PDA

View Full Version : Why K girls?

B Malibu
12-08-09, 14:37
Curious as to why Koreans are the majority of providers in the US? South Korea is a well-developed country with a thriving economy. Plus, within the past several decades, they have really adopted quite a bit of our Western traditions. So why all the Korean MP immigrants?? I'm really interested in understanding this.

Ampboner
12-08-09, 18:22
Curious as to why Koreans are the majority of providers in the US? South Korea is a well-developed country with a thriving economy. Plus, within the past several decades, they have really adopted quite a bit of our Western traditions. So why all the Korean MP immigrants? I'm really interested in understanding this.Good question. My experience is #1. Have been married to a Korean provider. #2. Have had a girl friend who did it once for a very short time. & #3 Now have a girl friend who was a provider for more than 10 yrs before retiring in the late 1990's. I am not completely certain. Some come from less well off families. Prostituition is & has been an excepted entertainment for men in Korea for centuries. My 1st wife was divorced from an ex GI after a 5 yr marriage and knew of nothing else to do to earn $. She had no skills or education (she was a prostitute near an American military base since 14). She was 23 when she became a provider in the USA Had the commeraderie of other Korean females & a "family-like" envirnment & earned $. #2 Did it to earn $ for an apartment in Korea. She was educated and from a solid middle class family. #3 was also divorced from an ex GI when 22. Her friend told her she could earn a good living, which she did and now owns 3 dry cleaners & an asian grocery store. My feeling is that although it is not excepted for daughtors of most families, & certainly not the educated or wealthy that it is somewhat tolerated by many working class, less educated, or poorer families as a means of employment. All of those who I knew or know did not think that they were doing any thing wrong or out of the ordinary. They also are brought up in a culture where they are subservient to men & believe that they should serve men. I would also like to say that there are less Koreans entering this service industry today than 20-30 yrs ago. Less GI brides (typically prostitutes when in Korea) & more eduacted Koreans in professions, science, I. T. Etc. Entering the US now & married to Koreans. That is why most Korean spa's usually have older females working for them, unless they are illegally hiring those on tourist visa's. More & more of the states which have many asian massage parlors now have a new wave of immigrants. Chinese. Who are also from poor families & many with Chinese husbands who see it as another source of income that pays better than their wives working as waitress's.

Radische
12-10-09, 04:31
Good question. My experience is #1. Have been married to a Korean provider. #2. Have had a girl friend who did it once for a very short time. & #3 Now have a girl friend who was a provider for more than 10 yrs before retiring in the late 1990's. I am not completely certain. Some come from less well off families. Prostituition is & has been an excepted entertainment for men in Korea for centuries. My 1st wife was divorced from an ex GI after a 5 yr marriage and knew of nothing else to do to earn $. She had no skills or education (she was a prostitute near an American military base since 14). She was 23 when she became a provider in the USA Had the commeraderie of other Korean females & a "family-like" envirnment & earned $. #2 Did it to earn $ for an apartment in Korea. She was educated and from a solid middle class family. #3 was also divorced from an ex GI when 22. Her friend told her she could earn a good living, which she did and now owns 3 dry cleaners & an asian grocery store. My feeling is that although it is not excepted for daughtors of most families, & certainly not the educated or wealthy that it is somewhat tolerated by many working class, less educated, or poorer families as a means of employment. All of those who I knew or know did not think that they were doing any thing wrong or out of the ordinary. They also are brought up in a culture where they are subservient to men & believe that they should serve men. I would also like to say that there are less Koreans entering this service industry today than 20-30 yrs ago. Less GI brides (typically prostitutes when in Korea) & more eduacted Koreans in professions, science, I. T. Etc. Entering the US now & married to Koreans. That is why most Korean spa's usually have older females working for them, unless they are illegally hiring those on tourist visa's. More & more of the states which have many asian massage parlors now have a new wave of immigrants. Chinese. Who are also from poor families & many with Chinese husbands who see it as another source of income that pays better than their wives working as waitress's.You are B Malibu, indeed, a very interesting man. Married to Korean ladies, eh? I find most K girls quite lovely, some very beautiful. If it wasn't for their Kim Chee tradition, I might done the same as you!

AsianFan
12-10-09, 09:35
BM - You really have to understand the Korean history and culture to understand why there are so many of them working as providers in the US. Historically Korea as Ampboner Korean men have been using the women of the country for entertainment for centuries and in the early 1900s Japan made Korea a colony and turned many of the women into sex slaves and continued to do that through the end of World War 2. The Korean War introduced American GIs to Korean women as "entertainers" and this has continued to this day.

Women are not valued in Korea, once the Koreans were able to accurately the sex of a baby many of the Fathers insisted on abortions if the baby was a girl this became such a common practise that eventually there were not enough women for most eligible Korean men to get married in the country. That finally caused the government to outlaw abortion just based upon the sex of the unborn baby.

Girls were frequently sold by their families into slavery, which for most meant prostitution. The first girlfriend I had there had been sold by her parents to a mamasan who turned her into a prostitute. They used the profits to send her brothers to school. The girl had only about a 4th grade education, the thinking was that education was wasted on women. Most of these women jumped at a chance to come to the US and get away from their families, many couldn't even tell you the name of their home village and would buy family documents that were fake just to marry an American and leave.

In the 60s and 70s prostitution was encouraged by the government and every US military base had an adjoining village whose principal occupation was to service the American GIs. Google Korean red light districts and you will see how this had continued into this century. RLDs as they were called were only outlawed in 2004, so there are likely quite a few of the RLD former workers still available to come here and work.

The influx of Chinese in recent years is due to the changes made in the Chinese government that forced most government owned companies to go private and succeed or close. In a country where there was a very high employment rate, nearly everyone was employed by a government owned company, this sudden shift not only put many out of work, but out of a home as well.

I spent a lot of my life in Asian countries, speak several Asian languages and have a degree in Asian Studies. Women have never had a high value in any of these countries and are not well treated. For many coming here as a sex worker is better than staying in their own country and doing the same for a lot less money.

AF

Peorth
12-10-09, 13:04
Curious as to why Koreans are the majority of providers in the US? South Korea is a well-developed country with a thriving economy. Plus, within the past several decades, they have really adopted quite a bit of our Western traditions. So why all the Korean MP immigrants?? I'm really interested in understanding this.

Everything basically boils down to money, and reasons why they need it. Some Korean girls owe large sums to loan sharks back in SK. Some have families to support. Others do it to afford the material lifestyle they want.

I've meet US-born Vietnamese college girls working in HJ places. I saw them drive in with the school parking tag in the car. I'm pretty sure that her family isn't that poor when she's driving a new car and carrying a Ferragamo handbag.

Member #3991
12-13-09, 11:23
Don't also forget that South Korea is also a "visa waiver" country. Other than Japan, all other visitors from Asian need to get a visa for entry into the US. Same is true for Latin American. This makes it really easy for a gal from South Korea to work in a US AMP, albeit illegally, or via a Craigslist ad for 90 days a time without running afoul of DHS.

I'll bet at least some of these girls collect a fair number of frequent flyer miles on Asiana or Korean Air!

AsianFan
12-14-09, 09:33
Don't also forget that South Korea is also a "visa waiver" country. Other than Japan, all other visitors from Asian need to get a visa for entry into the US. Same is true for Latin American. This makes it really easy for a gal from South Korea to work in a US AMP, albeit illegally, or via a Craigslist ad for 90 days a time without running afoul of DHS.

I'll bet at least some of these girls collect a fair number of frequent flyer miles on Asiana or Korean Air!

This only became possible in 2007, prior to that they were like most other countries. So that does not explain why so many of them were here for years before that.

The military ex-wife makes more sense.

AF

Member #3991
12-20-09, 12:30

The military ex-wife makes more sense.

AF

Could be, it may be somewhat cultural/religious as well as you don't see many Filipina providers yet many military marriages from the PI as well.

Also, Thai people seem to like to stay at home and it might be more difficult for PRC girls to get a visa. It could be that the PRC also still places restrictions on travel for their citizens.

AngryAryan
01-25-10, 20:09
Koreans are generally much more attractive than the Southeast Asians anyway. When it comes to Japanese, you can take a trip to Japan and get tons of free tang provided that you are not a Black Man (I'm Black and I lived there for six months as well as Korea, non-military).

NeedToKnow
02-07-10, 22:47
I'm Chinese. I've had girlfriends of all asian descendents throughout high school, college, and grad school. I've done all types of clubbing in LA/OC/Hollywood, and met and interacted w/ all types of party girls. It is a known fact that, in general, Korean girls are BY FAR, the most superficial and materialistic girls. BY FAR.

That may have something to do w/ it.

Kpassman
03-26-10, 01:35
Easy, because they're are freaks on the inside!

Buck Nasty
03-26-10, 15:29
LOL

Put Korean and Armenian chicks on the same level.

I'm Chinese. I've had girlfriends of all asian descendents throughout high school, college, and grad school. I've done all types of clubbing in LA/OC/Hollywood, and met and interacted w/ all types of party girls. It is a known fact that, in general, Korean girls are BY FAR, the most superficial and materialistic girls. BY FAR.

BuddhaHead
03-27-10, 11:49

Talk about stereotyping. Besides, this has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Koreans are in the providing business to make money - like most others who are in the business. Does that mean they are superficial & materialistic? No. They are doing it as a job. Do they want the "nice" things in life? Of course. Don't most people? Aren't you attracted to pretty girls? Isn't that being superficial? Oh, you're better than those girls, BY FAR.

Also, most are here temporarily, for a short time, to make money and then return home. They are generally not the same girls with whom you see in clubs.

Lerrena
03-28-10, 21:56

Please...Hong Kong FOBs are the worst, most self centered, self entitled, do-anything-for money, screw anybody and screw-over anybody group of people in the world!

B Malibu
03-29-10, 02:29
Talk about stereotyping. Besides, this has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Koreans are in the providing business to make money - like most others who are in the business. Does that mean they are superficial & materialistic? No. They are doing it as a job. Do they want the "nice" things in life? Of course. Don't most people? Aren't you attracted to pretty girls? Isn't that being superficial? Oh, you're better than those girls, BY FAR.

Also, most are here temporarily, for a short time, to make money and then return home. They are generally not the same girls with whom you see in clubs.
I like your viewpont... makes sense!

Lift Her Up
06-27-10, 21:23
I'm a Caucasian male. In my ordinary professional (not sexy) life, I've dealt with dozens and dozens of young Asian women. Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indonesians. I have found the Koreans, like the rest, to be sincere and industrious, and not materialistic or superficial. I really like them.

Just my 2c worth.

--Lift Her Up

Member #3991
06-27-10, 22:06
... In my ordinary professional (not sexy) life, I've dealt with dozens and dozens of young Asian women. Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indonesians. ... I really like them.

Just my 2c worth.

--Lift Her Up

I like your professional life. Sounds like you get lots of nice opportunities to have some off the clock fun!

Lift Her Up
06-28-10, 01:46
I like your professional life. Sounds like you get lots of nice opportunities to have some off the clock fun!

Well, actually, no. I'm a pretty straight-shooter (er--maybe that's not the expression to use) on the job.

--Lift Her Up

AngryAryan
07-25-10, 02:23
I'm a Caucasian male. In my ordinary professional (not sexy) life, I've dealt with dozens and dozens of young Asian women. Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indonesians. I have found the Koreans, like the rest, to be sincere and industrious, and not materialistic or superficial. I really like them.

Just my 2c worth.

-Lift Her UpThat's because you're White. Whites have a MAJOR advantage with asian women while Blacks are at an extreme disadvantage.