PDA

View Full Version : Best condoms?

Horny Dog #2
06-29-09, 20:15
I was interested to see if anyone on this board had any thoughts on their favorite type of condoms?

Of course, wearing a condom will never feel the same as wearing nothing, but it would be nice to find one that comes closest. I've heard that lambskin comes much closer than latex, but since lambskin is less effective protection against HIV/STD's, it is probably not the best option for mongering.

I think that the best I've ever felt were at an Asian apartment, where they had a large box of them. Unfortunately, the box was a plain white box (no brand name on it). I asked the girl what kind they were, but she did not know.

I have tried brands that advertise as ultra-thin or ultra-sensitive, but I have not found any that match the unknown brand at the Asian apartment.

So if anyone has any thoughts on the brand that feels closest to wearing nothing at all, please share your ideas here.

Farnwburbsguy
06-30-09, 19:20
I tried out the Trojan ecstasy and the were pretty good you should give those a shot.

Bgblz
07-02-09, 13:53
I understand that the question is about sensitivity, but there are other factors that can determine the "best" condom.

It is my understanding that lambskin is the best for sensitivity, but a condom with a spermicide offers a small margin of additional protection against STD.

I used a condom with spermicide and KY lube that had spermicide in it in the pass. I am looking for a lube with spermicide.

I also felt that in some cases less sensitivity helped me last longer and get more bang for my buck. Just my opinions.

BIG BALZ

Icecool2
07-07-09, 19:54
Trojans --the green box, I think they're sensitive for both you and hers.

Lifestyles are okay when you want to go cheap.

Happy Meals
07-08-09, 11:11
My two favorites are:

1. Trojan ultra-ribbed
2. Trojan ultra-thin

YMMV

Hadecologne
07-08-09, 17:39
Trojans - ultra ribbed, I carry them with me all the time and use them whenever I am at an AMP, EMP or any incall I visit!

Peter_Girth
07-09-09, 19:53
Geez, does everybody here shop at Wal-Mart for their mongering supplies?? How provincial.

Just kidding. Horny, almost ALL AMPs and Apartments use the Japanese brands, you can tell which one by the color. The pink ones (most common) are Kimono Microthin condoms. If you see a blue or green one, it is either a Crown Skinless or a Beyond Seven, both made by Okamoto. I cannot recall which one is blue or which is green, but it doesn't matter. These are the best latex condoms there are, beat Trojan, ect. hands down in every respect unless you are hung like a donkey. Since they are Japanese, they are made for slightly smaller peckers, but most of you guys out there will not have any problem with them. These manufacturers also make a "large" size for hombres with big dicks, or who think they have big dicks. But the general rule is if they can't get your dick into a Kimono Microthin they ain't going to fuck you, so it doesn't matter. ;^)

That said, this is one area of technology where the Japanese have let the round-eyes get out ahead of them. My all time favorite is the Durex Avanti. It is made of polyurethane and has a completely different feel from latex. First, the material feels a little "stiffer", which might put you off a bit at first, at least until you stick it in. Then you are in for a very pleasant surprise. Polyurethane has a higher thermal conductivity than latex and you really "feel the heat". Much better than a latex condom, comparable to a Lambskin (which ain't skin at all, BTW). Once you try an Avanti there will be no going back, except for one small thing, Durex has discontinued the "original" Avanti. Technology marches on.

The "new" Avanti, called the Avanti Bare, is not polyurethane at all. It is made from a material called polyisoprene. I have not tried the new Avanti, but I certainly will give them a go. Durex got scooped on the whole polyisoprene deal by Lifestyles' Skyn condoms. I HAVE tried those (got a sixer free from Safesense with my last order of Avantis) and they are GREAT. They give the same sensations of heat as the Avantis, but are more "stretchy" like latex, not stiff like polyurethane. I expect the new Avantis to be as good as or better than the Skyns.

There are still some of the original Avantis out there if you look, and the new Avantis are also out there as are the Skyn and Trojan's polyurethane condoms the Supra. I have tried the Supra too and they are really stiff, like cellophane. They do conduct heat like the others, but just do not have as nice a feel. BTW, you can buy Supras and Skyns at Wal-Mart, but they are cheaper online.

For what it is worth, you may love your Avantis but women tend not to like them very much, because of the stiffness of the material. I suspect the new developments in condom materials are due to complaints by women wanting the same sensation without the stiff feel of the material. Women can feel your cumshot through either the polyurethane or polyisoprene material, at first it might freak them out because they will think the condom has broken and you have dumped your load inside them. But when they realize the condom has not broken they will think you are a stud with boiling hot cum, and enjoy the feeling of being creampied without actually being full of your jizz.

There, that is the short version of my dissertation on condoms. Maybe later I shall write on on lubes for folks out there still using K-Y and other similar "old tech" products, not knowing science has provided them with a better alternative.

I do most of my shopping at either Safesense (http://www.safesense.com) or Condoms Express (http://www.condomsexpress.com), but there are lots of other online vendors out there. Condomania (http://secure.condomania.com) has great technical info, check them out too.

Horny Dog #2
07-11-09, 19:29
Thanks to all that have replied to this thread.

Peter Girth, you are a fountain of great info. I thank (and salute) you.

NC Wanderer
07-12-09, 10:13
Durex got scooped on the whole polyisoprene deal by Lifestyles' Skyn condoms. I HAVE tried those (got a sixer free from Safesense with my last order of Avantis) and they are GREAT. They give the same sensations of heat as the Avantis, but are more "stretchy" like latex, not stiff like polyurethane. I expect the new Avantis to be as good as or better than the Skyns.I have a latex allergy and avoid most condoms. As Peter says, the Lifestyle's Skyn is a great option for those of us that react to latex.

Peter_Girth
07-12-09, 14:36
I have a latex allergy and avoid most condoms. As Peter says, the Lifestyle's Skyn is a great option for those of us that react to latex.I have a cousin who is deathly allergic to latex. She cannot even wear socks and underwear which contain latex in the elastic bands. If anyone ever fucked her with a latex condom it would probably kill her. Not being melodramatic, it is just that she is REALLY allergic to the stuff. She is also allergic as hell to poison ivy and poison oak, and even is allergic to latex paint. No shit, she can hardly stand to be in a room painted with latex paint until the paint has had several months to "cure out", which sucks since most paint these days is latex and hotels, motels, ect are always painting something.

The Avantis, Skyn, Lambskins, ect have all been marketed using this angle. Maybe it was a concession to the FDA to get the camel's nose under the edge of the tent. It might have been that the FDA would have been less likely to review the products if they had put in their application solely on the basis of it feeling better to fuck with condoms made of the new materials. Especially in this country, where sex is supposed to be only for procreation and it to be enjoyed as little and as infrequently as possible. ;^)

I'll report on the new Avantis soon, as my stock of the originals is low and the new ones are out there on the market. I suspect I will be smiling while I write the report, maybe even jacking off. ;^)

Humpty Hump
07-12-09, 16:16
I once had a girl tell me she preferred lifestyles non lubed for giving blowjobs. She mentioned they have the least amount of unatural taste.

Horny Dog #2
07-22-09, 00:31
Peter Girth,

Ironically, after you started your post joking that others on the board must shop for their mongering supplies at Wal-Mart, I went to Wal-Mart and picked up some of the Skyns that you indicated could be found at Wal-Mart.

I have not seen the Japanese brands at any stores I have been at. You indicated that you do most of your shopping on-line, but if you happen to know of any stores that sell these brands, I would be interested to know. Also, I have seen Durex brand condoms at stores (including Wal-Mart), but not the Avantis.

Also, when you get a chance, I would love to read what you have to say about lubes.

PS, I wanted to nominate your prior post as a "post of distinction", but I was not sure how to do so. I see the link by each post to "report this post to a Moderator", but I did not know if that link would be only to complain about a post, or if also served to nominate a post for "post of distinction".

Carpe Dium
07-22-09, 21:15
The top condom in 2009 is.....

LapDogg
07-24-09, 00:40
and even is allergic to latex paint. No shit, she can hardly stand to be in a room painted with latex paint until the paint has had several months to "cure out", which sucks since most paint these days is latex and hotels, motels, ect are always painting something.

Nerd side coming out here... FYI, there is no "Latex" the rubber compound in Latex paint. It is a polyvinyl with acrylic resin.

Not saying that your cousin isn't allergic to something in the paint, and most likely the solvents.

real latex rubber contains hydrocarbon compounds and proteins from the tree sap. (which is also why you don't use oil based lubricants with latex condoms -- kinda dissolves them)

Happy Meals
07-31-09, 11:02
I'll report on the new Avantis soon, as my stock of the originals is low and the new ones are out there on the market. I suspect I will be smiling while I write the report, maybe even jacking off. ;^)Just tried the Avantis a couple of days ago. You are absolutely right! once you try them, there's no going back, the warmth sensation made me question if I was wearing a condom at all, or if it had slip off!

FnlvnGuy
11-29-19, 20:09
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Durex-Assortment-Latex-Condoms-144-Lubricated-Latex-Condoms-/293262555217

OrdLover
10-22-20, 02:10
It been 11 years since this was posted. Is the Avantis still the best feeling condom? Or is there a new one out that beats it in sensitivity?