PDA

View Full Version : Beed receiving a warning about USAsexguide

Thor369
05-15-24, 06:04
My apologies if this is the wrong place to post, but for the last few days I've been reaching a flash of red when between loading pages on here. For a brief second the message " deceptive site' appeared.

I have noticed in the bar next to the url is the message "not secure. ".

Looks like I'm taking a break on here for a while to play it safe.

SalamanderFour
05-15-24, 06:44
My apologies if this is the wrong place to post, but for the last few days I've been reaching a flash of red when between loading pages on here. For a brief second the message " deceptive site' appeared.

I have noticed in the bar next to the url is the message "not secure. ".

Looks like I'm taking a break on here for a while to play it safe.

What internet browser are you using?
Firefox flashed the big warning that the website was unsecured, and that login info could be compromised.
Brave and Chromium (a linux version of Chrome) were more laid back, merely posting the "not secure" message in the address line.

Yes, your login info could be discovered. I am not worried, everyone can already see my posting history, and I am not giving C Card or other sensitive info on the site.
But people have different tolerances for privacy.

GoBluth
05-22-24, 07:37
Any way to get around this? I don't care about log in info either but what it's been doing to me the last few days is sending me back to the previous page. So say I'm on the Boston page and click on any of the threads I get the flash of red then it kicks me back to Boston, so it might take several minutes and dozens of clicks to somehow get past it. Is there a setting one can adjust to stop it? I am using safari.

Lips1963
05-22-24, 09:43
Any way to get around this? I don't care about log in info either but what it's been doing to me the last few days is sending me back to the previous page. So say I'm on the Boston page and click on any of the threads I get the flash of red then it kicks me back to Boston, so it might take several minutes and dozens of clicks to somehow get past it. Is there a setting one can adjust to stop it? I am using safari.I'm not very computer savay, so I don't know how to stop it. But I found by trial and error that after it jumps back to the previous page, I can just click on the forward button that advances the page ( > on iphone), and it goes back to the page originally clicked on and is stable. Its a simple and effective solution that makes viewing the site possible. I've noticed it only happens on the iphone, not the computer. When I googled the problem, its apparently some red flag that google sets up. This whole site, though, has always been http and not https, so its already not secure, according to my limited understanding of this. Hope this helps.