PDA

View Full Version : Cloak option

Spazen
06-13-07, 22:16
You can place your name in someone else's ignore list invisibly.

De-cloaking would cost you money though (For a good cause).

Spazen

Permanent Wood
06-11-10, 21:02
Interesting idea, it made me think of the uses, like denying someone from reading your posts who has proven to be an ass.

Member #3969
06-11-10, 21:22
I would LOVE to see this feature as well as limiting who can pm me to seniors only as I get too many pm's from lurkers/newbies that bring nothing to the forum.

Interesting idea, it made me think of the uses, like denying someone from reading your posts who has proven to be an ass.

Golfcart
06-11-10, 21:27

I take this to mean PWood could "cloak" himself to me so I couldn't see him but he could see me and I wouldn't know anything was different. To me it would appear that PWood had left the board. Interesting.

Just brain stormin' here, but PWood could say all sorts of bad things about me which of course PWood would never do and I wouldn't be the wiser.

If it worked this way, wonder what I would see if PWood said something about me and got quoted by somebody else, wonder what the quote would look like on my screen.

I think it would cause confusion.

What would really be slick is if Jackson, instead of banning somebody and kicking their ass out, would just link them to Google so when they clicked on USASG they would end up on Google instead. But then we wouldn't have all those funnies to read on Banned Users Hall of Shame and I do enjoy that board so.

So I don't like the cloak option and I don't like my idea.

Golfcart
06-11-10, 21:32
Anybody who reaches 500 posts should be made to start over. What do you think of that idea, Horny?

I would LOVE to see this feature as well as limiting who can pm me to seniors only as I get too many pm's from lurkers/newbies that bring nothing to the forum.

Permanent Wood
07-04-10, 12:14
I take this to mean PWood could "cloak" himself to me so I couldn't see him but he could see me and I wouldn't know anything was different. To me it would appear that PWood had left the board. Interesting.

Just brain stormin' here, but PWood could say all sorts of bad things about me which of course PWood would never do and I wouldn't be the wiser.

If it worked this way, wonder what I would see if PWood said something about me and got quoted by somebody else, wonder what the quote would look like on my screen.

I think it would cause confusion.

Maybe have it so only members you already have on your ignore list would be available for the cloak option. You can ignore them and cloak them too, even trade.

As far as quotes, you would still see the quoted text of the cloaked member in a post by someone else, same as it is now for a member on your ignore list. The cloaked member would also see your quoted text in other members' posts.

Also, keep in mind, you will still see that the ignored member posted and the cloaked member will see you have posted, but neither will see the others' post, what they will see is a disclaimer so-in-so posted but it is hidden since he is on your ignore list.