PDA

View Full Version : Cash only lodgings?

JayTem
04-09-24, 12:50
Anyone know of any reliable cash-only, no credit card lodgings available, particularly in the Fall River / Seekonk area? I have no problems paying for a room and I'm not looking for anything more than a bed and lack of utter filth. But with my current financial apps I don't want even a $0. 00 deposit showing up for my wife to discover. .

And no, I can't get a credit card she doesn't see, due to loan applications and credit checks.

Sounds
04-09-24, 14:33
Anyone know of any reliable cash-only, no credit card lodgings available, particularly in the Fall River / Seekonk area? I have no problems paying for a room and I'm not looking for anything more than a bed and lack of utter filth. But with my current financial apps I don't want even a $0. 00 deposit showing up for my wife to discover. .

And no, I can't get a credit card she doesn't see, due to loan applications and credit checks.Use cash to get one of those prepaid credit cards?

Ho Hunter 328
04-09-24, 23:25
Use cash to get one of those prepaid credit cards?You could do that, but it would need to have $200-$500 more than the amount of the room to cover the hold they put on the card for incidentals / damages. The exact amount of the hold varies depending on the hotel. That's the main reason hotels switched to requiring credit cards, especially where 99% of them are non-smoking these days.

Stay safe, and happy hunting.