PDA

View Full Version : Strip Club Reports

Admin
12-31-99, 20:00

HWilson
02-17-12, 11:06
I made a stop by Whispers in Williston, ND this week. For those that remember, there was a big article recently on how the Williston strip clubs were bringing ladies in from Vegas. So, I expected the talent to be phenomenal. Well, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't Vegas. There were 5 girls dancing that night. Two were cute, white mid-western girls, one was chunky, one was African American and one was Asian. All in all a pretty good mix for whatever floats your boat. Lap dances were $20 and were performed in a small room towards the back. The dances weren't private, so if your buddy was getting one you could high-five him during the event. Contact seemed to be up to the girl. House rules would say no contact, but there seemed to be some discretion. At best though, it was thigh rubbing and butt squeezing. At worst, there was no contact and you had to "grip the chair legs". The beer was cold and not outrageously priced.

All in all, it's a good time. Don't go expecting something reminiscent of the Gold Club in Atlanta though.

Photographer
04-22-12, 20:27
I made a stop by Whispers in Williston, ND this week. For those that remember, there was a big article recently on how the Williston strip clubs were bringing ladies in from Vegas. So, I expected the talent to be phenomenal. Well, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't Vegas. There were 5 girls dancing that night. Two were cute, white mid-western girls, one was chunky, one was African American and one was Asian. All in all a pretty good mix for whatever floats your boat. Lap dances were $20 and were performed in a small room towards the back. The dances weren't private, so if your buddy was getting one you could high-five him during the event. Contact seemed to be up to the girl. House rules would say no contact, but there seemed to be some discretion. At best though, it was thigh rubbing and butt squeezing. At worst, there was no contact and you had to "grip the chair legs". The beer was cold and not outrageously priced.

All in all, it's a good time. Don't go expecting something reminiscent of the Gold Club in Atlanta though.Whispers usually has six girls booked. Occasionally more if they screw up and double book a week. The girls are paid a base by the club, and then whatever they can make on the "stage" and doing privates (the club takes $5, so the girl only makes $15 per dance). The place is not very big, so any more than six girls and they start having to fight for customers. After a few stories hit national news about the fantastic amount of money to be made in Williston, girls started flocking in from all over the country. In reality; some girls do very well, some do OK, and some barely break even due the very high cost of housing (if they can find it at all). Many dancers no-show once they discover that there is no place to stay. Girls used to be able to book in for a week every three months and often work an extra week for tips (no base). Now that the word is out all over the country, the club has several hundred dancers on a waiting list and will only book a girl for one week a year. The negative to that is that there are quite a few girls who had been coming in to Whispers frequently for years. They had developed regular customers who would treat them very well, and they had friends in town to stay with. Now they can only get in for one week a year. I happened to be in there visiting a couple of my dancer friends one evening last summer when NBC TV was there doing a story about all the money the girls were making. The girls were laughing about the story, and wishing that it were true.

Photographer
04-23-12, 23:33
Heartbreakers is a newer strip club in Williston, opening about a year and a half ago. It is located next door to Whispers, both on south Main in Williston next to the Amtrak depot. The two clubs are completely different. Whispers is a local institution and locally owned. Heartbreakers is owned by out of state interests and even though it is much smaller than Whispers, it usually runs about 12 dancers which the club rotates in from LA and Vegas as well as other parts of the country. Heartbreakers has a cover after about 7:00 PM, no cover at Whispers. Heartbreakers makes a lame attempt at pretending to be a Gentleman's Club, but it's nothing more than an over crowded oil field strip club with three booths for semi-privates. As at Whispers, the privates are $20. Bouncers are on hand to enforce the no touching rule, and the bouncers there tend to be a bit power crazy and it is not unusual for them to start fights with club patrons. Generally the police need to be called in at least one or two night a week to break up a fight, and it's not unusual for people to end up in the hospital.

Heartbreakers generally runs about 12 girls, but on a busy night it is not uncommon to see 18-20 girls working the crowd. The extra girls are not trying to get dances, so it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out what is going on. Dancer or not, the Black girls from Milwaukee are almost always hookers. The Black Girls from Minneapolis are usually hookers. White or Asian may or may not be, no matter where they come from.

Due to the numerous problems coming out of that club, LE keeps a close eye on on the place. They may not be an obvious presence in a marked car or an officer in uniform, but they are watching.

Photographer
07-02-12, 16:06
I was in the club quite often over the past week and it is much the same as it always has been, however they are now VERY strict on the no touching rule during lap dances. I just hold on to the chair and enjoy. Some of the girls gave absolutely amazing dances, some were a waste of a $20. I can not recommend anyone because any girl in there last week will not be in there for at least another year. The internet rumors about girls making 3 or 4K a night have hurt the place. Now every stripper in North America is trying to get booked into Williston. In reality, the girls are doing about $350-500 a night, with a few doing $750 once in a while. Apparently they now have a cover charge on Friday and Saturday nights, but I've been going there so long that they let me walk on in, so I can't tell you what the cover is.

Occasionally there are a few people associated with the club next door who will hassle customers going in or out of Whispers. This generally occurs on nights when the police are busy on the other end of town. Whispers staff tell me it's a growing problem.

Photographer
07-02-12, 16:19
This is a pretty good club unfortunately they only have dancers Thursday-Saturday nights. It is hit and miss with the girls. Since it is only 3 nights of work they have a difficult time getting girls in from outside the area. However I happened to hit a good night and the girl was amazing. The cover is $10, privates are $20 before 10:00 PM, $30 after 10:00. The girls do not start dancing until 8:00 PM, so try to get in there between 8 and 10 PM.

On the opposite end of the building is an amazing steak house. So show up a bit early, have a steak and a beer, and then wander down to the dance section at 8:00.