PDA

View Full Version : New way to advertise?

Kit Kat
01-28-10, 12:11
My good friend suggested a rather novel and modern form of advertising for us today.... QR codes. We're going to try putting up little stickers with a QR code in various strategic locations through out the state in an effort to expand our business.

So those of you with phones that can read QR codes, keep an eye out for them. If things work out, we may even try having QR codes with a discount code in them... ;)

xoxo Kat oxox

Newday53
01-28-10, 12:36
My good friend, and mostly silent partner, suggested a rather novel form of advertising for us today.... QR codes. We're going to try putting up little stickers with a QR code in various strategic locations through out the state in an effort to expand our business.

So those of you with phones that can read QR codes, keep an eye out for them. If things work out, we may even try having QR codes with a discount code in them... ;)

xoxo Kat oxox

Hi Kat, interesting idea but remember, most monger phones are cheap, little unsophisticated devices incapable of reading these codes (I believe). So, don't forget a discount code for the rest of us!! LOL ;)

Cheers!

Kit Kat
01-28-10, 13:01
Hi Kat, interesting idea but remember, most monger phones are cheap, little unsophisticated devices incapable of reading these codes (I believe). So, don't forget a discount code for the rest of us!! LOL ;)

Cheers!

We actually get quite a few emails from gentlemen with Blackberries, iphones, and android phones, all of which can read QR codes. My friend's research shows that QR code advertising is really big in Japan, and is starting to become popular in the US.

Check the rest room in your local strip club, we're going to bring you the 21st century version of bathroom graffiti advertising. ;)

xoxo Kat oxox

Newday53
01-28-10, 13:14
We actually get quite a few emails from gentlemen with Blackberries, iphones, and android phones, all of which can read QR codes. My friend's research shows that QR code advertising is really big in Japan, and is starting to become popular in the US.

Check the rest room in your local strip club, we're going to bring you the 21st century version of bathroom graffiti advertising. ;)

xoxo Kat oxox

Yes, the higher end phones do just that. I was just wondering if it will be cost effective for you given how many hobbyists use cheap throw-aways (aka, "monger phone").

For those interested, here's a link that may help to get you started (I'll be checking into my throw-away). I'll investigate some more.

http://www.qrme.co.uk/qr-code-resources/qr-code-readers.html

Cheers!

Member #4434
01-28-10, 21:43
It took all of 60 seconds to download the reader and see what her add contained . I think this might catch on .

I use my Iphone for everything , I don't bother with a ' monger phone ' since I'm not married . Then the error of my ways was pointed out to me , so I have a spoofcard account on it . If I'm calling a girl for the first time , or I'm not sure about the number I'm calling , I just change my number on their ID . The handiest thing I've seen lately. It's only 10.00 for 60 min. and I don't have to worry about another phone, if it's charged , where I left it , or anything else. I can keep all their numbers in my contact list, and dial from there. The only draw back , they can't call me back if I use a fake number . No ! Wait ! That's a good thing , isn't it ??

Kit Kat
01-29-10, 16:09
Yes, the higher end phones do just that. I was just wondering if it will be cost effective for you given how many hobbyists use cheap throw-aways (aka, "monger phone").

For those interested, here's a link that may help to get you started (I'll be checking into my throw-away). I'll investigate some more.

http://www.qrme.co.uk/qr-code-resources/qr-code-readers.html

Cheers!

It's been my experience that while clients may use their "monger phone" to call and make an appointment, they will generally use their "real phone" to view our web page or send emails.

As for cost, it was under $20 for 840 stickers.

xoxo Kat oxox

Newday53
01-30-10, 13:37
It's been my experience that while clients may use their "monger phone" to call and make an appointment, they will generally use their "real phone" to view our web page or send emails.

As for cost, it was under $20 for 840 stickers.

xoxo Kat oxox

Good point - didn't think about that. As for cost - its a no-brainer! Good luck with the new marketing campaign!!!

Cheers!

Davehter
02-19-10, 18:49
FYI: saw a Royal Touch QR ad today on another site and it worked well.

Captured easily and just the right info.

I was hoping for a coupon though!

Kit Kat
02-21-10, 12:28
FYI: saw a Royal Touch QR ad today on another site and it worked well.

Captured easily and just the right info.

I was hoping for a coupon though!

Sorry, no discount code in the online version. That would be way too easy...

There are some sticker versions out there with a $50 off code though. Let the scavenger hunt begin!

xoxo Kat oxox