PDA

View Full Version : Be aware!

Woohoo59
06-27-07, 08:18
Guys, by all means enjoy the summer street action and the scantily clad ladies.

But keep in mind that late summer typically experiences serious LE shut downs and stings. My own arrest on Holt happened late in the season last summer.

I dont know the reason why late summer gets consistently shut down but I have seen it the last 4 years or so I have been mongering. It holds true throughout Southern California.

Follow the basic rules and trust your gut. When in doubt, TJ is always a sure thing.

Dont fall victim to the social Nazi's.

Funfunfun69
06-28-07, 20:05
I would imagine the stings are mainly complaint driven, but maybe there are more complaints late summer when more sw's are out.

Psycho Knight
06-29-07, 05:34
Guys, by all means enjoy the summer street action and the scantily clad ladies.

But keep in mind that late summer typically experiences serious LE shut downs and stings. My own arrest on Holt happened late in the season last summer.

I dont know the reason why late summer gets consistently shut down but I have seen it the last 4 years or so I have been mongering. It holds true throughout Southern California.

Follow the basic rules and trust your gut. When in doubt, TJ is always a sure thing.

Dont fall victim to the social Nazi's.

Why is this useless post copied on several Calif forums? What are we supposed to do, what until winter to monger? You were arrested in mid-Sept, that doesn't make it summer at all.

If we fear an impending shutdown, wouldn't that be motivation to get as mucha action as possible before the "shutdown"?

You don't think stings happen year-round?

Why are you admonishing us to follow the rules and trust our gut? Instead why don't you give the details of your citation for loitering for intent to solicit? There was no followup. Now that would be useful info: how it went down and the consequences.

Woohoo59
06-29-07, 15:12
Why is this useless post copied on several Calif forums?

Encouraging my fellow hobbyists to be careful to avoid arrest and the subsequent damage it causes is anything but useless.

I placed it on several boards in order to inform as many people as possible. I'd like everyone to remember to follow the rules and avoid arrest. Not just people in Pomona. Everyone.

What are we supposed to do, what until winter to monger?

Clearly you didn't read or didn't understand the first sentence I wrote. I'm gonna guess you scored low in reading comprehension on your SAT's. No offense. ;)

You were arrested in mid-Sept, that doesn't make it summer at all.

You are correct, sir. September is not summer calender-wise. Weatherwise however it typically is. You'll have to forgive me for thinking of September as late summer. Having said that I see the end of summer stings beginning between early August into mid September. I hope that clears things up. Please excuse my liberal interpretation of summer weather-wise versus calender-wise.

If we fear an impending shutdown, wouldn't that be motivation to get as mucha action as possible before the "shutdown"?

Do whatever works for you. I don't want to dictate strategy to you or anyone else. I simply wanted to share my firsthand experience in the hope no one else would needlessly experience the shock, expense and consequences of arrest. Feel free to heed or disregard my opinions as you will.

You don't think stings happen year-round?

I know they do. I also know that they seem to increase around late summer to early fall.

Why are you admonishing us to follow the rules and trust our gut?

I'm not admonishing anyone. I'm sharing info.

Instead why don't you give the details of your citation for loitering for intent to solicit? There was no followup. Now that would be useful info: how it went down and the consequences.

Now theres a good idea. I was indeed arested for loitering with intent to solicit prostitution. I tried to talk this young lady into my car while she attempted to get me to talk money or sex acts. This young lady was of course a decoy. I never mentioned money or sex acts consequently my case was dropped. That's essentially it.

The gist of my warning was to always follow the basic rules in order to minimize your exposure. I broke several basic rules beginning with the first one. I spoke to her while she was outside my car. I never should have rolled down my window; I should have pointed at the unlocked door, waited for her to get in, driven away a bit and done an LE check. I also should have driven around the block first to look for LE; had I done that I probably would have seen the large mobile station set up VERY nearby. Colossal newbie mistakes exacerbated by both my overconfidence and by having the little head over rule the big head.

The moral of the story is to always follow the rules. They do a great job of keeping you out of trouble.

PsyberZombie
06-29-07, 15:24
You were arrested in mid-Sept, that doesn't make it summer at all.

You are correct sir, September is not summer calender-wise. Weatherwise however it typically is. You'll have to forgive me for thinking of September as late summer.... Please excuse my liberal interpretation of summer weather-wise versus calender-wise.

This is mostly Off·Topic , but as long as we're debating about the Season of Summer ,
Woohoo59 is closest to being correct

Summer ends on a day known as the FALL or AUTUMN EQUINOX

This day usually falls on SEPT 22nd , but this year Summer ends on
SEPT 23rd at 2:54 a.m. PDT [ or , for you astronomers , 0954 UT / GMT ]

Woohoo59 may or may not be accurate in his assessment of the increased risks of
getting arrested in late Summer , but the least you Californicator guys could do is
Thank him for making it

JMHO .....

Psycho Knight
06-29-07, 21:52
Thanks for the details - not the seasons changing details (nobody cares), the arrest details.

Thanks!

PS
What's an SAT?

Did you say to enjoy summer mongering, or to be careful because of the rise in stings? Or to enjoy summer mongering stings?
Nevermind . . . I'm just messing with you. I still don't think its good to give template advice across several forums, but since you gave up the goods on the arrest . . . we're cool.

Psycho Knight
06-29-07, 22:01
Woohoo59 may or may not be accurate in his assessment of the increased risks of
getting arrested in late Summer , but the least you Californicator guys could do is
Thank him for making it

JMHO .....

Why? . . . . . . . .

Marlowe
07-01-07, 19:46
Thanks for the details - not the seasons changing details (nobody cares), the arrest details.

Thanks!

PS
What's an SAT?

Did you say to enjoy summer mongering, or to be careful because of the rise in stings? Or to enjoy summer mongering stings?
Nevermind . . . I'm just messing with you. I still don't think its good to give template advice across several forums, but since you gave up the goods on the arrest . . . we're cool.

SAT=Scholastic Aptitude Test, you have to take either this test or the ACT (
American College Test) in order to be accepted to any four year college of repute (does not include USC, unless your an athlete).

Hizark21
07-01-07, 22:58
Intent to solicit arrest..

Did this arrest occur recently...?? About 2 years ago the Costa Mesa police tried to arrest guys for criminal intent to solicit. The case was dropped after appeals court invalidated the law.. Hopefully the cops are not still trying to use this law.