PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Letters to the Editor

Pages : [1] 2 3

Admin
01-01-04, 00:00
Thread Starter.

Joe Zop
01-02-04, 10:14
Jackson, just a note that I very much like the way you've moved the private messages notification to the top of the Main Index page. Saves me having to scroll down to see it every time I enter the forum.

Best wishes for a very happy and successful year!

Carlos Primeros
01-04-04, 17:05
Jackson,

Thank you for the good work you have done. A happy New Year to you, keep on going.

Carlos Primeros

Member of the honourable order of AMA

PsyberZombie
01-04-04, 19:11
Greetings and may the Blessings of Life be upon you , Jackson!

It has not gone without notice that of late my posts are heavily edited

Are my writings _that_ far outside of your Posting Rules?

How can a Man who dedicates himself to Indulging in the Pleasures that Exisitence has to offer, be so STRICT in how others Communicate their Ideas?

I've enumerated the reasons for the Posting Guidelines in the Posting Guidelines themselves. Please read them. Generally, the purpose of the Guidelines is to improve the quality of the reporting and to improve the readability of the reports for others.

The Posting Guidelines are not that strict. Essentially, don't write in any style that you don't see employed in a standard newspaper story.

Thanks,

Jackson

No_Commit
01-06-04, 01:32
Happy belated new year, Jackson.
Would you be kind enough to tell me how I can get subscription to various threads? Being an idiot, I couldn't locate the button on the control panel and couldn't find the instructions in the FAQ.
Cheers
NC

Si Ma Yi
01-06-04, 06:05
Hi Jackson

I want to edit my profiles so that I can send and receive PM, but due to my ignorance I couldn't do so. Please advise.

Thanks

To review or change your profile in the WSG Forum's membership roster, please login and select the "User Control Panel in the left side menu.

Freeler
01-06-04, 06:16
Jackson,

Happy NewYear - Sawasdee PiiMai!

Could it perhaps be included in the Posting Guidelines that senior-and regular-members use eachother's handles correctly?

I finally got to reading these pages again after some lousy proxied Thai internetcafe's blocked me out and all I see is Bil going crazy over a perfectly normal topic, in the Thailand > Samus Aran in Thailand section, where I posted this message as well,

Thank you,

Freeler in Thailand

Lee Bog
01-06-04, 22:02
Happy New Year Jackson!

Much thanks for your efforts on this great forum.

I was wondering, how can someone with 7posts be a senior member?

This is true of baggerr.

Thanks

He was grandfathered into the status when I first started the Regular Member / Senior Member system.

J Burb
01-07-04, 14:05
For my 100th post, Id like to take a moment to thank you Jackson for providing such an interesting and useful website and especially for doing it at no cost or absurd obligation to its members. Ive quickly transformed from a curious reader who always had a passive interest in this game, to a well informed seasoned hobbyist who frequently reports here.

I attribute both the success and safety of my numerous adventures directly to the info Ive found on your site and wish you all the best in your continual development of it. It's a real epitome of first amendment expression!

J Burb

Shamas
01-08-04, 03:21
Jackson,

I just tried to post on the San Jose Costa Rica Report 2004 and the thread is not yet opened. I'm I doing something wrong ?

Would you PM me on how I can make a contribution to the WSG charity without using a CC, I'm having plastic problems right now.

Thanks ever so much

Shamas O'Dognasty

Robux
01-08-04, 11:59
Jackson,

There is a new abreviation that is gaining popularity on the Baltimore, MD board that might merit inclusion on the Terms and Abreviations page, as it has prompted posts seeking its definition by those that searched for it unsuccessfully in the the T&A's.

CCL -- Concentration Camp Lean, adj. Used to describe a provider that is deathly skinny, usually from drug abuse.

What do you think?

BTW, I will be mailing out my donation of $150 to WSG Charities next week in the form of a money order, as promised.

Robux

OttoGraham
01-08-04, 12:30
Originally asked by Shamas

Would you PM me on how I can make a contribution to the WSG charity without using a CC, I'm having plastic problems right now.

Thanks ever so much

Shamas O'Dognasty

This one is easy. I don't contribute by CC either, so as to save the commission fee for the charity. Send a check or money order made payable to WSG Charities:

WSG Charities, Inc.
Post Office Box 899
Dover, Delaware 19901

-Uncle Otto

MeatMan
01-10-04, 14:18
Same here,

I just mailed a donation to WSG Charities as promised.Keep up the good work guys! this board has benifited me to the utmost!Hopefully, you should be reciving it this week.

MeatMan

Crazy Jim Wood
01-10-04, 22:37
Jackson, how about a Japanese addition to the glossary:

Sumata: simulated FS, with or without cover, finishing between the provider's thighs in simulated mish or her hand in simulated cowboy rubbing cock against pussy or ass. This is a standard option in Japan, especially MPs, generally proceeded by massage and CBJ, and usually priced above HJ and BJ, but below anal and FS, but often available for free if the provider gets tired of the HJ/BJ.

Thanks,
CJW

Dick for Brains
01-11-04, 19:16
Jackson,

Is there any way that you could enable links to function within the body of a report.

For example, in today's Buenos Aires section there is the following report from SteveC:

"Further to OttoGraham's comment: a link from the London Observer.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1120524,00.html

Some kind of power struggle going on."

It would be great if I could simply click on the link rather than cutting and pasting the text into my server address location.

Thanks,

DfB

I can't turn it into a link, but if the author places a and at each end of the text when submitting the report, it will turn it into a link.

Jackson

Joe Zop
01-15-04, 11:51
Thank, Jackson, for finally killing off Bil's stuff in the Thailand SA section. The whole argument's been a huge waste of everyone's time and energy, yours included, and I hope things get back to people simply posting field reports, asking questions and giving information. You patience and good nature is much appreciated, as always.

Pussey Lover
01-15-04, 14:30
Dear Editor Jackson

I post a report in 1\12\04 in the report from "Prostitution and Law Enforcement", and you rite to me this:

Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to fix dozens of simple, idiotic writing errors. In fact, this report was so bad that I can only assume that you just don't give a damn about creating extra work for me. To avoid delays in future reports, please proof-read your reports before posting them. Please review the Forum's Posting Guidelines for further information. Thanks!

Dear Jackson

I fill very sorry abuth that, you are hundret persent rite. But please understand, i am now in the u.s.a. i just come from Europe, i can hardly English, i only can not hold my anger for Country John, so i post that, even my English is not good

Agin Jackson, Thanks You do a great job.

Hi her555,

I generally make exceptions for members who English is not their 1st language. On the other hand, standard capitalization and punctuation rules are essentially the same across all Latin based languages, so not being proficient in English does not justify, for example, not capitalizing the pronoun "I".

Thanks,

Jackson

Pussey Lover
01-18-04, 13:04
Thanks for all your hard work here, and thanks for understanduing my point.

Thank you!

her555

Robux
01-21-04, 01:21
Jackson,

I'm mailing out a money order today for $150 to WSG Charities. Sorry it took an extra week. I put "Robux" on the money order so you know it's from me.

This is the only way I see to express my gratitude to you for all the joy this sight has given me. The amount is about what I spend on a good night of mongering. To do a good deed in the processes is just icing on the cake.

Thank you again for all you do,

Robux

Thanks Dude!

PsyberZombie
01-21-04, 17:59
Jackson:

Well, I hope you see that I'm now consistently using your Posting Guidelines.

In other words, there is no longer any need for you to waste your valuable time
editing my posts, as you would a Regular Member.

My Eternal Thanks Yet Again to you, Jackson, for this Wonderful Place!

MeatMan
01-21-04, 19:16
Hi Jackson

By any chance has my money order arrived? I put "meatman" on the stick-it note so that you'd know.I mailed it Monday the 12th.

I hope it arrived!

Have a good one!

MeatMan

Hi MeatMan,

Yes, I received it yesterday. I takes a few extra days because it has to be forwarded to be from the Delaware PO Box.

Thanks,

Jackson

Pussey Lover
01-22-04, 19:01
Hi Jackson,

First I want to thank you, for all your hard efforts for providing such a great forum. I love reading all the reports, I really enjoy it. In fact I am addictated to this great board.

I am now to this, and I am not good in English, so in my post you write to me: "this report was so bad that I can only assume that you just don't give a damn about creating extra work for me."

Jackson ! I am ashamed to write this, and it is not truth at all, I am krazy for you, for putting up this great site, but my english is not good!

As you can see I am making progrees, my report is better, in fact I will report a great report from my trip to Kiev, so please do not get angry, it will get better, like you write to me on 01\15\04 "I generally make exceptions for members who English is not their 1st language".

Thanks again,

her555

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to meet the Forum's Posting Guidelines (http://www.wsgforum.com/postingguidelines.html).

JT
01-22-04, 20:06
Hello Jackson,

I first want to say that I have been a member of your awesome board since the late 1990's and you ROCK! Thanks! This board is like the grand daddy of monger sites! I always feel comfortable here and feel like it is my duty to contribute here because this site provided me with soooo much information, it is unbelievable! Thank YOU!!!

On another note, I must bring to your attention something that disturbs me greatly. You are probably aware that there are other websites out there that compete with yours (or try to compete). I am a member of a couple (but feel like I am a valid part of the great WSG) because I like diversity. Most of them are involved in bashing each other, which I do not participate in. I really try not to get involved in the bashing and trashing of other monger websites. I do notice that they all leave you and the WSG out of their bashing, which means that they all respect you and the WSG. I have noticed that today, for the first time (that I personally noticed), the site bashing showed it's ugly head on the WSG. I am both appauled and irked. The basher is Surfer, whom I have no problems with. He publically bashed a website that I hold dear to me.. www. u m v c l u b . c o m. I really feel that it is unprofessional and crude to bash another website here, in the unbiased monger site of yours.

The unnecessary bashing is in the Cartagena Colombia secion of the forums by an individual who hates the other site, SURFER.

I feel that I cannot contribute any more to this great site (which I respect highly) until this matter is taken care of. Please understand where I am coming from.

I sincerely appreciate your time and website,

JT

Otter Trax
01-23-04, 05:24
i would like to bring attention to the fact that the thailand photo section of the forum has deteriorated into a thread of rants between senior members on **** providers and their utilization by contributors. i noticed in one photo section you remanded contributors to take a discussion out of the photo section because of the inappropriate posting of general discussion. i am of the opinion that the photo section serve the intended purpose of reports with photos. it detracts when unrelated posts clutter the section. can this be rectified?

otter trax

Head Snap
01-27-04, 17:10
Jackson:

I agree completely with you that I should have posted the information on treatment of STDs I provided on the Tacoma, Washington board to the general forum membership. However, I am unable to locate the STD board. Its probably just an oversight I my part but can you please direct me to the proper location and I'll re-post the message.

Cheers,

Head Snap

It's in the Special Interest section, under "Safe Sex".

Thanks,

Jackson

Freeler
01-28-04, 11:43
Jackson,

You wrote:
Hi her555,

I generally make exceptions for members who English is not their 1st language. On the other hand, standard capitalization and punctuation rules are essentially the same across all Latin based languages, so not being proficient in English does not justify, for example, not capitalizing the pronoun "I".

Thanks,

Jackson

I believe that English is the only 'Latin based' language that allows people to capitalize themselves, as in 'I'. In other languages persons like you are capitalized, like 'Sie' or 'U'. Ich, ik, je and so on are only writen with a capital when these words are used to start the sentence, which is normal. Further more, I think it is rather brave for a person who realizes that he writes in difficult foreign language, to do it anyway and post! It is definitely a lot braver than lurking.

Your point is well taken.

Thanks,

Jackson

Sainter
01-30-04, 05:38
Jackson, may I please have your permission to post a charity website in the Thai section. They do a lot of good work for disabled and underprivileged children in Thailand. www.ccdthailand.com if you want to check it out. I'll delete this post if you have objections. Thanks.

MeatMan
01-31-04, 00:13
Hi Jackson

As dumb as it may sound,How about a room strictly for flamers because, that's all I've been seeing lately.Looking for my blue Light special too :D thanks!

MeatMan

Robux
01-31-04, 19:04
Jackson,

I see that you received my donation to WSG Charities. Thank you again for all the good work you do.

Robux

MeatMan
01-31-04, 20:02
DITTO!

Pauline Hanson
01-31-04, 23:32
Report deleted by Admin.

DeepInTexas
02-01-04, 06:51
Jackson. Love your site, been coming here for quite a long time.

So long in fact that I miss a feature that was here before you took over. That feature is the detailed reports. Miss them a lot.

For those who don't know what those are, here's a quick over view, plus why I would like to see them come back.

Let's say I go visit Happytown in the great country of Monger. When I come back, I can of course give out short detailed encounters, plus answer questions like I can now.

Years ago though, I could also post a lengthy report. In this report I would start with my pre flight story. Getting a visa, a ticket, telling how my flight went. I then might talk about what I learned while going through customs. Info on the things everyone would have to go through in order to get there.

I'd let them know what to expect at every turn.

Then I would of course talk about the encounters on a day by day basis. Maybe in great detail just to spice it up.

But I would also talk about everything else. Where I ate, what I saw, how it was, what I recommend and so on. Maybe talk about how I almost got mugged, or tell people about the great restaurant I went to. Maybe recommend a museum, or tell people how the phone and transit system works.

Basically because for those who want to get an over all picture of what it's like to go to Happytown, Monger and live there for how ever many days, this is all useful information.

A person has to eat, and even the greatest sex machine needs some time off and might like to do something else to enhance the over all experience.

Basically they were FAQ's. In there own sections, or in the very beginning, maybe even in the regular section. Back when the membership was you, me, Fred, and that crazy nut in Wisconsin. The wild west days.

These reports were sometimes better then novels to read and allowed a person not only to share the full wealth that they experienced, but allowed others to really get a feeling of what it's like and to expect before going.

It was a great way to answer not only the basic questions that every new person has, but a well written one really made you feel like you were there and made you want to go and then come back to contribute.

I'm not saying that they were better then the new system, but they were a nice feature. I guess that's why you still have a few on the main home page.

I guess what I'm saying is bring them back. Put a section as it gets requested in the different countries and let the pros really get a chance to let others know what there trip was like.

Basically, I just feel that bringing back the detailed reports would be a good thing with many benefits, and very much in the spirit of this site.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

DIT

Toxic
02-01-04, 09:03
Whats stopping you from doing it now? Please do tell, a lot of us like to read it.

Toxic
02-01-04, 09:09
I looked at my own post and it looks to me like I'm being rude. I didn't mean it that way, sorry. I ment, seriously a lot of us like the kind of post you're talking about. So please post them.

Thanks, Toxic

Freeler
02-01-04, 09:55
DeepInTexas,

I used to give info on how to get there and where to eat.
But guess what: All the dumbfucks - excusez le mot - still take taxi's and still eat in overpriced, cockroach invested restaurants.
I'm not wasting my time anymore.
At least not by writing detailed reports...

DeepInTexas
02-02-04, 01:26
Toxic

The reason I'm not currently going to post one is because the forum isn't set up to handle one. That's not criticism on the forum which I love, it's just a fact.

A detailed report posted as it's setup now would take up a ton of pages, and that would piss people off having a huge post in the middle of a bunch of smaller ones.

What I'm saying is I would like to see a place in each country section where a person could post it separately. Maybe upload a text file like you can do now with pictures. That way it would still make it easy to navigate and search within the section.

Which I guess also brings up a good question. Are we allowed to upload a text file?

I don't know. I guess I just miss them. That's all. I felt they had great value. A good detailed report was worth it's weight in gold. Not only did it get a person exited about going there and mongering, but it made you want to contribute good information as well.

I'm not saying they were better, just a nice difference that I'd like to see make a comeback

DIT

Joe Zop
02-02-04, 03:10
DeepInTexas, as someone whose been known to go on a bit when posting (and in my field reports as well) I suggest that you simply go for it and ignore any howls, as they will be tempered with other people giving praise. Alternately, simply break the report into section, and post it that way, a piece at a time. Needing to reassemble a long report is a minor inconvenience compared to not having it appear at all.

Skinless
02-03-04, 22:19
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Hello Jackson

Greetings from Tokyo Japan where it is 11.15 am. I have the settings on this site to Tokyo (GMT + 9 hours) and it tells me the time is 10.15. Besides showing I have very little to worry about this fine morning, I just thought you might like to know!

BigTom
02-04-04, 16:03
Jackson,

Thanks for posting my last e-mail so fast.

Tom

Sainter
02-05-04, 09:11
Jackson, lately I've noticed an increase in delibarate postings of useless material. There have also been too many childish flaming of members. Perhaps it's time you look at capping the number of members or, insist that everyone pay US20 a year to enjoy the facilities that you provide for us. I'm sure this will weed out all the pretenders from the genuine members. You could also use all the money you gather to support any charities that you see fit. Just a suggestion.

Wiley01
02-05-04, 11:37
HI Jackson,

Just want to compliment you on your updating and reorganization of the forum.

Thanks for all your hard work.

ratufreddie
02-06-04, 12:12
Thanks for keeping this site advertising and spam free! You are providing a great service.

Tatoosh
02-07-04, 10:44
Jackson~

Thank you for a very informative website. I don't understand how you can keep this place up and handle the admin duties with the limited amount of advertising you do here. But I sure do love it!

On the complaint side: I've noticed that some hot icons (new posts) seem to be extremely resilient. If I visit Asia section (my normal hangout) and see the Thailand icon lit, I check in and look at the various topics with new posts. When I come out of the various sections, their "new post" icon dims. But when I come out of the Thailand section, the Thailand icon does not. I can leave Asia section and come back, Thailand icon still shows hot. I visit it to double check for new post and nothing there is new.

Obversely (conversely?) When I visit the USA section, my state's icon does not light up even if there has been posts in it since the last time I visited. But not always. That one is more hit and miss so I just try to remember the date of the last post.

These are not major problems. Just minor annoyances and perhaps they are due to how my system is storing cookies and not your side at all. Don't know to be honest, but thought I'd mention it.

Tattosh

Hi Tattosh,

The icons merely represent the total number of posts in that thread. The hot icon means that the thread has more than 1000 posts.

Thanks,

Jackson

PsyberZombie
02-07-04, 10:57
I'd just like to pause on this, the Occasion of my 100th Post, to Thank Jackson yet again for this Incredible Site

Now, I may never come close to being another Nibu Rapheal; and I'll never be one the SuperStars of this place [ the Guys who post photos ] = but I'll try to do my share !!

Nico
02-07-04, 11:26
Don't worry I am sure Jackson and most people don't want another Nibu here.

Tatoosh
02-07-04, 19:20
Jackson,

Sorry if I was unclear about the icons. Yes, I do understand about the different icons. But they do appear lit or bright if there are new posts, dim or uncolored if there are none. This works for the various catagories as you drill down to any individual thread.

A new post on Thailand Girls will light up the appropriate icon for that thread and the Thailand section of the Asia group. If I read that thread and come out (not using the back button), the icon for Thailand Girls dims. If I continue back out (using your links) I would expect the Thailand section to dim as well (providing that was the only thread in it that had a new post). But it doesn't.

Now that I've obsessed on making that clear, it is no big deal. It just means I check Thailand or whatever icon that persists even if there aren't any new posts to read. I've probably wasted more time explaining it than I do in a week just clicking in and back out.

Tatoosh (takes a pill and sips a glass of wine)

Junior
02-08-04, 08:37
Jackson,

Over the past months I have noticed an increasing amount of non-sex related messages - how does cell phones work ?, airline tickets on sale ..... and many similar topics. Can you please either make separate categories for these kinds of messages or outlaw them.

Thanks for an otherwise outstanding forum.

Davinci
02-09-04, 12:46
Hi Jackson,

Sorry to bug you but just wanted to ask.

How do I contribute to the WSG Charities if my country is not on the PayPal list??

Cheques and DD just are too cumbersome and just take too long.

Any suggestions?

Davinci

p.s This is a GREAT site and you deserve an award for keeping it afloat inspite of all the crap you see daily!

11Bravo
02-10-04, 13:37
Question you asked on UAE, Dubai forum:
Hi,

I see this question in the Forum ocassionally, so I have to ask: In your browser, can you see the link labeled "Terms and Abbreviations" in the black menu bar at the top of this page? Apparently there must be some problem with the visibility of this link in some browsers, so any feedback you could give me would help me identify the specific problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Jackson:

2 parts: first, main page:
http://www.wsgforum.com

It is visable, browser dependent, on the main page.

With netscape 4.8, you cannot see the menu. Don't know about more recent versions of netscape.

Using IE6, you can see the link.
Using Mozilla 1.4, you can see the link.
Opera 7.01, you can see the link.

So looks like old netscape does not render page as you desire.

Part 2:
Even with the browsers that do render the page correctly, it depends on how you enter. If the user enters from http://www.wsgforum.com, then it will be visible on subsequent pages.

However, if he enters from any sub-link, e.g., http://www.wsgforum.com/vforum,
then it will not be visible.

So, for those users who have set bookmarks (specific forum, or even table of contents) to a sub-link, rather than coming in from the top, they will not see the terms and abbreviations link.

Attached is jpeg from netscape.

Me Crazy
02-11-04, 06:28
Hi Jackson.

Would like to commend you on adding the link on Resizing Images because I saw lots of information on this topic. Hope that in future forum members will utilise this tool that is superb and Handy!

Cheers on this Mate

Traveler Tom
02-12-04, 10:03
NEED A FREE IMAGE RESIZER! NO PROBLEM!

Hey, Jackson. Does this work in reverse and for certain bits of the anatomy?

Regards and thanks for your advice

TT

PWhipped
02-12-04, 12:42
Hello Mr. Jackson from the Ol PWhipped in Ga. Yes I RTFFF(grin) back to the middle of Dec looking for any discussion on competing sites. As I had posted, I think that *** is really not a competing site as they only talk about Escorts. I use both and really am a constant poster on your site. But when someone on this site asks about an Escort, I cannot even PM them. I do not intentionally abuse your site as I feel that it really is my home. Only one other time have you had to delete any of my posts, and you really did not know the real history of that time, but that is history and I do not get into flames with others much. I state my position on giving info to newbies and also do not hesitate to give them guidelines. If you still think that *** is a competing site. I will refrain from using the term. Should I not even give the EROS name? I can, if I remember correctly, give my e-mail addy in a PM. Then will it be OK to give the info at my e-mail addy? Thanks for continuing this great site, I will continue to give info and , yes, I WILL pick on the newbies(grin) JimmyPW

Me Crazy
02-14-04, 04:30
Dear Jackson,

Thanks for granting Senior Membership!

Cheers mate.

Plugger
02-14-04, 04:49
DITTO! :) :) :)

Plugger
02-14-04, 04:56
Jackson, I think it's time for you to step in on the Thai board. Too many egos running loose. Having scanned other countries, I can't believe why we in Thailand can be so immature. We are helping no one and these stupid arguments are now getting beyond ridiculous.

Murilloa
02-14-04, 06:26
Jackson,

I know you have just cleared a load of pending senior memberships and I don't want to waste your time. But if you have a moment to look at our Lisbon board, where I have been a proud senior member for some months, you may feel that colleague Z Duron deserves the honour.

Lisbon is about to host Euro2004, a major soccer championship, and there will be many thousands of mongers in town: please encourage those Lisbonites who are setting up vital information (as well as hoping that the influx doesn't drive prices up!)

Keep up your great, great work,

Keep the pedo bastards out of here,

And give my love to beautiful Buenos Aires: I'm hoping to visit in July.
Murilloa

Plugger
02-15-04, 03:14
Jackson, are you just going to let this BS in Thai board go on? We need a resolution to this, one way or another. Or, I can see this issue further denigrading the already ridiculous Thai section.

Joe Zop
02-15-04, 12:01
Thank you, Jackson, for moving the idiotic Traveler/Skinless/Freeler "discussion" into its own little backwater. Sigh.

PsyberZombie
02-15-04, 19:37
EXCELLENT Post over in the alt.sex newsgroups, Jackson !!

BUT , and this is Just a Suggestion =

Why NOT CrossPost in alt.sex.prostitution ??

Wizard
02-16-04, 09:34
Jackson asked for feedback as to why the terms & abbreviations are not being noticed enough?

I think that they should be in the list on the side of the forum as thats where everyone looks when the are navigating the site ,and not on the top menu bar (that just looks like part of the senery and does not stick out )

All the other items in the top menu are repeated in the side bar so I think you should try and see if by moving the position of the T & A to the side menu,the amount of postings of questions about "terms" drops.

BTW While I knew what DATY meant I till now had no idea what exactly the abbreviation meant.
We live and learn.

Atlanta Monger
02-18-04, 04:02
Jackson (editor),

While I fully support your efforts for this fine forum, I think most members (senior and otherwise) have had about enough of the Skinless rant.

Not content to flame away in the special forum you provided, he has now moved his personal battle to other forum threads, including this one. None of his recent posts belong here, as they are NOT 'letters to the editor'.

I understand that Skinless has been a frequent and valuable contributor in the past, but no more - he's merely become a nuisance.

Please act on the behalf of all forum members to reduce the impact of this tirade - perhaps ban him to his own personal rant thread, i.e. Samus Aram?

Thanks,
Atlanta Monger

Sainter
02-18-04, 06:50
A M, that's a little extreme. I don't quite agree with Skinless on this issue but, having him banished is not the right solution. We all have a right to our opinions. In Skinless' case, this matter obviously brings out all of his emotions. Sure, he hasn't expressed them in a diplomatic way. But, that's just him and the wsg is full of all sorts of characters who make this such a worthwhile place. (even Samus)

Sushi Boy
02-18-04, 16:31
Jackson,

Your service to us is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your personal attention in helping me register.

Sushiboy

Joe Zop
02-20-04, 12:05
Jackson, I want to compliment you on your immense patience on the notorious Thailand thread. I know you said you kept it open out of respect for the contributions of the longtime posters involved, but your respect was pretty much the only kind that was at all in evidence.

I pray that it is now over and hope you will not let it spill over to other threads. I believe this marked a new low point in the already highly spotty history of the Thailand section.

Toxic
02-21-04, 06:34
Jackson

Thank You for the new Lexington topic in the Kentucky forums. We have been needing this for some time and it is great to finally have. This site seems to be getting better by the day. With the new Private Messaging, there is no site out there which could even compete with this one.

Thanks Again

Toxic

Nico
02-22-04, 03:03
Mr. Jackson

I don't know if anyone suggested this before or not, I'm too lazy to look but how about a WSG line of merchandise? Like hats, T-shirts, Hooded sweatshirts, coffee mugs, mouse pads. It's just a thought.

ChicagoBoy23
02-22-04, 03:14
jackson

need to keep all of this child prostitute stuff off the website. even the accusation that wsg people use **** p4p is toxic waste.

none of us can afford to be associate with website on child prostitution.

don't know the answer. imo pushing to separate section of website is not enough. we need to find a way to keep it 100% off the site.

i think you do a great job. always adding new features. the pm and photograph features are fantastic.

best wishes
cb23

Atlanta Monger
02-22-04, 04:31
Jackson,

I agree 100% with ChicagoBoy23. I think your previous policy of the topic being completely forbidden in any context is the safest choice for all concerned.

If the WSG forum is truly for "men seeking women...", then there is no real need to ever mention children here.

I advocate the removal of all posts related to the topic, including the dedicated forum thread.

I don't consider this to be an infringement of free speech, just smart moderating - something you do quite well.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,
Atlanta Monger

Freeler
02-22-04, 06:50
chicagoboy23, atlanta monger,

i put this up in that thread in the thailand section:

<<posting on **** children and where to pick them up will continue unless jackson puts a ban on not just asking where to pick up **** children, but also on telling people in a covert manner where to find them.

or, in my opinion, this type of posting doesn't belong here:

"ooo, listen to this, i went to fukkie agogo and accidently picked up a 17 yo. and the damndest thing is, i didn't even know about it till the next morning when i put some money in her purse and saw her id. shame on that little girl! it has nothing to do with me, i am handsome, have a chopper and have investments that make me rich. it is all the little girl's fault!"

or:

"to send someone to cambodia instead of pattaya really makes no sense. (...) the one major thing about cambodia is the number of **** girls available. and that is something i'm not interested in.">>

i still think jackson should search and destroy any post that has words like **** in them, but also ages like 17, 18, 16. and of course the pics that go with the posts!

Sainter
02-22-04, 07:27
Jackson, I'm requesting your permission to update/improve the KL FAQ. Many mongers here have been sending me pm's asking for my help in the area. Would be a lot easier if all available information that I have can be read there. Thanks.

Hi Sainter,

I encourage you to make any improvements ot the FAQ as you may wish. Just send me the revised copy and I will be pleased to post it as a replacement for the current FAQ.

Thanks,

Jackson

Joe Zop
02-22-04, 12:01
Thanks, Jackson, for the new enforcement policy on attacks on other members. It's gotten beyond childish.

SexReview
02-22-04, 12:08
Jackson,

Thank you for the fast action you took today to correct the situation in the Thailand section. Things were totally out of hand when you moved the fighting to its own section. The board doesnt gain anything from this fighting between posters. Then, after you closed that section, which by the way in my opinion you left open far to long these guys just moved the fighting to the main threads. No one wins with these post and I for one Im very happy to see them gone. I didnt post in the fighting thread as I didnt want to add fuel to the fire but that doesnt mean I liked what I was reading. Time to get back to posting about what we are all here for THE GIRLS.

Thank you,
Sexreview

JimmyDR
02-22-04, 17:08
Well I have been posting on this site for more than 2.5 years and I have to say, I still like this site the best. It is well run with very little BS occuring. I am on a few other sites but not as much as this one. I hope to be posting here another 30 years. (Yea I know I have a problem).

Jackson is The Best!!!!

Skinless
02-22-04, 23:40
Dear Jackson and all:
1. Thank you for closing the Traveller and Skinless section.
2. The Child Prostitution section is still open.
3. This was the one and only area you had an editorial line on.
4. As you rightly state, the board cannot handle potentially inflammatory threads like that for a variety of important reasons.
5. There are worse and more verbiose threads and personages here. INMO: look at The Morality of Prostitution for example.
6. All this implies you need a new way of doing things. Trusted BA based friends could be asked to do FAQs on many of the topics for you: not that many will read them or the archives

as regards JT Skinless:
7. He is off now to get some therapy in a love hotel from a 25 year old firm breasted American beauty. JTS has no problem with AW and he finds them very accommodating to him and his many needs, both normal and abnormal.
8. He has to hone up some skills which will take some time over the next few weeks.
9. He will then be hitting LOS and reporting mostly from the Other Areas section.
10. He will be visiting and fucking in Nan and Phrae brothels with their 90% HIV rates.
11. He hopes to post photos, and a minimum of 10 detailed reports.
12. He will respond to some posters and not to others so that the karma of all may be enhanced.
13. He does not allow cartoon characters affect him too much. He is at peace with himself and his 8 fold world.

As regards JC/Globo/Robux:

14. I think Roboux did the right thing hiring Globo.
15. Skinless has no such worries as his much earlier posts indicate some of the very many security precautions he takes.
16. That is why JT Skinless (sometimes:D) uses Skinless 1000 condoms, as made by Okamoto Condoms and as tested by John T Skinless in the brothels of Thailand and the Japanese and American Women of Tokyo:)

Atlanta Monger
02-22-04, 23:53
Jackson,

You wrote:
"...I have decided that it is necessary to adopt a Zero Tolerance policy in enforcing the Forum's SPAM Policies..."

Excellent! Now perhaps we can all get back to the true purpose and business of the forum.

Thanks,
- Atlanta Monger

Magic501
02-24-04, 13:03
Jackson,

In the short while I've been on the forum, I must say you run a super board, man! I don't get to travel alot, but reading your forum I feel I have led a very sheltered life. There's mongering going on in places I never thought about! Anyway, keep up the good work. Thanks for letting me join in.

Ljohnson
02-24-04, 20:04
Jackson,

Congratulations on a great site and the excellent job you do. I do not envy you.

I am sure you have noticed that the Pattaya site has wandered off into photo and cyber land. No mention of Pattaya or its lovely ladies for quite a while.

LJohnson

Si Ma Yi
02-25-04, 05:51
Hi Jackson

I read about the advantage/s of being a senior member. i.e reports are not held for review and visible instantly upon posting.

Would you think it would be better to put some kind of control on posting by the senior members in view of so many harrassment/ condescending/ degrading posts aimed at fellow members, especially on the Thai thread?

Hi,

I am always willing to review problem reports and effect the appropriate action, including reports made by Senior Members.

I would ask your assistance in helping me identify problem reports by asking you to please use the "Report this Post to a moderator" link at the bottom of any potentially inappropriate report.

When you select this link, the program will display a dialog box wherein you may enter your comments about the report. After that, please select the "Send Report Now" button at the bottom of the screen, and the Forum software will send me an email with your comments and a link directly back to the report. This makes it very easy for me to read your comments, and then go directly to the report where I can effect the appropriate response.

Thanks,

Jackson

Creole Hottie
02-26-04, 17:18
Dear Jackson,

Ever since I've joined this board, I've felt extremely welcome. You dedication to providing a space for the mongers to get together ans swap information (as well as a couple of Pros here and there.) without being harrassed by "holier than thou" nitwits who just don't seem to get it!

Keep up the excellent work!

Kaila

Dick Travel
02-27-04, 13:39
Dear Jackson.

I appreciate you have a major task running this board, and a fantastic thing it is, well done.

Could you take a peek at recent run of messages in Russia/Moscow section.

I don't wish to name people specifically but if you read back over a few pages you will note one member often puts down other members and has taken taken up a less than decent and respectful attitude to other members in general. I am sure many regular Moscow section readers are getting beyond laughing at the behaviour and finding it rather tedious.

Many thankks in advance.

DT

Steve Thai I
02-28-04, 16:45
Dear Admin Jackson:

RE: Post in Travel Plans Thailand from Van Tongeren after reported bad news on Sainter's family loss.

Yes you are technically correct , no doubt about that. 100%

All that posted in the travel plans section re our feelings did so out of human compassion for Sainter.

I guess we all felt bad for his loss and wanted him to know that we all felt bad for him as a group and didn't think to go to the PM instead.

Yes, we are all guilty for that, at least we are human, unlike Van Tongeren.

I'll bet someone will respond to this Van Tongeren post and all hell will break loose.

Maybe a delete of this specific post or at least the bad portions, you know which parts, by him, is in order before the problem starts.

Just a thought.

Thanks,

Steve Thai I

TrashMan
02-29-04, 20:42
Jackson,

I have an issue with a member that has escalated to a ridiculous degree where he is now reporting any post that has even a modicum of flame to it. While I have never expressed any problem with your policies, I also see that you seem wise in your interpretation and do not get carried away with enforcement. ie. you seem fair. This member has taken it upon himself to be "Jackson's eyes and ears" and by extension has become a self appointed "post police". While I understand and agree that excessive flaming activities can have a deleterious effect on the board as a whole, the presence of this type of "big brother" will have an equally negative effect to the free flow of information, ideas, and feelings.

If this is what you want, I will gladly accept it as this is your business, but as I informed this member that until and if Jackson tells me that he wants "post police" who view their role to inform you and report every little thing to you, I continure to agree to disagree with him.

Supposedly this member is a personal friend of yours and I want to be clear that I am in no way questioning your authority or right to do whatever you want here and do NOT have any issues with your policies. I do take issue with this member essentially threatening me and other members with discussing all this with you in depth and detail which represents an abuse of his personal relationship for his own benefit. I frankly do not believe that is where you are coming from.

Please take this opportunity to set me straight on all this.

Hi TrashMan,

I appreciate your position, and I hope that you understand that it is sometimes difficult to decide where to step in and where to let things go.

FYI, I do not generally act on reported post unless I get at least two different referrals from two different Forum Members. Thus you may rest assured that no one member can commandeer the process.

I hope that this alleviates your concerns about any one specific Forum Member exerting undue influence over the process.

Thanks,

Jackson

Capt Fred
03-01-04, 16:33
Jackson:

I have always considered this web site, a great site, and a GENTLEMEN'S site. I have seen other sites, and the people on this site are more courteous, and a lot nicer. Real Gentlemen (sense of the word!) write on this site.

I know at times there are some people bashing each other, and some type of "flaming" going on, and as always there is stereo-typing. I guess, there are always a few in each crowd! But overall, this has been and still is, one of the best sites on the Internet.

Thank you always for making this site, and thank you for all your work and dedication.

Fred

Freeler
03-02-04, 01:07
Jackson,

Over the past couple of days your server speed has dropped from next page in a sec to next page in half a minute:(
It's not my end of the line, I have no problems what so ever with other sites I visit.

Your observation is correct. I noticed this myself yesterday, and I've submitted a trouble ticket to my server admin.

It appears to be back to old speed now:)!

TrashMan
03-02-04, 18:56
Jackson,
Thanks for the response, I do appreciate it. However, when a fellow member is essentially threatening not only myself, but others as well by telling us point blank that he has been appointed to act as your eyes and ears, a self appointed post police if you will, and that he is so close to you that he has your ear so to speak, that's when I became concerned enough to write to you.

Your words in your response do put me somewhat at ease, especially with the proviso that you do not intend to act merely upon one members say so, but seek coroberation ( sp?) through a second and hopefully independent source. That part made sense to me.

Let me pose this to you. Instead of suddenly editing or cutting a post, would it be more effective an approach I wonder if you simply PM'd the offender and warned him that he was getting out of line and to cool it? I'd be curious as to your thoughts on that particular methodology.

I can echo sentiments as expressed here and as I have expressed previously that this is a great thing and unique.

Hi,

Sending a warning PM is a nice idea, but I just don't have the time to police the followup, and I still have a report in the Forum that doesn't conform to the Guidelines. In addition, the current method of posting a description of the problem in the Forum gets EVERYBODY's attention, thus curtailing future potential problems.

Jackson

TrashMan
03-02-04, 21:41
Point well made. Clearly, you have allowed me to be heard by you as well as shown me tremendous respect IMHO by taking the time to respond in a thoughtful fashion. I do appreciate it and can assure you that I will do my utmost to control the only one I can, me.

Randy Farang
03-04-04, 21:47
Jackson,

It appears that you are continuing to suffer from a server problem. I see an intermittant slowness that only appears on your site.

Once again, let me thank you for your efforts and for running a great site. I suspect that few of us will ever know, or appreciate how much of your time it takes to keep everything up and running as smoothly as it does.

Randy

James D 2004
03-05-04, 15:51
Server sometimes too slow and timeout, sometimes jerky - fast on a page or two then not getting anywhere.

Jaimito Cartero
03-05-04, 16:08
I'll chime in on the server problems. I first started having problems in Thailand two weeks ago, and I just attibuted it to the cybercafe I was in. I get error messages about 30% of the time when posting, or PMing.

Sometimes it'll get better, but usually it's a pretty bad connection. Reminds me of AOL internet connection from the mid 90's.

Admin
03-05-04, 17:02
I am aware that there is a problem, which I first observed myself approximately a week ago. It appears to be intermittent, which makes it difficult to diagnose.

I submitted a trouble ticket to my server admin on Monday, which they haven't responded to as of this morning, thus I called them this afternoon and was advised that they're backed up installing new servers but that they would look into it before the day was over. I guess my $175.00 a month service contract doesn't put me at the top of their priorty list.

In other words guys, I'm working on it.

Thanks,

Jackson

PsyberZombie
03-05-04, 21:06
Dear JACKSON :

Why is it that html commands work on your Site Admin 'Test' Board ; But do NOT work on Any Other Board ??

Admin
03-07-04, 15:10
Greetings everyone,

LoveLOS posted a complaint about OttoGraham that I moved to Site Adminstration > Complaints about other Members.

Please post your follow-up comments on this subject in this section.

Thanks,

Jackson

Admin
03-07-04, 15:12
Greetings everyone,

Joe Zop and Plugger posted follow-up comments here regarding their opinion of LoveLOS's complain. I moved their comments to Site Adminstration > Complaints about other Members.

Thanks,

Jackson

Randy Farang
03-09-04, 22:30
Jackson,

Just a quick note to let you know that the server problem seems to be corrected. Sorry to have been a part of raising your level of angst this week. I really do appreciate all the time, and the effort, and the money, you put into making this my favorite site on the internet.

Randy

Dick for Brains
03-10-04, 02:37
Jackson -

I'm continuing to experience server problems. Here is an error message that I received tonight:

"Warning: Too many connections in /home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience"

Perhaps this will help you in your diagnosis of the problem.

DfB

SeniorCitizen
03-10-04, 18:05
I've had the same message pop up, but when I hot the refresh button I go straight to the message

Octopussy
03-10-04, 22:45
Hi Jackson,

I do encounter the same server problem, as DfB experienced, in Haerbin and Beijing,China. By pressing the refresh in my browser sometime will experience the same warning message too. Today, I do suffer an intermittant slowness for sending a PM reply.

Lately, I received a lot of PM from friends. I realized that my message has to be limited to report length of 2,000 characters maximum in each reply. If my reply message over the limit, I have to divide my message to parts before I can send out. Hope the maximum limit can be increasing, maximum 2,000 characters is very low.

Thanks in advance,

Octopussy

Iahnrt
03-12-04, 05:27
Jackson,

Your sever upgrade works great.

I was having big problems for the past week staying logged on. I was getting to the point that I was going to write this site off.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Iahnrt

Octopussy
03-12-04, 22:26
Jackson,

Yesterday I experienced server problem seriously. Did you do some upgrade? Today, your server run very smoothly and fast response. Really a great effort from you. Maybe your server admin realize how costly as $175/month to be debit from your account.

Thanks,

Octopussy

Actually, I had to fire him and hire somebody else with more experience in server security. Of course, it took a couple of days to set up my new account and bring the new guys up to speed.

Jackson

Joe Zop
03-13-04, 09:37
Fabulous speed and response now, Jackson. Thanks tons for all your hard work -- I know it can be a major pain not only to get the work done but to keep competent server admins.

Does your previous post imply that there have been more than the usual attempts to compromise the server's security?

Randy Farang
03-13-04, 10:23
Jackson,

Now it's working great. Thanks for all your efforts.

Randy

Dogs Body
03-21-04, 04:21
Sir,

After a simple forum search I did not locate any reference to the file <Searchdtinst.exe> It downloads from this site at every login and sits on my Macintosh desktop, unable to do it's Windoz business. It causes me no real problems.

What is the purpose of this program?

Is it a legitimate WSG file?

Might it be mentioned in the FAQ?

Yours,

Dogs Body

Spazen
03-21-04, 11:00
Suggestion for more streamlined/organized interface on start page.

The Forum
FAQ
Last 24 hrs
Main Index
Search

Guidelines
Username
General
Posting
Photo
Privacy Policy

Membership
Registration
Senior Membership
User control panel
Private Messages
Test email function

Logoff

It's not alphabetical, but rather in order of relevance. Just a thought.

I like it, and I may incorporate it into a reorgainzation of the Forum in a couple of weeks when I upgrade to the latest version of the Forum's software.

Spazen

SexReview
03-22-04, 04:11
Jackson,

When I logged on to the site today I found your message about the photos being blocked from nonmembers. See Below:

PLEASE NOTE Due to excessive bandwidth usage during the month of March, I have temporarily disabled the viewing of photographs by non-members. This is a temporary restriction that will be lifted on April 1st. Thank YouE

I would encourage you not to lift this ban but to keep it in place. Non-members don t added to the site and therefore why let them benefit from the site. And more to the point you must pay for them. I would ask you if there is a way to block photo viewing from everyone who is not posting? Maybe impose a lower limited on the number of post a person must make before being able to view photos. Also I have seen that many of the photos now are starting to show sex acts if you blocked non-members from viewing them it would keep minors away from the site. It would not be good if the site got into trouble because some kid was in the site viewing the pictures.

The site is great and I would not want anything to happen to it.

Sexreview

Grestal
03-23-04, 12:07
Jackson,

First of all many thanks for accepting me as a memebr in this nice forum.

Atta's forum was for me a very valuable surce of information since I started to travel extensively around the world .

I hope that you will not start asking for membership fees like other similar forums . Going through the varius reports for areas like Germany, Bulgaria, Cyprus, UAE, and Greece I would like to comment that the information available are accurate and updated.
Keep up the good work and may we all enjoy the buty and the pleasure of paid sex.

NB Once I used to have a similar forum for Greece but unfortunatelly I was forced to sut down in order to avoid penalties (the police said that exchanging information for sex providers was illegal equal with promoting prostitution and that I was a law violation)
I kept all the files so what ever is still valid it will be posted in your forum as apreciation to the pioneer.

Regards

Grestal

Starfe
03-23-04, 20:45
Jackson,

Thanks for going easy on me. Remember when I would not capitalize anything. You taught me to do that, so I say thanks .

Will be down in Buenos Aires over July 4th. Leave a lunch open or a dinner.

Best regards,

starfe

Spazen
03-24-04, 20:42
Jackson,

Glad you like my suggestion for a new menu, but "The Forum" doesn't like leading spaces. All subsequent terms other than the heading should be indented one space<sp>.

i.e.

Guidelines
<sp>Username
<sp> etc...

Spazen

Atlanta Monger
03-24-04, 23:55
Jackson,

When I opened up the WSG site today, I was greeted by your most recent Site Announcement:

"...Of course, within the next 72 hours, I received more than 1,800 applications for membership."

Sorry, dude, but I'm still laughing! I really love good cutting sarcasm - thanks for making my day.

Let's hope we get at least 1,800 new reports in the next few weeks for your efforts. Keep up the great work!

- Atlanta Monger

Jaimito Cartero
03-25-04, 01:49
AM, actually at 10 posts per Senior wannabe, that would be 18000! If we could only get them to make good reports it would be so much more entertaining.

Joe Zop
03-25-04, 10:20
I'm generally in favor of open access, but with that dramatic a usage scenario by non-members, it does seem like having some kind of even further restriction may be necessary. Eighteen-hundred new members isn't likely to tip the balance in the big scheme of things, considering how many there are overall, but it would seem that perhaps a permanent ban of photo viewing by non-members would be a good idea. It doesn't make sense to have this issue affect the overall performance of the forum, as the field reports are far more useful than the photos.

Si Ma Yi
03-26-04, 03:21
Hi Jackson

How come my most recent post didn't appear on the KL scene?

I know posts from "regular members " are scrutinized before posting, but I am very comfident my post are relevant to the KL scene.

Is there any reason for the omission? Or will posts from "regular members" will disappear without trace/reason in future?

I have no idea what happened to your report, but I did take a look at your report history. You've had difficulty operating every aspect of the Forum, so it doesn't surprise me one bit to hear that you think you "lost a report".

The answer to your question about would regular member's reports "disappear without trace/reason in future", please be advised that after successfully posting more than 175,000 member's contributions, the forum software has never "lost" a report that was properly entered.

Thanks,

Jackson

Robux
03-27-04, 13:36
Jackson,

Yesterday, while searching for the address of a no-tel on Yahoo, I found WSG came up with two links. Don't think I didn't feel a tightened anal sphincter when I saw this! I then searched for my screen name and WSG, and bam! Once again WSG links came up. Granted, they weren't to my posts, but recent references to me by screen name, by others. Oddly, google didn't return these results.

Is there any way you might be able to resolve this, perhaps with access to members only, or some other way to prevent search engine results?

Robux

Ljohnson
03-28-04, 19:37
Jackson:

Occasionally I will post a message in one thread and, if I want the same post read in another thread, I will copy and past it into the other thread also.

Is this acceptable or does it violate the "repetitive postings" rule? Just checking. If I don't hear back from you I will assume no problem.

Thanks,

LJ

MeatMan
03-28-04, 21:39
LJ,

It's spamming.Don't do it.

Atlanta Monger
03-29-04, 02:45
LJ,

I think you're okay if you post it once, and subsequent posts in other areas only link back to the original one.

- AM

World Traveler
03-29-04, 03:58
I am with Sexreview on encouraging you not to lift the ban on viewing of photographs by non-members. Also, discourage members of posting too many photos of the same girl! We get the picture. .... If I am interested in close-ups then, I could visit a porn-site unless, it is heads up on a STD awareness like the one in the China section. Could you also persuade posters to only post photos in the designated categories?

Civ2000
03-29-04, 04:13
Am I wrong in assuming that since the ban on the non-members ability to view photo's will be lifted on April 1st, the problem is temporary and will be fixed by then? If so, then all the recent posts calling for not letting anyone but members or senior members view photo's is a mute issue.

I don't really see what the problem is. Some people like to lurk and others love to post reports. Making someone post who is not otherwise inclined to in order to view photo's would result in lower quality posts which in turn would affect the quality of the board.

In other words, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Keep up the great work, Jackson!

Civ2000

No_Commit
03-29-04, 04:18
Well, that's the whole point, it was broke.

Civ2000
03-29-04, 04:22
The Key word here is "temporary". Supposedly it will be fixed by April 1st, right? I believe if it were a permanent problem then the ban would not be lifted. So, if I'm right, and I'll admit its pure conjecture on my part, then you guys are offering permanent solutions to a temporary problem.

Civ2000

Atlanta Monger
03-29-04, 05:10
Civ,

I suspect the reason behind the photo-viewing decision may be bandwidth restrictions and/or additonal charges imposed on Jackson's site. If that's the case, then the 'temporary' problem will likely reoccur every month (in essence, making it a 'permanent' problem).

- Atlanta Monger

GoodEnough
03-30-04, 00:03
Jackson:

Kudos to you for maintaining the best mongering site on the web! Most of the discourse is rational, perceptive and respectful of others' perhaps differing points of view. I therefore agree with the comments of Civ2000. Please don't do anything that would change the overall character of the board. This means that lurkers should continue to be welcome, and that forcing them to post may in fact dilute the quality of what's here.

Thanks for doing an excellent job.

GoodEnough

Dear John 69
03-30-04, 01:04
Dear Jackson,

Why can Ray the Hunter can personaly attack me in the forum, but when I respond back you delete me.

Hunter66
03-30-04, 17:41
There was a very brief mention of the site on Howard Stern this morning. Luckily you have disabled pics for non members but I suspect that by the time I got to post this that you have received an increase in hits today and requests to join. In case you didn't know I thought I'd mention. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing. The individual who mentioned the board only indicated the overseas aspect of mongering in Asia and some in South America.

This is a great site. I appreciate all the work and effort put into it and thank you for allowing me enjoy and hopefully participate more on the board in the near future when my employment status changes back to a more positive aspect. Keep up the great work!

Green Machine
03-31-04, 09:38
Jackson-

I've been reading WSG since the mysterious Atta used to run it. I remember waiting anxiously for the next round of reports that happened every so often. Your WSG has been a tremendous step up in the right direction and my thanks to you for such a generous contribution to our community.

I've been thinking about it for a few days and I have to agree that viewing photos should be limited to registered members. While I don't think they should be required to post because it might lead to a decline in post quality, their ability to enjoy the benefits of the forum should be acknowledged by membership and the identity guidelines.

I also vehemently disagree with the chap who wants a one pic per girl requirement. Members should post as many pictures as necessary. If you don't like the look of the girl, move on to the next pic.

Thanks

Jackass
03-31-04, 09:58
Skinless, you're obvously still unsatisfied with the way your argument with the Traveller ended up. This is just any way for you to try and have the last say.

And, your subtle approach to get people to read Freeler's(coincidentily your bum chum) post, fools no one. That issue with the Traveller is now dead.

Don't stir the pot. Move on, brother.

Star69
03-31-04, 17:26
I noticed that there may be an issue when running internet security software. I used Ghost Surf Pro and WSG doesn't recognize my login when Ghost Surf Pro is running.

Just wanted to let you know. It might be the issue with many of they peoples complaints.

Baltimonger
03-31-04, 17:42
Originally posted by Dear John 69
Dear Jackson,

Why can Ray the Hunter can personaly attack me in the forum, but when I respond back you delete me.
I hate to bring this up, but the attack on Dear John 69 was a near verbatim copy of another post made by TrashMan on the Baltimore, Maryland board a day earlier. I believe it to be a form of spam and therefore should be deleted as well. Just my .02

PsyberZombie
03-31-04, 20:38
Dear JACKSON

On this , the Occasion of my 200th Post ,

I'd like to take this Opportunity to Again

THANK YOU !!!

for providing This INCREDIBLE SITE for We Mongers

Long May You Score , JACKSON !!

Yossarian
03-31-04, 23:02
Dear Jackson,

I am a relatively new monger. I have been posting fairly extensively in Dallas, TX and Shreveport, LA. I had a harrowing experience today that could've been easily avoided if I had just followed THE RULES. I've enclosed my latest Dallas post below and was wondering if this post could be reposted to another forum that deals with how to monger safely or maybe posted to the other forums as a warning of what not to do. I know that the mistakes I made have been addressed in many of your forums by many members; but, I think this list of mistakes recaps most of them and would make a nice primer on WHAT NOT TO DO. The amazing thing is that I just lost some money. It could've been so much worse. I would also like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for this wonderful forum. I've met some really cool guys here through this forum and we've sort of formed a nice little mongerer society here in Dallas. Of course, it's nothing to rival your clan in BA; but, we're starting to come together because of you and this forum. Thanks again.

Well, it finally happened today. I did something really stupid and am lucky to get away relatively unscathed. This is my story - read carefully and learn from ALL of the stupid mistakes I made. I picked up a WSW on Samuell Blvd down by Grove Hill St. I made the requisite three passes before engaging. She's 40ish, blonde, decent hour glass shape in a long blue print dress and goes by the name of Lisa. She got in the vehicle and immediately did the are you a cop thing. She showed me her tits. I showed her my dick and she sucked on it. We drove around Grove Hill, Lawnview and Forney Rd for a bit negotiating. We settled on $40 for half and half at her place (Mistake #1). As we were cruising back to her place, she spotted a female "friend" of hers in the car ahead of us and needed to stop and talk to her (Mistake #2). Then we proceeded to "her" apartment on Highland St, over on the other side of I-30 from Samuell Blvd. Hunnicut Rd will go under I-30 and you turn right, go down about half a block or so and the apartments are on the right. Her friend was going to meet her over there and wait for her out in the parking lot while we did business (Mistake #3). She informed me that she was in the process of moving so there wasn't much in the apartment; but, that it was cool to go there (Mistake #4). We had to go inside the apartment complex and upstairs to the apartment. I saw many rough looking characters there and I know that I was spotted by some thugs in the far apartment (Mistake #5). When we got in the apartment, I did a check for people and found nothing; but, I didn't verify that the door had been locked (Mistake #6). I paid her up front (Mistake #7). The apartment was bare. There was a sheet for doing our business and that was it. I started off getting my dick sucked and then we switched to doggie. After about two minutes of doggie. I notice a large guy walk by the window and then I see the door open with a large ghetto thug looking at us. He seemd a little surprised and I thought this was the end of me. She started to yell at him to get out and blah, blah, blah. I said fuck it I'm out of here. As soon as he left, I immediately put my clothes on and was ready to bolt. Before I was done, she was screaming about wanting her money. I said bullshit, you got paid and I'm out of here. She grabbed my laptop which I brought up with me so it wouldn't get ripped off out of my vehicle (Mistake #8). Then she said give me my money or "they'll come back and take everything you got -- they didn't go away". I had taken all of my cash upstairs with me as well as my wallet (Mistake #9). I decided that $150 wasn't worth it and to chalk it up to a relatively cheap lesson if I could get out of there with no further trouble. I gave her the money and got my laptop from her and left quickly. Luckily I didn't have to fight my way out of there since I didn't see any of the thugs waiting for me. I got out of the apartment complex, into my vehicle and onto a major street quickly, checking to see if I was being followed. As I left the complex, I saw her "friend" in a car with a couple of thugs, one who looked like the "accidental" interloper. I managed to keep my wits about me and not escalate the situation any further.

Let's recap my mistakes:

#1 I went to her place. Always go to at least a neutral location and preferably a place where you know the management and they know you. This has been posted in this forum before and I should have known better.

#2 I let her get out and set up a scam by talking to her "friend". I will never let a SW coordinate something like that ever again and I wasn't present to hear what was going on or to sense that something was up.

#3 I allowed a "friend" to hang around while I did business. 'Nuff said.

#4 An empty apartment, obviously a set up. 'Nuff said.

#5 I went into the lion's den. A single, white professional walking with a SW into a drug & thug infested area -- lambs to the slaughter. It's not about black and white; but, it was obvious that I didn't belong there and was an easy mark.

#6 I didn't check that the door was locked. It may not have made a difference; but, this is such a no-brainer.

#7 I paid up front. 'Nuff said.

#8 & #9 I took up stuff of value. I figured that, if i have my stuff with me, it can't get stolen - WRONG!! Leave your stuff in the vehicle. Cell phones, extra cash, wallet. Hide the keys if you can. Better yet, don't go to a place that you don't have secure control over. Even then, leave valuables locked away.

Quite frankly, this whole thing could have gone much worse than it did. All I did was lose about $150. I could've been seriously hurt/robbed or both. Law enforcement could've been involved. I am chalking this up to a lesson learned and one of my nine lives burned up. After Monday night's experience with DPD and this little adventure, I have to become much more security conscious. Please be aware of your surroundings at all times and don't trust these girls, especially first-timers. I know some of you have regulars that are like girlfriends and they may be safe but watch your back at all times.

Freeler
04-01-04, 10:48
Yossarian,

What I have said quite a few times on the Thailand board when people expressed concern about scams and going with girls is: You decide! Always!
If it looks to good to be true, it is!
If you are made an offer you can't refuse, refuse it!
Never ask anyone for something special, someone will take advantage of your urges. Wait until you run into the special thing you want and then play your hand the best you can.
Stuff like that.
Perhaps setting up a bonkshack of your own - rent a room?, always the same motel? - is an idea. I am by no means an expert on mongering in the USA, but this is in fact what I do in Thailand, the owners know me and will always support me when trouble rears its ugly head. Women will notice this and the result is: No BS at all.

Perhaps a 'lesson learned' section as proposed by OCcoach in Suggest New Topics isn't such a bad idea...

Ljohnson
04-01-04, 15:07
Jackson:

Thank you for your hard work and your fair and evenhanded enforcement of forum policies. It is appreciated.

Gpiper
04-01-04, 22:29
Jackson:
I don't know if it's been proposed here yet; but any chance of giving an Elite, Gold, or Silver status moniker upgrade to senior members that have been registered for over 1 year and have 200+ legible posts with at least 50 of those posts deemed informative?! If it's too much extra work for you to do the research on this, perhaps you could have a Elite, Gold, or Silver section where senior members could nominate their fellow senior members they feel should be upgraded in status. My 1st recommendation for Elite, Gold, or Silver status would be JimmyDR who IMHO has been the #1 source for quality 411 and pics on the DR and NYC boards!

Ljohnson
04-02-04, 14:34
Jackson:

I saw your comment wherein you voiced your agreement with Purple n' Gold's assessment of members like me who ask a lot of questions which may have been answered previously. I'm glad to have this input from you and will try to conduct myself accordingly. When PnG expresses his agreement it is much easier to hear because he states it in a reasoned tone. The vitriol of other members makes it easy to dismiss their message. Thus, the need for rules against such things.

And again, I appreciate your willingness to delete abusive posts; especially now that I know you agree with the point he is trying to make (even if he does so in such a rude manner.)

nai
04-02-04, 19:57
Jackson:

Any chance of enabling the v-buelletin ignore user function? It would cut down on complaints between users, and it would enable some of us to filter out a lot of the detritis.

Thanks for the sites and info over the years.
- nai

Dick Travel
04-05-04, 09:34
Hi Jackson.

Any chance of adding a Gloucester or Cheltenham or combined section for both within the UK section please?

Many thanks, I know you've heard it before but, well done, top site, keep up the good work !

DT

PsyberZombie
04-07-04, 20:54
Dear Editor :

Would you kindly provide the definitions of the Terms "EXTRANEOUS INDENT" and "WORD WRAP" ??

There's this guy here named CRIET who should be a Senior Member here , but who probably Never Will Be = since you keep editing him for these Two 'Mistakes' , neither of which is mentioned in The Posting Guidelines.

Hi,

First, the notation about the word wraps is not an indication that there is some deviation of the Posting Guidelines. It's simply a reminder to the poster that it would be nice if he would compose his contributions to the Forum using a program that did not insert carrage returns in the text.

In Criet's case, he is writing his reports in some other program that is inserting carrage returns in the text at approximately every fourth or fifth word, which means that the sentances in his reports are artifically trundicated and thus don't fit the screen. That's all, no big deal.

I am sure that Criet will be upgraded to Senior Member the next time that I have the time to do Senior member reviews.

Thanks,

Jackson

Freeler
04-08-04, 10:44
Jackson,

"(...)inserting carrage returns in the text at approximately every fourth or fifth word, which means that the sentances in his reports are artifically trundicated(...)"

Right...
But WTH are/is 'carrage returns' and 'trundicated',

Regards,

Freeler

A carrage return, aka
a hard return, is what you're
seeing here. As you can note
the sentences in this text have
forced returns that cut off each
line of text at an artifical point
instead of allowing the text to
flow across the screen and wrap
automatically as determined by
the size of the screen.

The next time I get a report like
this, I'll post a copy of it here for
your review.

Thanks,

Jackson

Thanks,

No need to post that report here, thanks for your explanation. And JD too for his PM.

Freeler

Bono
04-08-04, 16:32
Jackson, I have noticed in my yahoo mail box that I have been receiving emails from apparently you and that is being delivered to my bulk mail box. Are you truly sending me emails or is this some sort of a computer glitch.

Thanks

It's not me, it's somebody sending out spam emails using my email address as the return address (aka "spoofing"). I've been getting them too. It's just another way that people use to fuck with me.

Thanks,

Jackson

PurpleNGold
04-09-04, 05:39
originally posted by Jaimito Cartero
If we could only get them to make good reports it would be so much more entertaining.Maybe Jackson could have an online test that new members (and many current regular members) would be required to pass before being allowed to post, view pics, etc. The test could make sure that the wannabe member had read and understood the FAQ. Might cut down the number of members, but would raise the quality of posting.

Maybe even have one test per Forum to force everyone to RTFF!

Essi
04-09-04, 06:33
Hi Jackson,

I want to change my user name. How can I do it?

Essi

Hi Essi,

First, thanks for your many contributions to the Forum.

Please read the FAQ for information on how to change your User Name.

Thanks,

Jackson

Lover Boy
04-09-04, 23:40
Hi Jackson,

I may not be very old member, but I have been learning from your site since your site was worldsexguide.com, So I have been around, Also we all are playing a risky game. Many of us are family man.

It really concern's me a lot when I hear you are getting a lot of new members.

Is there a anyway to screen them?

Can you imagine One jackass get caught by LE, and he walkS thru a NYPD or some F...U law man, and before you know we are on National TV.

I consider myself survivor.

All I am asking is to make some type of membership process to better serve ourself.

Lover boy

Utopia Internet cafe.

Zepplin
04-10-04, 16:15
Hello Jackson,

Thank you for providing the forum with such good info for men all over the world. I think you are correct in enforcing the posting criteria and I can give you a good reason why. To use the info, street names have to be spelled correctly to find them (if you are not familar with the area). Establishments as well. Otherwise the post is good entertainment but of limited informational value.

I just saw a post requesting info on bi prostitutes. It is difficult to tell if the requestor is male or female. (Not that it really matters if it was male or female). I would not look foward to sifting posts to see if they were straight or bi. Is the objective here to provide info for men looking for women? Would you consider revising your mission statement to indicate the site is for men looking for sex with women?

It just seems to me there are so many "no men" signs around this is a "haven'' in an otherwise dis-oriented place we live in. I am refering to personal ads, profiles, web sites and chat rooms. Equally undesirable (my opinion) is the guy looking for another guy.

I have seen posts which were removed (rightfully so) because the content did not relate to the form. I consider bi/gay orientation outside the scope of your forum, but of course that is your call.

So if you were to clarify the statement it would be easy enough for us to keep our boards heterosexually oriented and irrelevant info deleted.

Thanks again for providing a great service,

Zepplin

Hi,

I copied this from the Forum FAQ:

What is the purpose of this Forum?

To facilitate the exchange of information between men who are looking for sex with women.

I think that says it all.

Thanks,

Jackson

Left Fielder
04-11-04, 14:14
Jackson,

It appears as if the wsg site is, again, having difficulty. It took me a couple tries to enter the site, and I am unable to load photos that have been posted. I believe that your site is having difficulty due to an overload in lurkers looking at the photos (as was the case previously). It may be best to limit the viewers of these photos to registered members. However you wish to rectify this situation, I will comply.

Left Fielder

NorthSeattle
04-11-04, 16:55
For some reason I'm not able to open any of Photo topics posted.

This happened today, my cookies are in order, the forum acknowledges my ID, I'm able to post, but not look at any posted Photos on the "Last 24 Hours" when I browse and try to view any on the forum.

All other functions are working regularly.

Please advise how to alleviate this situation. I have restarted my computer to no avail.

PervAlbert
04-11-04, 17:47
Ditto on the inability to view photos problem. Bottom of page says 'you are logged in' and 'you may post reports' but all clicks on photo links bring up up blank white page with 'Unknown something' mumbo jumbo.

boricua in la
04-11-04, 20:06
I am also having trouble opening photos since 4/11/04.

When I press the link I see something like this:

"Warning: Unknown(/home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/attachment.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/attachment.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in Unknown on line 0"

CaptChaos
04-11-04, 20:32
Jackson,

It seems I have the same problems with opening attachments. Have we hit some sort of bandwidth problem again and the system is shutting down attachment opening to protect bandwidth?

Capt Chaos,
Out

Sabor
04-11-04, 20:56
Jackson,

I'm also having the same problems as CaptChaos and Boricua in La. Some pics will come out while others won't since this morning.

Sabor6

ElPaharo
04-11-04, 23:16
Jackson,
I have been going through past post on becomming a Charity Benafactor. Could you re-post this or perhaps put it on the left in either "The Forum" or "Contact Us"
Thanks
El

In One Life
04-12-04, 08:52
Jackson,

Can you help,

Today when i try to open a pic found this message
Warning: Unknown(/home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/attachment.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/attachment.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in Unknown on line 0

Thanks

downunder
04-12-04, 09:15
Jackson - I'm having the same problem not being to see the recently posted pictures, however the older photo are fine.

Shomohin
04-12-04, 10:11
In my case, all photos, regardless of age seem to be inaccesable.

Keaton 64
04-12-04, 10:25
Guys, just to let you know I am havign same problem: no pics at all, old or new.

Lover Boy
04-12-04, 10:50
Jackson,

This is all the Php Error I see, When trying to open pictures.

Warning: Unknown(/home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/attachment.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/vforum/attachment.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in Unknown on line 0

Check it out when you got time.

Lover Boy

Atlanta Monger
04-12-04, 12:53
For those of you who missed it, Jackson has posted this announcement on the Main Index page of the forum:

PLEASE NOTE
Due to excessive bandwidth usage caused by several Chinese websites illegally hotlinking to WSG photos, I have temporarily disabled the viewing of photographs. This is a temporary restriction that will be lifted in just a few days. Please be patient as I effect a permanent solution to this problem. Thank You!

- Atlanta Monger

Lover Boy
04-12-04, 17:51
Jackson,

Why not change to that Only registered member can see pictures & change the exectubles to Read only for sign-on members.

That's probably going to happen at some point.

Why can't you mirror the site to other countries as Argentina.

I can't figure out how to mirror a forum site who's content changes every minute. How do I mirror a database that changes all the time?

Also, If a member is logged on for too long & there is no activity going on. Can be changed to Auto-log off due to no activity.

This already happens, but the problem with the hotlink thieves is that they get on and stay on.

Also, Instead of Uploading the pictures on your site why can't you let them add link to pic.

Because then people would SPAM the Forum by posting links to promote their own websites.

Just trying to make some suggestion

Lover Boy

Local Expert
04-13-04, 03:45
jackson, why don't you restrict the visibility of photos ONLY to senior members ? that would solve most of your problems and would encourage members to contribute to this forum

Brownout
04-13-04, 05:28
Restricting photos to senior members would create a Catch-22 for prospective senior members if photos play a part in assessment for senior membership. It seems absurd to be unable to see what you've posted yourself if it's posted complying with relevant rules. What's more is that prospective senior members may find it helpful to see others' photos as a reference to what photos they want to produce to post here.

One solution would be to lead web users not logged in to this site who tries to follow links to WSG's photos to the log-in page. One side effect is increased publicity of this forum.

Snake27
04-13-04, 23:22
I realize I'm probably in the minority here, and with few posts I have little credibility, but in my opinion the photographs can be eliminated entirely. Sure, they are amusing, but they add little to the information content of the forum. By far, most information comes from the text. We've seen that the photos add significant problems for the forum admin. I can imagine that since photos are easy to upload in an uncontrolled way, yet the site can be viewed by anyone including minors, the photos might increase the chances of legal problems. I will admit, though, that in some cases the photos serve to calibrate a contributor's words. For example, if his reports are ecstatic but his pictures lame, you know better how to judge his reports.

PsyberZombie
04-16-04, 05:58
ElPaharo writes =

Jackson,
I have been going through past post on becomming a Charity Benafactor. Could you re-post this or perhaps put it on the left in either "The Forum" or "Contact Us"
Thank

El P :

See the blue letters under my name here that say 'WSG Charity Benefactor' ??

Just click on that and you'll get all the info you need

Sabor
04-17-04, 18:57
Sure missed the days of viewing the pics of fellow Mongers but really appreciate the website Jackson has provided for all of us. Hope you fix this problem soon Jackson.

Be safe!

Sabor6

Alexander
04-17-04, 22:20
The following is a suggestion that could have the following benefits:

-encourage exceptionally well written reports
-identify members who post quality information
-provide some members extra credibility

The suggestion is to create a "Hall of Fame" of exceptionally well written, entertaining, interesting and useful reports.

Every month there could be a "Report of the Month" which could be viewed in a special section as well as in their original chapter.

There is a huge number of postings every month (with so much crap too) so to qualify for this trophy the glorious member would me assured great respect from other members.

Next to their username from then on would appear a note that their posting had been selected in the "Hall of Fame" 1, 2, 3 or so many times.

There are so many great postings but we never read them because they are out of our usual "territories". This could draw attention to them.

The evaluating process could be done by voting from other members of the forum or by admin or the posting members themselves could nominate their reports in a special section if they feel that their posting may qualify.

And what would be the reward? Just a note next to their username ("member has been selected as poster of the month xx times"), really. No cash of course. But it would earn them greater respect, glory and credibility from other members for sure.

I would most likely spend another half an hour in front of the screen just to put my reports in a more readable, entertaining, informative format if there was some motivation like this.

A

It's a great idea, but I just don't have the time to administrate it.

Keaton 64
04-19-04, 07:11
I definetly agree to be grateful to Jackson for the precious site he built for all of us. But about pics I think they were (and hope will be soon again) something that added flavour to the posts, and the posts reffered to the pics added taste to the pics.

I mean on the we there are a plewnty of naked women, no problem to find some, but is completely another story to see a beauty and read that where she is, what she does and how to meet her.

Greetings to all, thanks to Jackson, looking forward to be able to see pics again

Keaton from Italy (sorry for my english)

Sumimazen
04-20-04, 12:57
Dear Jackson,

I do not want to sound like a 'tommy-smart-boy', but as you are working hard AGAIN to solve bandwith-problems, I would like to suggest you to disalble non-members from viewing photos permanently!

I think it would make your life a lot easier.

Maybe you already think of this.

Sumimazen, excuses my english but i'm Dutch.

Boxcc
04-20-04, 16:05
Jackson,

As always, thank you for the work you do. I love this website and also love being part of the 'WSG' family.

Just my .02, but I think it may be good to restrict the photo viewing to Senior Members. This would eliminate newbies from joining just to view the pics, and would reward those who have actually contributed to the board. As always, do as you wish, and we will support you.

I also wanted to commend you for the way you handled the Uncle Otto/LoveLOS/Trashman thing. Everyone got their say, and it apprears that everything has calmed down and is back to normal. Well, at least as normal as things can get around here. lol.

Thanks for listening,
Box

Brownout
04-20-04, 21:08
If photo viewing is to be restricted to Senior Members, so should photo posting as a matter of fairness. Inability to see one's own posted photo is absurd enough.

Boxcc
04-21-04, 10:47
Jackson,

I guess I spoke to soon about Uncle Otto, Trashman and LoveLOS. I don't envy you your position right now. You my friend are the umpire at a pissing contest and you ain't doing nothing but gettin' wet.

I think they should agree to disagree and move the fuck on. Everyone is getting tired of the bullshit. Send them all to their separate corners and don't let them speak to one another again, IMHO.

Thanks for letting me vent,
Box

Member #1986
04-21-04, 13:51
Jackson, is there an email address or somewhere else I can write to you about my problem?

I can't have it seen online.

Thank you

Use jackson@wsgforum.com

Galere
04-21-04, 14:37
How do I go about changing my handle? Just wondering.

Please read the Forum FAQ.

Late Night
04-21-04, 17:58
Dear Jackson,

I don't have the option for members to send me a PM and I cannot check my private messages. I have tried many times to turn on my PM option, but for some unknown reasons I cannot figure out how. Can you please help?

As always, thanks in advance!

Boxcc
04-22-04, 09:26
Brownout, you have 65 posts, why are you not a senior member?

I mean nothing by excluding regular members from viewing pictures. I just think that would be a good way to reduce bandwidth and bullshit. Apparently, people are joining just to view the pictures. If they are doing that, then obviously they are not contributing to this forum. They are just leeches, sucking away valuable bandwidth from the rest of us who do contribute.

I agree that it is not fair to not let people who post pictures view those pictures. But, IMHO, if you are posting info and pictures, you need to be a senior member anyway. Or, don't post pictures until you are a senior member. Either way, I think that would cut down a lot on Jackson's already overburdened plate. Hell, he has enough to deal with in NOVA! Just read some of that bullshit, then take a look at all the BLUE in that area and you'll see that Jackson has had to spend a lot of time and effort policing the board. I apologize for that again Jackson.

Take it easy,
Box

Brownout
04-22-04, 09:48
Boxcc,

You questioned my position to voice about photo posting/viewing. Either go to the Request Senior Membership Upgrades section or search recent posts under my name and you'll see what happens.

Nonetheless I have some reservations on restricting photo posting to Senior Members. Photos are helpful in illustrating some points. The following is one of the four conditions for Senior Membership:

One detailed report on an international country or city, several paragraphs in length, demonstrating intimate knowledge of the area and providing information that obviously reflects the member's personal experience.

Prohibiting Regular Members from posting photos could lead to a Catch-22.

Rolly Polly
04-22-04, 11:16
How does one become a charity benefactor?

Thanks!

Click this link: www.wsgforum.com

Sumimazen
04-22-04, 14:40
Dear Boxcc (and Jackson),

I totally disagree of be cut off, because I am still a Regular member. Which is logical 'cos I have gonna work in order to save money for my trips ya know!!!

Of course I can write about the Dutch scene, where I keep myself sharp in order to peek at the right time (see Morocco thread).

Maybe I will, if you guys are interested.

Or I could tell you about the "coffeshops"...

Hmm, lets see what I need to become Senior member.

Sumimazen

Jury Duty
04-23-04, 01:29
Jackson,

I would like to make a few suggestions.

1. I think the Terms & Abbreviations section would be noticed by more people if it was part of The Forum. So the link was on the left instead of at the top of the page. It took me awhile to notice it and sometimes the links on top don't show on my browser.

2. Why not do away with the Complaints about Other Members section? Not just now, but in theory it sounds like a battle ground. Can't you get the same results from the Report to Moderator link without the troops getting together?

This Forum is great. You can't find information like this anywhere else. Plus it's free and you don't even have to be a member.

Thank you Jackson.

Fun Dog
04-23-04, 01:51
Dear Jackson,

Though I am not a regular contributor except for the odd one or few FRs which I have submitted, I would like to extend a big thank you for the effort in hosting this site.

Through the years though with limited puntering time, I have managed to enjoy the various diverse offering via this site and has allowed me to make the best of time management in my travels and enjoy puntering effectively.

I have to say the forum has allowed me to explore places and opportunities usually not known to business travellers like myself and WSG has provided me with an effective puntering plan on the side as dessert after my business meetings.

I will be leaving for some travel to Asia Pacific and Oceanic regions for the next few weeks and will have limited access to the internet. The bottom line, a BIG THANK YOU for hosting this site and the hardwork that comes with it.

IMHO, This site has provided me with unselfish and neutral information which has allowed me to enjoy my hobby with extremely satisfactory results.

Bravo and Well Done. Keep up the Good work.

Humbly

Fun Dog

Boxcc
04-23-04, 10:06
Brownout, I have read your posts. My point was that I thought you should be a Senior Member. I just didn't know if you were like my friend NC Hunter who wants to maintain Regular Member status.

I don't want anyone excluded. That is my second point. I want as many people included as possible. The more people, the more posts, the easier it is to find pussy - for everyone! I just don't like the idea of lurkers out there joining to get their jollies on pics posted by hard working mongers. Since bandwidth has been a problem, I thought that suggestion would work best. There is nothing more irritating than trying to log onto my favorite site, WSG, and not be able to get in. So, I thought if you limit the picture viewing to senior members then 1. you cut down on the bandwidth used, 2. you reward those who have contributed to the board, and 3. you exclude lurkers who don't do anyone any good anyway! The lurkers are the ones causing the problem, not the people who contribute.

Sumimazen, I encourage you to post whatever information that you wish. Post often and obtain Senior status, then you will not be cut off. I don't want to seem harsh. I am not against Regular Members at all. What I am against is lurkers that take all the information that is provided and give nothing back in return. I myself was a lurker once. I could never seem to get the courage to go ahead and sign up and post. Finally, I said the hell with it and did it. Now, you can't shut me up. I am approaching 400 posts and I think I have contributed to this forum. I encourage others to do the same.

Having picture viewing only available to senior members should give a little incentive to have people contribute more, obtain senior status and that my friends will make this forum even more valuable.

Big Baller
04-23-04, 12:03
Hey Boxcc.

I was reading your opinions, and I'm sorry but I think they don't make much sense, thre's a part where you suggest report posting and pic uploading to senior members only, but my friend, How the heck are you gonna become a senior member if you are not allowed to post reports?

Boxcc
04-23-04, 13:39
I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. I only want to limit the downloading of pictures to Senior Members. I still want anyone to be able to post. I thought I tried to make that clear, but I guess my words failed me.

I want as many people as possible to post. I think every member should post with the goal of becoming a Senior Member. My point was that with bandwidth becoming a problem because of the pictures, limiting the viewing of pictures to Senior Members Only would be a fair way to solve that problem.

I don't want any other changes to be made. I want everyone to be able to post whenever they want. I believe the confusion came in when I was answering a question about a regular member not being able to view their own pictures because they were not senior members. That would present a problem, so I suggested not letting anyone post a picture unless they were a senior member so that they can view it as well. I never said that posting should be limited to senior members only.

Besides, I'm just some dumb asshole from South Carolina, what the fuck do I know? lol.

I just wanted to make that suggestion because I really hate when I can't log into this site when I want. My not being able to log on is related to bandwidth. And, picture viewing is directly proportional to the amount of pictures being viewed, primarily by lurkers.

Civ2000
04-23-04, 17:25
Boxcc, I believe that if you require senior membership in order to view photo's you'd get a lot of lurkers posting general mis-information just so they could get the required number of posts to obtain senior status. They might not be doing any cruising or legwork but would write something just so they could view photos. And then what? Most would go back to being lurkers again. I know this bandwidth thing is a problem but to date all I've heard from Jackson is that it is a temporary problem to which he is seeking a permanent solution. I haven't heard him say otherwise (correct me if I'm wrong Jackson).

Civ2000

Joe Zop
04-24-04, 00:35
Since Jackson noted that 80% of the bandwidth is eaten up by non-members viewing pics, the issue of whether or not members of any level can view pics is certainly less of an issue than whether non-members can do so. IMHO the main issue is whether or not restricting viewing to members only will significantly impact Jackson's overhead in terms of people applying for memberships simply so they can view photos, as looks to have been the case when that option was disabled.

Boxcc
04-24-04, 04:59
Gentlemen, it was just a suggestion! lol. I didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest. I agree with you that requiring only members to view pics should solve the problem, but, if it doesn't other measures may be necessary and my suggestion may be one of the ways to do that. No, it isn't the only way, it is just my .02

Gpiper
04-25-04, 15:12
Jackson:
Any thoughts regarding my 4/01/04 Letter to the Editor?!

Kimosabe
04-25-04, 20:29
Jackson,

Is it difficult to become a "Senior Member"?

Please read the FAQ.

A J Bond
04-26-04, 19:10
I have been accessing your site via a macintosh computer. Every time I go to the site, I have a exe program downloaded to my mac. I want to know if there is anyway of stopping this from happening, as it is getting annoying and I keep having to erase it everytime.

Thank you in advance.

Valdez
04-28-04, 09:53
Jackson,

First, I would like to thank you for putting this site up and maintaining it. I know this has to consume many hours of your time.

Second, I am not certain whether this post belongs on the board or not. I read the Akron, Ohio board among others and noted a lot of discussion about the Newton Zone. There is a web site dedicated to apprehending mongers that frequent The Newton Zone. They post photographs of mongers and log their license plates.

As a result of recent publicity many persons have gone to that website to see the photographs of the mongers and the hookers. I have done so too.

Now my browser acts weird when I access your site. I get a "runtime error" and a question "Do you wish to debug?". I also saw one newsprogram that indicated spyware would be installed on unsuspecting visitors to the website.

I am now asking you to deviate from your policy of not publishing other websites to expose this problem. I am going to paste the news report below but you can edit it out if appropriate. I think the article should also be placed in the Akron message board too. The below originated from the WKYC TV News website at http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=17402

Residents using camera, website to expose prostitutes, johns
Reported by Vic Gideon
POSTED: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 6:29:16 PM
UPDATED: Thursday, March 25, 2004 9:31:43 PM
CANTON -- Some Canton residents are using video cameras and a web site to tell prostitutes and their johns to get out of their neighborhood.

Video: Women solicited near their homes

Sandi Belliveau has lived in the Newton area on the northwest part of the city for 13 years. Recently, the prostitution and the crime and blight it brings have gotten to be too much for her. She says the johns have tried to solicit her.

"It's ridiculous," said Belliveau. "It's ridiculous that anyone should have to live this way. ... It's not just about my lifestyle. It's about everybody's lifestyle back here."

Belliveau and some other neighbors have looked to improve that lifestyle by hiding eight video cameras around the neighborhood and taking pictures to document the prostitution.

They're putting the images on a website to try and expose the johns.

"There's no low-life scumbag who's going to come in here and make me lose money and move away," said concerned citizen Randy Cox. "It's just not going to happen. You're not going to run me out."

The neighbors had a march against prostitution in October and say they've received threats but they're committed to their mission of exposing johns and stopping prostitution in the neighborhood.

"You will be on my camcorder, you will be on my digital, and you be on my throw away and will definitely be on my website," said Belliveau.

The plan to expose the johns appears to be working. The group's website received almost 1,500 hits on Wednesday alone.

Warning: The website may attempt to install a spyware program on your computer. If a dialog box pops up, asking you to approve anything, click "No." Log on to the website at your own risk.

http://newtoncrimezone.cjb.net/

MrTallOne
04-29-04, 10:09
Jackson,

If the photos are attracting people and resulting in the membership overload, take the photos off the site.

There are millions of guys looking for photos on the Internet, and I'd bet most of the new membership applications are guys looking for photos and nothing more.

Just take the photos off. Doing that would immediately turn this into a place for people serious about this hobby since there would be nothing for the tourists.

Glenlivet
04-29-04, 12:15
Jackson!

The system counts now 200,000 reports! Congratulations and keep up the good work!

GL

Member #1986
04-29-04, 18:38
Jackson,

Can I ask what it take to become a senior member? I have seen some senior members with reports of only 12 to reports of 1300.

If its reporting on sex escapades only, I emailed you last week telling you I had a problem in reporting online with my current name and asked you what I can do about it.

I am very knowledgeable about the Philippines, I am married to a Flip. So my reports are not spam, and I really hate flamming. Just asking what are the ground rules for senior member status. And what can I do to change my user name without having my history follow me so I can report my escapades.

Great site, keep up the good work.

Rio

Hi Rio,

Please read the Forum FAQ.

Thanks,

Jackson

Skinless
04-30-04, 07:28
Dear Jackson
Thank you for your seemingly endless patience. Unfortunately, I have less of this than you. As I am not prepared to debate the child sex laws of Thailand with Zop and his ilk (I find it hard explaining myself to idiots), please terminate my membership immediately.
Besides the aggravation the kiddy lovers present, there is little here for me anymore. I have tried to present some information in the Thailand areabut most are only interested in Pattaya and bangkok and those threads are jam packed with useless rubbish from Zop, LBJ and The Traveller. Not my sort at all.

I also find the forum takes up too much time - and htat is before wading through the tons of garbage theser "people" post. Best, probably, to be a lurker.
Good luck Jackson, "have fun" and - lay off those late night steaks:)

Sumimazen
05-02-04, 12:00
MrTallOne,

I would like to start with the fact that there are loads of "wannabee-WSG Forum-sites". None of them has a photo-thread.

Besides, one photo cannot be replaced be a million words.

As you and me (and all the other members, thank you) are SERIOUS monger. Always on the search fot the hottest, best and so on.

Point of my story, what-you-see-is-what-you-can-have-also!!

Agree with that TallOne?

Sumimazen

Brownout
05-03-04, 12:28
In response to Valdez's recent post about residences camcording suspected punters.

I think those punters going after just any residences are to blame. We punters have been made notorious for centuries because of the inurbane behaviour of the few who go overboard this way of generalised solicitation.

Any one of you who's been at least lurking the Hong Kong pages is highly likely to understand the point I want to make.

In Hong Kong a very prevalent modus operandi of buying and selling sex between non-specific persons is known as '141'*, or the one-woman brothel, not unlike the ex-colonist's counterpart. English law considers premises with 2 or more prostitutes 'vice establishments', the keeping of which is outlawed, and this meaning continued to apply after China resumed sovereignty. Flats with just one prostitute and nobody else are not considered vice establishments because residential privacy makes enforcing any anti-prostitution law difficult, if not brutal on civil liberties. (Neither buying or selling of sex is in itself illegal in Hong Kong.)

Before I get carried away I have seen notices in a number of buildings by their management about problems associated with 141. Because of 141 many non-residents go in and out of the building and this is enough to cause nuisance. Now I'm provoking you into being in the residents' shoes: If you live in a flat with one or more women (could be anyone), and a 141 is at high proximity, any woman you live with is likely to be mistaken as a 141 proprietor. The presence, coming and going of punters in your building are not just a nuisance but a menace. In one word: Nimby.

You could also search posts in the Hong Kong page under my name: Brownout. I've posted a photo that is a notice I sampled and its translation.

This make me think of a history: During the decline of imperial China, Shanghai was under occupation by Western powers. Sex trade was rampant in the 'rented' territories and so much so that a few punters would go ransacking residences for girls who would sell them sex. In the eyes of those Chinese, Western men were seen as thinking that every Chinese girl was a prostitute. This proved to be a major part of anti-Western sentiment.

* Etymology: 141 < corruption of one floor one < literal translation of yed1 leu4 yed1 < shortening of yed1 leu4 yed1 fung2

Lover Boy
05-05-04, 17:56
Jackson,

You are still the no:1 man on this topic.

No one in this world got a site like yours.

What ever other sites there are they include scary banner & pop-ups. Most Place you need to pay membership dues.

I Just wanna thank you for giving us this chance to express.

Lover Boy

Fair Dinkum
05-07-04, 21:30
Jackson,

Thank you for your efforts with this web site. It is a really great forum.

With appreciation,

Fair Dinkum

Brownout
05-08-04, 11:02
A question for Jackson:

On what standards do you enforce the policy against repetitive postings? Say that I posted some background information some time ago but now it has scrolled down some 20 pages, where no one's likely to carry on so long. If I post the same thing again how would you treat that?

Nico
05-08-04, 19:41
Jackson
Have you looked at changing the WSG to Invision Power Board forum software? It has a PM feature that allows pop ups to let people know when they have messages. This forum is cool but Invision Power Board kicks major ass. Other than that keep up the excellent work on the site.

Pacific Blue
05-09-04, 14:06
Jackson,

In a posting I made recently, in the Philippines forum, you added the following comment:

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to remove the forced hard returns in the text. To avoid delays in future reports, please consider composing your report in the Forum or in a word processing program that does not insert hard returns in the text. Thanks!

I don't quite understand. I've always composed my reports in the Forum in the same manner, but this is the first time I've seen a comment like this. Just don't want to make the same mistake again!

Thanks,

Pacific Blue

Hi,

I just recently started making notes in these situations. It's just to advise you that your posts have hard returns that in the past I would methodically remove, but that hopefully, because you're now aware of the situation, I won't have to do it any more in the future.

Thanks,

Jackson

Monger22
05-12-04, 09:52
Jackson Just received an email from you that cotained a virus. Jackson@WSG looked very official an real

Member #1986
05-12-04, 15:51
Jackson,

I know your a very busy man and I really hate to keep bothering you about my problem.

I had written you earlier that I needed to change my username due to some a**h*** telling my wife about the board. From there it was not hard for her to figure out from dates and times in my reports who I was. Oh well, s*** happens.

You did give me a different username (thank you). But the problem is that all my past reports are still linked to my new user name. She still knows it me.

How can we fix this so she cannot track me anymore. I don't want to loose the number of reports I have given due to the fact I have enough to ask for Senior Membership, but I can't have the old reports attached to my new user name.

I will let you figure this one out and what ever you say goes. Thanks for your help & especially thanks for your board.

It does absolutely no good to post these types of individual membership requests in the Letters to the Editor section. If you want me to act on this request, then you should send it to me in an email.

Spazen
05-15-04, 23:28
Jackson:

I just got a weird message from IE 5.1 Mac Classic when trying to check the message length before a PM. "Your message is 2659 characters long. The maximum length permitted is 3000."

Last I can remember 2659 is less than 3000?

Huh?

Spazen

MeatMan
05-17-04, 20:51
Has anyone took notice that we now have over 50K members on the WSG? quite an accomplishment I'd say!

Ljohnson
05-18-04, 03:08
Jackson,

I see that I am not the only one being harassed by Tooth Ferry via PM's. Does the system allow anyone to utilize the PM feature? If so, is there anything that can be done to prevent non-members (especially banned members) from doing so?

LJ

Gpiper
05-18-04, 18:50
Jackson:
Can anything be done to stop a newbie member from PM'g me? Johnny Razkal, a newbie with 0 posts sent me a pm requesting a hot girl's phone #. I politely declined. He's been harassing me since with multiple angry pm's, despite my stating to him prior that I don't want to hear from him again. Isn't there anyway I can block sender?!

Chi Guy
05-24-04, 20:05
Jackson,

I just got done reading another new post where you had to teach someone basically how to write and construct sentences and paragraphs. Yeah, you gotta love the American public school system.

I have to give you props for what you go through running this board on a daily basis. I would never have the patience. Thanks so much for all you do.

Alexander
05-26-04, 07:49
Dear Mr Jackson,

Well, as $$$ is the turningstone of everything, there must certainly some money to be made from people viewing da Forum.

So good! There are "Viewing Members" now who contribute nothing but 'view' the reports and most importantly it seems the photos.

I believed us 'members' and 'senior members' to be an integral part of this show. Was I wrong? If we didn't post the reports and the photos, who would view them?

So, is granting 'Viewing Member" status more important than reviewing requests for 'Senior Members'?

But never mind. It's just an observation.

However I would like to note that as this Forum is being Great at this moment, nothing guarantees it's future success more than the loyalty of it's current CONTRIBUTING & ACTIVE members, who travel and do the shit themselves and write da reports and take da shotz!

As reading the letters to the Editor I have noticed that several members oppose of having a "Photo Section" at all, as it being not nearly as important as the reports themselves and the photo section is rather inviting an unwelcome attention of perverts and other dubious elements.

Of course, I am nothing, but a 'regularmember', nevertheless I would like to point it out that the "report section" forms the core of this Great forum. And as such, it is more important to the survival of this honorable "hobby" rather than the whole site becoming just a "photo gallery", wanking aid for aged and disabled citizens (thanks to the Medical Profession, there are too many of those, spending 24/7 on the Net).

So again I would like to voice my opinion that we should possibly do away with the whole "photo section" altogether, being as insignificant as it is and really concentrate on the "practice of the Honorable Hobby" itself, creating and posting more useful reports of Real Life!

Woluld that work out financially as viable as becoming a "photo site" for perverts?

If that cannot happen, maybe we should review our objective. What do we really want from this Forum?

In Summary:

Can we do away with the "Photo Sections" at all, for the benefit of genuine, contributing members and the survival of the Forum Itself? (I feel the presence of the viewers who use the Forum for nothing else but 'wanking aid' or so called "law enforcement" very irritating).

Thank you.

A

Hi,

I agree with most of your observations, although I'd like to pointout that the Viewing Members have been viewing the Forum before there was a Viewing Member designation, so there's really no change EXCEPT that I can now quit dealing with the backlog of membership applications and focus on upgrading the Forum's software.

It also means that the potential new contributing members can now "raise their hands" and let me know from among the sea of Viewing Members that they want to contribute, and thus they can be upgraded to Regular Member status.

Thanks,

Jackson

Boxcc
05-26-04, 13:55
Jackson, I like your solution to the problem of people only wanting to view the pictures. Members who want to post can be recognized immediately while still enabling the lurkers to view all the pictures they want. It builds the membership numbers of the board without taking away from the posting side of things.

Plus, you don't have to wade through all those damn applications for membership now!

Lover Boy
05-26-04, 18:57
Jackson,

Free viewing for new member I don't know man. Cause I belive lots of these pictures are taken without permission, I think its too much credit without much anything from new guys.

Oh well you are the boss & I give you 100% credit.

LoverBoy

There's no difference than before. The site has always been an open public forum, and thus anybody who had an interest cound and did view the photos.

Stravinsky
05-27-04, 14:39
Jackson,

Could it be possible to upload html docs, as well as jpg files? It would be helpful to some of the "Cyrillically challenged" on the Russia board if we could upload some of the Russian escort service pages in Cyrillic and then provide translation notes so the rest of the guys could find their way around.

In the alternative, is it possible for the forum software to represent the Cyrillic character set in a post?

Stravinsky

Lover Boy
05-27-04, 18:20
Jackson,

I would vote againt Html or Direct viewing of .jpg, I love your PHP site & HTML disabled.

Stravinsky,

Can you imagine porno is popping up all over while viewing site. Also I belive there is a section in this site for adding ADS. No beef with you(Stravinsky) but Jackson got a great free site going on here & most members will agree.

I don't see translation as an issue. Anyway PUSSY is International.

LoverBoy

Stravinsky
05-28-04, 13:17
Lover Boy,

My purpose in uploading html was not to place ads or bombard users with porn. Translation really is an issue, particularly on the Russia board, where the Cyrillic alphabet is completely unrecognizable to most westerners.

My thought was that if we could post a web page from one of the Russian internet escort sites, then we could provide translation notes as a guide to how to read and understand, the info there. It doesn't have to be a web page with active links, just an image.

If that's not possible, then the ability to put Cyrillic characters in a post would be a big help to give members certain key words to look for. Simple stuff like; Height, Weight, Age, Telephone, Address, by the hour, for the night, does she do anal, etc.

Stravinsky

Murilloa
05-29-04, 06:32
Jackson,

I would like to use the auspicious occasion of my 100th report, to offer sincere thanks for the pleasure and instruction I have received from this site. I hope I have given a little in return, mainly in the Lisbon but also in the London section, but the main purpose of this message is to congratulate you.

You have set high standards of dignity and responsibility, both in relatively minor but absolutely worthwhile areas such as your insistence on proper punctuation, and in areas of the greatest importance such as protection of Muslim women and a resolute stand against perverts hunting for children.

I honestly believe that life is safer and more fun for a great many ladies and mongers as a consequence of your work on this forum.

I humbly beg you to keep it free of charge, and uncluttered.

I hope perhaps to have the honour of your acquaintance on a planned trip to Buenos Aires, this year or next.

sincerely,
murilloa

Ljohnson
05-29-04, 20:11
Jackson,

How much time per day do you spend, on average, on WSG Forum related matters?

Just curious. And thank you for your laudable efforts.

LJ

Dollar Bill
06-03-04, 18:45
Jackson,

I was just reading the "Read the Hate Mail" section and I saw a post by JimmyDR posted on 5/29/02.

His report read like this:

"Re: Fools

Why is he here on this site if his sex life is so great??? I sent him a personlized e mail. What an ASSHOLE!

4500 members
7191 posts

Numbers confuse him."

Congratulations!!!

From what I can tell, BECAUSE OF YOU AND ALL YOUR HARD WORK, this site has grown over 12x in membership, and you have over 30x more posts in just 2 years since JimmyDR posted those numbers in his report.

If only we could multiple our money in the banks 12x in 2 years: some of us would not have to work to support our "hobby."

Thanks for this site and Congrats on your success on the growth of this fine site!

$Bill

Hamock
06-04-04, 03:21
Good morning Jackson!

I tried to post a picture in the Romanian photo section.

I wonder why it doesnt appear.

Can you tell me if it did not meet the posting guideline?

Socal Glock
06-05-04, 00:45
Jackson,

I am a long time lurker & fan.

I visit various countries and noticed that some people ask about various questions about prices. The confusion comes from using the $ sign to refer to the countrys local currency not the US dollar. Can you pick a symbol that would refer to that country's currency that would be universal through out the site. This is just to keep the excess, messages down. An example would be the Canadian dollar vs the American dollar. Or in the TJ section of Mexico. Peso vs American dollar.

I hope this helps keep the chatter down.

SoCalGlock

OldAsiaHand
06-05-04, 07:13
Jackson,

Have you ever tried to organize a WSG global convention?

OAH

Freeler
06-08-04, 23:05
Jackson,

I found this in your posting guidelines about the Forum's Quote function:
"I'm giving serious thought to removing the function entirely, but I'll make it a subject of a future discussion first."

Hmmm, why don't people just copy&paste?

Lover Boy
06-09-04, 15:30
Jackson,

I did do the charity thing, I had to do it thru my buddy account cause I don't have paypal cedit card, but he did do it for me.

Lover boy

Speck
06-11-04, 12:43
A number of individuals(not many, just a few) are posting information in the California boards that is so bad and incorrect that I think it deserves review and perhaps banning. Specifically, it is in the Pasadena and Orange county boards.

The information being provided states that undercover LE are getting into monger's car. This is simply not true. One of the main tests in picking up an sw that mongers can use is if the sw will get in his car.

Not one police agency in Southern California allows their officers to do this.

The bad information is very harmful to any newbie monger who might read it. In my mind it is being put out there by LE on these boards because their efforts to erradicate streetwalkers on Harbor Bl, Sunset Bl, and Figueroa St. are not being effective.

I will note that the City of Los Angeles public television station recently ran an entire half hour show on Hollywood vice's efforts to erradicate streetwalkers. They even showed a sting at the Shakeys on Sunset and Kingsley where several people have posted about. An officer that was interviewed stated that there are internet sites where people talk about how to avoid police stings. I assume he was refering to this site.

In sum, there are very obviously LE at least reading this site and when there are posts including blatantly false information, perhaps those posters ought to be banned.

WSJ3
06-11-04, 13:59
Good Afternoon Jackson:

I used my credit card to make a donation to WSG charities, and I wanted to know what the turn around will be to have the WSG Charities Benefactor title added to my username?

Any help that you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards:
WSJ3
:)

PWhipped
06-14-04, 09:33
Hello Jackson, Ol PWhipped here. I am a little confused, I had a PM message from way back that had a tele number on it, it was the last one on my received list and now it is gone, is there a archive or somewhere I can find it again? I do not believe I deleted it, unless by accident, the number is VERY important to me and really wish I could find it. Thanks, PWhipped

SexReview
06-14-04, 19:08
Hello Jackson,

Have the rules about photos changed and not been updated on the site? The reason I asked is I'm seeing more and more photos that seem to be against the rules, the two below seem to be more or less meaningless now:

Pornographic, as in showing sexual intercourse.

Photographs of American women in private locations. Street photographs are okay.

If they have changed could you please let us know? You just need to take one look at the streetwalker section of the US board and it is clear these rules are not being followed.

Sexreview

OldAsiaHand
06-15-04, 05:12
Dear Jackson,

I would like to take the opportunity of my 500th post to thank you for providing such a great forum. In addition to the access to a wealth of invaluable information for the best mongering around the globe, I have also made some great new friends and mongering buddies through the forum. Thanks again for the dedication and hard work it takes to keep it all together.

OAH

Boxcc
06-15-04, 08:37
Jackson,

I would also like to take the opportunity of my 500th post to thank you for everything that you do that makes this forum so great.

I thoroughly enjoy visiting this forum every chance that I get. I have received an excellent education from my interaction with fellow mongers, and made a lot of great friends here.

I hope this continues to be the best place in the world to obtain information about our hobby. And, I wish you long life and happiness so that WSG will continue well into our futures.

Thank You,
Box

Gpiper
06-15-04, 12:56
Jackson:
IMHO, Florida Buyer should be banned! He has 22 posts, and since myself and other members posted that we didn't agree with his stated propensity of having his anus licked and probed, he has made me the subject of 11 out of his last 13 posts (some you have already deleted) since March! His only interest as a member of this board seems to be posting malicious, negative untruths about me! This worrys and concerns me. He has done nothing but smear and tarnish my good reputation on the board. He has referred to me as George. He has falsely stated that I am LE. He has falsely accused me of being homosexual (said he spotted me in a car with a condom sticking out of my ass, which never happened!); said he saw me at a swing club (that I never even went to) messing with a man, and has falsely accused me of lying, being a fake and making up my posts! He has also stated that I should be banned from the forum. I have never met Florida Buyer, and I have not responded to any of his posts on the Broward County and Fort Lauderdale, Florida boards since March. Thank you!

Brutus1
06-23-04, 17:42
Hi Jackson,

Thanks for menbership upgrade, now I can post. If only I had something to report.

PWhipped
06-25-04, 00:34
I really hate this to be my 1000 post as I want to do a BIG great one, but I have problem. I see a new poster, P Whipped, this really too close to my handle and he is on the Atlanta board, can you correct this? I have been with you a long time and a very active poster with a lot of info, guys trust me and my knowledge. The new P Whipped may and could compromise my standing and also could get some of our members in trouble thinking it is me. Thanks, JimmyPW

Boxcc
06-25-04, 09:32
Pwhipped, no one could ever mistake that other guy for you. All anyone has to do is look at the member status and number of posts. Only the real Pwhipped has achieved over 1000 posts!

But, I do see your point about others being confused. And, I definitely see where this guy could cause big problems for you. I would hate to see a boxaa or a boxbb show up on the board! I hope Jackson can do something about that for you.

Freeler
06-25-04, 11:36
Brutus1,

"Hi Jackson,
Thanks for menbership upgrade, now I can post. If only I had something to report."

Well, thank you for the biggest laugh in weeks:D!

Late Night
06-26-04, 18:59
Dear Jackson,

How come your message board does not have respond notification option/capability to written posts??

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!

Rock Dog
06-28-04, 01:59
Hey there Jackson,

I'm really enjoying my regular membership status. It's great to be able to post new entries now! However, there is one thing that I've been wondering about.

It seems like most areas/countries get their own photo section. In fact, some countries have photo sections with zero entries. When I look at the countries in africa (Ghana and Cameroon for example), I noticed that they don't have a separate photo section. In order to look at the photos, I have to go digging through pages of posts. Also, there's no way to tell when any new photos have been posted.

Is there any possibility that these countries might get a section for new photos. I'd be glad to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for your time.

Sabor
06-28-04, 17:13
jackson,

i made a report about 2 days ago and nothing was posted. this is the second time this has happened. wondering if some post do not make it to the forum.

hi,

first, before you assume that your report has disappeared or that i may have deleted it, i would assume that it's still in the queue to be reviewed and moderated before being posted to the forum.

i try to review and moderate all pending reports in the queue every day, but there are certainly occasions such as travel days when i have to let this otherwise daily task go for a day or two. therefore, i would first ask you to consider when you may have uploaded your report, and if it's been less than 72 hours, i would assume that it's still in the queue. if this is a possibility, then i would ask you to have some patience, wait a couple more days, and then look again to see if your report has been posted into the forum.

second, it's extremely rare for me to delete an entire report, but if i did, it would only be because it was in complete violation of the forum's posting policies i.e. a religious message, a commercial advertisement, a law enforcement warning, discussed finding **** girls, etc.

third, i don't keep copies of delete reports, and i don't keep notes on when and why a report may have been deleted. therefore, if in fact your report was deleted, and you want a detailed explanation why, you will need to send me another copy of the report, or a summary of the report's contents, and i will review it again and send you my observations.

thanks,

jackson

Pluto2
07-01-04, 12:59
Jackson

On photos, should there be a rule that the girls have to wear sunglasses or something else that would allow them to deny their identy if confronted?

From reading all of the paranoid posts on the Morroco board, my primary concern was some poor girl having the photo shoved in her face while being beaten or worse by family members, a pimp or the PD.

Lets not contribute to any abuse of these girls that collectively we should be protecting.

Pluto

Momo Taro
07-02-04, 00:05
Jackson,

I hope you don't mind putting this little tidbit I found regarding Independence Day.

Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence? Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured before they died. Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned. Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured. Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War. They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

What kind of men were they? Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants; nine were farmers and large plantation owners. They were men of means, well educated, but they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.

Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts, and died in rags.

Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward.

Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer, Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton. At the battle of Yorktown, Thomas Nelson Jr, noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt. Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy, jailed his wife, and she died within a few months.

John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished. A few weeks later he died from exhaustion and a broken heart. Norris and Livingston suffered similar fates.

Such were the stories and sacrifices of the American Revolution. These were not wild-eyed, rabble-rousing ruffians. They were soft-spoken men of means and education. They had security, but they valued liberty more. Standing tall, straight, and unwavering, they pledged: "For the support of this declaration, with firm reliance on the protection of the divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other, our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor." They gave you and me a free and independent America. The history books never told you a lot about what happened in the Revolutionary War. We didn't fight just the British. We were British subjects at that time and we fought our own government!

Have a great 4th of July everyone!!

Randy Farang
07-03-04, 10:35
I am constantly amazed at the number of people on this board who fret and worry about the subjects of photos and the possible consequences those photos may have. It has been my experience, over far too many years of mongering to recount here, that the women in the the trade are far more aware than you, or I, of the potential problems they might face. They generally have chosen to ply a profession that does have certain negative connotations in many societies, however, they have made a series of value judgments that have led them to the conclusion that the financial rewards exceed whatever negative consequences they might face.

The mere fact that an individual allows their photo to be taken, even in circumstances that society might frown upon, should tell you that they understand that once taken that photo can never be untaken. It may, or may not, be kept private. It may, or may not, end up being published here, or elsewhere. The decision process in which a woman allows a monger to make one, or more, photos has never been driven, at least in my experience, by passion. It is a product of a financial consideration. And, as in any financially driven decision, one must assume that she has taken into consideration what the degree of risk involved that the photo might become public versus what the benefit of the fee involved is to her.

To all those do gooders who seem driven to find a way to help save these poor women from themselves because they are obviously unable to make good decisions, I say "enough!"

I have never met a woman in the business who wasn't keenly aware of her bargaining power in these transactions. While far too often I, and I suspect all the rest of you, have made decisions following advice from the little head, I can assure you that the ladies are not driven by passion, or hormones. They are driven by an overwhelming economic inparative that balances risk with income. Each "date" brings the possible threat of violence, or an unpleasant brush with LE. They quicdkly become experts in assessing those risks and making their decisions based on the relative value of expected income versus the danger of arrest or violence. They make the same sort of choice when a monger produces a camera and wants to make a photographic record.

As a final thought, I would point out that each of these ladies are actresses. You might think that your charm and masculine vitality have made her fall in love with you, but I assure you, you are just another trick, in a long line of Johns, to be serviced and forgotten. They all put on some degree of an act for our benefit. The really good ones go to great lengths to convince us that we are special and that we mean something to them. You don't suppose that this could be for the purpose of increasing tips or generating repeat business do you? The same thing goes with the desire to take photographs. If you want to take pictures and it makes you happy, and therefore willing to pay more, they balance risk and income and make thier decision.

Lorenzo
07-04-04, 02:34
Jackson,

I hate to bother you, since I know you are a busy man, but I'm a bit confused about one thing. Like Sabor6 below, I have had the experience of not having my submissions posted for about 2 days after I submit them. Yet, after I click the 'submit message' button, I get a message saying that if I am a regular member my submission will be posted immediately. Moreover, I see many, many messages that are posted immediately, just by clicking the "last 24 hours" link. So my question is, what determines whose message gets posted immediately as opposed to whose have to be reviewed before they can be posted. I would like to know what I can do to move to the former category, if possible. Thanks.

Lorenzo

Hi,

I understand your aggravation with the delay in posting your reports in the Forum and I appreciate your desire to have your reports in the Forum displayed immediately.

Reports from Regular Members are delayed for approximately 24 to 48 hours, and at sometimes for up to a week, until they can be reviewed by me. This is a necessary step to stop Serial Spammers, although I certainly understand that this is sometimes an aggravation to some Forum contributors.

I review all the pending reports every day, with an occasional day off when I take a break or when I'm traveling. The daily review process takes me between 1 to 2 hours, and involves me personally reading and approving every report. Many reports must be edited for format, spelling, capitalization, etc., and still others require that I email the member who posted the report for some clarification or because the report just doesn't make sense.

Personally, I get tired of going through this process every day, so if you want the job, just let me know and it's yours. It requires approximately 2 hours a day, and there is no pay.

I would also like to address your complaint that in general your reports are not being posted fast enough to fit in with the rest of the forum's conversations. In other words, your delayed reports are being approved and posted after other members have finished discussing a specific subject.

Please understand that the WSG Forum is not a chat room, it is a database of detailed travel reports, and thus it is not designed to facilitate communications back and forth between the individual members.

Because the Forum is designed to be a database of detailed travel reports, there's really no urgency in the timing of a report's posting. Think of it like this: You make a week-long visit to Costa Rica, and on your return you post a long report detailing your adventures. Does it really make any difference if this detailed travel report gets posted on Monday, or Tuesday, or even not until Wednesday? The answer is no, the specific date that a travel report is actually posted is not a crucial.

Thanks,

Jackson

Mykonos Lover
07-05-04, 11:07
Jackson,

Here is a suggestion to help curtail some of the flame PM's and personal attacks.

1st. Only allow Sr. Members to send PM's

2nd. Upgrade to Sr. Member Status should have a cost. If someone has to pay a fee, even just a onetime fee, they would be less likely to be some A**hole trying to stir up trouble.

3rd. Even if they are trying to make trouble at least you have some compensation for Banning the A**hole.

4th. Give authority to the most senior members on each forum to ban or block a user even just temporarily until you have a chance to review the problem.

Now I know this is supposed to be a free site but I truly believe that a little cash will certainly help weed out the riff raff and keep those of us serious mongers from having to battle these flames.

Thanks for the Forum

Lorenzo
07-05-04, 15:54
Jackson,

Thanks for the clarification, and I'll pass on the job offer. I agree with you, that this forum has become too much like a chat room and that we should get back to basics and have it used primarily for reports. I suppose I'm guilty of this myself. I haven't submiited more reports myself because, when I tried to do so back when Atta was running the website, for some technical reason they couldn't get posted. More recently, in March 2003 I spent about an hour writing a report about Curitiba, Brazil, but when I submitted it there was again some technical reason it couldn't be posted. Worse yet, the report itself was lost after I submitted it, so I couldn't email it to you without writing it again. So I kind of got burned by this. However, all technical problems seem to have been long since resolved, so I hope to do my share as a loyal WSG follower and submit some reports. I could submit some right now from past trips, but the information would be so old as to be useless. Better to have a few reports that are of good quality than many which are a lot of drivel. I think the most criterion should be, will this information be useful to others, rather than just relating a personal experience. This forum has been an invaluable source of information to me, especially in orienting me the first time I went to places like Bangkok and Rio. I think Atta and Jackson should rank with Albert Schweitzer and Mother Teresa as all time great humanitarians. Would you like to be considered for the Nobel Peace (or Piece, maybe) Prize?

Lorenzo

EDITOR'S SUGGESTION: I always suggest to everyone who is writing a long report that they write it in a word processing program first, then proofread and spell check, then save it as file on their computer, AND THEN copy and paste it into the forum.

With this method, there is no danger of losing your work, and besides, it's easier to write in a real word procession program first. Even if you're in an Internet Cafe computer with no word processing program installed, you can always use Notepad or WordPad. Thanks!

Chuponalgas
07-05-04, 19:16
JACKSON, it's time to create a premium level and charge for it, maybe only $20 a year, but something. You could restrict viewing of pix and PM's to GOLD MEMBERS. Maybe add a chat function.... I, for one, would gladly pay!

GettingTang
07-05-04, 19:36
I for one would gladly pay also. Overall this is by far the best Sex site on the web. It's simply priceless.

TANG~!

Lorenzo
07-06-04, 02:15
I would pay as well. It would probably eliminate 90% of the horseshit that appears here. I agree, as my longer post below indicates, that this website provides an invaluable service.

You guys are both correct in your observations that switching to a pay site would eliminate the vast majority of the stupidity that sometimes clutters the site. Simply put, the idiots won't pay a single penny to participate, and people who do pay are more focused on exchanging information and getting the most out of their membership.

Thanks,

Jackson

Daddy Lows
07-06-04, 04:47
Why the **** did it take so long to ban ILS (I Love SLuts)?! Chupo, props to you. You have a high threshold for pain, and after reading 5 pages in the Panama section, I could tell ILS was a major pain in the ass. He was a mess, attacking multiple senior and regular members. BTW, thanks Jackson for keeping a neat and orderly (free, too) board and for all the info and help I've already received. BTW, please let PMs be used by everyone. I don't agree with MyKonos on that one.

Peace

Banning somebody is not something that I do lightly.

Thanks,

Jackson

Whiz Kid
07-06-04, 14:15
Hello Jackson,

At the risk of sounding pendatic, I think If my geography memory serves me correctly Tunisia should be located in North Africa and not West, with respect to keeping the structure and organisation easy to Navigate

Whiz Kid

Baltimonger
07-06-04, 21:20
I'd have to agree with Daddy Lows about not denying PM to regular members. No one has to respond to any PM, whether it comes from regular or senior members. I simply ignore those who do not post any relevant info within the forum when they request info from me. Any inflammatory PM's should be sent to Jackson.

Considering the sheer number of regular members waiting for an upgrade to senior member, having a substantive number of posts with relevant info (including you Mykonos), a lot of good private info could not be exchanged.

I don't agree with giving any member, regardless of number of posts or amount of time being members of WSG, the ability to ban (even temporarily) another member. It would seem a good way to calm a firefight, but what if the "designated moderator" is the initiator of the flaming?

If you feel that you are unjustly flamed either within the forum or by PM, just report it to Jackson. Another thing to do is ignore your attacker, and keep on posting relevant information.

A pay site would be a good idea. Proceeds could be used for WSG charities, and site operating costs.

P.S.: How did you ever let someone become "I Love Sluts" in the first place? Even though the word s-l-u-t(s) is not on the banned words list, if you type it without the "s" at the end, the word is automatically censored by the forum software. I do believe however, that s-l-u-t is a derogatory word, and should therefore be added to that list. I consider it to be just like the words b-i-t-c-h or w-h-o-r-e; women can use it to refer to themselves or other women, but men should not refer to women as b-i-t-c-h-e-s, w-h-o-r-e-s, or s-l-u-t-s.

Just my $.02
K.J. Baltimonger

Chuponalgas
07-07-04, 00:09
I didn't really mind ILS, LOL.

I kid around a lot, and it amuses me when someone takes it seriously. BUT HEY, at my age I can only hobby an hour a day at most, so I gotta do SOMETHING with the other 23 hours! Hope nobody really minds, as long as I post good reports when I got something to report. I would find WSG a little boring if we all actually just limited to factual reports. I certainly don't mind reading a litttle sociology, abnormal psychology, etc., here, in moderation, as long as I can drill down and find the good stuff when I need it.

The guy who really has a lot of patience is Jackson! I have met Jackson, what a great guy! I would't run this board for 100k a year (well, maybe....) and he does it for free! I am just afraid he is gonna get tired of the BS some day and pull the plug unless he has an incentive to continue.

Terry Terrier
07-07-04, 03:57
Jackson,

I joined this forum to exchange on-topic information.

Recently, I have allowed myself to be drawn into the politics going down in the Thailand section, adding to your workload of having to moderate those mostly off-topic posts.

Thank you for your reasoned reply to my last post in the Samus Aran thread.

In the future, I will stick to posting help and information.

Regards,

Terry Terrier

Chuponalgas
07-07-04, 18:50
How about a chat function?????

Lover Boy
07-11-04, 00:24
Jackson,

Can this be changed to 30 seconds maybe! Its really annoying when you trying to respond to multiple people & this keeps popping up.

"Sorry! You cannot send that message at the moment because the administrator has specified that you may only send one message every 60 seconds."

Loverboy

The limitation is necessary as a deterrent to SERIAL SPAMMERS who have and will try again to use the PM system to spread their commercial messages.

Thanks,

Jackson

Jack Spratt
07-13-04, 01:36
Jackson

The Thailand board, which used to be interesting and informative, is now bogging down in the crassness and stupidity of the repetitive posts between The Traveller and his serial stalkers.

We had to endure it for a couple of months in the Traveller v Skinless area, then when it seemed to have died a welcome death, the whole saga reared its head again in Samus's section. Now we have endure this bullshit infecting the Photo section.

I am not sure I have the solution, but I am sure something needs to be done, or you risk losing a lot of (responsible) members.

The Traveller seems incapable of ignoring the intimidators, despite saying he will do so. He also appears to have a very limited understanding of what is going to constitute an excuse for the bully boys to heat things up again.

Perhaps you should drop him back to regular membership, and monitor him for a while.

As for the others, regardless of their number of posts and membership level, give them a single warning, then downgrade their membership, and if they offend again (on this subject), ban them.

We can then get back to sanity in Thailand.

JMPOV

jack

Atlanta Monger
07-13-04, 02:08
Amen.