PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience vacationing in the Dominican Republic?

Enigma81
02-02-24, 23:14
I am planning a trip to Sosua in June. Curious if my fellow local mongers have any experience in the DR, specifically Sosua. So far the place seems like a mongers paradise. I welcome any recommendations, tips or general advice.

Corrado58
02-03-24, 10:01
I am planning a trip to Sosua in June. Curious if my fellow local mongers have any experience in the DR, specifically Sosua. So far the place seems like a mongers paradise. I welcome any recommendations, tips or general advice.I have been, Enigma, many yrs ago. I can't imagine a place where girls are soliciting around every corner. It may be too much at first, but you will adjust. They're not all centerfolds, and it would help if you liked the latin look. I can't advise re pricing, but you'll get the lay of the land soon enough. Are you staying at a resort? They will tell you never roam far from it. But I had no probs. I spoke the lingo. But being a poor country I did get ripped off, so be aware. They aren't a violent people, though.

Enigma81
02-03-24, 22:19
I have been, Enigma, many yrs ago. I can't imagine a place where girls are soliciting around every corner. It may be too much at first, but you will adjust. They're not all centerfolds, and it would help if you liked the latin look. I can't advise re pricing, but you'll get the lay of the land soon enough. Are you staying at a resort? They will tell you never roam far from it. But I had no probs. I spoke the lingo. But being a poor country I did get ripped off, so be aware. They aren't a violent people, though.I've been reading a lot of reviews and general posts about the area. Right now I'm looking to go in June and likely stay at an Airbnb that seems to be in the New Garden Hotel, which is infamous for being one of the most guest friendly hotels in the area. All inclusive doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather get out of the resort and mingle with the locals. I've been watching a few videos of people walking the strip at night and, yeah not all the girls are 10's but holy shit there are some sexy ladies with ridiculous bodies just throwing themselves at ever white guy they see.