PDA

View Full Version : Sex trafficking

Hizark21
11-12-06, 23:05
Sex trafficking & San Francisco story
(http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/10/06/MNGR1LGUQ41.DTL )

I am very disgusted by sex traffickers. This is one reason why I go with SW's. A SW has the option of quitting even if she has a pimp. SW's are always cheaper as well.

Baltimonger
11-13-06, 00:21
Personally, I don't like this thread. It inherently gives anti-sex trade adocates a platform.

Almost all of the statistics and opinions stated in the story are dirtectly taken from Trafficking Victims Protection Act, H.R. 972 (2005), which was passed by Congress 12/14/2005. The support was bipartisan, led by the religious right and the feminist left. The bill is marketed as an anti-trafficking law, but the actual legal language reads as generally nothing more than an anti-prostitution statute. This affects all prostitution, not just massage parlors or illegally trafficked workers.

Virile Vito
11-13-06, 00:39
Personally, I don't like this thread. It inherently gives anti-sex trade adocates a platform.

Almost all of the statistics and opinions stated in the story are dirtectly taken from Trafficking Victims Protection Act, H.R. 972 (2005), which was passed by Congress 12/14/2005. The support was bipartisan, led by the religious right and the feminist left. The bill is marketed as an anti-trafficking law, but the actual legal language reads as generally nothing more than an anti-prostitution statute. This affects all prostitution, not just massage parlors or illegally trafficked workers.Also, the girl in the story, even if you accept it at face value (which I find most difficult to do - all second hand, supposedly You Mi's story, but almost no quotes from You Mi; the other main sources of info were LE here and in Korea, the huge bullshitters trying to "save" the AMP workers) was at the least extremely naive. Never heard of a credit card? In Korea, one of the world's most repaidly modernized, electronically dialed-in societies? MPs in Korea offer customers extras but those in America offer nothing? And her mother was involved in the industry?

What about the girl You Mi rode with, making a repeat (2nd or 3rd?) trip to America? Was she suckered again? What about You Mi's friends/co-workers who had paid their debt and were working for housing, clothing, food, etc? Do the rest of us work for something else?!

I did feel sorry for You Mi regarding her treatment by the border driver. What a pig. And some of the customers deserve to get beat to a pulp for abusing the women. Truly the scum of our earth.

But You Mi ended up w/ a green card and an American boyfriend (hmm... former customer... guess not all of those customers are assholes). Then she threw her friends, co-workers and her industry under the bus.

Vito

Robux
11-13-06, 01:23
Baltimonger again takes a complex issue and distills it to its essence in 100 words or less.

Bad Bad Boy
06-17-07, 12:15
I totally agree with Baltimonger. We really don't need to give these anti's any more ammunition to use against us. They are doing quite well without our help.

As I have said many times before, prostitution should be legalized and no stigma should be attached to those who procure sex or the SW's who provide it. I also believe prostitution should be a voluntary decision on part of the girl and she shouldn't be forced into it.

Regarding the argument that drug use force women into prostitution is not a valid argument since it was a free choice on their part to use drugs. Since women are paid for their service, I don't consider them victims either as many would like to portray them.

BBB

Tomkat4848
11-28-08, 20:01
I totally agree with Baltimonger. We really don't need to give these anti's any more ammunition to use against us. They are doing quite well without our help.

As I have said many times before, prostitution should be legalized and no stigma should be attached to those who procure sex or the SW's who provide it. I also believe prostitution should be a voluntary decision on part of the girl and she shouldn't be forced into it.

Regarding the argument that drug use force women into prostitution is not a valid argument since it was a free choice on their part to use drugs. Since women are paid for their service, I don't consider them victims either as many would like to portray them.

BBB

I agree with what you say but I think prostitution should be decriminalized rather than legalized for obvious legal reasons (LIKE KEEPING GOVERNMENTAL REGULATORS OUT OF THE PICTURE).

ManuelJellison
06-27-20, 19:55
I agree with what you say but I think prostitution should be decriminalized rather than legalized for obvious legal reasons (LIKE KEEPING GOVERNMENTAL REGULATORS OUT OF THE PICTURE).Yes it should be.

MongerSeeker
01-04-24, 07:04
Personally I support this new law. But I wonder where all they are seeing all the minors they talk about. It is fairly rare to see minors. I have noticed that there appears to be more pimps around. Many of these criminals operate very openly. I have always disliked pimps. They drive up prices and cause a lot of problems. I have heard that the pimps are ones responsible for the high prices on the west coast.

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/california/californias-crack-down-on-human-trafficking/509-5f3d8d4a-e086-420a-94e6-e2d36ad7156d

Benevolent1991
01-04-24, 08:22
Personally I support this new law. But I wonder where all they are seeing all the minors they talk about. It is fairly rare to see minors. I have noticed that there appears to be more pimps around. Many of these criminals operate very openly. I have always disliked pimps. They drive up prices and cause a lot of problems. I have heard that the pimps are ones responsible for the high prices on the west coast.

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/california/californias-crack-down-on-human-trafficking/509-5f3d8d4a-e086-420a-94e6-e2d36ad7156dHere's the problem, some minors are in on it. They see it as a fast way to collect money so they will willingly say they are 24 or etc, run ads, then of course when they get caught, they want to save themselves. I been looking at several cases and some are runaways, maybe forced, but others bring me to this conclusion. There's a case where a doctor was on seeking arrangements. He matched with a chick. Flew her out a few times and turns out she was 16. He was charged with human trafficking but later it was dismissed. There is a case in Georgia where a girl was a minor. Her mom worked overnights and left her with a friend. Articles say the friend would give her drugs and alcohol and pimp her out while engaging with her himself. They were caught during a vehicle traffic stop. The article said that went on for 3 months. So I mean for three months, grades aren't slipping? She couldn't tell mom? Friends aren't noticing a personality change? The article said he did give her some of the profit. Draw your own conclusion. Now all the men that thought they were getting a consenting adult become fucked.