question for all on the photo gallery. It seems every time I open the photo gallery, numerous images on the first page say "Click for larger image" (there is no thumbnail showing. When I do that I get the window saying I've followed an invalid link. The same hold true when I click on the 'view report'.

Later when I come back, the images (thumbnail) are there and that and the link to the report both work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Vitrea
10-21-10, 17:22
In the old site the "CP" panel was on the top left. Am I blind or did that go away? I can't see the panel link where I can review all my subscribed threads. Thank you for the help and thank you for maintaining this site.

Vitrea

Seva Lurker
10-21-10, 21:12
In the old site the "CP" panel was on the top left. Am I blind or did that go away? I can't see the panel link where I can review all my subscribed threads. Thank you for the help and thank you for maintaining this site.

VitreaIs it the 'settings' at the upper right, one in from the far 'log out' choice?

Permanent Wood
10-22-10, 10:17
I find myself editing my posts 2 or 3 times to fix what the software fucks up.

XXXX - XXXX gets turned into XXXX. XXXX. Just one example.

Also, "Automatically parse links in text" isn't an option for the original "submit post" but is for the "edit post." It was at first after the upgrade, now it's gone, figure that one out.

Parsing links should be a default setting. Who wants to edit to parse the links? Adding a link to a website should make it ready to be clicked on.

Also missing is the check box to "exempt post from automatic text clean-up," which was there after the upgrade, and should have been checked by default, now it's just gone.

Vitrea
10-22-10, 18:16
Is it the 'settings' at the upper right, one in from the far 'log out' choice?Got it. Thank you.

Vankleek
10-24-10, 06:43
Question for all on the photo gallery. It seems every time I open the photo gallery, numerous images on the first page say "Click for larger image" (there is no thumbnail showing. When I do that I get the window saying I've followed an invalid link. The same hold true when I click on the 'view report'.

Later when I come back, the images (thumbnail) are there and that and the link to the report both work.

Has anyone else had this problem? I no longer get thumbnails at all. It shows me logged in, but just names (used to be like that only if you weren't logged in. I can still follow the link to see the large photo. This is just a hassle because sometimes I only want to see one or a few photos and have to click on each to see it. Suggestions?

Golfcart
10-24-10, 08:01
Before the switch to the new software clicking on the post number (located in the upper right-hand corner of the post) (for example, "#51") would open that post to a page by itself. That put the URL for post #51 of that forum in the address bar and available to copy. I saved interesting URL's and organizing them for further reference.

I can't figure out how to do that using the new software.

Clicking #51 now (which will be somewhere on a page) merely moves #51 to the top of the page on my screen (followed by #52, etc.

I've clicked everywhere trying to get a particular post to appear by itself on the screen so I can copy the URL, and am at a loss.

Artificial Red
10-24-10, 19:17
2. Question for all on the photo gallery. It seems every time I open the photo gallery, numerous images on the first page say "Click for larger image" (there is no thumbnail showing. When I do that I get the window saying I've followed an invalid link. The same hold true when I click on the 'view report'.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm only speculating, but I think that the site is now hiding images from reports from regular members that have not been approved for immediate posting. Previously, images were available before the report was.

Artificial Red
10-24-10, 19:22

VitreaUser CP link used to available from anywhere on the site, it only shows on the homepage now, unless I've missed it. I've gotten around this by using the Quick Links drop down menu, then selecting 'Subscribed Threads'.

Artificial Red
10-24-10, 19:34
First, I'll apologize for not putting all this into one post. I didn't think about until just now.

I've had a little trouble with uploading images. I've tried a couple times to upload two images to the humorous pictures thread to no avail. I've managed to get them to the uploader, but after that I don't see what to do to include them in my post.

Also of note is that I resized the images to the size (600 pixels) I used to upload with to keep within the limits the previous version of this forum required, yet one of the images uploaded resulted in some type of icon. It is a! Within a circle, which I assume is a negative thing, but without a legend I don't know exactly what it means.

Jannisary
10-24-10, 21:00
User CP link used to available from anywhere on the site, it only shows on the homepage now, unless I've missed it. I've gotten around this by using the Quick Links drop down menu, then selecting 'Subscribed Threads'.You can get to the CP by clicking on the "Settings" link on the upper right of any page, right next to the "log out" link.

Jannisary
10-24-10, 21:07
Before the switch to the new software clicking on the post number (located in the upper right-hand corner of the post) (for example, "#51") would open that post to a page by itself. That put the URL for post #51 of that forum in the address bar and available to copy. I saved interesting URL's and organizing them for further reference.

I can't figure out how to do that using the new software.

Clicking #51 now (which will be somewhere on a page) merely moves #51 to the top of the page on my screen (followed by #52, etc.

I've clicked everywhere trying to get a particular post to appear by itself on the screen so I can copy the URL, and am at a loss. That doesn't seem to be an option with this version of vBull. If you click the post number that will take give you a link that makes that numbered post appear at the top of the screen. I think the idea is by doing this way you can still keep track of or point people to individual posts but still have the rest of the thread right there. The old way sometimes people would link to an individual post but if you wanted more info or wanted to see what was posted before or after that post you had to take a couple clicks to get to that forum.

Golfcart
10-24-10, 21:51
That doesn't seem to be an option with this version of vBull. If you click the post number that will take give you a link that makes that numbered post appear at the top of the screen. I think the idea is by doing this way you can still keep track of or point people to individual posts but still have the rest of the thread right there. The old way sometimes people would link to an individual post but if you wanted more info or wanted to see what was posted before or after that post you had to take a couple clicks to get to that forum.Janissary, thanks. I was afraid of that.

This page contains 15 posts thus far (not counting this post). On the subject of not being able access the URL of individual posts, there are 2 posts at this point (my original question and Jannisary's reply) and those 2 are separated by 4 posts by others that have nothing to do with this subject.

The former software allowed individual post URL's to be copied. Thus, I could put my question, Jannisary's reply and this post together as a string by copy and paste of the URL's and in that way collect the 3 posts relevant to the subject together and the result not be cluttered by the 13 other posts also on this page that have nothing to do with this subject. I found that feature highly convenient, to "cherry pick the posts" for a reply, so extraneous posts are not in the way. The loss of this feature in the upgrade is a real loss.

I have to think somebody should have considered this when doing the upgrade. I can't be the first guy to raise this subject. I'm not that smart, on computers or on other things.

Spazen
10-25-10, 04:10
Do you mean like:

1) Golfcart's post #120 (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?9665-VBulletin-4.0.7-comments&p=1082183&viewfull=1#post1082183)

or

2) http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?9665-VBulletin-4.0.7-comments&p=1082183&viewfull=1#post1082183

or

3)
The former software allowed individual post URL's to be copied.

plus some text of my choice

That doesn't seem to be an option with this version of vBull.

Golfcart
10-25-10, 09:09
Spazen has the correct idea in No.3.

I think Spazen created #121 by copying and pasting #119 and #120 into #121 and added his own text. That's the end result I'm looking for. That appears to be the method under the new version of software and that was the method under the old version as well.

BUT:

Before the upgrade I could do the copy of #119 and #120 in separate tabs. What opened was post #119 singly in one tab and #120 singly in the other tab. Neither tab was cluttered with the baggage of other posts on the same page.

After the upgrade we get the baggage of the whole page. Inconvenient, in my opinion.

ANOTHER BUT:

I opened this discussion by asking, 'How can we find / copy the URL of a particular post?" That's really the question.

Point 1. Avoid the clutter of other posts on the same page.

Point 2. More important, under the former version, with the post alone in its own tab, the URL of just that post was in the address bar. I organized posts of interest by saving the URL's for further reference. That appears not possible under the new version. No longer possible to have a particular post's URL.

As an example, suppose three reviews are posted of the same girl on different boards. I would save the URL's of the three reviews under her name and each would be available to be called up. Now I have a page with the review at the top and the rest filled with clutter. Clutter is bad.

Thanks, Spazen, and further ideas from you are welcome. I really need to figure out how to have the URL of a single post. It was so simple before.

Deacon Blu
10-25-10, 12:13
Not sure why, but when I access a thread the posts are listed oldest first, most recent last? I'm using a windows 7 operating system. I do not seem to have this problem using my other computer which has an XP operating system.

Seva Lurker
10-25-10, 15:07
Not sure why, but when I access a thread the posts are listed oldest first, most recent last? I'm using a windows 7 operating system. I do not seem to have this problem using my other computer which has an XP operating system.There are several other posts in this thread asking the same thing, a post from Jackson and at least one fix. RTFF.

Now as to why it is working in XP and not on Win 7 is anyone's guess, but I have not had that problem with XP, Vista OR Win7. The software seems to have carried my personal settings over with no problem.

Jannisary
10-25-10, 19:40
The former software allowed individual post URL's to be copied. Thus, I could put my question, Jannisary's reply and this post together as a string by copy and paste of the URL's and in that way collect the 3 posts relevant to the subject together and the result not be cluttered by the 13 other posts also on this page that have nothing to do with this subject. I found that feature highly convenient, to "cherry pick the posts" for a reply, so extraneous posts are not in the way. The loss of this feature in the upgrade is a real loss.

I know this is not really what you want but you can now use the "multi-quote" function to more easily string together the desired posts when writing a reply.

Spazen
10-25-10, 21:55
I'm currently migrating to Windows 7 and I'm currently using IE. Yuk. My normal browser is usually Firefox, but Iusually have Chrome available too.

The "Browser" that your using makes a difference in the instructions. For IE 8, right click on the post #120 and use "Copy Shortcut". That's the URL of the post.

E. G. http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?9665-VBulletin-4.0.7-comments&p=1082183&viewfull=1#post1082183.

To make it a link, I had to add the URL tags.

For (2) The CODE BB Code is disabled, so I'll have to show it this way:

{URL}http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?9665-VBulletin-4.0.7-comments&p=1082183&viewfull=1#post1082183{/URL}

Replace the { with [ and } with ].

(1) is a variation on the URL BB Code.

(3) Was created using the QUOTE BB CODE and opinging posts in theirown window (s) and copying their content and adding the posters name which is part of the QUOTE format.

Spazen
10-25-10, 23:35
What I do notice is that in the compose window the post # is not visible. It probably should be.

So, there is less juggling of multiple windows and "Open in a new Window" kinds of stuff.

Jannisary
10-26-10, 00:54
I know this is not really what you want but you can now use the "multi-quote" function to more easily string together the desired posts when writing a reply.

(3) Was created using the QUOTE BB CODE and opinging posts in theirown window (s) and copying their content and adding the posters name which is part of the QUOTE format. Instead of opening posts in their own windows and then having to copy and paste the content and add the posters' names you can make use of the new "multi-quote" function of the board. The "multi-quote" button is just to the right of the "reply with quote" button. Just click the multi-quote button on each post you want to quote so that a check mark appears next to the button. Then hit Submit Report button and all the posts that you have tagged with the Multi-quote button will be copied into your new post. It saves work from copying and pasting and it also automatically puts a link (the little arrow next to the quoted poster's name) to each of the quoted posts into your report.

Golfcart
10-26-10, 06:35
What I do notice is that in the compose window the post # is not visible. It probably should be.

So, there is less juggling of multiple windows and "Open in a new Window" kinds of stuff.

Instead of opening posts in their own windows and then having to copy and paste the content and add the posters' names you can make use of the new "multi-quote" function of the board. The "multi-quote" button is just to the right of the "reply with quote" button. Just click the multi-quote button on each post you want to quote so that a check mark appears next to the button. Then hit Submit Report button and all the posts that you have tagged with the Multi-quote button will be copied into your new post. It saves work from copying and pasting and it also automatically puts a link (the little arrow next to the quoted poster's name) to each of the quoted posts into your report.I've never received so much thoughtful help with a question before. Thanks a million.

The Multi-Quote Function is slick.

Deacon Blu
10-26-10, 07:07
There are several other posts in this thread asking the same thing, a post from Jackson and at least one fix. RTFF.

Now as to why it is working in XP and not on Win 7 is anyone's guess, but I have not had that problem with XP, Vista OR Win7. The software seems to have carried my personal settings over with no problem. Got it. Thanks.

Seva Lurker
10-26-10, 17:46
I'm not sure if it is me and I haven't learned how to write the search better or if it is the new software, BUT, I'm having some difficulty with the 'advanced search' function.

I have noticed there are now two search tabs, one to search a 'single content type' and the other to search 'multiple content types'.

The difference seems to be the multiple allows you to search 'forums', 'posts' or 'all types' (this checks the other two) and there is no selection drop down for the areas you want to search (e. G, Lombardo in the Baltimore forum or in all forums.

My problem seems to be with the multiple types search tab. When I enter a user name (I tried Lombardo and mine) I get very limited results (no posts for Lombardo and SIX POSTS the oldest being from 2005 and the most recent yesterday for me.

The single content type search works much better. With the same two search names, it found all our posts. It also allows me to narrow my search parameters down a bit more (though it would be nice if I could select more than one area like Philly and South Jersey, but that is another day.

Now if I could just make the 'single content type' the default for me I'd be very happy.

Spazen
10-26-10, 21:21
I definately agree with Golfcart. Slick. This version of VB is totally new to me.

Thanks Jannisary.

For Golfcart

There is a set of instructions (a mini-html) that's called BB CODE and it's used to format th text of Bullitin boards. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode For instance Bold isn't available on the skin i'm using now and I don't know if I can select other editing modes. But if I wanted Bold I could get it, providing its not disabled by the forum administrator. There are ways to input equations, for instance. A reminder, to look at the foum rules reguarding external links that work.

Spazen
10-26-10, 21:24
I hate to say this because it's a known issue, but this is what comes to mind when I see the forums colors.

Permanent Wood
11-01-10, 11:08
I used to be able to edit my posts for 24 hours from the time I submitted a report. Now, I'm not sure, the last post I submitted had the edit option taken away less than 24 hours from the time of submission. I do remember editing the post immediately after I submitted it to clean up what the software fucked up, but then I went to bed so I'm unsure of when the edit option was taken away, hmmmm.

Fluke
11-02-10, 05:13
Just from a navigation standpoint it seems all of the great speed you had before the conversion is now gone and images, especially when looking through the archive photos, failed thumbnails or mis-load and / or end up linking to dead-ends.

As I am typing this the letters can't keep up with my (two) fingers.

I guess "bogged"down" would best describe it.

I have confidence this will all get figured out.

Golfcart
11-02-10, 12:37
The Forum Index has blue letters with a blue background, the shades of blue used are very close and the print is very small. That's four (4) reasons the redesign is harder to read and not an improvement.

I agree with my friend Fluke. Much of the speed before the redesign has been lost. Not only the speed of the pages coming up but also the speed the software puts the letters down as I type.

I agree with Fluke this will all get figured out eventually. I do like USASG best of all.

Spazen
11-04-10, 22:57
Agree, but rememember writing in blue is reserved.

The Forum Index has blue letters with a blue background, the shades of blue used are very close and the print is very small. That's four (4) reasons the redesign is harder to read and not an improvement.

I agree with my friend Fluke. Much of the speed before the redesign has been lost. Not only the speed of the pages coming up but also the speed the software puts the letters down as I type.

I agree with Fluke this will all get figured out eventually. I do like USASG best of all.

Yoyo Spa
11-10-10, 15:04
Also missing is the check box to "exempt post from automatic text clean-up," which was there after the upgrade, and should have been checked by default, now it's just gone.Agreed.

Turns out I can't refer to letterC cups without them turning into "see" cups. Seems like bra sizes are a pretty important thing to get right on a site like USASG. [also would be nice if the smiley I put here wasn't deleted]

Admin
11-10-10, 16:11
I used to be able to edit my posts for 24 hours from the time I submitted a report. Now, I'm not sure, the last post I submitted had the edit option taken away less than 24 hours from the time of submission. I do remember editing the post immediately after I submitted it to clean up what the software fucked up, but then I went to bed so I'm unsure of when the edit option was taken away, hmmmm.Greetings everyone,

I changed the time limit for members to edit their own posts to 1 hour in response to a growing strategy by the one-percenters (the 1% of members who cause 99% of the problems) wherein they would post a deliberately antagonistic and / or provocative message and then delete it a few hours later, all with the specific intent of provoking other members and then avoiding subsequent repercussions from me because by the time I reviewed their post they would have edited or deleted their antagonistic comments.

Nevertheless, if you feel compelled to edit your post after 1 hour, then simply delete your old post and re-post your edited version.

Thanks,

Jackson

Admin
11-10-10, 16:16
I'm not sure if it is me and I haven't learned how to write the search better or if it is the new software, BUT, I'm having some difficulty with the 'advanced search' function.

I have noticed there are now two search tabs, one to search a 'single content type' and the other to search 'multiple content types'.

The difference seems to be the multiple allows you to search 'forums', 'posts' or 'all types' (this checks the other two) and there is no selection drop down for the areas you want to search (e. G, Lombardo in the Baltimore forum or in all forums.

My problem seems to be with the multiple types search tab. When I enter a user name (I tried Lombardo and mine) I get very limited results (no posts for Lombardo and SIX POSTS the oldest being from 2005 and the most recent yesterday for me.

The single content type search works much better. With the same two search names, it found all our posts. It also allows me to narrow my search parameters down a bit more (though it would be nice if I could select more than one area like Philly and South Jersey, but that is another day.

Now if I could just make the 'single content type' the default for me I'd be very happy. Greetings Everyone,

The need for both the 'single content type' and the other to search 'multiple content types' will become evident as I add new features to facilitate new media types, specifically blogs and articles.

Thanks,

Jackson

Skatar018
11-10-10, 21:33
Greetings everyone,

I changed the time limit for members to edit their own posts to 1 hour in response to a growing strategy by the one-percenters (the 1% of members who cause 99% of the problems) wherein they would post a deliberately antagonistic and / or provocative message and then delete it a few hours later, all with the specific intent of provoking other members and then avoiding subsequent repercussions from me because by the time I reviewed their post they would have edited or deleted their antagonistic comments.

Nevertheless, if you feel compelled to edit your post after 1 hour, then simply delete your old post and re-post your edited version.

Thanks,

JacksonThat's a neat trick, there's one thing I don't understand.
If you have 1 hour to edit a post how can you delete the post after the 1 hour time limit?
Is there a delete button I am missing?
Can a post be deleted at any point in time by the originator of the post?
I recently posted requesting intel on someone with the intent of deleting the post within the 24 hour time limit.
Low & behold the time limit to edit posts has changed unbeknownst to moi.
Now if the person ever sees that post she will rip my ying & yang out by the roots & I have become every attached to my ying & yang & would like to keep em.
I even went so far as to rat myself out & reported the posts as a violation of the general rules & posting guidelines as to this rule: 'No Spamming: Please do not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums'
Which I did as I posted this on three different boards requesting the information, and ahhh yeah the posts are still there.
Something's I guess I will never understand.
BTW if you go here: http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/index.php?pageid=forumrules & click on the posting guidelines it takes you back to the homepage, anyone else experiencing that?
Gawd I do luv this site though & thanks Jackson for all you do

Tha X Facta
11-11-10, 08:33
Jackson, is there anyway possible to reinstate the "Smilies" back to their original (pre-upgrade) state?

Just asking :confused:

:cool:

:mad:

They look so inferior compared to the original smiles.

Seva Lurker
11-11-10, 09:07
Jackson, is there anyway possible to reinstate the "Smilies" back to their original (pre-upgrade) state?

Just asking :confused:

:cool:

:mad:

They look so inferior compared to the original smiles. Right now I'd just like to be able to make the smiles work without having to go in and edit the file.

What is your secret. Please, PLEASE. Share as I don't see the little note at the bottom of the message saying when the post was last edited.

Thanks. . <-- That is SUPPOSED to be a big grin like this --> :D

Scuuze
11-11-10, 23:49
Greetings everyone,

Thanks,

JacksonGreetings Jackson, 1- Why don't you ban the one percenters? 2-How do you delete a post after one hour? Jackson my friend, this post makes no sense. Arent you recommending to us as a solution to the "1 hour rule" that we do exactly what you are trying to avoid when you enacted the 1 hour rule? Personally, I think at least 24 hours would be a good compromise between the old 7days we had to edit / delete and now only 1 hour. Thanks, Scuuze.

Tha X Facta
11-12-10, 20:31
Right now I'd just like to be able to make the smiles work without having to go in and edit the file.

What is your secret. Please, PLEASE. Share as I don't see the little note at the bottom of the message saying when the post was last edited.

Thanks. . <- That is SUPPOSED to be a big grin like this. . Odd, these are the only ones that work without any editing.

Thanks. :confused:

Thanks. :mad:

Thanks. :cool:
The others you have to go in and edit the file.

Smile, Stick Out Tongue, Wink, Big Grin, Embarrassment, Frown, Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) and EEK!

Jackson has his hands filled; a work in progress?
They still look inferior compared to the original smiles.

Permanent Wood
11-12-10, 20:47
If you have 1 hour to edit a post how can you delete the post after the 1 hour time limit?

Is there a delete button I am missing?

You can't get to the delete option without first clicking edit, so when edit is taken away, so is the delete option.

The only way to delete a post after that, is to report the post and request it's removal. A crap shoot at best and nothing more annoying than reading a thread with a bunch of deleted posts.

Scuuze
11-13-10, 12:01
nothing more annoying than reading a thread with a bunch of deleted posts.Not sure what you mean by that my friend. If the post have been deleted you can't read them. Am I missing some point your trying to make? Thanks.

Jannisary
11-13-10, 12:31
and nothing more annoying than reading a thread with a bunch of deleted posts.
Not sure what you mean by that my friend. If the post have been deleted you can't read them. Am I missing some point your trying to make? Thanks.When people delete posts it can make a thread harder to read and understand. The "conversation" taking place in the thread gets disrupted since posts that people may be referring to were deleted.

Permanent Wood
11-13-10, 20:58
When people delete posts it can make a thread harder to read and understand. The "conversation" taking place in the thread gets disrupted since posts that people may be referring to were deleted.I believe it is only when you're not logged in and viewing the site as a guest that deleted posts still show up with a user name and that the post has been deleted, makes you wonder what the post had said and what the reason for deleting it was.

Deleting a post leaving that fingerprint behind isn't a clean delete, must be the way the software is set up that it doesn't make a clean removal, but I don't know.

Seva Lurker
11-13-10, 22:38
I believe it is only when you're not logged in and viewing the site as a guest that deleted posts still show up with a user name and that the post has been deleted, makes you wonder what the post had said and what the reason for deleting it was.

Deleting a post leaving that fingerprint behind isn't a clean delete, must be the way the software is set up that it doesn't make a clean removal, but I don't know. There may be a way, but I am sure it would drive the price tag way up.

Consider a post like this. If you deleted your post, what would it do to this one? I am quoting your deleted post.

This situation also occurs for people on your ignore list. Someone quotes them their post (or the quoted portion anyway) appears.

There have been times I've wanted to delete a post, but I've just learned to live with my major goofs.

Giani
11-14-10, 11:33
Jackson:

Anyone deliberately posting antagonistic posts, and then deleting them within 24 hours, is easily identified. They deserve a warning, and if they repeat, banning from the forum. You can use members to help alert you to such violators. My suspicion is that violators represent closer to below 0. 1% rather than 1% of posters.

But to totally eliminate any editing after one hour for this cause, is analogous to banning ALL liquids from flights because one person out of a million might have tried to use a liquid for terrorism. Why do we allow the tiny minority of "terrorist-types" to cause the withdrawal of rights for the other 99. 9% I for one, used your editing feature to great advantage to clarify, correct spelling and punctuation, and will miss it greatly.

Greetings everyone,

Thanks,

Jackson

Golfcart
11-14-10, 15:41
I agree being able to edit one's post is important to correct typo's, for readability and the like. By the same token an edit several days later throws things off when the post has been quoted, sometimes quoted extensively. There must be a balance somewhere.

Jackson has determined that balance shifts after one hour.

24 hours was nice, but we can all live with one hour as long as we know. And we know because Jackson has said.

Scuuze
11-14-10, 22:06
Jackson:

Anyone deliberately posting antagonistic posts, and then deleting them within 24 hours, is easily identified. They deserve a warning, and if they repeat, banning from the forum. You can use members to help alert you to such violators. My suspicion is that violators represent closer to below 0. 1% rather than 1% of posters.

But to totally eliminate any editing after one hour for this cause, is analogous to banning ALL liquids from flights because one person out of a million might have tried to use a liquid for terrorism. Why do we allow the tiny minority of "terrorist-types" to cause the withdrawal of rights for the other 99. 9% I for one, used your editing feature to great advantage to clarify, correct spelling and punctuation, and will miss it greatly. Ah yes, a voice of reason. 100% agree with you.

Scuuze.

Intelius
11-15-10, 22:06
Jackson,

I haven't had the time to RTFF regarding this title. I was hoping you could change the color of text on the Forum page, in order to make it more legible. The darker blue color of the State's names is difficult to read against the lighter blue background.

Thanks

Harley32
11-17-10, 09:19
Jackson,

I haven't had the time to RTFF regarding this title. I was hoping you could change the color of text on the Forum page, in order to make it more legible. The darker blue color of the State's names is difficult to read against the lighter blue background.

ThanksI just wanted to second this suggestion.

Seva Lurker
11-17-10, 17:48
Jackson,

ThanksAnd Hunter3203 the following is taken from the home page of the USASG.

I don't like the new website colors. The text is too hard for me to read. I liked the old style better! Why did you have to change everything? I don't particularly like the default vBulletin style myself, and I'm planning to add several new skins in the near future. In the mean time, please stop bitching about this.

Giani
11-25-10, 12:07
I posted a version of this on my local board, but suspect it more appropriately belong on the VB board...

I wonder out loud if the new software is sabatoging the board. Two experiences today make me wonder:

In the post I made a post this AM, I was responding to post advertising a female dog on the board (!). Two problems arose from that single attempt at a post:

1) My use of the word for a female dog was replaced by autoedit with "*****". So.... you can't even use the word b*tch to refer to a female dog? Is this REALLY a prohibited word? This term is readily accepted on network TV shows!

2) When I had a chance to review my post (in less than two hours: 7 something to short of 9 AM) , NO editing was permitted. I then tried to change "*****" to b*tch. Not even that was allowed... It only allowed be*tch. Puleeese.

I have no problem with censoring flagrant abusive language, but even the NYTimes allows disguising of one of our beloved seven words with an internal asterisk.

To repeat many points made in previous posts, to restrict any changes in a post to those made within 60 minutes seems harsh to me. It certainly prevented me from correcting the "correction" made by autoedit...

JACKSON: It looks like the boards in Cincinnati have declined in posts by at least 50% since the new software. There obviously can be multiple reasons for any decline in posts on a given board, but I wonder... How has traffic been affected globally on USASG by the new "improved" software? I know it makes me less inclined to struggle to post with it.

Giani.

Golfcart
11-25-10, 20:07
I haven't detected a decline in traffic myself, but I haven't been watching. USASG is a business and businesses have cycles. If there is a decline I would not link it to the new software just because we have new software.

My experience with the new software is it started out terrible and has steadily become better as things are tweaked. I still don't like it but the tweaking isn't done and we know new features are on the horizon for us (like a review board) giving me confidence that once everything is up and tweaked we'll be very happy with the new USASG. I mean, Jackson did not do this for Jackson. He did it for us. Well, what's good for us is good for Jackson.

I knew the new software blocked certain bad words and I've learned the new software blocks hctib. I don't think words like hctib should be used on the board and I'm glad to read the software blocks them. I also think there is no a reason to post anything about a dog on USASG. We don't come here to read about dogs.

Jackson pointed out 60 minutes is the time limit to edit posts. We all need the ability to edit mistakes but posts get quoted and when they get edited the quote remains unedited causing confusion. Jackson elected to balance the poster's need to edit with the side effects of delayed editing and determined that 60 minutes was the place to draw the line. I think 60 minutes is crowing our need to edit a bit, but the length of the time allowed for editing is not what is important. What matters is we know the time limit so we can adjust our editing accordingly and not be surprised.

Misfit
11-28-10, 09:00
I pick on links and jump from one thread to another quickly. But the new forum gives me a damn time out. It's a pain in the ass. I get this message, as I have to wait to make my request again.

The bwshare module will refuse your requests for the next 12 seconds.

You have made too many requests per second.

-

Apache / 2. 2.9 (Debian) PHP / 5. 2.6-1+lenny6 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl / 2. 2.9 OpenSSL / 0. 9.8g mod_bwshare / 0. 2.1 Server at www.usasexguide.info Port 80.

Misfit

BigBearTexas
11-28-10, 11:19
Why don't you sub divide the post by super posters that do not want to be bothered by those of us who are not handy with a camera or that are not worded enough for others. I have tried to contibute and have the senior members that are so much more wiser than others be rude and insluting. I enjoy the site but people are getting a little bit off of the reason we are here. Thank you for all of the hard work Jackson. Maybe all the ones above 100 deserve there own little place where they can only veiw those at 100 or more.

Thanks

Giani
11-28-10, 12:17
Sorry-couldn't resist your GREAT anagram, from insulting to "insluting". I am not exactly sure what the meaning of 'insluting' will turn out to be [who wants to jump in here?], but it is JUST my kind of word! Don't take offense-it is all in good mongering fun.

Actually, Seniors DO get privileges, mainly that of instant posting. But being Sr. does not mean that one's diplomatic or even interpersonal skills are very well developed. If you stick with the system to gain Sr. status, and you will

a) earn these privileges, and may
b) grow impatient with newbies who may embarass themselves upon occasion and reinvent the wheel often.

Frankly, without newbies, the boards become stale. So bring 'them on'. I just hope they bring good intelligence with them, which in the final analysis is the true value of the board.

Why don't you sub divide the post by super posters that do not want to be bothered by those of us who are not handy with a camera or that are not worded enough for others. I have tried to contibute and have the senior members that are so much more wiser than others be rude and *insluting. I enjoy the site but people are getting a little bit off of the reason we are here. Thank you for all of the hard work Jackson. Maybe all the ones above 100 deserve there own little place where they can only veiw those at 100 or more.

Thanks

LordBlackAdder
12-01-10, 12:14
I am wondering if there is some secret on posting pictures in the new software?

I just tried doing so an when I hit the "manage attachments" button I got a pop up box that after a minute or two of loading (the new version is lots slower than it used to be) shows nothing but a black bar on the top 20% of the box and white in the lower 80. No words. No directions of any sort. Since I have seen some new pictures posted I know it can be done just not sure how.

Seva Lurker
12-04-10, 09:02
Jackson,

To some degree the new software has been nice. But in many respects, the 'improvements' made by vBulletin really suck. My latest issue, and this has been alluded to in other posts here is this.

The software insists on formatting our text as it sees fit. It drops smileys for one and now, it is grammatically changing my sentences.

I just made a post that included the 'url' VB code. VBulletin, put a period after the word just prior to the 'url' line and put the link on a new line (in the 'published' message, I am used to the URL wrapping due to their length) , by it self. It then added another line break and made the remainder of the sentence in my original, a new sentence.

I know that the vast majority of the users of this forum appreciate the level of effort you commit to keeping this and the international boards going. I am one of them. But some of these 'quirks' are really becoming quite irksome in that one has to edit their post almost immediately.

For some of the problems, editing prior to posting will not work. Certain edit features are not provided until after the message has been posted.

Permanent Wood
12-04-10, 17:20
When viewing the thumbnails in the photo gallery, clicking the link to "View Report" takes me to the correct thread, the correct page of the thread, but DOES NOT zoom down to the actual post that is the source of the photo.

Not bitching, just pointing out a shortcoming of the new software.

PW

Misfit
12-05-10, 09:02
Why don't you sub divide the post by super posters that do not want to be bothered by those of us who are not handy with a camera or that are not worded enough for others. I have tried to contibute and have the senior members that are so much more wiser than others be rude and insluting. I enjoy the site but people are getting a little bit off of the reason we are here. Thank you for all of the hard work Jackson. Maybe all the ones above 100 deserve there own little place where they can only veiw those at 100 or more.

ThanksI guess Texas has one fine "edumucation" system. No wonder you have not been able to reach senior status yet. After all you have been a member for 5 years already. Must be hard getting your posts rejected by Jackson.

Misfit

Golfcart
12-08-10, 23:38
1. Forum Index is impossible to read. Blue letters on blue background is not much better than white on white. The small font makes it harder. When it was designed the designer had to know. This problem has been obvious for weeks, maybe a couple of months.

2. Suddenly we don't have "Home." We have what I thought was "Home" and that is http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/ And two things about that:

A. When I leave it I can't get back to it. To restate that, it is hard to get back to it. There's no button. There's only two ways to get back: (1) Leave the site and return so it opens back up again or (2) Reenter the URL http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/. Now something is wrong in Denmark.

B. There's a list of new posts on "Home " but we can't tell the geography of any off the new posts. Strange this would be missing. Before it had what appeared to be a shorter list of what was found on "What's New" or whatever it said, and it had value but we lost "What's New" the minute we made a post so the only way to see recent posts was to go to the shorter list on "Home." But the shorter list now has no geography. I'm starting to mumble and ramble. It just isn't working as good as it did a few days ago. There's a bit of peanut and shell going on when familiar things disappear.

3. The upside of this site has included ease of navigation. There's been a step backward recently.

4. I'm looking forward to the review system when it comes.

Joinem Us
12-09-10, 00:08
1. Forum Index is impossible to read. Blue letters on blue background is not much better than white on white. The small font makes it harder. When it was designed the designer had to know. This problem has been obvious for weeks, maybe a couple of months.

2. Suddenly we don't have "Home." We have what I thought was "Home" and that is.

http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/

And two things about that:

A. When I leave it I can't get back to it. To restate that, it is hard to get back to it. There's no button. There's only two ways to get back: (1) Leave the site and return so it opens back up again or (2) Reenter the URL.

http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/.

Now something is wrong in Denmark.

B. There's a list of new posts on "Home " but we can't tell the geography of any off the new posts. Strange this would be missing. Before it had what appeared to be a shorter list of what was found on "What's New" or whatever it said, and it had value but we lost "What's New" the minute we made a post so the only way to see recent posts was to go to the shorter list on "Home." But the shorter list now has no geography. I'm starting to mumble and ramble. It just isn't working as good as it did a few days ago. There's a bit of peanut and shell going on when familiar things disappear.

3. The upside of this site has included ease of navigation. There's been a step backward recently.

4. I'm looking forward to the review system when it comes. The problem with the / forum / location is that it thinks I want to read about Orange County, CA! That Orange County page somehow slipped into the wrong site folder. But if I do click on an entry, the link at the top of the page will then take me to the other states. But when I see the states I have to find mine blue / blue!

Can we have our readability back, please? Blue / white was great!

J

Getnati
12-09-10, 00:11
What are the chances of the chat function returning? I found this very useful when two or more senior members are online at the same time and want to communicate without having to private message so many times.

Seva Lurker
12-09-10, 09:29
What are the chances of the chat function returning? I found this very useful when two or more senior members are online at the same time and want to communicate without having to private message so many times.I think a poll on the use of the chat feature may be in order.

I tried to use it a couple of different times and could not get a response. I also do not recall having ever seen anyone using the chat feature. Those times when I was logged in, the chat count in all rooms was ZERO.

It is quite possible Jackson did not include the chat as it was not really being used.

Gigabyte40
12-09-10, 20:25
When I click on the "Homepage" button on every page of USA Sex Guide,

Internet Explorer says the page cannot be found.

http://www.usasexguide.info/cmps_index.php

Golfcart
12-10-10, 18:36
Yes it does.

I pointed out just two days ago the Home button was gone. That was fixed.

I pointed out on the Home Paqe the list of recent posts didn't show geography. That was fixed.

WOW. I'm not used to people listening to me like this.

Permanent Wood
12-10-10, 19:07
I noticed the same things as you the other day, and yes, looks like they got some attention.

Was it the squeaky wheel gets the oil? I don't know, but the forum is coming along.

Looking for the 'review' feature as well. Reviews with some standard structure?

Getnati
12-11-10, 01:07
I think a poll on the use of the chat feature may be in order.

I tried to use it a couple of different times and could not get a response. I also do not recall having ever seen anyone using the chat feature. Those times when I was logged in, the chat count in all rooms was ZERO.

It is quite possible Jackson did not include the chat as it was not really being used. Where is this poll at? It should be a chat setup like facebook's where you only see your added friends.

Seva Lurker
12-11-10, 09:08
Where is this poll at? It should be a chat setup like facebook's where you only see your added friends.Considering it was a suggestion For a poll I am sure it does not yet exist.

My experience with vBulletin on other sites is that because you need to be approved to access the site, by default you can chat with anyone else who has been allowed access. So while the Facebook analogy is nice, I would not hold my breath.

Permanent Wood
12-11-10, 17:27
Is it just me or did the 22 rules for mongering vanish?

I think there was two sets of rules actually, now gone?

Misfit
12-12-10, 08:56
The Forum Index is impossible to read. Blue letters on blue background is no good. However on my cell, the Forum Index is shown with links in BLACK & blue background which is perfect on my eyes. This is not a demand, just a suggestion.

Misfit

Permanent Wood
12-13-10, 14:00
The shades of blue on blue now seem to be narrowing, wrong way with the contrast slider.

Permanent Wood
12-18-10, 10:51
Homepage>Settings>Contacts>Search (Find People on Your List)

A name can be typed in, but following, the search (little magnifying glass icon) is disabled.

Just pointing out another glitch.

Giani
12-19-10, 11:44
In the "olden days." there was a button to go to the forums to which you subscribed (do not recall exactly what the I'd was). If it is still present, it was not among all the buttons I clicked when trying to find my home SWs page (Cincinnati). NONE of the buttons take me to the forums to which I have subscribed. There MUST be a link to the subscribed forums, but it eludes me.

Call me cranky, but would someone tell me which button takes me to the forums to which I have subscribed (I. E, posted).

Sigh. Giani

Permanent Wood
12-20-10, 15:13
Giani, try clicking on "Settings" on the upper banner to the right of your user name.

User Name | Notifications | My Profile | -->SETTINGS<-- | Log Out

Skatar018
12-22-10, 10:51
Is it just me or did the 22 rules for mongering vanish?

I think there was two sets of rules actually, now gone? Not sure if you've seen the 22 Rules for Street Mongering yet, it's on the Homepage left hand side under All the Forums, it's the ninth link down.

http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/custompages.php?pageid=custompages_mongeringrules&title=22%20Rules%20for%20Street%20Mongering

Permanent Wood
12-22-10, 12:32
Skatar018, thanks.

No, I had not found it yet, either it was gone for a while, or I missed it.

Permanent Wood
12-23-10, 02:38
The Search function in all capacities seems to be defunct. Returning nothing.

Seva Lurker
12-23-10, 08:44
The Search function in all capacities seems to be defunct. Returning nothing.PW take a look at this post (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?9665-VBulletin-4.0.7-comments&p=1083065&viewfull=1#post1083065) and see if that solution helps any.

Permanent Wood
12-23-10, 09:52
I should have mentioned in my post that the 'search not working' is a NEW development. It had been working, so I was applying the same procedure and now getting no results.

(though it would be nice if I could select more than one area like Philly and South Jersey, but that is another day.I did check out your post though, and noticed this part which I've quoted. If you want to search more than one area, hold down the Ctrl key and select any other areas you want to add. You can select / deselect while the Ctrl key is held down while you scroll up and down the locations listed and clicking on your additional choices.

I will add that scrolling up / down the locations list is much easier if you have a scroll wheel on your mouse. If not, you can scroll up / down using the up / down arrow keys while holding the Ctrl key down, that will maintain your selections. Grabbing the side bar with the mouse for scrolling takes a precise hand, (it's such a small window) of course I have my mouse set on full speed.

Seva Lurker
12-23-10, 15:58
I should have mentioned in my post that the 'search not working' is a NEW development. It had been working, so I was applying the same procedure and now getting no results.

I did check out your post though, and noticed this part which I've quoted. If you want to search more than one area, hold down the Ctrl key and select any other areas you want to add. You can select / deselect while the Ctrl key is held down while you scroll up and down the locations listed and clicking on your additional choices.

I will add that scrolling up / down the locations list is much easier if you have a scroll wheel on your mouse. If not, you can scroll up / down using the up / down arrow keys while holding the Ctrl key down, that will maintain your selections. Grabbing the side bar with the mouse for scrolling takes a precise hand, (it's such a small window) of course I have my mouse set on full speed. Yep, you are right, it is not working at all. I knew the multiple tab was screwy. Now I can't even do a search on myself and get a result. .

Thanks for the 'ctrl' key, I should have thought of that one.

Seva Lurker
01-28-11, 18:42
Jackson,

I thought this had been mentioned here previously, but I don't find it in a search. So pardon if this is old news.

This current upgrade has a really serious flaw in the way it changes our posts to correct what the software thinks are grammatical errors. A couple of examples:

1. If I were to type "a/b" (this was edited to correct the software formatting) , the software will automatically add a space between the "a", the "slash" and change the 'b' to "be" so the result is "a / be".

2. When one uses something like the 'url' link code, vBulletin mangles the entire block of text. It will place a period right after the word prior to the 'url' code (the left square bracket and url=). Place the link on a new line and then any text following the the link will be on another new line with an initial cap.

For example, if I were to say.

See the forum homepage (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/index.php) for important links. The vBulletin would change (and I had to edit this part of the example to get the desired flow) this.

See the forum homepage (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/index.php)

For important links. The vBulletin would change this.

Not really what one wants (or really would expect IMHO) and a bit frustrating.

Golfcart
02-04-11, 19:02
Jackson,

I thought this had been mentioned here previously, but I don't find it in a search. So pardon if this is old news.

This current upgrade has a really serious flaw in the way it changes our posts to correct what the software thinks are grammatical errors. A couple of examples:

1. If I were to type "a / be" (this was edited to correct the software formatting) , the software will automatically add a space between the "a", the "slash" and change the 'be' to "be" so the result is "a / be".

2. When one uses something like the 'url' link code, vBulletin mangles the entire block of text. It will place a period right after the word prior to the 'url' code (the left square bracket and url=). Place the link on a new line and then any text following the the link will be on another new line with an initial cap.

For example, if I were to say.

For important links. The vBulletin would change (and I had to edit this part of the example to get the desired flow) this.

For important links. The vBulletin would change this.

Not really what one wants (or really would expect IMHO) and a bit frustrating. I think we have an option to turn that spellcheck off.

What gets me is so many panels on the board with dark blue background and darker blue letters with small fonts making it impossible to read. I'm a logical guy, at least I think so. If blue / blue is such a good idea, why isn't the whole board that way? Why isn't this message that way so nobody could read it? Why aren't road signs like "Stop" that way? Why hasn't the blue / blue been changed to something that works? A lot of people have complained.

In the early days of the upgrade people were pointing out this and that and Jackson made a post which was funny. He told everybody to stop bitching. I felt for him. But Jackson, it's time to fix this. You have 30% of he pages around here that nobody can read.

Seva Lurker
02-05-11, 08:15
I think we have an option to turn that spellcheck off. ...Golfcart, Thanks for the input, I double checked the user control panel options and I don't see a spell check option. Darn it. .

If there is one that I missed could you point out where it is. I'm sure most of us would appreciate it, I know I would.

Misfit
02-06-11, 07:37
What happen to the thumbnails when a report has more than one picture attachment? Jackson can't you tweak the new format, so I can see a preview of the pic before I click on it. Intead we have a list of links which are the file name. Have to either click on every link blindly or hunt for the thumbnails in the photo gallery. I miss the old format when it came to the thumbnail feature on the report.

Misfit

Too Jaded
02-23-11, 01:05
When trying to create a thread in this forum I get the following error:

$bbuserinfo[username], you do not have permission to view this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:Anyway, I wanted to suggest the ability to create draft PMs. The reason is that on occasion I try to send a PM to someone only to be told that their inbox is full. At this point I have only a couple options: abandon the PM I took time and effort to write, or send it to myself as a sort of 'faux draft'.

It would be nice if instead I could save the message as a draft until the user clears their inbox.

In any case you do a great job as it is, so thanks!

Golfcart
03-05-11, 09:58
When trying to create a thread in this forum I get the following error:

Anyway, I wanted to suggest the ability to create draft PMs. The reason is that on occasion I try to send a PM to someone only to be told that their inbox is full. At this point I have only a couple options: abandon the PM I took time and effort to write, or send it to myself as a sort of 'faux draft'.

It would be nice if instead I could save the message as a draft until the user clears their inbox.

In any case you do a great job as it is, so thanks! Too Jaded, set up a file in your word documents called Drafts Under Consideration. Start there when you want to post something, write what you want to say, run it though spell check and you're off to the races. It works for posts, PM's, whatever.

I do this and find it eliminates a lot of drivel coming out of my head by affording time to reflect. I can come back to it later with another idea and make it better. Whatever thread I was in may become more mature allowing me the ability to update my thoughts so when I do post / send it the thing is better. Not that what I send is any good, but it is a lot better than it would be were I to post every thought the minute it came into my head. Just my suggestion.

Misfit
04-10-11, 07:43
Why is it everytime I start clicking away or get a little momentum going, I get this message?

The bwshare module will refuse your requests for the next 48 seconds.

-

Apache / 2. 2.9 (Debian) PHP / 5. 2.6-1+lenny6 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl / 2. 2.9 OpenSSL / 0. 9.8g mod_bwshare / 0. 2.1 Server at www.usasexguide.info Port 80.

I click on a link about every 10 sec. When I go fast. Sometimes it takes me longer. But I still get a time out by the server, shit is annoying.

Misfit

Giani
04-10-11, 09:42
The Photo Gallery, one of my favorite features of USASG, has become over run by (often lame) advertising pictures of self-promoting providers. Unfortunately, these now represent the majority of pictures being posted and shown on the Photo Gallery. Frankly, I don't care if I NEVER see these pix. The REAL value of the USASG is the information that mongers post to share, including pictures they take along with reviews of providers.

The current flood of 'advertising' pix of providers should be stemmed in some way or another because the valuable pix taken by mongers are getting lost in the tsunami.

I would propose two possible solutions:

1) Eliminate ALL advertising pix by providers. This would be an easy step merely by requiring all pix to be submitted by mongers themselves. Images of providers "at work" (not just posing for advertising) would still be possible: providers could request such pix to be taken by mongers during a date. This would also eliminate stolen pix, falsely presented as the provider

2) Short of eliminating these advertising pix, a separate Photo Gallery for providers might be created so that they are not locked out of posting, but their self-promoting pix would not flood out monger pix.

JACKSON: Do you have an opinion on this, and how difficult would it be to create a second Photo Gallery?

Ufriend2912
04-19-11, 13:17
Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.

Nashville TN threads are taking 24 hours to post, or longer sometimes. Why? I can understand a moderator screening for commercial, but when someone's asking or answering open questions, why is it taking a day or more for those items to post in the thread?

Seva Lurker
04-19-11, 15:46
Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.

Nashville TN threads are taking 24 hours to post, or longer sometimes. Why? I can understand a moderator screening for commercial, but when someone's asking or answering open questions, why is it taking a day or more for those items to post in the thread? It could be because the members are 'regular' rather than 'senior' members in the forum. ALL, I repeat ALL, regular member messages are reviewed prior to posting. This is Jackson's policy.

Once you've obtained senior status, your posts will appear immediately.

Jackson has several reasons for his reviews. One is to stop serial spammers and another is to catch previously banned members who try to sign up under another name.

WolfKing
04-25-11, 02:08
As directed not to use the "color scheme thread". Can we please get more contrast for those of us with older eyes. The blue on blue is driving me crazy. Short drive and yes I could probably walk, but please change this. I would think it would be an easy fix. Or am I over-simplifying this?

WK

Permanent Wood
07-04-11, 15:13
Looks like the color scheme for the forums has gotten a tweaking for the better, dark blue on an off-white / light grey background, much better.

And, the photo attachments now show up as thumbnails which is a big improvement over simply showing as links. I like how multiple photos uploaded to a single post can be scrolled through with an arrow, nice touch.

-

However, the Hotlinks under All The Forums (Front Page) are not only not working, they appear to be for a totally different website, The International Sex Guide, not this USA Sex Guide!

There is also a link for the USA Sex Guide where the link used to be for the International Sex Guide, that isn't right.

I also remember reading there was going to be a dedicated "Escort Review" section to the board, but haven't heard any developments concerning it.

I've also noticed it's damn near impossible to get a post removed through request, I've tried several times on certain postings to no avail.

Davidonecall
07-04-11, 15:55
I was wondering what happen. I use to click on this and read my pm but I can't now. Is this due from the upgrade or is it just me. Thanks.

Otter Trax
07-04-11, 16:46
WOW! This is so much crisper and easier on the eyes for navigating the site.

Well done and many thanks.

Brilliant.

O T

Davidonecall
07-04-11, 16:57
I was wondering what happen. I use to click on this and read my pm but I can't now. Is this due from the upgrade or is it just me. Thanks.Ok after I posted in less then 5 min and now It's working, thanks.

Golfcart
07-04-11, 19:04
(edit delete)I also remember reading there was going to be a dedicated "Escort Review" section to the board, but haven't heard any developments concerning it.(edit delete)I agree 100%.

"E" is gone and Big Canine is a dead dog with maybe three reviews a day for the entire country for crying out loud.

USASG is the premier national board and positioned to own the hobby if it only had a quality review side and by that I mean a structured review side. This business of "I saw Miss Lovely Boobs and left happy" is not a review. Anyone who has only been here has no idea what a review is supposed to include. Maybe things are too hot to run a review side. Probably are. I hope not.

Looks like the color scheme for the forums has gotten a tweaking for the better, dark blue on an off-white / light grey background, much better. (edit delete) Yes, much improved. It's readable now.

Ron47
07-05-11, 09:39
A VAST improvement over the old system, thank you again!

Mikey2K
07-06-11, 17:40
A VAST improvement over the old system, thank you again!Agree! A thanks from me too for the new look. It's much easier on the eyes.

Seva Lurker
07-08-11, 07:59
Jackson,

I really do like the upgrade, the colors are much easier. Thanks again.

However, like the last upgrade, the 'abbreviations' link at the top of the page has gone missing. That is very handy (though we can still get there through the front page tab).

Thanks for all the work you put into keeping both boards going.

Permanent Wood
07-08-11, 17:51
The board has an "Auto Save" feature built into it now, seems new to me anyway. It works in composing a private message, AND in composing a normal post to the forum. A yellow "Auto-Saved" pop-up appears in the lower right-hand corner of the report field about every minute. Once auto-saved, you can close out the page. And if you return to that specific thread and click "Submit Report" the option to restore the Auto-Saved Content is in the lower left-hand part of the message form. Just click. How nice.

Misfit
07-10-11, 07:30
Jackson, the colors on the new board look sharp. Good work.

Misfit

Permanent Wood
08-19-11, 19:54
When you choose a state, and click on an area (usually a city) , the threads for that area / city are missing the number of views for each thread, PLUS, the whole listing of threads is fucked up / disheveled. Like for instance, long thread titles extend right on top of the number of photos. The most recent timestamps are not in a line anymore either like they used to be.

This site is the most stripped of any features I know of, any reason so many features are disabled and missing?

Seva Lurker
08-20-11, 07:21
When you choose a state, and click on an area (usually a city) , the threads for that area / city are missing the number of views for each thread, PLUS, the whole listing of threads is fucked up / disheveled. Like for instance, long thread titles extend right on top of the number of photos. The most recent timestamps are not in a line anymore either like they used to be.

This site is the most stripped of any features I know of, any reason so many features are disabled and missing?PW, Which (if either) of the two attached screen captures are you seeing? I am using Firefox with the 'block reported attack sites' unchecked. The view I get is the less cluttered one.

Rereading your post, I also went out to a specific state (CA) and captured part of the state info, no number of views, but number of reports. I also went to a specific city (LA) and captured part of that display. There is one long line for a title with continued pages. There is a line break and the number of photos isn't blocked.

I'm not trying to be ugly with you, but from reports I've been reading, the messed up views seem to be localized. Some viewers are suffering (like you) and others seem to have minimal issues.

What would really help is to provide some additional information on what you are using. Browser type (e. G, IE, Firefox, Chrome) , PC or MAC, any AV or other spam blocking SW (which may consider this site SPAM).

When I go out and check the 'block reported attack sites' I get (after bypassing the warning every time) the trash in the second capture. I blame that on Googles 'safe search' feature.

Jackson, there is one point I do agree with PW on. The date and time of the most recent post is truncated. All I see is the first two digits of the time.

Permanent Wood
08-21-11, 05:52
It's not as neat and tidy as it used to be, makes it hard to read and the number of views is missing. At top it says "Threads 1 to 4 of 4" which isn't correct either. Something happened and it's not a site improvement so thought it was worth mentioning. Trying different browsers etc, made no difference.

Beady
08-21-11, 07:08
Not certain why yours looks like that, just logged into that page and my view is fine. Using Firefox. Maybe something in your settings for the computer. I'm using a 17" laptop.

Beady.

It's not as neat and tidy as it used to be, makes it hard to read and the number of views is missing. At top it says "Threads 1 to 4 of 4" which isn't correct either. Something happened and it's not a site improvement so thought it was worth mentioning. Trying different browsers etc, made no difference.

Misfit
08-21-11, 07:27
Why is it everytime I start clicking away or get a little momentum going, I get this message?

The bwshare module will refuse your requests for the next 48 seconds.

-

Apache / 2. 2.9 (Debian) PHP / 5. 2.6-1+lenny6 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl / 2. 2.9 OpenSSL / 0. 9.8g mod_bwshare / 0. 2.1 Server at.

www.usasexguide.info

Port 80.

I click on a link about every 10 sec. When I go fast. Sometimes it takes me longer. But I still get a time out by the server, shit is annoying.

MisfitJust wanted to let you know, with the new server upgrade Version 4. 1.4

I no longer experience the problem I posted a few months ago. Thanks dude.

Misfit

Permanent Wood
10-01-11, 00:20
This site is the most stripped of any features I know of, any reason so many features are disabled and missing?And now the "View Member Profile" has been stripped of all but the number of posts -- eliminating a KEY feature in doing any kind of recon on unknown members.

Misfit
10-02-11, 06:56
And now the "View Member Profile" has been stripped of all but the number of posts -- eliminating a KEY feature in doing any kind of recon on unknown members.The only stats that are in the Member Profile right now is number of posts. This is what I use to find out who is a Senior member & who is a Newbie. Please Jackson fix the problem so we can see all the info that was provided to us before. Join Date, # of posts, member status.

Misfit

TwistedBrother
10-06-11, 11:16
I've noticed this, too; also missing the posts per day feature, which is a personal favorite. Please fix, Jackson, thanks.

MinoTaurus
10-06-11, 12:34
A couple things I've noticed also that I would propose slight tweaking:

1) As misfit noted a couple months ago, the BW_SHARE module (apache module I assume) that is implemented, presumably to mitigate abuse of bandwidth by bots and scripts is, in my opinion, a little too harsh. Perhaps the settings on this can be tweaked a little to allow for a little bit faster / more frequent HTTP Requests. I've noticed it kicking in when browsing through the photo gallery. I understand the need for this type of bandwidth mitigation module on a website, however in my opinion its current settings are a little too much of a hammer. I think halving the settings would be a good start.

2) Allowable search frequency maximum is once per minute. Again, I understand this is a necessary evil to mitigate against abuse of the DB and webserver resources. But, presumably abuse is again most often by scripts / bots. And they will execute searches and query attempts on the order of multiple per second. By making a constraint any more than one search per 15 or 20 seconds. I think you are not doing anything but aggravating users. I think a little too big of a hammer is used in this case. Perhaps this can be tweaked? Perhaps allowing a search once per 15 or 20 seconds?

Humble suggestions. Thanks

TwistedBrother
10-13-11, 10:40
Are you there, Jackson? Can you help us with these things? Thanks!

I've noticed this, too; also missing the posts per day feature, which is a personal favorite. Please fix, Jackson, thanks.

Cartog
10-13-11, 21:24
Are you there, Jackson? Can you help us with these things? Thanks!I too am a bit unhappy that the join date and last login date have been removed from the View Profile display of a user. It was nice to be able to use this tidbit of information to help gauge how long and how active a user is in the forum. I suspect that this information removal was done for "privacy" concerns for the members, but it would be nice to get a statement from the Administrator and/or Jackson. If this is the case, I wonder how many members complained about this information being displayed.

Giani
10-14-11, 08:46
I posted this on the Cincinnati Forum where posters are questioning the removal of join date (etc) from posts. I know that Jackson would rather have these discussion here, so I am reposting it:

"Join date violates privacy? Really?

This change baffles me. How is "join date" MORE of a violation of privacy that listing the total number of posts? Or for that matter, archiving all posts made by a member. If we are petitioning Jackson to restore join date, sign me up.

We have received multiple assurances at the high powered fire wall of penetration into the inner files of USASG to prevent LE from using them against individual mongers (still got fingers crossed on this) , so wouldn't this cover the issue of join date? \"

Giani.

I too am a bit unhappy that the join date and last login date have been removed from the View Profile display of a user. It was nice to be able to use this tidbit of information to help gauge how long and how active a user is in the forum. I suspect that this information removal was done for "privacy" concerns for the members, but it would be nice to get a statement from the Administrator and/or Jackson. If this is the case, I wonder how many members complained about this information being displayed.

Seva Lurker
10-14-11, 15:44
I posted this on the Cincinnati Forum where posters are questioning the removal of join date (etc) from posts. I know that Jackson would rather have these discussion here, so I am reposting it:

"Join date violates privacy? Really?

This change baffles me. How is "join date" MORE of a violation of privacy that listing the total number of posts? Or for that matter, archiving all posts made by a member. If we are petitioning Jackson to restore join date, sign me up.

We have received multiple assurances at the high powered fire wall of penetration into the inner files of USASG to prevent LE from using them against individual mongers (still got fingers crossed on this) , so wouldn't this cover the issue of join date? \"

Giani.I too would like to see the 'join date' reinstated. If there are privacy issues with LE getting to the information. There is other information (not out there publicly) that would be more dangerous than when one signed up on the forum. Our personal email (in one form or another) is in the records.

Skatar018
10-15-11, 00:06
I too would like to see the 'join date' reinstated. If there are privacy issues with LE getting to the information. There is other information (not out there publicly) that would be more dangerous than when one signed up on the forum. Our personal email (in one form or another) is in the records.Please read this & share it around the other boards: www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?5446-Prevent-LE-from-reading-forums&p=965107&viewfull=1#post965107

So from the point of view of LE getting your information from here legally it can't & won't be done by this site.

As far as LE getting the information ilegally from the site & using it against you in a court of law I doubt is obtainable, as first they would have to prove & establish that you & the screen name poster are one in the same. Second, as the server is in Germany where this activity is legall & it's owned by a South American corporation & having obtained the information ilegally I doubt it would be or could enter as admissible evidence.

Though I could see how LE could use it to harass you if they can associate you with a specific poster.

I am not a lawyer & if you are having issues with LE then I would suggest you consult a lawyer.

Have fun stay safe

Seva Lurker
10-15-11, 08:23
Please read this & share it around the other boards:

www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?5446-Prevent-LE-from-reading-forums&p=965107&viewfull=1#post965107

So from the point of view of LE getting your information from here legally it can't & won't be done by this site.

As far as LE getting the information ilegally from the site & using it against you in a court of law I doubt is obtainable, as first they would have to prove & establish that you & the screen name poster are one in the same. Second, as the server is in Germany where this activity is legall & it's owned by a South American corporation & having obtained the information ilegally I doubt it would be or could enter as admissible evidence.

Though I could see how LE could use it to harass you if they can associate you with a specific poster.

I am not a lawyer & if you are having issues with LE then I would suggest you consult a lawyer.

Have fun stay safeI am not having LE problems. I was just pointing out that if there are concerns about privacy and privacy regarding LE, it is not the "join date" that I'd be concerned about. When we join we provide other information that could be used by LE IF LE were to obtain it LEGALLY.

Golfcart
10-15-11, 10:26
Let's stop trying to tell Jackson the join date doesn't impact our security and he should bring it back. It isn't going to work. No need to ask why. He isn't going to tell us. Jackson has a perspective much wider and has forgot more about this than we will ever know.

Mister Quick
10-17-11, 14:00
Have tried to hit several pages and the entire contents of the page is:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape.