PDA

View Full Version : News and Media Reports

Admin
12-31-99, 20:00

ZenExecutive
08-26-13, 16:27
Does anyone know the details of how these stings are set up?

I try to avoid any ads from BP that are too tame. I can't imagine how an ad from the vice squad with scantily clad women, nudity and suggestive language wouldn't be considered entrapment but I don't know. Any advice besides only use women that have been reviewed?

Norfolk undersheriff charged in prostitution sting.

Search more cities | Crime Line | DataPilot.

By Patrick Wilson.

The Virginian-Pilot.

© August 26, 2013

NORFOLK.

The No. 2 man in the Sheriff's Office was charged in a police prostitution sting on Friday.

Col. Norman Hughey, who has been with the office for 34 years, was placed on paid, personal leave, according to a news release from Sheriff Bob McCabe.

McCabe said he would wait until the case was adjudicated in court before making a decision on Hughey's employment status.

City police made prostitution arrests Friday at a hotel on Northampton Boulevard. Police did not immediately offer details in response to a request for information on Hughey, who was written a misdemeanor summons for solicitation of prostitution.

When reached Monday afternoon, Hughey declined to comment.

The Norfolk Police Vice & Narcotics Unit has been aggressive about arresting prostitutes and conducting stings in the city's hotels.

George H
08-27-13, 16:35

I try to avoid any ads from BP that are too tame. I can't imagine how an ad from the vice squad with scantily clad women, nudity and suggestive language wouldn't be considered entrapment but I don't know. Any advice besides only use women that have been reviewed?

By Patrick Wilson.

The Virginian-Pilot.

© August 26, 2013

NORFOLK.

The No. 2 man in the Sheriff's Office was charged in a police prostitution sting on Friday.

Col. Norman Hughey, who has been with the office for 34 years, was placed on paid, personal leave, according to a news release from Sheriff Bob McCabe.

McCabe said he would wait until the case was adjudicated in court before making a decision on Hughey's employment status.

City police made prostitution arrests Friday at a hotel on Northampton Boulevard. Police did not immediately offer details in response to a request for information on Hughey, who was written a misdemeanor summons for solicitation of prostitution.

The Norfolk Police Vice & Narcotics Unit has been aggressive about arresting prostitutes and conducting stings in the city's hotels.I think he let the wrong head do the thinking and never did his homework. It is easy to search a phone number and read the posters ads & reviews.

Vbgent4u2c
08-27-13, 18:11
Well two good rules are:

#1 Stay away from Backpage.

#2 Stay the HELL away from any ladies on Northampton Blvd!

By Patrick Wilson.

The Virginian-Pilot.

© August 26, 2013

NORFOLK.

The Norfolk Police Vice & Narcotics Unit has been aggressive about arresting prostitutes and conducting stings in the city's hotels.

Hubbali666
08-28-13, 17:11
Northampton Blvd is a LE trap zone stay away.

Hubbali666
08-28-13, 17:29
Well two good rules are:

#1 Stay away from Backpage.

#2 Stay the HELL away from any ladies on Northampton Blvd!Your right it's a hot zone for LE to bust punters, cops use women backpage sites to set you up!

Lawnman
08-30-13, 13:58
Your right it's a hot zone for LE to bust punters, cops use women backpage sites to set you up!Portsmouth had a sting last night as well busted four according to the news. No details yet. Also stay away from Military Highway and by all means don't even bother with Newport News.

Just757
07-18-14, 18:33
http://wavy.com/2014/07/18/norfolk-detective-charged-for-soliciting-prostitution/

MetalHead63
02-07-15, 08:46
http://wydaily.com/2015/02/07/three-york-county-men-arrested-in-newport-news-prostitution-sweep?cat=localnews/

SaltyDog2016
01-12-17, 18:10
http://www.13newsnow.com/mb/news/local/mycity/norfolk/armed-person-barricaded-in-norfolk/385474240

Damn, I hope no one was here getting their dream on! It may last longer than expected, or get cut really short! LOL.