PDA

View Full Version : What About Reviews?

Sleazebum
01-31-10, 11:39
I have been at this for longer than many of you have been alive but there is one question I have no real answer for:

You see an interesting ad somewhere so you go looking for reviews and cannot find any.

What do you do? Do you usually take the chance and then post a review of your own somewhere? Do you take the chance and keep it to yourself? Or do you just pass that one by and keep looking for one with reviews?

Enquiring minds want to know!

JJ

Drewsky66
01-31-10, 11:53
For me I would typically pass if no reviews, but I do take a chance quite a bit. If I do TOFT, I'll post it somewhere. I figure there is always someone who like to know about my encounter if it was a TOFT.

Drew

Big Daddy Don
01-31-10, 15:05
The board has gotten to the point anymore that if you do TOFTT and check it out for yourself and you post a negative review and warn that it is a rip off, you get praised. If you say anything positive you get flamed for giving info to LEO by posting on the board. I have not found much worthy intel on the board in quite a while to be honest.

I have been at this for longer than many of you have been alive but there is one question I have no real answer for:

You see an interesting ad somewhere so you go looking for reviews and cannot find any.

What do you do? Do you usually take the chance and then post a review of your own somewhere? Do you take the chance and keep it to yourself? Or do you just pass that one by and keep looking for one with reviews?

JJ

Alpha D
01-31-10, 16:59
This board has been going through some major changes of late. Where people once posted pretty interesting and telling details about their encounters, more and more intel necessary to make a decision is missing from the posts. But it can be had. Mostly behind the scenes in PM among seniors and trusted members. However, there is still a part of this board that will always bring details to light.

The new mongers are our front end source of intel. But they are in a quandry. TOFTT or ask for intel that is either dated (for the most part) or non-existant. The new monger isn't allowed to ask for intel without getting flamed and he had better be convincing when he posts about an experience if he wants to keep his tail feathers.

Three basic pointers for new mongers:

Don't cut and paste. Senior members have photographic memories. It's called the search engine. And they can see when you plagiarize. The surest way to ruin the chance of gaining credit on the board is to lie in a post. You will be found out. This goes for words and pictures.

Don't skimp on information. New mongers will need to be descriptive enough to allow confirmation of their posts without giving away the farm. At the same time, certain information can be held for back channel discussion. For example, don't post that an AMP offers FS but save the type of happy ending information for behind the scenes. If another monger is serious enough to call a reviewed provider, he can pm for details before hand.

Pick a Senior member's style that you like and emulate it. Make it your own as well, but if a certain senior posts in a way that makes things easy to understand (like the LARS review), then use it. And remember the first pointer. Don't cut and paste. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Horse theives will be hung immediately.

Two pointers for Senior mongers.

Be kind. To the ladies (as ProPilot is fond of reminding us), to each other, and to the new mongers. Remember, you weren't always a senior member. Not to wax Biblical, but a soft answer turns away wrath. A gentle rebuke can often be more productive than a flame job. And if not, there is always time for a flame job (or the Trash Man) later.

Be helpful. Post when you can help. Even if it is to simply second an opinion or point someone in the right direction. New mongers are - dare I say it - the future of this board. Teach them to fish and they will have plenty left over for you to enjoy as well.

One pointer for all mongers.

Be respectful. Written words are often misconstrued because the drafter cannot put inflextion and tone into the words nor can the reader see the smile or twinkle in the eye of the drafter. The words are delivered cold. It is up to the reader to warm them - either deliberately with attention and reflection or rashly with anger and rejection.

One extra - just because it's a pet peve: please check your spelling and grammar. A great way to do this is to write your post in a word processor that will check spelling and grammar. Avoid all caps and use proper punctuation and your reports will garner more favor.

As for me, I occasionally TOFTT, but very few times will I do so if I cannot find a third party confirmation of the provider's legitamacy. I post here when I see that a provider has not been discussed and only if the provider wishes.

AD

Cavetroll
01-31-10, 18:39
Total agreement with you, D. And things have been getting more and more esoteric around here. I've been lurking this board for much longer than I've been an active member, and the amount of intel - even vague hints - has been steadily decreasing.

To answer the OP question, I have yet to go to an unreviewed provider. Usually if I can find something, anything, somewhere on the interwebs resembling a review I will give it a shot - especially if she looks really hot :P

Member #4338
01-31-10, 20:43
Make it your own as well, but if a certain senior posts in a way that makes things easy to understand (like the LARS review), then use it

All:

The LARS rating scale was conceived at the peak of the DC scene...which has now sadly declined. Nonetheless I'm pleased to see that the usefulness of the system has endured.

Peace and love,

Lax

Sleazebum
01-31-10, 22:20
One extra - just because it's a pet peve: please check your spelling and grammar. AD

What was that about spelling???

Main Entry: peeve
Pronunciation: \ˈpēv\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): peeved; peevˇing
Etymology: back-formation from peevish
Date: 1910
: to make peevish or resentful : annoy

synonyms see irritate
GOTCHA!!!!!

;-)

JJ

Smacks
02-01-10, 00:59
Generally, I try to stick to girls that have reviews or have been mentioned. I'm an infrequent dreamer of the SW scene for the most part.

I've TOFTT a few times and I put up intel when I think there is something noteworthy. I try not to post overly redundant 411; and I take posts made by other members with a grain of salt.

I appreciate all of the input that goes into this board.

Smacks

Alpha D
02-03-10, 17:03
Good one, JJ. Nice catch. I stand corrected on my correction.

AD ;-)

What was that about spelling???

Main Entry: peeve
Pronunciation: \ˈpēv\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): peeved; peevˇing
Etymology: back-formation from peevish
Date: 1910
: to make peevish or resentful : annoy

synonyms see irritate
GOTCHA!!!!!

;-)

JJ

Pizzlepro02
02-03-10, 22:03
I put reviews in the 'nice to have category'. If I can find some cool; if not, I'll prolly take a chance if the ad meets all of my criteria. Before reviews even become relevant, the ad has to pass full scrutiny (I. E. Real pics, only 1 person using the #, rates, etc.). Then even if you find reviews you have to take them at face value only. It's not necessarily the case that a provider is goin' to interact w/ each client in the same way and vice versa.

The fact of the matter is if you only see providers that have been reviewed online, the pool to pick from becomes very small. These broads go in & out of the net game very sporadically. There are many reasons why a provider hasn't been reviewed: 1) too new; 2) all clients are satisfied (I've found that cats are more likely to post negative reviews); girl only posts once in a while when the bills are due. Another thing to consider is that too many reviews can be a bad thing. I like dealing w/ broads that haven't been on the net forever. If I find out that a chick was reviewed goin' back to the mid-aughts, I'm no longer interested. Too hardcore.

As for after the encounter, if there was any serious problem I'll blast the chick w/ a negative review. Otherwise, I'm happy to share my experience if an inquiry is made at a specific provider.

Bottom line: I'm way to picky to further limit the potential candidates to reviewed providers.

That's my 2 pennies.

Pizzzzz

JJ