PDA

View Full Version : Are there still any "taxi dancing" places in business?

Pussylicker2
12-18-08, 02:45
I remember one in detroit, the sign said "Improve your dancing" and "partners provided" (it was on woodward 30 years ago). I only went a few times, but it was really nice. The girls were all dressed up, and they weren't allowed to approach the men. We'd ask them to dance, and give them a ticket, then you'd feel them up while you danced. They offered a "semi-private" room that cost extra, and a private room. You could get a hj in the semi-private. I think its a great concept, and I wonder why they're not around any more, or are they?

Turtleluver
08-13-13, 13:13
I remember one in detroit, the sign said "Improve your dancing" and "partners provided" (it was on woodward 30 years ago). I only went a few times, but it was really nice. The girls were all dressed up, and they weren't allowed to approach the men. We'd ask them to dance, and give them a ticket, then you'd feel them up while you danced. They offered a "semi-private" room that cost extra, and a private room. You could get a hj in the semi-private. I think its a great concept, and I wonder why they're not around any more, or are they?I liked those places too. Last place I saw one was in Washington state about 30 years ago.

Black Treechas
07-27-14, 21:56
I saw those for the first time in Times Square, NY. 1968, I think. I was 17 or 18, a high school kid on my first summer trip to the big apple.

I was very intrigued with them. But never went it. Just too shy. I think the sign said 50 cents a dance.

I was also amazed at all these black gals in times square that wanted to go out with me. They kept asking. Want to go out, want to go out? I thought I was really something. Or they just wanted me to buy them drinks. After a while I figured it out. But I did not indulge.

On our third night, we got up the courage to go into a topless place. They only served coke, and I think they kept their nipples covered. Ohh, those were the days. As they say. "youth is wasted on the young. ".

Theo Guderian
07-27-14, 22:09
"youth is wasted on the young. ".No shit there. I grew up just outside of Manhattan, took me a while, but I figured most things out. Damn if I could go back I'd burn the place down! Ahha.

Black Treechas
07-29-14, 01:40
I was told they are still in the US. But cater to Latino populations. And the price has gone up to $2. 00 a dance.

One place to look is in some of the towns north of NYC in hudson valley.

If your caucassian, you may or may not be welcome in these establishment.

TheBoobHound
04-20-16, 19:17
I was told they are still in the US. But cater to Latino populations. And the price has gone up to $2. 00 a dance.

One place to look is in some of the towns north of NYC in hudson valley.

If your caucassian, you may or may not be welcome in these establishment.I was in Los Angeles last year and came across two of these places. There's a considerable amount of discussion about them on the LA forum. They are sometimes mixed in with 'hostess bars,' though that's something different.

As Black Treechas said, it was a latino thing. All of the girls and all of the guys were hispanic.

Where I went was similar to what Pussylicker described. There was a big open room with a juice bar and a bunch of guys awkwardly standing around. Near one corner was a couch with a couple girls sitting on it. A guy would go over and talk to her, then they would walk into an adjoining room with a dance floor and music playing.

But first, they'd go over to a counter and get a ticket. Here, the time was charged by the minute, but I felt it was reasonable price. There were way more guys than girls, though, and that couch was often empty. The rest of us were waiting for one to come available.

Beyond the dance floor, there was a little theatre where you could sit with your girl and watch TV. No sex acts were performed during my visit, but I guess this where that would take place. The girl I was with gave me her phone number. But I didn't do anything with it, as I was leaving LA the next day.

It can be fun if you know the steps to salsa, bachata, etc. I actually enjoyed it and would return, or visit a similar establishment if there was one near me. There's just something really nice about holding a girl close during a slow dance.

Mr Sixty
07-05-16, 20:11
There used to be a website about Hostess Clubs in LA. That site is gone, but the FAQ is archived on ZBone, at http://archive.zbone.com/hc/zone/faq.htm.

I know this is an old thread, but for those still looking.