PDA

View Full Version : A Possibly New BP Scam

Wycked
03-01-10, 01:44
I'm gonna cross post this in a few Virginia forums since it comes from BP. Sorry if you see it more than once.

I answered an ad in the "no strings" section or "casual" or whatever they call it. And I got a response I've never seen before. had to read a couple times before I realized it was a scam and not a legit message. Here's the edited for my protection version:

At 10:05 PM 2/27/2010, you wrote:
>
>
>This was the body of my message, the details of which are quite inconsequential...
>
>
>
>
> To view this posting, please click the following link:
>
> http://charlottesville.backpage.com/NoStringsAttached/married-female-home-alone/2295165
>
> This person has contacted you anonymously through charlottesville.backpage.com. If you believe their email is a scam, spam, or inappropriate, please forward this email to abuse@backpage.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Your email recipient DID NOT receive your message.
This mailbox user has requested that all email addresses be confirmed before delivered.
Please click this link, follow the tour to the final page, and input your email. You will receive a confirmation link shortly

www.yourclubmatches.com/verify/verify.htmNow I've never gotten one like this before.The part to look out for is after IMPORTANT NOTICE. It seems like a new (new to me, anyway) sneakiness.

So, fellas, if you get a message saying your message didn't get thru, re-read it carefully. This one was kinda slick, and I almost automatically fell for it. Which, I suppose is what they're banking on.

Check your six,

W

Redleg27
03-02-12, 08:01
I'm going to cross post this in a few Virginia forums since it comes from BP. Sorry if you see it more than once.

I answered an ad in the "no strings" section or "casual" or whatever they call it. And I got a response I've never seen before. Had to read a couple times before I realized it was a scam and not a legit message. Here's the edited for my protection version:

Now I've never gotten one like this before. The part to look out for is after IMPORTANT NOTICE. It seems like a new (new to me, anyway) sneakiness.

So, fellas, if you get a message saying your message didn't get thru, re-read it carefully. This one was kinda slick, and I almost automatically fell for it. Which, I suppose is what they're banking on.

Check your six,

WThanks for reporting this incident!