PDA

View Full Version : Senior Membership Criteria

Deadeye
11-30-06, 14:24
Dear USASG Members:

Under the current system, regular members are upgraded to senior status whenever they have been members for six months and have accumulated at least 25 posts.

I feel that these requirements for senior status are far too easy to manipulate. As a result, senior status is becoming meaningless.

I suggest the following changes:

The problem with the current system is that a person can acquire senior status without acheiving the purpose of this forum, which is the exchange of information between men who are looking for sex with women.

Theoretically, you can wait six months and then post 25 "off the wall " comments in a one week period and be awarded senior status.

Senior status should represent more than just showing up at the game. There should be at least some minor contributions attempted.

I suggest that we keep the current criteria in place but add an additional requirement. After six months and at least 25 posts, let the entire membership of USASG have the final say by voting on whether or not to confer senior status upon an eligible member.

We could set an arbitrary number, let's say 50 votes, as the threshold for obtaining senior status. Once the candidate receives the 50 votes then he is admitted.

Some possible benefits are:

1) This will empower the membership and encourage participation in the forum by allowing members to vote on senior status.

2) This will allow current members to choose between someone who has provided good information versus someone who is offending others.

3) This will reduce the likelihood that people who break the rules of this forum will be granted senior status.

4) This will increase the quality of the posts of those who wish to become senior members.

5) This will make it more difficult for troublemakers to become senior members.

Perhaps someone can suggest a variation of this method that will work better.

Regards,
Aamco

Double Nickle
12-03-06, 19:21
Jackson, you still don't get it do you?

I'm not against the rules, just those blue notes. It scars the whole forum.

Okay, now I understand, so let me explain (for the 10th time, not to you, but to other's in the past)

The "Editor's Notes" strategy has proven to be the only effective method for policing the Forum.

Originally, I tried just editing the reports, but I got tired of repeatedly editing reports from the same Forum Members who were consisently ignoring the Guidelines.

Then, I tried sending emails to the authors of the reports I was editing, advising them that I had edited their report and asking them to please follow the minimum requirements of the Posting Guidelines. This was quite time consuming, and in the end proved to be ineffective given the large percentage of email address in the Forum database that were either abandoned or rarely checked.

Finally, as a last resort, I adopted the Editors Notes concept, which has proven effective for several reasons, as follows:

1. Forum Members generally read their own reports, and thus there was a high probability that the author of an edited report would subsequently read my Editor's Note at the bottom of their own reports.

2. Other Forum Members would read the various Editor's Notes, and thus would be made aware the existence of the Posting Guidelines and govern themselves accordingly.

3. The Editor's Note was much easier for me to implement because I could copy and paste a notes directly into the report on an "as needed" as I was performing the normal daily routine of moderating reports.

4. The Editor's Note, coupled with the downside of having their reports delayed, and the upside of potentially being upgraded to Senior Member, is effective, although I sincerely wish that more new Forum Members would read the Posting Guidelines first before they start posting, thus saving all of us from watching them go through the education process.

5. Finally, I did seek the input of the Forum Members regarding the concept of using the Editor's Notes in this survey section, and the overwhelming response was positive.

Anyway, that's why I currently employ the Editor's Notes concept, but if you have a better suggestion, then please let me know,

Thanks,

JacksonSubjecting a Newbie's first 25 posts (or more if under 6 months) to Jackson's Editor's Notes is an excellent method of molding him into a proper senior member.

It is a lot of work doing this. Other members can help Jackson out by education or mild correction of a Newbie over the same 6 months or more worth of posts. In certain circumstances a certain amount of flaming might be useful.

After 6 months or however much longer it takes for 25 posts the new senior member should have some inkling of proper procedure. But Jackson's editing ordinarily stops, so the onus of education and correction falls fully on the shoulders of the rest of us.

Sometimes a senior member will demonstrate grounds for demotion back to regular membership or even banning. For example, a senior member with 26 posts in the Baltimore MP thread threatened posting of a phone number, which is forbidden. He had apparently been warned. Perhaps a new thread "Downgrades" should be started under Site Administration. Unworthy Senior Members who had slipped through the cracks could have their inadequacies outed. Demotion to regular or banning could be proposed.

Double Nickle

Big Red50
01-16-07, 00:12
Dear USASG Members:

Under the current system, regular members are upgraded to senior status whenever they have been members for six months and have accumulated at least 25 posts.

I feel that these requirements for senior status are far too easy to manipulate. As a result, senior status is becoming meaningless.

I suggest the following changes:

The problem with the current system is that a person can acquire senior status without acheiving the purpose of this forum, which is the exchange of information between men who are looking for sex with women.

Theoretically, you can wait six months and then post 25 "off the wall " comments in a one week period and be awarded senior status.

Senior status should represent more than just showing up at the game. There should be at least some minor contributions attempted.

I suggest that we keep the current criteria in place but add an additional requirement. After six months and at least 25 posts, let the entire membership of USASG have the final say by voting on whether or not to confer senior status upon an eligible member.

We could set an arbitrary number, let's say 50 votes, as the threshold for obtaining senior status. Once the candidate receives the 50 votes then he is admitted.

Some possible benefits are:

1) This will empower the membership and encourage participation in the forum by allowing members to vote on senior status.

2) This will allow current members to choose between someone who has provided good information versus someone who is offending others.

3) This will reduce the likelihood that people who break the rules of this forum will be granted senior status.

4) This will increase the quality of the posts of those who wish to become senior members.

5) This will make it more difficult for troublemakers to become senior members.

Perhaps someone can suggest a variation of this method that will work better.

Regards,
AamcoHey Aamco:

Great Photos. I am still a regular member, and agrre that the current senior members should vote on new senior members of the fraternity. Let your posts speak for them selves, If you don't ant to contribute intel, just lurk, you can still post, just not immediatley.

I will stand on my reports

Big Red

Lurker52
01-16-07, 11:57
I think that members here, or in any other forum on any other subject, "earn" their credibility by the quality of their words, not the quantity. In my very humble opinion, the 25 post figure seems arbitrary. In fact the idea that any quantity of posts is "enough" to prove sincerity and ability is arbitrary in and of itself. It's what you say, not how often you repeat it.

I'll wait six months, report any intel I come up with, and comment on others' posts if I think I have something of interest to others. I'll try to RTFF first on anything, even if that requires going back to archived threads. I'll try to be respectful of senior members and refrain from criticism, even if I think it's "due" in my own mind. If I don't get to 25 posts in six months it will be because I don't have enough to contribute, but I'll certainly avoid the stupid exchanges of kudos or questions that sometimes seem entirely motivated by post count.

So I, for one, have no objection to some sort of voting, screening or vetting that goes beyond the posted requirements. I don't think I've seen a flock of newbie jerks, but I only read a few forums from my region. One thing that has struck me about this forum is the intelligence and writing ability of the senior members. The posts often have a lot of entertainment value of their own. Trusting some sort of group process to vet new members doesn't bother me in the least.

Member #3948
01-29-07, 19:08
The curreent method in use is sufficient. Anyone can find out if annother member, senior or regular is for real or full of Shirt. All that has to be done is look at their past posts.

I often get requests from members who would like a number and I vet them by reading their contributions allong with asking my "known" friends if they know anything about them.

Any rule or requirement can be abused or broken. Like finding a woman you just need to do a little homework.

What I unfortunately need is a spell check. I sometimes kick myself for not paying better attention in spelling class. I was allways looking at Mary's ass...

Steel Blue

Lurker52
01-30-07, 10:12
I agree that the worth or non-worth of a member's contributions pretty much stand on their own - and that as long as senior members are careful in their sharing of information, the designation shouldn't matter as much.

I'm willing to be patient and I'll share what info I discover.

Mac Jones
12-23-07, 22:59
There are senior members and then there are senior members.

I probably don't qualify as either yet, but the difference I see is that there are some posters with many posts and zero quality. Technically they are "senior. " There are other posters with 15 posts with good info that jives with others posters. I think this is what the original poster is getting at.

I agree with checking a posters previous posts to review their credibility, in your best judgment. After all, there is no real "proof" to be had here in the online world.

As for exchaning information in-person, I don't know any "hobbyists" where I live or usually visit. Sure I see their vehicles but I've never stopped to chat one up. I'm usually trying to beat them to the next corner where I saw that great looking SW! Same thing in a MP, I've never talked to anyone else there.

I suppose if I ran into one of you at a high-end place in Nevada, Europe, or Asia I'd have plenty to say and ask; until then, I doubt that I'll find myself talking about the relative merits of the local talent with some guy at the barbershop or lunch counter.

Luknaround
02-17-12, 22:19
Hey Aamco:

Great Photos. I am still a regular member, and agrre that the current senior members should vote on new senior members of the fraternity. Let your posts speak for them selves, If you don't ant to contribute intel, just lurk, you can still post, just not immediatley.

I will stand on my reports.

Big RedI have only been posting a little over 4 months. I have 68 posts or so. Not everyone has as much meaning as the other, but I have provided many good posts, with reviews, phone numbers etc. I have had many senior members PM me for info which I have provided and I have tried to not breach any rules. But even with 68 posts I have not achieved the infamous Senior status. Although it is not like you achieve "vesting" or tenure or something, but most members will not provide girls digits unles you have that "status" of Senior as if 6 months is a magic number that LEO couldn't achieve just by waiting. I too agree quality of posts, and a 50 or so number should have priority over having to wait 6 months.

Penis
07-02-12, 22:05
Everything I've read states that it's 6months and 25 posts for an "automatic" upgrade. It's been 6 months, I have 32 posts, and I'm still not a senior. I do note that many of the things I've read about upgrade criteria are some years old but it would be nice to know if they've changed or not.

I'm articulate, able to write coherent sentences, and maybe some of my posts haven't been revelatory they've at least been productive by relating experiences or engaging in conversation. I mean, what more can you really ask for?

So come on, Admins, what's the real story with the elusive Senior status?

Rockey7373
04-14-17, 23:10
I have 1 point, not sure what that means. Please explain.

In your case it means that your posts need to be checked by an adult before they go live.

A2

DarkSideOfMe
09-29-18, 07:42
To becum a senior member all you have to do is fit "GOD, a2's "mold, suck his dick a few times or let him fuck you in the Ass a few times and you have becum a" Senior" its that easy! Some don't give in and are punished!

Or, put up 25 posts and be a member for six months without doing some shit like this.

3% of the senior members need to continue to be moderated. You make it obvious why you are one of them.

A2

Cconno5571
06-23-22, 18:51
Can a admin tell me how to obtain a senior membership?

KyJohn
03-12-23, 22:30
Can a admin tell me how to obtain a senior membership?I would like to know the same thing. (Or maybe I'm just padding my numbers to obtain senior status).

Cheyeane
03-15-24, 14:28
Been going to kawkawlin spa for over 20 years now and still get treated real well there. There is a new lady running it now and she used to be one of the working girls there. Her name is Lily. The prices are reasonable and you can even get two girls if you want. You have to tip well but you are treated very well also. Like any other spa, the good looking women are come and go. Treat them well gentlemen.

BoRegardHer
03-16-24, 00:48
Been going to kawkawlin spa for over 20 years now and still get treated real well there. There is a new lady running it now and she used to be one of the working girls there. Her name is Lily. The prices are reasonable and you can even get two girls if you want. You have to tip well but you are treated very well also. Like any other spa, the good looking women are come and go. Treat them well gentlemen.Really don't think you meant to post this here. Probably meant to be in Saginaw, MI massage thread. Might want to repost there.