PDA

View Full Version : Why is this site free?

Webcams
05-19-09, 00:09
Jackson, you have run this site for many many years, never asking for anything except proper grammar, and you put up banner ad's and never even pushed them on us.

I ask this question in the attempt I can get an answer, Why is this site free?

Hosting it has to be expensive, the amount of storage, the constant bickering, the list is endless.

Yet you put the site out there you let everyone use it and you don't sell a thing, so I ask again Why is this site free? By being free you allow people to take it for granted, now I can honestly say this site has saved more then one person from the jaws of a rob or LE, but all we can say is thanks.

Maybe I can convince you to open up a pay-pal account, or something so that every member could show there appreciation, send you a 5.00 instead of buying you a drink.

What do you say Jackson can we have an appreciation week for you?

P.S. I will click on all your banners.

Misfit
05-24-09, 06:50
Dude if it's not broke, then don't fix it. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate everthing Jackson does to keep this site up & running. Not to mention the fact that my grammer has improved with in the years I have been a member of this site. So let's keep USG free as long as possible.

Misfit

Golfcart
10-25-09, 03:27
Jackson, you have run this site for many many years, never asking for anything except proper grammar, and you put up banner ad's and never even pushed them on us.

I ask this question in the attempt I can get an answer, Why is this site free?

Hosting it has to be expensive, the amount of storage, the constant bickering, the list is endless.

Yet you put the site out there you let everyone use it and you don't sell a thing, so I ask again Why is this site free? By being free you allow people to take it for granted, now I can honestly say this site has saved more then one person from the jaws of a rob or LE, but all we can say is thanks.

Maybe I can convince you to open up a pay-pal account, or something so that every member could show there appreciation, send you a 5.00 instead of buying you a drink.

What do you say Jackson can we have an appreciation week for you?

P.S. I will click on all your banners.

Human behavior can be explained by sex, money or power. Jackson is doing this because of the sex it gets him, the money it pays him, the power that comes from it or the hope of the foregoing.

But sex attracts money and is power. Money can buy sex and is power. And power attracts sex and money. So one can really be the other or a blend.

There you have Jackson's payback. I wouldn't worry about him, though. I've seen no indication this goldmine of sex, money and power is for sale.