PDA

View Full Version : News and Media Reports

Admin
12-31-99, 20:00

UrBestFriend
07-10-14, 16:21
http://www.adn.com/article/20140710/anchorage-woman-arrested-connection-sex-trafficking-business

Do not respond to emails or calls from this Agency or respond to their ads.

DreamWeaver13
07-10-14, 19:47
http://www.adn.com/article/20140710/anchorage-woman-arrested-connection-sex-trafficking-business

Do not respond to emails or calls from this Agency or respond to their ads.Thanks for the heads up. Had been contemplating using their service for a while now, just never did bc of the price markup. Not anymore.

-DW13.

AKwankerman
07-11-14, 01:46
Thanks for the heads up. Had been contemplating using their service for a while now, just never did bc of the price markup. Not anymore.

-DW13.Time to lay low and stick to what you know.

Sommelier13
07-16-14, 15:23
Thanks for the heads up. Had been contemplating using their service for a while now, just never did bc of the price markup. Not anymore.

-DW13.Same here, was bummed when I saw this on TV. Legit girls are going to be scared now too.

Klondikeblonde
08-26-14, 23:27
Hey all, I am not going to report the link to the KTUU report on Saturday, August 23nd about the investigation and arrest but I do want to express a concern for here.

If you've been contacted by LE, you should first call a lawyer and get legal council for yourself. No matter what LE might say to you, do speak to an attorney first. If you already have an attorney and you are contacted by LE, then just give LE your attorney's card / contact information.

We don't want to see folks hurt in any sort of way. Its important to protect everyone's privacy.

In fact, there is a group who has a legal 'motion to dismiss' that anyone who might find themselves charged to use in a trial.

www.esplerp.org

The motion to dismiss basically says that you have the right to privacy and your activity was lawful under the constitution and therefor any pending charges must be dropped.

My understanding is that in the event you are charged, choose a trial where you would use such a motion to dismiss, and then are subsequently convicted, you and use the denial of the motion to dismiss to appeal your case and thereby get the larger issues of your rights to privacy adult activity deem lawful and not illegal into the higher courts. This would benefit everyone to have such a case litigated in this way.

If they're going to publish your name in the paper anyway and ruin your life, might as well fight back!

Cobalt Blue
08-27-14, 15:54
Hey all, I am not going to report the link to the KTUU report on Saturday, August 23nd about the investigation and arrest but I do want to express a concern for here.

If you've been contacted by LE, you should first call a lawyer and get legal council for yourself. No matter what LE might say to you, do speak to an attorney first. If you already have an attorney and you are contacted by LE, then just give LE your attorney's card / contact information.

We don't want to see folks hurt in any sort of way. Its important to protect everyone's privacy.

In fact, there is a group who has a legal 'motion to dismiss' that anyone who might find themselves charged to use in a trial.

www.esplerp.org

The motion to dismiss basically says that you have the right to privacy and your activity was lawful under the constitution and therefor any pending charges must be dropped.

My understanding is that in the event you are charged, choose a trial where you would use such a motion to dismiss, and then are subsequently convicted, you and use the denial of the motion to dismiss to appeal your case and thereby get the larger issues of your rights to privacy adult activity deem lawful and not illegal into the higher courts. This would benefit everyone to have such a case litigated in this way.

If they're going to publish your name in the paper anyway and ruin your life, might as well fight back!It doesn't do much good to throw this out here if we don't know what you are talking about.

XSlydogX
08-27-14, 16:43
It doesn't do much good to throw this out here if we don't know what you are talking about.It's been all over the news.

Cobalt Blue
08-27-14, 18:19
It's been all over the news.I don't watch the news.

RiverGriz
08-27-14, 23:22
Okay, for all you lazy bastards (no offense LazyBastard) that refuse to pay attention or do a search re the details, here's the story. Back about June sometime the AK state troopers together with the Feds made a bust of Sensual Alaska (named in the news reports, hereafter SA) and Amber Batts. The proprietor of same (also named in the news).

The bust netted a credit-card-net and an address book with some 800 names.

A week or two ago there was a report on this board of another bust involving a JBER gentleman. That one produce no news accounts.

Then about two days ago, public news sources reported the bust of a JBER doctor on a charge of soliciting, also associated with the SA operation.

This story is the background to the advice offered by KlondikeBlonde to say NOTHING to LE. Get an attorney if you are contacted.

Folks, you'd do well to watch this YouTube presentation about th e FifthAmendment to the US Constitution. It takes about 40 minutes. Perhaps 40 minutes that will save your freedom!

Here's the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc.

Be safe out there.

RG.

FrozenOne
08-28-14, 14:14
Okay, for all you lazy bastards (no offense LazyBastard) that refuse to pay attention or do a search re the details, here's the story. Back about June sometime the AK state troopers together with the Feds made a bust of Sensual Alaska (named in the news reports, hereafter SA) and Amber Batts. The proprietor of same (also named in the news).

The bust netted a credit-card-net and an address book with some 800 names.

A week or two ago there was a report on this board of another bust involving a JBER gentleman. That one produce no news accounts.

Then about two days ago, public news sources reported the bust of a JBER doctor on a charge of soliciting, also associated with the SA operation.

This story is the background to the advice offered by KlondikeBlonde to say NOTHING to LE. Get an attorney if you are contacted.

Folks, you'd do well to watch this YouTube presentation about th e FifthAmendment to the US Constitution. It takes about 40 minutes. Perhaps 40 minutes that will save your freedom!

Here's the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc.

Be safe out there.

RG.There actually is a story.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/jber-employee-arrested-in-prostitution-ring-investigation/27700176

I'm so happy that LEE are spending their time on this important crime.

Cobalt Blue
08-29-14, 14:07
There actually is a story.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/jber-employee-arrested-in-prostitution-ring-investigation/27700176

I'm so happy that LEE are spending their time on this important crime.It's the same game that gets played over and over again. The cops have to do something every now and then just to show that they are doing something. It is often the ones who stick their necks out a bit too far who get it cut off. I think Sensual Alaska was sticking their neck out too far. When something is illegal whether right or wrong it is best to fly below the radar. I think someday the AMPs will get whacked, not individually but as a group. I think that nationwide their recruiting methods will get them in some trouble. Too bad for the guy who got named. That is just the way the cops try to scare the customers. Frankly I don't give a shit. And if they did harass me I would give them my name and that is all. Screw 'them.

Klondikeblonde
09-18-14, 17:03
http://www.adn.com/article/20140910/fairbanks-parasites-welcomed-wide-eyed-airmen-cold-war-walk-wild-side

Historians, writers and others with a passion for Alaska history have been vigorously discussing the role of the Cold War in shaping the territory and later the state. I was born at the opening of the Cold War and experienced it from the perspective of a kid curious about the adult world.

My parents abandoned their trap line near Lake Minchumina and moved to Fairbanks in the fall of 1950 so I could begin school. Fabian and Mary believed my younger sister Kathleen and I deserved a proper education -- and to them home schooling by mail with a Calvert course was not a proper education.

After WW II, the military began to withdraw from Fairbanks, and mining reasserted itself as the economic engine of Interior Alaska, accompanied by regional trade. But the Cold War and the outbreak of the Korean conflict touched off a wave of military construction at Ladd Field and Eielson Air Force Base, 26 miles east of Fairbanks, which had opened near the end of World War II. Before long, squadrons of airmen filled barracks old and new at both bases and manned the busy flight lines night and day. Fairbanksans became accustomed to the roar of jet engines as fighter pilots and bomber crews trained for the unthinkable: Nuclear war with the Soviet Union.

Everybody in town, including the kids, knew that if war broke out, Soviet bombers would reduce the bases -- and Fairbanks -- to radioactive rubble.

The house we bought on the banks of the Chena River was a typical example of Cold War Alaska hybrid construction. The bedrooms and kitchen were log, the living room surplus lumber and shingles from Ladd Field. "Surplus" was a euphemism for stolen. The military, hurrying to counter the Soviet threat, wastefully oversupplied the local bases. The temptation to ignore "Property USAF" stenciled on two-by-fours was overwhelming. Construction workers did not regard taking home "surplus" as a sin.

GI payday was the most important day of the month for local merchants, especially the bar owners who catered to airmen. When the bars were full at night, the city jail was crowded the following morning. Ted Stevens, who later served four decades in the USA Senate, was the federal district attorney in Fairbanks in the mid-1950's. Stevens soon discovered his Harvard law degree had not prepared him for the challenges facing law enforcement in a frontier town where liquor and women were for sale around the clock.

Many airmen were from small Midwestern and southern communities where stern Protestant morality prevailed. These young men, often fresh from basic training, were green-as-grass marks to the young women whom the bars advertised as "beautiful hostesses" -- the be-girls, taxi dancers, strippers and prostitutes who greeted customers inside the dark, smoky clubs. These working girls were not to be trifled with. The local newspaper, the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, described a girl firing a pistol at an airman struggling to pull up his trousers as he fled down a bar-lined street. The paper primly attributed the gunfire to "a dispute over personal services. ".

The bars also were home to dice games, card games, pinball machines, and various wheels of chance, although the bar owners did their best to diminish the role of chance. Drugs were available if you knew whom to ask. In summer, the Golden Heart City has as much as 21 hours of day light. When tipsy airmen left the bars in the wee hours of the morning, they found themselves squinting into the midnight sun, further evidence Fairbanks was no place like home.

Investigators imported from the states to study the nightlife concluded the mayor himself was involved with "beautiful hostesses," noting in passing that he was a sexual athlete who knew "more tricks than a monkey on a six-foot wire. ".

Fabian dismissed the GIs as "a bunch of dumb kids" and labeled the bar owners, the girls, and the gamblers "the parasites. " His dollars came too hard to fool away in the dingy shacks clustered along the edge of town that billed themselves The Club 69, The Club Morocco, The Kasbah, and The Club Zanzibar or in Fairbanks' architectural marvel, The Squadron Club -- a hastily-constructed, frame building attached to the fuselage of a see-46 aircraft.

Fabian was in the clubs only during his short tenure as a territorial highway patrolman, his first job after we reached Fairbanks from Minchumina, and only in response to complaints. These clubs -- and many more like them -- usually had brief lives. If the authorities didn't close them, arsonists, attempting to diminish the competition or defraud an insurance company, did. One arsonist confessed to lawmen that as he and his female partner in crime pulled away from a flaming club, she looked back from their pickup and noted with satisfaction "That mother be gone directly. ".

Most of my classmates ignored the parasites, although -- let's face facts -- a few adopted them as role models. For me, their raw vitality and contempt for the law made them fascinating. Even a kid could see they played a significant role in the American way of life our troops were defending against communism.

Michael Carey is a Dispatch News columnist.

The views expressed here are the writer's own and are not necessarily endorsed by Alaska Dispatch News, which welcomes a broad range of viewpoints. To submit a piece for consideration, e-mail commentary (at)alaskadispatch.com.

Klondikeblonde
09-19-14, 18:25
http://www.ktva.com/anchorage-massage-parlor-busted-for-prostitution-415/

ANCHORAGE –.

The Anchorage Police Department says there's a growing problem in Anchorage — spas and massage parlors that are really just a front for prostitution.

Thursday, APD raided Rainbow Spa in Anchorage and arrested one woman for prostitution.

Police say there were a number of women not only living in the store, but also offering clients sexual favors for money.

This is the seventh time APD has been to this massage parlor and the second prostitution bust in just two days.

Wednesday, police arrested a woman for prostitution at World Spa — also in Anchorage.

APD says it's a common theme: Owners bring up women from other states, they get busted and shut down only to reopen a few doors away under a different name.

Chsuperman
09-23-14, 21:27
AST is serving summons to people listed on SA's black book in Fairbanks.

FrozenOne
09-30-14, 17:46
Another bust.

http://www.adn.com/article/20140930/anchorage-massage-parlor-linked-8th-time-2002-allegedly-sex-trafficking

SqueekyClean
10-02-14, 21:04
I hope everybody lawyers up.

AST is serving summons to people listed on SA's black book in Fairbanks.

LadyTheTramp
10-02-14, 22:55
I hope everybody lawyers up.What are they being summoned to? This might be a good time for them to delete their email accounts, etc.

SqueekyClean
10-03-14, 00:06
Summonses and subpoenas are both legal documents that call a person or business into a United States court, but the difference has to do with why. A summons is generally used to inform someone that they are actually a party to a lawsuit, usually as a defendant. In most cases this means that the person is being sued, and the document will both inform them of the action and put them on notice that they need to prepare a defense. A subpoena, on the other hand, is typically used to call witnesses to court. Lawyers for each side of a legal dispute are permitted to choose witnesses who will offer testimony in support of their version of events, and witnesses are usually required to attend. Subpoenas inform prospective witnesses that they have been called, and also usually set out details of when the trial is and what the penalties are for failing to appear. Both types of documents usually compel mandatory appearance, and ignoring them can have serious consequences.

What are they being summoned to? This might be a good time for them to delete their email accounts, etc.

LadyTheTramp
10-03-14, 14:55
Right. So are they being subpoena'd to the trial? Is there some mysterious civil suit? I've heard of people being summoned to police departments for questioning, is that what's happening?

Summonses and subpoenas are both legal documents that call a person or business into a United States court, but the difference has to do with why. A summons is generally used to inform someone that they are actually a party to a lawsuit, usually as a defendant. In most cases this means that the person is being sued, and the document will both inform them of the action and put them on notice that they need to prepare a defense. A subpoena, on the other hand, is typically used to call witnesses to court. Lawyers for each side of a legal dispute are permitted to choose witnesses who will offer testimony in support of their version of events, and witnesses are usually required to attend. Subpoenas inform prospective witnesses that they have been called, and also usually set out details of when the trial is and what the penalties are for failing to appear. Both types of documents usually compel mandatory appearance, and ignoring them can have serious consequences.

Klondikeblonde
10-03-14, 16:53
And these same rights apply if you are issued a summons to court.

https://www.aclu.org/drug-law-reform-immigrants-rights-racial-justice/know-your-rights-what-do-if-you

YOUR RIGHTS.

- You have the right to remain silent. If you wish to exercise that right, say so out loud.

- You have the right to refuse to consent to a search of yourself, your car or your home.

- If you are not under arrest, you have the right to calmly leave.

- You have the right to a lawyer if you are arrested. Ask for one immediately.

Chsuperman
10-17-14, 16:50
Link to Fairbanks newspaper article. Didn't find anything in Anchorage paper yet.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/seven-alleged-fairbanks-johns-charged-in-prostitution-ring/article_015d6bca-55d0-11e4-aff0-0017a43b2370.html

JakeCutler907
10-18-14, 13:02
Link to Fairbanks newspaper article. Didn't find anything in Anchorage paper yet.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/seven-alleged-fairbanks-johns-charged-in-prostitution-ring/article_015d6bca-55d0-11e4-aff0-0017a43b2370.htmlBURN PHONE.

Out.

Derek Phx
10-28-14, 22:09
Interesting read in yesterday's paper.

FrozenOne
10-29-14, 01:39
Interesting read in yesterday's paper.I think it would be fair to point out that the article was in the Seattle paper. There are however a number of statements in the article that are total BS.

"“There are no happy hookers,” said a veteran Seattle detective who has spent more than half of his 45-year career working prostitution cases.

During hotel ops, he is responsible for creating and posting the Internet ads, which promise to make male fantasies come true.

“There are more victims in this crime than any other I’ve investigated ... Their lives are a living hell,” the detective said. “The johns abuse them, the pimps victimize them, the drug dealers victimize them, and the normal people look down on them. They’re the true victims of what people call a victimless crime.”

Men who pay for sex all have one thing in common, said another detective. “All of these guys who participate in this look at a woman as a commodity. And if I pay you, you have to do exactly what I say.”

This may be true of women who are not independents. I have known many women who are happy in their chosen profession.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024779850_sexbuyerprogramxml.html

Klondikeblonde
11-08-14, 02:49
http://truth-out.org/news/item/27298-is-the-state-of-alaska-fighting-sex-trafficking-or-targeting-women

Is the State of Alaska Fighting Sex Trafficking or Targeting Women?

Friday, 07 November 2014 10:17 By Jordan Flaherty, Truthout.

News Analysis.

Font size decrease font size increase font size.

Print.

Email.

Alaska Gov. Sean Parnell signed HB 359 in 2012; the first people charged under the new law were adult women engaged in activity that would previously be defined as simple prostitution. (Photo: <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/arcticwarrior/6428096879/in/photolist-aN2Ffx-dqZgpW-imV9HH-imV9bk-imUxBx-imV8Kk-imV7Ke-imV8Y6-imUFpA-imV95D-imUw8v-dqYZKt-imUCvb-iwgBg9-imUvtp-imUyVf-imUvpX-imUHMm-imUJb7-imUATy-imUA9h-imUzPZ-imUGM5-imUx13-imUA7c-imUwTi-imUJV3-imUz64-imUE3s-imUzNh-imUCmo-imUCds-imUwBB-imV97c-imUHdq-imUxSc-imUFAC-imUxJY-imUxxL-imUK1o-imUzPE-imUzjk-imUHTo-imUFH1-imUASm-imUAd5-imUJkq-imUxJB-imUyHF-imUEL1" target="_blank" 111129-F-NZ143-166</ a ) Alaska Gov. Sean Parnell signed HB 359 in 2012; the first people charged under the new law were adult women engaged in activity that would previously be defined as simple prostitution. (Photo: 111129-F-NZ143-166).

Also see: More Harm Than Good: Sex Trafficking Law in Anchorage, Alaska.

An anti-sex-trafficking law recently passed in Alaska demonstrates the failure of the criminal justice system to help or rescue victims of trafficking. In fact, women who are at the highest risk of violence, including some who have been sex trafficked, say that anti-trafficking laws put them more at risk.

The Alaska law pulls many activities associated with prostitution under the banner of sex trafficking, redefining "promoting prostitution" as sex trafficking, and including advertising sexual services or co-managing or owning a place a place where prostitution takes place as sex trafficking.

A wave of concern about sex trafficking has led to news exposes, celebrity spokespeople, and laws and policies across the US promising to stop traffickers. But after Alaska governor Sean Parnell signed HB 359 in 2012, the first people charged under the new law were adult women engaged in activity that would previously be defined as simple prostitution. None of them have been accused of the behavior that most people think of when they hear "trafficking," such as using force, or activity involving minors. Now, these women are labeled under the law, and in news reports, as sex traffickers. Some of them appear to be charged with trafficking themselves.

In January of 2013, a few months after the law was passed, police went to a massage parlor in Kenai, a town south of Anchorage with a population of about 7,000. They arrested a 49-year-old woman, and a 19- and 20-year-old. All three were charged with prostitution. But the 49-year-old was also charged with first, second, and third degree sex trafficking, apparently because she was accused of owning the business.

A few months later, a 24-year-old woman who had allegedly advertised on craigslist was caught in an online sting by police. It appears police did not have enough evidence to even support a prostitution charge – according to police reports, the woman would not "guarantee sexual contact" in person. She was charged with "promoting prostitution," a misdemeanor. Because of the new law, she was initially charged with sex trafficking, apparently because she was accused of advertising sexual services online, even if she didn't offer them in person.

Maxine Doogan is a member of Community United for Safety and Protection (CUSP), an organization of Alaska's sex workers and their allies. She says the new law has criminalized practices that would make sex workers safer. "We see people who are working together, sharing space, sharing customers, can be charged with enterprising sex trafficking," Doogan explains. "The safety conditions we set up for ourselves are now being called sex trafficking. ".

One of the things that we spend a lot of our time doing is trying to reverse or undo the harm that the criminal justice system has caused our clients who have been trafficked.

As an example of the abuses of the new law, Doogan discussed a woman arrested this year for allegedly running what police and media called a sex trafficking ring. Doogan says the woman appeared to have run a model sex business, with safety screenings of clients, a safe place to work with other people around, as well as providing advertising, independent contractor agreements, and help with processing credit card charges. Police and press reports labeled all of this as trafficking. An article described a section on her website that recommended etiquette for clients seeing a sex worker as "advice for patrons of the sex trafficking ring. ".

The 39 year old woman, who was also allegedly having sex for money, was charged with 8 different counts of sex trafficking, including running a sex trafficking enterprise, running a place of prostitution, procuring customers, inducing a person over the age of 20 into prostitution, accepting proceeds from prostitution, and facilitating prostitution.

"The police are turning around and telling the reporters, and the reporters are turning around and telling the public, that somebody is being rescued for being a sex traffic victim," says Doogan, who describes anti-trafficking campaigns as a "weapon of mass destruction to the prostitute nation. ".

Kate Mogulescu is founder and director of Legal Aid Society's Trafficking Victims Advocacy Project in New York City, the first anti-trafficking project in the US run out of a public defender organization. Her team sees close to 2,000 clients each year charged with prostitution, many of whom have experienced trafficking. She believes that anti-sex-trafficking laws like Alaska's cause more harm than they solve. "There is a real interest in trafficking right now in this country," says Mogulescu. "It's the focus of countless articles. And I think at times that we are doing a disservice, particularly to the people that we purport to want to help, by making it such a huge media issue focusing on these sensationalist stories of rescue. ".

Mogulsecu says that women she sees who have been victimized by sex trafficking are unlikely to be helped by police intervention. "One of the things that we spend a lot of our time doing is trying to reverse or undo the harm that the criminal justice system has caused our clients who have been trafficked," she says. "There's this notion that the more people you come in contact with through the criminal justice system, the more you're going to get at the issue of trafficking. That somehow, when the smoke clears and the dust settles, you're going to be able to figure out who's a trafficker, who's a victim, and justice will be done. And what we've seen repeatedly is that that's not the case. ".

Women who have been arrested and "rescued" have actually been sexually assaulted by police.

Terra Burns is now a graduate student, but as a young girl she was forced into the sex trade by her abusive father. She testified against anti-trafficking initiatives in front of the Alaska state legislature, and does community outreach to gather local support for reform. "The state coerces people into prostitution by denying them access to shelter, SSDI, and foster care," Burns says. "We had women freeze to death because they couldn't get into the shelter. When the state makes survival harder, they force people to make desperate choices. But then when those same people turn to prostitution to survive, they are labeled as sex traffickers. " Burns says women she's spoken with who have been arrested and "rescued" have actually been sexually assaulted by police.

In conversations with women in Alaska who sell sex, many say that fear of police makes it hard for them to report crimes. Sarah is a member of CUSP, and a parent of two kids, who spends her time helping them with their homework and chaperoning field trips. She has been a sex worker for ten years, and the biggest fear she has is of police. She says an officer once posed as a client and then after having sex, told her that he was a cop and he would arrest her if she took any money.

"If we get raped, if we get beat up, if we get robbed, we have a fear of going to jail," Sarah tells me. "A lot of times we just go through things and we can't do anything about it. ".

Ann, 32, moved to Alaska from southern California, and has been a sex worker for 6 years. She is not surprised by Sarah's story. She has faced arrest and harassment from police as well. "The local police find out you're a sex worker, and they want you out of the county, they'll fuck with you until you leave," she says.

Burns has her own story of police abuse. At 18 years old, she was working as a stripper and was raped. When she went to the police, she says they told her they were going to arrest her for filing a false report. Burns says officers told her, "The way you're dressed doesn't look like you didn't want to have sex," and added that she was likely just a prostitute upset that she didn't get paid. "I had, like, bruises and tears and stuff," adds Burns. "It was a really traumatic experience trying to report it to the police. ".

The biggest threat was not the work itself, but the atmosphere created by making it illegal.

A 2012 study of sex workers by Young Women's Empowerment Project in Chicago quantified the problem. They found that violence and harassment by police was the biggest danger reported by those who trade sex for money or goods. 32 percent of respondents reported violence or harassment from police, including sexual assault, while only 4 percent reported violence from pimps. They concluded that the biggest threat was not the work itself, but the atmosphere created by making it illegal.

"This notion of rescue coming in the form of an arrest is really problematic," says Mogulescu. "This does not provide security, stability, safety, empowerment, to them. ".

The victims of trafficking Mogulescu sees often have been re-traumatized by police. "One of the things that we spend a lot of our time doing is trying to reverse or undo the harm that the criminal justice system has caused our clients who have been trafficked," She says. "Both our trafficked and our non-trafficked clients do not have a favorable view of law enforcement or the police. In fact, they suffer mightily at the hands of police. We see, with prostitution policing, extensive police misconduct. We see sort of the wild west. ".

Mogulescu says as long as prostitution is illegal, women who sell sex will not feel safe going to police. "When my clients are exposed to arrest, over and over and over again, the notion that they would then see in the police, or in law enforcement a friendly place, a place to go for help, is laughable. ".

It's not just sex workers who fear police in Anchorage. Outside Beans Café, an Anchorage agency that distributes free meals, an indigenous woman named Esther Brown, who had been homeless for the last several months, described beatings and harassment from police. "The police are hardly there to help you," she said. "They have even gone to jail for rape themselves. ".

Brown was describing a well-publicized case in Anchorage, of former officer Anthony Rollins, who was convicted in 2011 of five rapes committed while in uniform from 2008-2009. Rollins had received multiple awards and commendations during his time with the department, including a medal of valor and, ironically, an award from an organization called Standing Together Against Rape. He also frequently represented the department by speaking in area schools.

"I think any time that a woman is selling her body for sex, it should be illegal. It's very degrading and exploitive. ".

Sergeant Kathy Lacey, who started and runs the vice division of the Anchorage Police Department, oversees prostitution arrests in Anchorage. She sees herself as rescuing women trapped in desperate situations. She approves of the new law, and rejects any distinction between prostitution and sex trafficking. "We should stop calling it prostitution, we should call it sexual exploitation," she told me. "I think any time that a woman is selling her body for sex, it should be illegal. It's very degrading and exploitive. " Lacey adds that the women she sees are pushed in to selling sex by abuse or force. "I just don't often run across women that have a stable background, and are involved in prostitution. I don't think I've met one yet," she says. "They don't just wake up at 21 one day and say 'I'm going to sell my body for sex. ' That just doesn't happen. ".

Lacey says there have been issues of police misconduct, but the department does not tolerate it. "Arrest is not the best answer, I recognize that," she adds. "We don't want to punish them. We want to remove them from that situation, and the tools that we have to remove them from that situation are to arrest them and to remove them from that trafficker. ".

Lacey says her job is involves navigating a balance in seeing women selling sex as both victims and at the same time subject to arrest. "They do have that dual status," says Lacey. "They're both victims and offenders. We're trying to figure out how they were a victim to start with and how they got into this to be an offender. " At the same time, she is firm that anyone making money off of someone selling sex is a trafficker. "I use that term trafficker and pimp interchangeably," she says. "It's not like she goes out on a date and she makes four hundred dollars, and she gives two hundred to him and she keeps two hundred. In most cases she gives everything to him. ".

"As a homeless teenager, my case worker would come and take my money from me. She would be like, 'Well, you're just going to use this to buy drugs. '.

Members of Community United for Safety and Protection are not just critical of law enforcement, but other state policies. They say the lack of a safety net to survive the brutal Alaska winters makes the problem worse. Burns tells me that even when she was free from her abusive father, she was still forced to sell sex because of a lack of support provided by the state. "I think that the biggest sex trafficker, what induces the most people into prostitution, is the state," she says. "As a homeless teenager, my case worker would come and take my money from me. She would be like, 'Well, you're just going to use this to buy drugs. ' The system essentially removed my entire safety net and then kicked me out into the cold Alaskan winter. The only choice I had was literally prostitution or sleeping in a snow bank. I literally did dig holes into the snow bank. But, you know, at 60 below, you'll freeze to death doing that, so you've got to turn a trick. ".

Mogulescu says the answer to the problem of sex trafficking has to come from addressing the root causes. "Anyone who wants to do anti-trafficking work needs to really roll up their sleeves and start doing anti-poverty work," she says. "Because what we're talking about here is a group that's disproportionately affected by poverty, by gender based violence, by racism, by xenophobia. But we don't want to talk about that stuff because that stuff is actually kind of hard to fix. But if we write a big piece about trafficking and sex slaves and the police are going to solve this problem, we feel good about that. ".

Klondikeblonde
12-03-14, 04:04
http://sextraffickingalaska.com/dec-13th-the-international-day-to-end-violence-against-sex-workers/

What's the International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers? Read all about it here.

December 13th from 6-8 PM.

Unitarian Universalist Fellowship.

In Anchorage.

2824 E. 18th Ave:

From Lake Otis and E 20th Ave go east on 20th. Take a left on Alder and a right on E 18th and go to the end. Parking is in the back:

AkMikeG
12-10-14, 04:28
We lost a good one this past weekend. MJ passed away Saturday.

Cobalt Blue
12-10-14, 12:32
We lost a good one this past weekend. MJ passed away Saturday.Uhhh. Who might that be?

Derek Phx
12-10-14, 14:17
We lost a good one this past weekend. MJ passed away Saturday.That is very sad. Confirmed with good source that it was true.

AkMikeG
12-11-14, 01:41
Uhhh. Who might that be?Mari Jane.

Mr Magoo2
12-12-14, 00:00
That is very sad. Confirmed with good source that it was true.Couldn't find mention of anyone fitting her description in the news.

Mr Magoo2
12-12-14, 00:28
http://www.adn.com/article/20141210/anchorage-massage-parlor-owner-charged-sex-trafficking

Derek Phx
12-12-14, 01:58
Couldn't find mention of anyone fitting her description in the news.Magoo,

I sent a text to a friend of mine who was also a friend of hers and asked if it were true. Her friend confirmed that she had received a call that night from MJ's sister to that effect. Check your inbox.

Derek.

AkMikeG
12-12-14, 02:05
Couldn't find mention of anyone fitting her description in the news.Thats not her real name, her cousin lives with me. I checked the obits also, but didn't see anything.

Cobalt Blue
04-04-15, 12:34
My dream job! With my experience I should be a shoe in. Where do I apply?

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/guy-paid-sex-prostitutes/964473/

Klondikeblonde
04-14-15, 19:08
Hey have you all seen this? http://esplerp.org/here-is-the-brief/.

This may affect Alaska they say. http://johnrosenbaumlaw.com/2015/03/california-prostitution-legal/.

Since the filing is in federal court, if ESPLERLP is successful in this lawsuit they will decriminalize prostitution simultaneously in 9 western states including California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii and Alaska.

You can contribute here http://litigatetoemancipate.tilt.com/.

Klondikeblonde
05-29-15, 20:03
http://www.alaskapublic.org/2015/05/27/going-undercover-with-apd-vices-kathy-lacey/

1506_Rick-Steves.

Going Undercover With APD Vice's Kathy Lacey.

By Lori Townsend, APRN. Anchorage.

May 27,2015.

Busting drug dealers, sex traffickers and prostitutes is a tough job. Recently retired Sergeant Kathy Lacey did that dangerous work for 20 years as the head of Anchorage Police Department's undercover vice unit. Lacey says when she first started in law enforcement, prostitution and drug crimes were more visible, out on the street. Now though, she says trafficking is more covert.

TOWNSEND: What attracted you to vice?

LACEY: The way it works is the first thing you do is patrol. On patrol you see everything. Its all thrown at you and after a few years, you find your interest. I was always drawn to the street level crimes, drugs, prostitution. I grew up in Spenard, that was a hot bed of street crimes and I was comfortable working in that area. I took that career path.

TOWNSEND: Had you worked in law enforcement before?

LACEY: History in public safety, my brother was a former fire chief for Anchorage, my sister was a deputy chief. It was my younger brother, Chris said, hey APD is hiring, why don't you check it out. I got in the academy and liked it. It was challenging and physical and mental ability and I took to it like a duck to water. I have a nephew now on the department. We were always drawn to public safety.

TOWNSEND: Did you initially focus on prostitution or drugs?

LACEY: It was all hand in hand, in the old days, if you wanted to know what was going on on the street, you talked to the women who worked in the sex trade, they were the ones who knew where the crack houses were.

TOWNSEND: How has sex trafficking changed?

LACEY: A lot more sophisticated, more cash, more money, internet has exploded. The old days, visible, women on the street, everybody saw it, we worked those women, now it's more behind closed doors, the traffickers have more money at stake, it's more difficult, requires more to figure out who traffickers are.

TOWNSEND: Are there recruiters going to rural Alaska?

LACEY: Yes, we had a case specifically where the trafficker was going to villages to recruit, what level, how many, it's difficult to say because so much is happening that is hidden, but absolutely he was doing that.

TOWNSEND: What about traffickers from outside the state?

LACEY: Yes, we've seen that a lot. We've made arrests of women, sometimes with the trafficker, sometimes alone, they put money on a card and he can pull it out in another state.

TOWNSEND: Are any of the victims trafficked in Alaska taken out of state?

LACEY: Not seeing that but in the massage parlor circuit, they move around, I don't have information that they are being forced, but they're being coerced.

TOWNSEND: How has the massage parlor aspect changed?

LACEY: It's easy to make money as a trafficker in the massage parlor business. The only way you know is if someone goes in there and gets sex instead of a massage and there's layers, someone has the license, someone else running. It's hard to uncover it all. Its use has exploded.

TOWNSEND: It must have been frustrating, the facade of a legitimate business and online trafficking. How have you dealt with that frustration?

LACEY: It is frustrating and I had a fantastic group of detectives. The type drawn to this, it takes a lot, but when we get someone out of it, especially when it's the underage kids. Its disturbing. We focus on getting them out and putting the trafficker behind bars.

TOWNSEND: Have the traffickers themselves changed? Is the treatment worse?

LACEY: Each case is individual; I think it stays about the same. People say let's legalize this, its consenting adults, there's a segment that says that and then there is what we see which is always a level of control and usually a level of violence between traffickers and the women they traffick. Always going to be coercion and a level of force. To keep them in line, often the trafficker will use force.

TOWNSEND: Are there areas of Alaska that are hot spots?

LACEY: Western Alaska, we've had more cases there than anywhere, there's not one spot. Anchorage, and if we work it hard, they get pushed to Fairbanks, they might then force them somewhere else, they might go to the valley. Anchorage is the hub.

TOWNSEND: In 20 years of law enforcement, would you say the city, is the city becoming a more violent place beyond the demographics, the sexual assault rate is higher here and stays that way. Why do you think that is and looking back where are we now with the amount of violence now?

LACEY: I would say, it has become more violent. I know we're seeing a real spike in violent crimes. I attribute that to deployment of the department. Drug crimes fuel property crimes. There's been a shift away from these areas and I think that's a mistake. You know where the elements are and you have to keep pressure on those factions or they start to escalate and I think we've seen that. There has to be a refocus on street crime suppression.

TOWNSEND: New mayor-elect Ethan Berkowitz – what would you want him to focus on immediately?

LACEY: From what I've heard of what he's said, I think he's very smart and he's talked about reinstituting the gang unit and those are important steps. You have to have the staffing to make these things happen. Those units are really important to keep the overall crime rate down. He understands that, hiring more is key, and I'the like to see focus on retention of the officers they have. You have a lot of experience walking out the door and all the officers you hire aren't going to make it through the training, let's focus on retaining and that's not happening, people are walking out the door and you're losing all that experience. They're missing the bet right there. I'm excited about what Berkowitz is talking about.

TOWNSEND: What advice would you give to parents to keep their kids safe?

LACEY: Be involved, ask questions. I have a daughter that just graduated from high school last week. You need to have discussions with your kids, what's going on at their school. Ask their opinion, my daughter has good opinions. I see things that I think are inappropriate, she says no. I think it's interesting to get their perspective. I talk to my kids about everything, they know about prostitution, they know about street level drugs. You have to be their voice of reason, they can get everything online.

TOWNSEND: There's been a lot of back and forth about 'Erin's Law,' legislation here has changed making it optional. What do you think is appropriate and should be in schools?

LACEY: I think we're missing the boat by not getting to them sooner. They have the world at their fingertips on their cell phone and we need to talk to them. I worked with the STAR program and was shocked that they're not in every school. I think it needs to be mandatory when its not there. We're doing a disservice when we're not having this discussion, look at our rates, why are we afraid to talk about it.

TOWNSEND: Consulting on "Frozen Ground" and exploring new avenues. Tell me more.

LACEY: Approached by producers several years ago. They were interested in my vice work and sex trafficking. They are enamored of Alaska and see it as unique. They liked that it was an undercover unit run by a woman. It's a way for me to continue my human trafficking work even though I'm no longer in law enforcement. JUST RAISING AWARENESS? Exactly, keep in mind it's Hollywood.

Retired APD Sergeant Kathy Lacey is now a consulting producer on a developing television series that will feature vice crime in Anchorage.

AkTraveler
07-05-15, 18:57
Looks like advertising on BP is going to get challenging.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7705708

Klondikeblonde
07-10-15, 20:31
I spent 3 and half hours running around the San Francisco Bay Area last week buying BTC, what a pain in the A $$.

And it wasn't anonymous at all. I cannot see anthers going through this and where am I going to buy them up here in Alaska?

Say good buy to BP!

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7705708

CrowPass
07-14-15, 21:46

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7705708So, not sure that will really stop anyone? I'm sure there are a thousand websites that would be more than happy to fill in the gaps. Wonder where the next site will be. Maybe that's a good topic for discussion? Anyone have any other posting sites they use / recommend?

PM if you prefer.

CP.

Mr Magoo2
07-17-15, 00:33
So, not sure that will really stop anyone? I'm sure there are a thousand websites that would be more than happy to fill in the gaps. Wonder where the next site will be. Maybe that's a good topic for discussion? Anyone have any other posting sites they use / recommend?

PM if you prefer.

CP.ECCIE perhaps?

Klondikeblonde
08-18-15, 01:39
http://titsandsass.com/the-state-is-a-trafficker-why-alaska-arrested-amber-batts/

AkTraveler
08-18-15, 11:03
http://titsandsass.com/the-state-is-a-trafficker-why-alaska-arrested-amber-batts/Good article and thanks for posting it.

AkTraveler
01-16-17, 00:09

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/7705708It took over a year but this was the first step taken to close their adult section down. Here's a good opinion piece. What foolishness next from the feds?

http://www.inquisitr.com/3886687/backpage-adult-section-forced-closure-is-a-human-rights-violation/

Greek Seeker
01-17-17, 17:39
Every year le across the country ramps up stings near the super bowl. This would probably be a good time to stick with the ladies you already know and avoid any unnecessary risks. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6595358.

Stay safe.

Klondikeblonde
02-12-17, 01:21
Good news! We have a bill to make criminal cops who have sex with victims, witness and those they have under investigation and we need your letter of support to pass HB 112.

Send an email to your Representative saying your support Alaska HB 112. You can send anonymously too. And you message us via our fb page at Community United For Safety and Protection.

Thank you.

SnowMan57
02-12-17, 21:09
The gist of the article below is that to date Backpage has relied on the protection afforded by Section 230 of the Federal Communications Decency Act of 1996 to skirt lawsuits filed against it on behalf of trafficking victims and various state governments; however, in light of an investigation and findings that came to light in the recent Senate hearings, the Department of Justice will be seeking to prosecute Backpage for violations of federal criminal statutes against which Section 230 does not protect.

It's a safe bet that Ferrer, Lacey and Larkin will shut down before going to prison like the owner / operator of Redbook.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/latest-backpage-lawsuit-by-sojourner-center-offers-more-of-the-same-losing-legal-arguments-9065197

Cash907
02-14-17, 02:57
The gist of the article below is that to date Backpage has relied on the protection afforded by Section 230 of the Federal Communications Decency Act of 1996 to skirt lawsuits filed against it on behalf of trafficking victims and various state governments; however, in light of an investigation and findings that came to light in the recent Senate hearings, the Department of Justice will be seeking to prosecute Backpage for violations of federal criminal statutes against which Section 230 does not protect.

It's a safe bet that Ferrer, Lacey and Larkin will shut down before going to prison like the owner / operator of Redbook.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/latest-backpage-lawsuit-by-sojourner-center-offers-more-of-the-same-losing-legal-arguments-9065197If they shut down it'll just be the US site. None of this has been an issue in other countries, even those with less liberal freedom of speech protections. Ironic, I guess.

NewalasKan66
02-17-17, 01:29
If they shut down it'll just be the US site. None of this has been an issue in other countries, even those with less liberal freedom of speech protections. Ironic, I guess.You are right! I lived in the Middle East for five years and had less worry about LE. It was pretty much in the open there for non-arabs.

GlacierBear
06-10-17, 18:41
Deleted by Admin

You need to learn to use the report post button.

A2

SnowMan57
07-30-17, 19:30
APD now have a powerful tool at their disposal.

http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Anchorage-police-use-of-cell-phone-tracking-device-clouded-in-secrecy-390617651.html

I don't think that APD's focus has fundamentally changed, that is, I believe arresting providers and hobbyists is still a very, very low priority but if the new Chief of Police should shift the agenda their new tech capabilities could be lethal for hobbyists.

My precautions will pretty much remain the same: NEVER screen with real name or real driver's licence and ALWAYS use a burner phone.

Roizq
09-15-17, 00:52
My precautions will pretty much remain the same: NEVER screen with real name or real driver's licence and ALWAYS use a burner phone.Which type of burner phone works best for hobbyists in your opinion?

SnowMan57
09-15-17, 09:23
Which type of burner phone works best for hobbyists in your opinion?http://www.b3rn3d.com/blog/2014/01/22/burnerphone/

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/7-great-burner-phones/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/saltzman/2016/09/17/whats-a-burner-phone/90382874/

Prytanis
09-15-17, 13:27
Which type of burner phone works best for hobbyists in your opinion?Of course the technology is out there, but I don't see them using a tool purchased through a homeland security grant to crackdown on the sex industry.

SnowMan57
09-15-17, 14:40
Of course the technology is out there, but I don't see them using a tool purchased through a homeland security grant to crackdown on the sex industry.Don't get me wrong; I'm totally aware of, and grateful for the current situation. APD hasn't made a hobby related arrest in over 24 months but we are living an anomaly, and NOT like Las Vegas is an anomaly where the legality of the hobby is enshrined in the law. Unless and until the law changes here in Alaska I think it's wise not to become complacent and assume that law enforcement will always turn a blind eye; the current openness is totally a product of budget shortfalls and as such prosecution of the hobby is a matter of the policy and discretion of LE.

For those who are not aware of just how bad it can get, look no further than Seattle (to give just ONE example) where over a hundred hobbyists are busted every couple of months in LE stings.

Back here in The Last Frontier, a locally based LE insider who participated in last year's Operation Cross Country told me that Anchorage is considered a locus of a high degree of 'sex trafficking'. And I've talked to at least one provider who was questioned by the feds during the same operation last year.

In any case, I personally don't want to be caught off guard when or if there is a sudden regression to mean. I'm prudent not paranoid.

Check out the following Anatomy of a Police Investigation for additional insights:

http://adultinternetlaw.com/articles/police_investigation.php

Roizq
09-17-17, 14:30
APD now have a powerful tool at their disposal.

My precautions will pretty much remain the same: NEVER screen with real name or real driver's licence and ALWAYS use a burner phone.Text Now is an app for the smart phone which allows you to get a text and call number without signing up under your real name. You can also change the number as often as you want. I'm wondering whether KingFish owned by LE can still get Geographic coordinates of your phone and I'd who it belongs to, when you use Text Now to text. Also I'm wondering if KingFish can really get into your phone's contents, and if so, why did the FBI sue Apple, and try to force them to provide FBI with a program to unlock any iphone?

https://www.wired.com/2016/02/apple-brief-fbi-response-iphone/

SnowMan57
10-15-17, 01:50
Operation Cross Country is in effect in Anchorage. The Feds' annual anti-trafficking effort is basically targeting local pimps. I've talked to two providers in the last 24 hours who've been detained and questioned, no arrests. The authorities are making it clear to the girls that they're searching for anyone coercing them into the hobby. I don't know if they'd be quite so forgiving of a hobbyist. I recommend exercising extreme caution. It's probably safe if you're meeting with a trusted provider whom you've seen before but personally I'm going to run silent and deep.

Girth Johnson
10-15-17, 15:06
Operation Cross Country is in effect in Anchorage. The Feds' annual anti-trafficking effort is basically targeting local pimps. I've talked to two providers in the last 24 hours who've been detained and questioned, no arrests. The authorities are making it clear to the girls that they're searching for anyone coercing them into the hobby. I don't know if they'd be quite so forgiving of a hobbyist. I recommend exercising extreme caution. It's probably safe if you're meeting with a trusted provider whom you've seen before but personally I'm going to run silent and deep.In the last couple of months I've noticed that the initial text reply from a provider I haven't seen before has often been, "Are you affiliated with law enforcement?" (or words to that effect). Admittedly, it has usually come mostly from "traveling" providers, but I don't remember ever being asked that (in a text) in the past.

Momma called me Thick but you can call me Girth.

Dizzietoday
10-16-17, 07:25
Text Now is an app for the smart phone which allows you to get a text and call number without signing up under your real name. You can also change the number as often as you want. I'm wondering whether KingFish owned by LE can still get Geographic coordinates of your phone and I'd who it belongs to, when you use Text Now to text. Also I'm wondering if KingFish can really get into your phone's contents, and if so, why did the FBI sue Apple, and try to force them to provide FBI with a program to unlock any iphone?

https://www.wired.com/2016/02/apple-brief-fbi-response-iphone/Some idiot basically locked the iPhone by trying to brute force an entry on guesses without cloning the phone. Basically. Local IT were really stupid.

AKwankerman
12-04-17, 22:25
I just saw a provider there.

http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Man-found-shot-in-Anchorage-hotel-room-with-life-threatening-injuries-461906333.html

AkManLooking
12-05-17, 21:33
Just got a message from Itzel she is back in town.

LadyTheTramp
10-14-19, 19:38
This is why we screen, guys.

Who is this woman? Was she working?

https://heavy.com/news/2019/10/kathleen-j-henry/

Ryan G White
01-26-20, 06:10
From federal court filings (publicly available).

". I have been employed by the Anchorage Police Department for over 19 years. I currently serve as a Detective and I am cross-designated as a federally deputized task force officer (TFO) with the human trafficking and child exploitation task force officer with the Anchorage Division of the FBI, and have been since December, 2017. I have previously served as a Detective with both the crimes against children unit (CACU) and Cyber Crime Unit (CCU) of the Anchorage Police Department, and in those capacities received specialized training pertaining to online enticement and coercion of minors as well as the production, distribution, and possession of child pornography and have developed substantial experience investigating digitally facilitated crimes of child exploitation in Alaska. On November 7, 2019, Task Force Officer XXXX was informed by XXXX that the suspect, subsequently identified as [Deleted by Admin] (from USASexGuide. NL)".

[Deleted by Admin] was communicating with members of this forum about his sexual encounters with minors, and one of the forum members turned it over to the FBI. This member who reported [Deleted by Admin] to the FBI then told [Deleted by Admin] he got a "new" phone number (controlled by the FBI), and [Deleted by Admin] started texting directly with the FBI.

[Deleted by Admin] was texting the FBI using his real phone, registered in his real name, and even told the FBI he was thinking about getting a burn phone because you never know who you are talking to. By that point it would have been too late to make a difference.

[Deleted by Admin] was taking videos and pictures of minors with special phone apps, and posting pics to his [Deleted by Admin] Pornhub account (child porn posted to that account, he advertises the link to his pornhub here on this forum in one of his posts).

[Deleted by Admin] was also posting adds of a minor on on skip the games, and then coming here to review said minor (see [Deleted by Admin] post about only gives head, no sex).

[Deleted by Admin] was arrested by the FBI child sex trafficking, production and distribution of child pornography, and coercion and enticement of a minor.

Ok, this is where you're (I'm assuming you're one of the cops) full of shit.

There was only one member who posted in Alaska that had a user name close to what you said that I deleted. I checked every PM he sent in the last year and not a singe one, not even one made any mention of sex with an underage person, not one and I read them all. He may have been talking about it on his pornhub account but he wasn't talking about it here.

However; if he had been talking about sex with underage people using our PM system our filters would have caught it and the user AND I would have reported him to the FBI. If I knew who the user was I'd send a case of beer to his house. I take great pride that over the years only 2 of our 600,000 registered members have ever been busted in underage stings. The vast majority of the men on this board believe in a very simple idea, adult women should be able to sell pussy to adult men with out you cocksuckers getting involved in it, as they can in the rest of the free world.

As far as I'm concerned put that pedo under the fucking jailhouse.

I banned your user because I think you're probably one of the cops who waste tax payer dollars chasing guys who are buying blowjobs when you should be spending more time busting pedos and murderers. If this post was meant to scare people from using the forum I think your plan backfired, most of the men here feel the same way I do. Fuck that motherfucker, I hope he's sleeping with his new husband tonight. But he wasn't using this forum to talk about fucking kids and it's assholes like him that made us turn off attachments in PM's.

A2

SnowMan57
01-25-22, 20:46
Alaska State Troopers conduct prostitution sting.

https://alaska-native-news.com/alaska-state-troopers-conduct-prostitution-sting/59760/

WoodyPusher
01-25-22, 22:51
Alaska State Troopers conduct prostitution sting.

https://alaska-native-news.com/alaska-state-troopers-conduct-prostitution-sting/59760/Prostitution is simply speed dating at the next level. Skip the dinner, the movie, the flowers and get right to the action. In one way or another everyone pays.

SnowMan57
01-26-22, 12:38
Prostitution is simply speed dating at the next level. Skip the dinner, the movie, the flowers and get right to the action. In one way or another everyone pays.There hasn't been any law enforcement activity like this at any time since Dunleavy took office so I'm going to attribute the change in policy to the new and apparently bone-headed State Attorney General, Treg Taylor.

If Taylor isn't a true believer living in a 19th century moral universe, then he's probably a hypocrite like Eliot Spitzer.

I'm not too concerned about what the troopers do. I'll just stick with known quantities, girls that I've seen before and whom I know are not law enforcement decoys. I just wish Attorney General Taylor would do something more beneficial with our tax dollars than go on an antiquated crusade against consensual play between adults.

What worries me is if the AG's office uses SESTA to go after websites. When Backpage was taken down that was a real headache!

WoodyPusher
01-29-22, 14:30
There hasn't been any law enforcement activity like this at any time since Dunleavy took office so I'm going to attribute the change in policy to the new and apparently bone-headed State Attorney General, Treg Taylor.

If Taylor isn't a true believer living in a 19th century moral universe, then he's probably a hypocrite like Eliot Spitzer.

I'm not too concerned about what the troopers do. I'll just stick with known quantities, girls that I've seen before and whom I know are not law enforcement decoys. I just wish Attorney General Taylor would do something more beneficial with our tax dollars than go on an antiquated crusade against consensual play between adults.

What worries me is if the AG's office uses SESTA to go after websites. When Backpage was taken down that was a real headache!I agree with you 100%. More important fish to fry than busting people for having consensual sex. I will say that even trusting known providers might be risky as well in this climate. Even the tried, true, and trusted are nothing but money grubbing ****** and will sing for the highest bidder be it cop or John. I'll never put my confidence in any of these chicks I don't care who they are.