PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Forums

Member #5605
12-14-06, 18:42
Now that a "New Year" is coming, perhaps "forum consolidation/expansion" can occur in various states (e.g. CA) once all the old categories are "locked" after 2006 expires. (Seperating forums by COUNTIES in So. CA-and allowing the "city forums" within them would be workable I hope!).

Member #5605
12-17-06, 14:29
Since all of the "Orange County" cities (Newport Beach, Costa Mesa, etc.) were wisely consolidated under "Orange County" (in the "California" board), can a "sub-forum" of "North County" please be added for 2007 under the "San Diego" forum?

P.S. Consolidating "Riverside" and "San Bernardino" into an "Inland Empire" forum would work well too (everyone in So. CA knows where the "Inland Empire" is!)

Double Nickle
12-17-06, 17:16
There is currently not one "Massage Parlor Reports" thread under Connecticut although one or more would be very useful. Waterbury could have used one in 2006 but with all 10 AMPs now shut down it isn't needed in 2007. Some have thought none of the 6 Norwalk massage parlors of 2006 will make it into 2007 but I hope otherwise. Bridgeport probably has about half a dozen massage parlors too. Most other towns or cities in Connecticut don't have more than one massage parlor.

I would propose a "Massage Parlor Reports" thread immediately under Connecticut. I would like to see one under Norwalk as well. Local government is putting pressure on Norwalk massage parlors - let's flame the SOB's to a crisp.

Double Nickle

Member #5605
01-01-07, 23:53
Now that 2007 is here, can the "upgrades"/changes be made? Not sure what all it takes, but they will be welcome. Happy 2007 to all.

Double Nickle
01-11-07, 11:29
Thanks to LoveLOS Washington DC now has a Reports of Distinction thread. Senior Members cannot add threads immediately below the State level so this is 2 levels below. I think adding a Reports of Distinction thread immediately below the state level for all states should be considered. In small states such as Connecticut mongers commonly travel the entire state and all the neighboring states as well.

Adding a General Topics thread to all states would be an alternative. This way a general state Reports of Distiction thread could be added there.

Most forums have an uncluttered look which is a big plus. If adding a Reports of Distinction thread and perhaps a Massage Parlor thread immediately under the state level made things too cluttered some consolidation could be done. Smaller places might be put under the Other Areas sub-forum.

Double Nickle

Divepro
03-28-07, 21:37
This was my best guess at the right topic to pust this under since I can't
create a new thread. Apologies if it's not appropriate here.

I asked this question in the San Jose forum, and, the few responses I got
seemed to think that it was a good idea, so, I'm going to suggest it here
hoping that the admin. staff will consider it.

There's not a lot of traffic individually in the various forums for the South San Francisco Bay Area of California (Redwood City, Palo Alto, Mountain View, Los Altos, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, San Jose, Fremont, Newark, Morgan Hill, Gilroy) and most of those cities are pretty close together. As such, I think it would make sense to have a California->South Bay forum rather than one for each city. Another reason to do this is that the boundaries in this area are confusing enough that providers get listed in the wrong forum fairly often.

I think that similar consolidation for East Bay (Oakland, Hayward, San Leandro, etc.), Penninsula (San Mateo, Burlingame, San Francisco, etc.) and North Bay (Marin County, Solano County, Napa County, Sonoma County, etc.) would also make sense.

Member #4581
03-29-07, 06:27
I'm sure it would be a chore, but if the pics could be divided by geographic location that would be great. This could be a semesters' project for a couple of interns if there are any colleges in your area.

DropFrame
04-09-07, 23:18
First, I must complement you on the new thumbnails feature. It really improves the forum.

Now for the however part. Because the photo gallery opens photos in a separate window, I have become used to closing that window after looking at the photo, thus revealing the gallery beneath. When I click on a thumbnail it opens in the same window. Several times I have forgotten whether I was looking at a photo from the gallery or from a thumbnail and inadvertently closed the window, thus closing the forum and having to start the forum over again. It might be a good improvement to have photos always open in a separate window to keep consistency.

What do you think Jackson?

Orlando J
06-26-07, 18:31
Greetings,
Is it easy to be able to link to a report and show the report in its thread (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=541302#post541302) not the single report (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=541302&postcount=9). If we can click on the right side button of the report and a menu pops up as when we click on a member name (as picture shows). The menu pops up with choices including linking to this report as a single report or as part of its thread.
Thanks Jackson for this great site.
J

Benchseats Rock
06-26-07, 21:13
Greetings,
Is it easy to be able to link to a report and show the report in its thread (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=541302#post541302) not the single report (http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=541302&postcount=9). If we can click on the right side button of the report and a menu pops up as when we click on a member name (as picture shows). The menu pops up with choices including linking to this report as a single report or as part of its thread.
Thanks Jackson for this great site.
J

Just use the post tag.

Orlando J
06-27-07, 00:25
Thanks but would not it be easier if you use the click to include links?
Thanks again
J

Just use the post tag.

Zero Cool07
06-29-07, 14:14
We need an area to post for Alton, IL. This is a hotbed area that 6 or 7 times a year alot of people get busted. They have even picked up alot of church big wigs in the last few years. They just had a large CL bust where they posted a simple little add and busted over 15 guys. So if any area needs an info. Forum it would be Alton, IL.

Orlando J
07-06-07, 02:18
Greetings
I noticed this by chance. Users can access their uploaded attachments after logging in using this link:
http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/profile.php?do=editattachments
It's very helpful. If you uploaded a picture before and your new report needs this old picture. You do not have to edit the picture for uploading it with the new report. You can use this link and you can display them as thumbnails.
I am suggesting adding a button in the user control panel menu to edit attachments.
Thanks
J

Member #4581
07-06-07, 07:21
It would be nice if you could view photos by location/state.

Benchseats Rock
07-06-07, 07:37

You can.

Just use the "Sort by Location" field on the Photo Thread.

Benchseats Rock

Orlando J
07-06-07, 10:47
Personally I did not notice this feature at first. As BSR said. Here is what I do but if there's a short way let me know.
-There's a hyperlink or button to browse photos (marked in the attached picture).
-Once you are in the photo gallery. You can hit another button and select to sort by newst/filename/username/forum. If you pick forum you would find they are alphabetic.
-Hit next page. Then estimate which city you want to browse. Replace the page number in your url.
Example:
http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/fileslist.php?sortby=4&fid=&page=740
Change 740 to a different number.
-The number would change with the number of uploaded photos. Thus I do not know if it's easy to program it! Definitely if there's a button with a map that would be awesome.
Thanks
J

Member #5605
01-03-08, 01:48
Since there are so many providers advertising under CL, it is important that they be "evaluated" by us mongers in the specified geographic region they provide in. This is not intended to promote CL at all, but instead to keep the mongers provider EVALUATION OF SERVICE at the forefront of each forum. As providers are now switching to CL to "advertise" themselves, I think it is important that THIS FORUM adapt in order to insure that mongers who "utilize" a provider's "services", be kept abreast (no pun intended!) of who is providing what, where, and for how much!

Member #5605
01-09-08, 11:58
While the "22 Rules" weren't bad, an important one got left out-approach the girl WALKING, so LE can't pull you over, cite you for "loitering with intent to solicit prostitution", AND IMPOUND YOUR DAMNED VEHICLE (at least here in CA!). Speaking of CA, the CA board needs a good "clean-up", with anything from before 2007 ERASED! Several forums of the LA County area need to be "consolidated" into an "LA County" forum (which is the equivalent of a "state" unto itself!). Postings of SW encounters are probably going to continue "declining" as the CL method is adopted by them. MP postings should remain steady, but only as long as the MP's remain existent. It sucks when they "evaporate".

Member #5605
01-20-08, 13:33
It is time to CLEAN THIS BOARD UP! It is 2008, and I fail to understand why there are still posts on here dating all the way back to 2004! While the size of a the server may allow for it, why have all this "ancient history" information?

Keep the posts limited to what has been posted since 01/01/2008, and let the ancient stuff vaporize as it should. Also, the CA boards really need a BIG CLEANUP! Some forums have not been posted to in OVER A YEAR! Some forums just need some "geographic consolidation" (all the LA community Forums (San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley, Inglewood, South Bay, Dowtown LA), under an "LA COUNTY" forum (as the "Orange County" forum consolidated all the CITIES that posts were made of BEFORE 2006!).

Doesn't number of posts, or lack of, determine a geographic area's "vialbility"?

Jasper Malloy
01-21-08, 01:34
I don't know, I rather like having the historical data available. Occasionally names pop back up.