PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Area AIDS/STD Clinics

Admin
12-31-99, 20:00
Thread Starter.

Nudus81
01-18-10, 12:01
This is a forum for sharing information on STDs. While it is a downer and something we don't want to think about, it is a real risk in this hobby. We're all here to enjoy ourselves, but we might as well deal with the reality of the risks.

Post information on the following resources:
1) Testing
2) Discreet doctors for prescriptions on positive tests
3) Transmission
4) Other relevant information pertaining to STDs.

A few resources:

STD testing: www.tstd.org

Ask a doctor and more STD questions:
Medhelp.com http://www.medhelp.org********STDs/show/116

BigTimeLoser
01-27-10, 16:23
Hey all,

For those interested in fast, anonymous HIV testing you can go to the Howard Brown clinic. www.howardbrown.org

You can get tested and receive results in less than an hour for free. On certain days, it can be up to 2 hours. This is much better than the county resources that take weeks to arrange or private clinics that charge $$$.

They do give you a survey to fill out regarding your sexual history. Seeing that they allocate resources based on your responses, being honest is best for them in the long run. They could not care less about my mongering before/after testing and definitely no "pressure" to change my ways. The results consultation just advised of the risks involved, not the morals.

Hope this helps some people.

Babeefacexxx
01-27-10, 21:53
Hey all,

For those interested in fast, anonymous HIV testing you can go to the Howard Brown clinic. www.howardbrown.org

You can get tested and receive results in less than an hour for free. On certain days, it can be up to 2 hours. This is much better than the county resources that take weeks to arrange or private clinics that charge $$$.

They do give you a survey to fill out regarding your sexual history. Seeing that they allocate resources based on your responses, being honest is best for them in the long run. They could not care less about my mongering before/after testing and definitely no "pressure" to change my ways. The results consultation just advised of the risks involved, not the morals.

Hope this helps some people.Thanks for the info!

Is the std testing free also? Or just the HIV?

Deizel5
01-28-10, 16:23
the "Center on Halsted" also has free HIV test and it takes like 15 minutes after the test to get results.

http://www.centeronhalsted.org/home.cfm

773-661-0910
3656 N Halsted, Chicago, Il 60613
You can make an appointment or walk in.

Even though it says for gay/lesbian ect it doesnt matter. I didn't even realize it was that sort of community center till they updated their website.

Jazz420
01-28-10, 17:31
The HIV testing is free at howard brown, you can get tested for everything except herpes and warts for $100. Its the cheapest I found, having a big deductible on my insurance I would have to pay full price for most STD testing.

Gary Man
01-29-10, 01:13
Chicago Dept of Health

Rapid HIV test, results during visit. STD test results in 7-10 days. Will provide meds for STD. Will only cost you your time: 4+hours.

Cook County also provides same services.

Chicago Clinics list:

http://egov.cityofchicago.org/city/webportal/portalContentItemAction.do?contentOID=536919287&contenTypeName=COC_EDITORIAL&topChannelName=Dept&blockName=Health%2FCDPH%2BClinics%2FI%2BWant%2BTo&context=dept&channelId=0&programId=0&entityName=Health&deptMainCategoryOID=-536888026#std

Sierrasmiles
03-09-10, 19:42
As a member of the adult industry still I still get my ful panel through AIM on a monthly bases and urge other to also the are extensive test and require that you give blood. Drop of locations are downton at OCHS but you must pay through AIM's website your result are sent to you in a link through your email account very discreet. For anyone needing to review these results you give them your password and link. MOre information below.

Adult Industry Medicine - AIM

https://www4683.ssldomain.com/aimcheck/vic/land.php

Mr Ganosuke
10-04-10, 21:15
Hit the cook county free clinic on 63rd. Aside from a long wait (4.5 hrs), it wasn't too bad. Just bring your ID and your patience. Screaming kids and abound. Had to endure the "swab" for the first time, would not like to repeat. If you haven't had the pleasure, it's no fun.

Be careful out there.