PDA

View Full Version : News and Media Reports

Admin
12-31-99, 20:00

Magikal Massag
02-22-14, 22:18
*Note. This information was distributed in a press release on 02/19/14.

In September of 2013, the Colorado Springs Police Department was contacted by an individual who believed his teenage daughter may be involved in juvenile prostitution. After a complex human trafficking investigation was completed, it was determined that several juvenile females from Colorado Springs were being trafficked across the Front Range. After recovering two juvenile females and identifying the individuals involved, probable cause was developed for the arrest of KAVION LYDELL POWELL, 28 years old.

It was determined during the investigation that POWELL participated in advertising the juvenile females for commercial sex acts, transporting them to complete the sex acts and collecting money as a result. On Friday, February 14th, 2014, Detectives collaborated with our partners at the Federal Bureau of Investigation and located POWELL in south Colorado Springs. POWELL was taken into custody on the following charges related to this case: Inducement of Child Prostitution, a Class 3 Felony; Soliciting for Child Prostitution, a Class 3 Felony; Procurement of a Child, a Class 3 Felony; Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor, a Class 4 Felony.

Pdxor97
12-16-20, 12:27
https://krdo.com/news/2020/12/15/colorado-springs-massage-parlor-owner-arrested-for-prostitution-charges/

Grubman
12-16-20, 15:04
https://krdo.com/news/2020/12/15/colorado-springs-massage-parlor-owner-arrested-for-prostitution-charges/

GilfHunter
12-16-20, 19:42
They premise the investigation with human trafficking but at the end there is no trafficking just prostitution charges. Waste of taxpayer money. Another vicitmless crime. But enjoy that legal weed tho. Idiots.

Bronc0
12-17-20, 10:58
They premise the investigation with human trafficking but at the end there is no trafficking just prostitution charges. Waste of taxpayer money. Another vicitmless crime. But enjoy that legal weed tho. Idiots.I saw it on the news. The problem is, that place is a HJ only place. If they were serious they wouldn't target it.

Grubman
12-17-20, 11:10
I saw it on the news. The problem is, that place is a HJ only place. If they were serious they wouldn't target it.They probably went after it to appease one of the other businesses nearby.

I wonder how they got "numerous tips" that sex acts were being offered. I've never been outright offered anything there. Probably several cops went there and got a handy.

Bronc0
12-19-20, 11:31
They probably went after it to appease one of the other businesses nearby.

I wonder how they got "numerous tips" that sex acts were being offered. I've never been outright offered anything there. Probably several cops went there and got a handy.There's a video on the KRDO webpage with all the info. Apparently one of the girls offered a sex act to an undercover and they busted the owner for pimping and money laundering and treated the girl like she was trafficked. They really went after that dude, and yes they had a business owner from the same strip mall on there bitching about why the police just can't go shut these places down.

Bronc0
03-24-21, 14:33
The same crew is going after city council members to try and shame them into passing local laws to shut down the asian spas.

They are going to interview them on camera and play it on the news and the website.

On another note 99 Massage, you know the one with mostly clothes on out in the open massage chairs, has had one of their male masseurs busted for sexual assault. This basically means someone reported him for some kind of touching that the person didn't like. It's hard to believe a place like that would have this happen.

Dudes, you might want to keep an eye out for the news crews hanging outside the spas. They haven't been showing the customers faces yet.

Savage Johnson
03-24-21, 15:38
You would think that will all of the so called Asian "hate" happening right now, KRDO would lighten up on harassing the spas.

The same crew is going after city council members to try and shame them into passing local laws to shut down the asian spas.

They are going to interview them on camera and play it on the news and the website.

On another note 99 Massage, you know the one with mostly clothes on out in the open massage chairs, has had one of their male masseurs busted for sexual assault. This basically means someone reported him for some kind of touching that the person didn't like. It's hard to believe a place like that would have this happen.

Dudes, you might want to keep an eye out for the news crews hanging outside the spas. They haven't been showing the customers faces yet.

Phred
03-25-21, 16:44
Now they say "Illicit Spas Hiding in plain sight" instead of "Asian Spas Hiding in plain sight".

Phred.

Bronc0
03-26-21, 10:01
Now they say "Illicit Spas Hiding in plain sight" instead of "Asian Spas Hiding in plain sight".

Phred.Sounds like they may be covering their ass for libel because some of the asian spas are not illicit and this has already been a smear on them.

Twocha
04-14-21, 18:40
Has anyone been following the news for this "crack-down" that's been going on lately? I saw a local news station stating they were going to play the meetings live but work doesn't allow much time to follow anything these days.

Bronc0
01-03-22, 10:59
Has anyone been following the news for this "crack-down" that's been going on lately? I saw a local news station stating they were going to play the meetings live but work doesn't allow much time to follow anything these days.Most everybody is probably aware that Rose Spa was busted by undercover getting an offer from one of the women working there. The owner was charged and the woman was taken away as a sex trafficking witness. A few weeks ago there was a story on KRDO on the owners day in court but the trial was postponed. Apparently the woman was flown back in for the trial but will have to come back again. Energy spa is still owned by the same guy and it has been closed for more than a week. It will be interesting to see what happens here.

Savage Johnson
05-10-22, 23:59
City ordinance passed today to crack down on "illicit" spas. KRDO opened with this 10 min story on their 6 pm newscast.

https://youtu.be/_MZ952bJ6fc

Bronc0
05-11-22, 10:36
City ordinance passed today to crack down on "illicit" spas. KRDO opened with this 10 min story on their 6 pm newscast.

https://youtu.be/_MZ952bJ6fcThe main thing is it gives the police or code enforcement the ability to visit a shop and inspect them for any number of violations. They have to have the new city license for the business and they have to have on file each workers massage therapy license. They can inspect the entire shop to look for signs of someone living there, which is another cause to be shut down. Included with the license application is a floor plan of the entire space. I don't know if they are going to barge into rooms where massages are being given, or more likely the ladies would bail and your massage and everything else is shot. Advertising cannot be "suggestive" of anything involving adult services, so it will be interesting to see where that goes.

You can see how this will make it harder for most places to stay open.

I'll bet a few will move east of Powers outside the city. And the question is then will the county take up the same ordinance.

It doesn't take effect until Sept 1st so it will be interesting to see the changes made in the shops in this period. I think you will always be better off visiting a place with double doors, if you know what I mean LOL.

Max #01
05-14-22, 13:20
I've seen this kind of thing in other places. The end result is that you'll see licenses on the wall and signs like "Absolutely No Sexual Activity Permitted" in the rooms. They will also be careful to remove any visible signs that any of the girls are living there. As others have noted, it's a lot easier for city fathers & mothers to use administrative means to shut down an AMP than it is to engage in LE activity.

Bronc0
05-19-22, 09:46
I've seen this kind of thing in other places. The end result is that you'll see licenses on the wall and signs like "Absolutely No Sexual Activity Permitted" in the rooms. They will also be careful to remove any visible signs that any of the girls are living there. As others have noted, it's a lot easier for city fathers & mothers to use administrative means to shut down an AMP than it is to engage in LE activity.More news on this front is El Paso county has sent a proposed bill to the Governors office for review that would allow counties to regulate businesses with ordinances like the one just passed in Colorado Springs. Currently county governments cannot do that. If something like that was passed it would be a big deal.

SJones330
06-17-22, 07:48
Did any of you mongers smash Bohbert? I mean, she's cute. Maybe one of you dogs got lucky? LOL!

Max #01
06-17-22, 13:04
Did any of you mongers smash Bohbert? I mean, she's cute. Maybe one of you dogs got lucky? LOL!Back in the Baltimore / DC area, we have Kim Klacik, a former stripper at a club in Baltimore. She had a killer political ad, but she was crazy to think that a Republican could win anything in Baltimore.

https://youtu.be/L9wDawEM6wc

SJones330
06-20-22, 11:27
Back in the Baltimore / DC area, we have Kim Klacik, a former stripper at a club in Baltimore. She had a killer political ad, but she was crazy to think that a Republican could win anything in Baltimore.

https://youtu.be/L9wDawEM6wcLOL, she's doing the same walk as Bohbert does in her ads as well. Man, whoever got to taste these cuties really are lucky:.).

Twocha
12-05-22, 12:52
Has she since gone UTR! Do any of you lucky mongers have digits to share. ?

https://gazette.com/news/crime/colorado-springs-police-bust-adult-entertainment-party-massage-parlor-owner-arrested/article_c428061e-2130-11ec-8514-b7946b98b17a.html

That handle sounds familiar but I don't think I ever pursued.

Bronc0
12-07-22, 12:03
Has she since gone UTR! Do any of you lucky mongers have digits to share. ?

https://gazette.com/news/crime/colorado-springs-police-bust-adult-entertainment-party-massage-parlor-owner-arrested/article_c428061e-2130-11ec-8514-b7946b98b17a.html

That handle sounds familiar but I don't think I ever pursued.You won't have a chance for a while if ever around here. Yesterday she was convicted on all charges.

Bronc0
12-17-22, 14:16
On r u b m a p s.

The KRDO massaive attack on AMPs is going crazy using rubmaps reviews to attack the AMPs.

They better be careful because a savvy owner could sue them for slander and damages because they are showing the front signs of some that are nonerotic.

Colofred81
10-03-23, 00:10
Looks like she has been reported on local news.

Cakes is wanted on a laundry list of charges, including two counts of robbery, aggravated robbery, third-degree assault, harassment, theft, first-degree kidnapping, two counts of second-degree kidnapping, identity theft, motor vehicle theft, and obstructing a peace officer. She's described as a white female, 5-foot-2 and 150 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

David8675
10-05-23, 12:23
Looks like she has been reported on local news.

Cakes is wanted on a laundry list of charges, including two counts of robbery, aggravated robbery, third-degree assault, harassment, theft, first-degree kidnapping, two counts of second-degree kidnapping, identity theft, motor vehicle theft, and obstructing a peace officer. She's described as a white female, 5-foot-2 and 150 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes.Link? Of the news article.

Colofred81
10-06-23, 08:30
Link? Of the news article.https://www.kktv.com/2023/10/02/mondays-most-wanted-oct-2/