PDA

View Full Version : Multiple AAMP Busts

Yowzaa
12-21-07, 09:04
http://www.sgvtribune.com/news/ci_7765967

"ROSEMEAD - An online sex ad sting led to 37 arrests, counterfeit money and at least one human-trafficking victim.

The arrests were made in Rosemead, Monrovia, San Gabriel, Alhambra, Monterey Park and unincorporated Pasadena. Charges included prostitution, keeping or residing in a house used for prostitution and operating a business without a business license.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department led the sting - "Operation Red Light" - which was conducted Tuesday and Wednesday.

"Given the large scale and multiagency personnel, I thought the operation went very smoothly," Sgt. Tri Hoang said as he was tallying up the final arrest numbers Wednesday.

Three teams out of the sheriff's Temple station were involved in the daytime sting, as well as police from Pasadena, Monterey Park, Alhambra and San Gabriel.

Each team was paired up with officials from the Immigrant and Customs Enforcement and the sheriff's vice unit, headed by Sgt. Mario Estrada.

"What I am really hoping for is helping people who are victims of human trafficking," Estrada said Tuesday before one victim was found.

Estrada said he seized two counterfeit hundred-dollar bills, which he will forward to the FBI.

The sting targeted prostitutes who posted ads online, including on the popular classified Web site, Craigslist.

The ads, which typically do not list specific locations, listed what cities the prostitutes worked out

of, how many "roses" - or money - they cost, and offered a description of their bodies. Some included pictures.
During the two-day sting, authorities called numbers that were posted on the ads, set up times to meet the women and met them at the location the women suggested.

Authorities discovered townhomes and apartments that served as brothels, complete with hidden condoms, dozens of rolled towels, Kleenex boxes, bottles of lotion and baby oil.

"Yesterday, we had a pretty good operation. There were multiple different scenarios," Hoang said Wednesday morning.

Two women at separate locations jumped out of second-story apartment complexes and escaped from authorities. About 32 of the people arrested were female.

Most of the arrests came from Rosemead, including a location that was under surveillance in the 3800 block of Rosemead Boulevard that netted five arrests.

In addition, authorities made arrests at massage parlors and in hotel rooms.

"The amount of arrests made in the last two days was not alarming," Hoang said.

Though prostitution is a misdemeanor crime, these types of stings are more dangerous than the traditional operations that target men picking up street-walking prostitutes, Estrada said.

"You never know who is hiding in the house or what the officer is getting himself into," Hoang said. "

Uncle Rollo
12-21-07, 12:21
You would think that with the lack of funding and the gang problems in So Cal that the police could better use their resources for other crimes. All they did was shut down some places for a couple of days. They will be back working in a couple of days. Besides, who does this profession harm. Look at Nevada where it is legal. Just make it legal in So Cal and regulate it and let us have our fun.

Herdildo
12-22-07, 19:40
You would think that with the lack of funding and the gang problems in So Cal that the police could better use their resources for other crimes. All they did was shut down some places for a couple of days. They will be back working in a couple of days. Besides, who does this profession harm. Look at Nevada where it is legal. Just make it legal in So Cal and regulate it and let us have our fun.Amen brother. Preach on.

KingOfFighters
12-25-07, 03:57
Not really adding a report or anything but my guess is

1) Spread of STDs

2) Where sex is, other crimes usually follows (reason. Who knows, perhaps neglect from one or multiple parties? )

3) Majority of the people don't like to have sex around their neighbors especially ones with family.

Bigfoot16
12-26-07, 17:50
Not really adding a report or anything but my guess is

1) Spread of STDs

2) Where sex is, other crimes usually follows (reason. Who knows, perhaps neglect from one or multiple parties? )

3) Majority of the people don't like to have sex around their neighbors especially ones with family.I don't think Spread of STDs is a major reason for the busts since most providers use condoms. It is all the amateur unsafe sex that spreads disease.

I do agree with you about having sex around my neighbors and their family, I like to keep it private myself. LOL

Woodrow
12-29-07, 18:33
Some of you guys give the cops way too much credit. They don't bust MP's and houses because they are concerned about the spread of STD's. You're far more likely to catch an STD from a chick who hangs out in cop bars and gives it up for free than from the average condom-using provider. I'm talking here about the girls in MP's and apartments/condos, not the crack ****** on the streets of Downtown L. A. And Hollywood.

Nor does the enshrined LE "broken window" theory cover these types of establishments. Street prostitution, yes, MP's and condos, no. What crimes do these operations draw? If you buy into the stereotype of mongers all being sweaty perverts who would just as soon rape your nine-year-old or sniff glue as pay for sex from a consenting adult, then I guess you might believe that MP's and condos are hotbeds for all sorts of crime. But if you understand that mongers are everyone's husband, boyfriend, son, father, friend and co-worker, then you'll also understand how preposterous it is to claim MP's draw crime. We're all just guys trying to get laid, for crying out loud. Murderers and drug dealers are not restricted to providers. They have wives and girlfriends too. How we choose to pay for our sex (cash or marriage license) is not related to how dangerous we are to the community.

The crap about human trafficking is also a red herring. The cops themselves know this, and sometimes reluctantly admit it. For every sex slave working in these establishments, there are 100 others there of their own volition. You're more likely to see "slaves" in the US garment industry or Big Agriculture. However, it creates a good image and justification when they claim to be doing these stings to free these "poor girls" (who drive their BMW's to Morongo and Pechanga every weekend).

Home Moaner complaints have a lot to do with it, as do the vocal Religious Right, jealous wives and girlfriends, militant feminists and self-important do-gooders of every stripe. These are the people who vote and call to make complaints. These are the people politicians need to ass-kiss to stay in office. These are the people the cops are beholden to.

Federal grant money to combat terrorism, human trafficking, organized crime, etc. , is also a big motivator. A token big bust every now and then keeps the money flowing. It's just business. Just politics. Just another arrest. Just another number. Nothing personal. The fact that an arrest like this can ruin lives is of no concern to them. The cops are not demons and they are not heroes. They are just the legalized gang of government enforcers turned loose to establish Order, as defined by The Powers That B. Nothing more, nothing less.

OldBill
01-02-08, 11:41
Woodrow,

I agree with much about what you say and have pretty much said as much in the SGV Section, but besides being a monger, I also have the perspective of having spending time hanging out in a number of houses, once renting a room in a working house, and living in an apartment complex where there have been and still are a number of units engaged in this activity. Although I look at the gals as eye candy and recognize a few of them from other AAMP's, I don't monger in my own backyard.

Home Moaner complaints have a lot to do with it, as do the vocal Religious Right, jealous wives and girlfriends, militant feminists and self-important do-gooders of every stripe. These are the people who vote and call to make complaints. These are the people politicians need to ass-kiss to stay in office. These are the people the cops are beholden to.

You make the incorrect assumption that all mongers are gentlemen and the gals, their drivers and their customers are quiet and discreet. The discreet houses are seldom reported. The complaints from neighbors, hence busts come when:

1. When the gals are too visible and inappropriate.
2. When you have gals going outside and trying to poach customers who are headed for competing houses.
3. When you, your family, or your guests are greeted with propositions.
4. When the houses become too busy and generate too much traffic, or take up too many parking places.
5. When stupid drivers have blaring radios, slam their doors, loiter in front of your house or apartment, leave trash and cigarette butts in your yard while they wait for the girl to finish and come out.
6. When stupid mongers ring your doorbell after 10 pm because he comes to the wrong apartment. Or worse yet, grabs the door and insists he is in the right place. I have even been called a racist mofo who was not going to let him in because the color of his skin.
7. When stupid mongers harass or proposition or follow your wives, girlfriends, sisters or guests.
8. When stupid mongers are loudly talking on the cell phone as they walk in front of your apartment or who think talking louder will make the non-English speaking woman MMS understand better.
9. When stupid mongers or drivers block your driveway
10. When stupid, drunk mongers ding or hit your parked car and take off while the PPS or MMS looks on and doesn't tell you.
11. When asian or mexican gangbangers starting hanging out around your apartment.
12. When stupid monger falls in love with a working girl and becomes jealous and bangs on the door or kicks in the door.
13. When a boyfriend, fiance, or husband goes ballistic when he finds out what his "nice, traditional, Chinese gal" is really doing to afford that Louis Vuitton purse.
14. When you are kept up late at night because the shower, toilet, noisy ventilator, footsteps, noisy bedsprings, banging headboards, faux shrieks of passion next door.
15. When the working girl is screaming, yelling, crying, or hollering in pain because the guy is acting like an animal, raping her in the ass, or decides to remove the condom when switching to doggie. And as a neighbor you are worried that a woman is being abused.
16. When the house stays open past midnight and you are awakened by alarm beeps, cars slamming, loud rap music, drunk guys on their cell phones.
17. When the mongers are loitering, monitoring or stalking
18. When those two Mexican robbers are going around robbing houses as were occuring with regularity before the bust.
19. When you are inconvenienced by screaming or crime-scene police tape because your working-girl neighbor had the bad manners to get herself stabbed 23 times and dies bloody and naked on the street.

Oc Amper
01-02-08, 14:07
6. When stupid mongers ring your doorbell after 10 pm because he comes to the wrong apartment. Or worse yet, grabs the door or

This is one of the more complete list of possible reasons that I've seen in these forums. Specifically, #6 is likely to have brought the busts in Irvine during the fall of this year. I recall reading some of the neighbors stated that men were coming around at all times of day and knocking on the wrong door.

Now we know why the girls would come down and meet us at the car, so that there is no possibility of a misunderstanding of the apartment number.

OldBill
01-02-08, 14:50
This is one of the more complete list of possible reasons that I've seen in these forums. Specifically, #6 is likely to have brought the busts in Irvine during the fall of this year. I recall reading some of the neighbors stated that men were coming around at all times of day and knocking on the wrong door.

It was soooo bad that I put a big sign on my door begging them not to ring the doorbell and directing them (with arrows) to the buildings with the units that offerred Chinese massage. Guess what, they still rang the friggin' bell.

One of the operations in the neighborhood was smart and had a very old Chinese grandma meet the customers and walk them in.

Woodrow
01-04-08, 21:50
Hey Bill, I stand corrected. You made a lot of good points which I did not consider. You're right, you have to be a good neighbor and you have to be discreet. At the same time, it must be noted that unthinking and inconsiderate mongers can ruin it for everyone in all sorts of ways, and you certainly pointed out a few!

Thanks for the counterpoint!

Hugga Bugga
01-10-09, 22:31
It was soooo bad that I put a big sign on my door begging them not to ring the doorbell and directing them (with arrows) to the buildings with the units that offerred Chinese massage. Guess what, they still rang the friggin' bell.

One of the operations in the neighborhood was smart and had a very old Chinese grandma meet the customers and walk them in.That's ridiculous, they are too stupid to monger.