PDA

View Full Version : Tips for monger phone

Bronsonator
08-17-10, 18:38
I'm in the market for an anonymous monger cell. What do you equipment and system do you recommend?

JimmyPage
08-17-10, 19:29
I'm in the market for an anonymous monger cell. What do you equipment and system do you recommend?I have had luck with the net-10 phones from Walmart. For 30 bucks you get the phone and 300 minutes, it's untraceable and disposable. The authorities are trying to get it and others like it banned for these very reasons.

Peace,

Jimmy

The Tall Man
08-17-10, 21:37
I'm in the market for an anonymous monger cell. What do you equipment and system do you recommend?Hands down its the TracPhone. I have been using mine for a number of years. You can pick them up for about $25.00 at the local 7-11 (or Target)along with the prepaid cards.

The battery is excellent and I get better coverage on it than I do on my business cell.

The Tall Man

Livinitup
08-18-10, 02:33
I got a used Blackberry phone. It is Quad band so it can be used internationally.
Also it has Wifi so I can surf the net and check this board and my email from the phone, even before I activated it!

I paid $30 for the used phone.
To activate it I paid $10 bucks for the sim card.
$10 for the phone minutes that are roll-over and renewable every 90 days.

Paid a total of $50 cash, and made up a false name; now I got a really cool untraceable monger play phone!

Life is good...

Bronsonator
09-11-10, 12:49
Got tipped by a friend to the joys of using google voice instead of a monger phone. Interesting (and free) possibilities there. Still experimenting.

Bronsonator
07-15-11, 10:49
Ok- it's been nearly a year, and I'm revisiting getting and using a monger phone. Anything new in this realm, any new devices or services? Looking for cheap, easily renewable, occasional use, text and voice only, no service plan or contract.

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom and experiences.

BladeRunner556
07-15-11, 12:46
Ok- it's been nearly a year, and I'm revisiting getting and using a monger phone. Anything new in this realm, any new devices or services? Looking for cheap, easily renewable, occasional use, text and voice only, no service plan or contract.

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom and experiences.I prefer Page Plus' $30 / month plan that has 1200 minutes. 2k text / MMS messages. 100MB data. They also have an unlimited talk & text for $45. The reason I like it is because it works with Verizon phones. I have a cheap clam shell phone that I bought used. You could try Metro PCS, but I hear their coverage is terrible.

Option 2 is Google Voice. You can use your own phone and disable it when you don't want calls or texts to come thru. There is an App for most smartphones, too.

Baldy Cruiser
07-15-11, 12:48
Hands down its the TracPhone. I have been using mine for a number of years. You can pick them up for about $25. 00 at the local 7-11 (or Target) along with the prepaid cards.

The battery is excellent and I get better coverage on it than I do on my business cell.

The Tall ManThat's what I use. I love it.

BALDY CRUISER :)

Jbond888
07-15-11, 18:50
Hands down its the TracPhone. I have been using mine for a number of years. You can pick them up for about $25. 00 at the local 7-11 (or Target) along with the prepaid cards.

The Tall ManI've been using TracPhone for more than a year and it works for me.

When I first got it from Target, it came with Free Double Mins. Offer. So everytime I purchase a new mins. Card, I get double minutes.

Bronsonator
07-15-11, 20:58
So do I have to buy a new card every 60 or 90 days or whatever? I just want to buy more minutes or texts when I exhaust mine, do they have a time frame expiration too? So I have to make sure I buy one of these cards and reactivate the phone every X number of days?

What happens if my minutes expire, can the phone stay dormant for a few weeks or months longer and I can just reactivate it with a new card or do I have to reactivate the whole fuckin phone and service?

Thanks for the info guys!

Baldy Cruiser
07-15-11, 21:05
So do I have to buy a new card every 60 or 90 days or whatever? I just want to buy more minutes or texts when I exhaust mine, do they have a time frame expiration too? So I have to make sure I buy one of these cards and reactivate the phone every X number of days?

What happens if my minutes expire, can the phone stay dormant for a few weeks or months longer and I can just reactivate it with a new card or do I have to reactivate the whole fuckin phone and service?

Thanks for the info guys!Phone can sit dormant for months. Card can be refilled at 7/11. They just slide it at register & add more money on it. It instantly goes on phone.

BALDY CRUISER :)

Bronsonator
07-20-11, 08:51
Thanks guys, I'm digging my qwerty tracfone!

Plastique
07-20-11, 22:06
Another vote of confidence for the TracPhone. Cheap, easy to activate and use, and small enough to hide in the tool compartment of the trunk. And it has a camera for those extra paranoid girls.

Sonicus
07-21-11, 14:05
Also a cool thing to do is to get a metropcs phone with a fake name they do not check I'd's so no one can track you and on the side get a google voice mail so no one will ever know your real number.

Bronsonator
07-22-11, 08:53
Sonicus,

No one knows my name with the Tracfone, I just had to make up a zipcode so they could assign me a number. I dint cre who has that phones numbers, its a total stash phone.