PDA

View Full Version : Broadjumper's Reports

Admin
09-25-09, 20:32
Greetings everyone,

I have received a number of complaints about Broadjumper's recent posts, generally requesting that I take a range of actions from deleting his posts to banning him from the forum.

However, there was recent situation on another forum wherein I was blamed for causing a forum member quit the forum after I dared to ask him to post his diatribes in a separate thread, after which I had to defend my decision for the next 4 pages of posts. A small number of members threatened to quit in protest, others suggested instead that I should just have advised other members to use the "Ignore" function if they don't like what a specific member posts, and other members with actual balls chimed in to support my decision.

Anyway, due to these events, I'm just not all that enthusiastic about cracking down on what some members might consider just another "colorful" contributor, so I'm just going to pass the buck here by using a survey to ascertain the opinions of the membership.

The question is simple: What, if anything, should I do about Broadjumper and/or his reports?

Of course, there's no way I can win in this situation because somebody, either Broadjumper or his detractors, will be unhappy with the outcome, so all I'm really expecting to get is some sense of where the membership's compass is on these sort of situations.

As always, I look forward to receiving your input.

Thanks,

Jackson

Cash Value
09-25-09, 22:01
This is not the first time nor will it be the last for someone disrupting the forum. Since it was directed at me, I thought I would give my opinion. This forum is about Amps and like minded functions. Anyone that starts bashing other members should not be tolerated. But whats the best course of action? Hard to say, Jackson will get grief either way. I think, posts that have attacking content should be ignored like it has for years.

What to do when it gets out of hand? Exactly what Jackson is doing.

OldBill
09-25-09, 22:07
At some point people need to know enough to stop feeding the trolls.

Fe Maiden
09-25-09, 22:24
I don't think the open board should be used for arguments and insults. If he wants to do that, he should do it in PM.

Dylan
09-25-09, 22:25
Hey Jackson,

I say just ignore the whole thing. I've used this board for years, especially on the international side, and I've never seen anything like the Orange County part of the board.

As far as I can see, they're all a bunch of whiners, so why pay any attention to it?

Banning one member is not going to solve all the bitchiness in this little corner of the board. If you ban broadjumper, there's a line of miscreants waiting in line to take his place.

Personally, I just think they're all pissed because OC is full of [Political Commentary deleted by Admin], and the mongering outlets are minimal.

...or maybe it's because [Political Commentary deleted by Admin]?

Either way, I don't think that it's worth you or your assistant's time.

Dylan

Romper Room
09-26-09, 00:11
I thought this forum was to share useful and interresting events that other mongers would enjoy reading. No mater how erotic they may be. I think that's why we as mongers come here. To read the adventures of all that want to share. Everybody I believe likes details to ones visits. I know I do. Love the details. If you don't like reading things like this why are you here to begin with. Do you want to share going to the store to buy carrots or something? Maybe. I have PM several mongers about details but haven't posted much for fear getting bashed with something that might get taken wrong by some idiot. Enjoy everyone and don't leave out the details!

Romper

Two Blue
09-26-09, 00:17
The St. Louis board was filled by page-after-page of personal attack and none of it contributed to to quality of our hobby. It reminded me of a group of chimps at the zoo tossing feces at each other. Just ignore them.

PotShot
09-26-09, 04:11
I say ban his ass. He has contributed nothing,is just stirring up shit and wasting valuable reading time on this site. Cash's original post was most likely a joke anyway and he has always been a reliable supplier of good info. Even if it wasn't a joke I'd say she deserved the happy accident!

Quality Junk
09-26-09, 10:26
EVERYBODY deserves to be heard.

Like Tom Leykis would use to say (paraphrasing) 'you can always change the radio station if you don't like what I'm saying'

I'm sure some are attracted to the drama. But after reading a few posts by the offender, I gleaned nada, zilch, nothing of value about AMP, SW, C-list girls, LE operation, nothing of use for my hobbying. I turned the radio off - it's called the "ignore list". Pretty simple.

AsianFan
09-26-09, 10:34
I put him on my Ignore list right after he started all this crap, if we do that and have no reaction to his posts/taunts/attacks he will either stop or get the picture that no one is interested in what he has to say. Stop quoting him in your posts and ignore him altogether and it won't bother you either.

AF

Dylan
09-26-09, 14:36
Hey Jackson,

Personally, I just think they're all pissed because OC is full of Political Commentary deleted by Admin], and the mongering outlets are minimal.

...or maybe it's because [Political Commentary deleted by Admin]?

Either way, I don't think that it's worth you or your assistant's time.

DylanYikes, sorry Jackson, I didn't realize that political references are verboten. It's a big part of the culture 'behind the Orange curtain' as it is VERY conservative here. My Mistake.

Dylan

============================================

Hi Dylan,

The intent is to prevent arguments from breaking out over the subject.

The same holds true with references to sports teams.

Anyway, you're welcome to discuss politics in the designated political threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

Rocco D
09-26-09, 18:49
Remove him, period. I'm as tolerant as anyone, but he just takes so much away from the enjoyment of this board. Ignore, sure, but why should we have to? The "everyone has a right to be heard" theory is bogus. Sure, just not in a setting where it isn't warranted. When you have a virus, you erradicate it, no questions asked.

SteelyDan
09-26-09, 21:50
There should be no place for telling another member to leave the board like Broadjumper did. Thats a decsision for the Admin only. I think a stronger policy against personal attacks would do the board good.

Maybe a ban for a certain period of time would be good. Another thing I've found helpfull is an implementation of a reputation system where users can add to the reputation of a member for a good post or add bad rep for something that is out of line.

Dylan
09-27-09, 00:49
Yikes, sorry Jackson, I didn't realize that political references are verboten. It's a big part of the culture 'behind the Orange curtain' as it is VERY conservative here. My Mistake.

Dylan

============================================
Hi Dylan,

The intent is to prevent arguments from breaking out over the subject.

The same holds true with references to sports teams.

Anyway, you're welcome to discuss politics in the designated political threads.

Thanks,

JacksonLOL - no worries, then.

I'll be sure to leave out the religious references also, especially since I'm such a heathen.

As far as BJ's posts go, I've now re-read all of his posts, and they are all basically flaming one perssn or another, with no real 'tips' or advice for the rest of us, unless we like reading vitriol. They're basically worthless as far as actual intel goes...

Dylan

Dylan
09-27-09, 00:53
The St. Louis board was filled by page-after-page of personal attack and none of it contributed to to quality of our hobby. It reminded me of a group of chimps at the zoo tossing feces at each other. Just ignore them.
This was a great analogy - the only problem is when the chimps start hurling feces at one of US, which always happens sooner or later!

Maybe the St. Louis area is like OC - not enough mongering opportunities.

Dylan

Bluntress
09-27-09, 02:45
EVERYBODY deserves to be heard.

Like Tom Leykis would use to say (paraphrasing) 'you can always change the radio station if you don't like what I'm saying'

I'm sure some are attracted to the drama. But after reading a few posts by the offender, I gleaned nada, zilch, nothing of value about AMP, SW, C-list girls, LE operation, nothing of use for my hobbying. I turned the radio off - it's called the "ignore list". Pretty simple.I quite frankly think he should stay. There is a ignore button.

People will complain but happens when those same people offend someone should they be booted off also?

We are all different people & we all offend someone in some kind of way.

Maybe he should be limited to how many reports he can post in a month.

But don't ban.

Joe Coodidge
09-27-09, 08:11
Several options:

Perhaps an approach is to use the three strikes and you are out approach. One is a warning. Second time, downgrade their membership (i.e. if they are senior members make them just members). Third time, ban from site.

BruceBanner
09-27-09, 16:29
Then just ignore his posts! Such a simple solution to a very small problem. I've read his posts that have caused a riot among some members. Personally, I'm indifferent to it all. Everyone has a right to an opinion and can voice that opinion as long as it doesn't cause danger to anyone.

Fairwinds
09-27-09, 19:26
Remove him, period. I'm as tolerant as anyone, but he just takes so much away from the enjoyment of this board. Ignore, sure, but why should we have to? The "everyone has a right to be heard" theory is bogus. Sure, just not in a setting where it isn't warranted. When you have a virus, you erradicate it, no questions asked.
Exactly my feelings. This board is for monger information and the enjoyment of a special group of people who can share a special activity. We don't need hate and negativity. Ban him.

Monkey1234
09-28-09, 12:31
Jackson,

You do a great job and offer a great service. Thank you, and I think the majority will support your decision either way.

Also, thank you to Cash and others who offer usefull posts, without the need to attack or judge others.

Broadjumper
10-13-09, 20:29
Greetings everyone,

I have received a number of complaints about Broadjumper's recent posts, generally requesting that I take a range of actions from deleting his posts to banning him from the forum.

However, there was recent situation on another forum wherein I was blamed for causing a forum member quit the forum after I dared to ask him to post his diatribes in a separate thread, after which I had to defend my decision for the next 4 pages of posts. A small number of members threatened to quit in protest, others suggested instead that I should just have advised other members to use the "Ignore" function if they don't like what a specific member posts, and other members with actual balls chimed in to support my decision.

Anyway, due to these events, I'm just not all that enthusiastic about cracking down on what some members might consider just another "colorful" contributor, so I'm just going to pass the buck here by using a survey to ascertain the opinions of the membership.

The question is simple: What, if anything, should I do about Broadjumper and/or his reports?

Of course, there's no way I can win in this situation because somebody, either Broadjumper or his detractors, will be unhappy with the outcome, so all I'm really expecting to get is some sense of where the membership's compass is on these sort of situations.

As always, I look forward to receiving your input.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jackson et. al.,

See what happens when you go on vacation? You miss an opinion poll directed squarely at yourself! All kidding aside, I freely admit to having severely bent the "rules" regarding "flaming" another [thin-skinned] member, but I make no apologies for that, he had it coming. And I'll also admit to being perversely amused over being the subject of your poll, even if only 92 members took part. I'd like to point out that less than 30% believed my comments were were worthy of banishment, but it was only 92.

I scolded someone who seems to believe it's OK, even amusing, to assault a provider. I made no other moral judgements regarding anyone taking part in the 'hobby.' I made no political statement. But rather than rejecting deviant behavior, we're expected to be silent so avoid hurting some clown's feelings, 'cause he posts 'valuable' info? So he can go on thinking it's acceptable? I got it.

I understand this isn't the proper forum, so I'll refrain from such comments in the future just to keep the peace. But after reading the thread where some are actually DEFENDING some guy who raped two girls and knifed one, it all seems a bit surreal. Wait, I'm the BAD guy? Ok, got it.

But this is the your sandbox Jackson, and I'm subject to your rules. I'll ultimately accept any decision you make. I think you're fair. But as I was reviewing your rules, I came to those in a section called "Banned Words." It seemed more than a bit ironic:

"The words "*****", "*****" and "****" are not allowed because these words are commonly used to denigrate women, and that's not what this website is all about."

Based on recent actions, I'd suggest that our WORDS are the least of a provider's concern.

Cash Value
10-16-09, 16:27
Again with the names and saying I assaulted someone. Dude you rape every girl you see in an amp. Its funny how you say some crap and then just keep going and going. I was talking to your mom the other day and she said its cause youre kinda gay. Nothing wrong with being gay but maybe you should post more on the ASS forum.

Download X
10-17-09, 05:31
Greetings everyone,

JacksonWhen you troll or start flame wars, you are preventing other people from using the forum. That includes thousands of lurkers who are reading. There is no purpose served for personal attacks, or breaking simple rules. If people want to leave because you banned a troll, I encourage them to because thousands of others are for the happier by it.

On most other forums, the best step is to first delete offending posts. If they continue, then ban. There is no excuse for being warned by an admin and continuing to offend. Look at the two guys, they're still flaming each other. Ban them.

I'm a long term contributor at ISG, in case anyone wants to flame me.

Cash Value
10-17-09, 21:19
You know what? I'm done. Broadassjumper can post all his crap without me. Oh least not forget, his posts are so informative. Has he ever posted about an AMP? There are other forums that don't have so much drama. DownloadX is right, this is stupid. I'm tired and I'll just post somewhere else where I don't get flamed for posting. Hmmmm ever wonder why lots of lurkers and not lots of posters?