PDA

View Full Version : BI Reunion

RiskA
11-09-21, 14:22
I'm setting up this thread so BonedIn members can reconvene if / when that website goes down from glitches or lapse of a host, due to the apparent lack of management involvement in maintaining functionality.

So if / when that happens, this thread can serve as a place for former BI members to reconvene, with news or proposals for going forward (such as using this website instead).

Mods: if this is an unacceptable posting, please remove it & I apologize.

GreenB909
11-28-21, 23:04
[Deleted by Admin]

Because that gets you banned here

A2

SoulBurn74
12-08-21, 07:42
Found this from that other spot, regarding 'bunker' status. PlayfulSteve from over there. As stated in that thread, I'm willing to contribute funds, time or assistance as needed (server engineer by trade).

RiskA
01-04-22, 14:52
So today (1/4/21) I couldn't sign on, with an error message "exceeded authorized users per hour" or something like that.

Any news? The end, or just a temporary issue?

StrawHat888
01-04-22, 22:58
So today (1/4/21) I couldn't sign on, with an error message "exceeded authorized users per hour" or something like that.

Any news? The end, or just a temporary issue?The end quickly and unexpectedly.

Lamc1602
01-05-22, 06:06

Any news? The end, or just a temporary issue?Yea same here.

We've been working on a new site but rather slowly. It seemed like the admins in the community started taking down all posts related to BI. I sent you the BI data to your email sometime ago.

CaseyX
01-05-22, 16:32
Yea same here.

We've been working on a new site but rather slowly. It seemed like the admins in the community started taking down all posts related to BI. I sent you the BI data to your email sometime ago.This has been happening intermittently since the weekend. Sometimes I can get in, sometimes I can't. Previously I was getting a white screen with the error. Now I'm getting what looks that the login screen with the error superimposed on it.

My guess is that someone is working on the site and that this is part of it. If the site were ending it would just go offline. I can easily see that an admit wouldn't want people logging in a posting things while they are making changes. Obviously time will tell.

RiskA
01-05-22, 17:22
Yea same here.

We've been working on a new site but rather slowly. It seemed like the admins in the community started taking down all posts related to BI. I sent you the BI data to your email sometime ago.Thanks. Haven't checked that email lately but I will. As I said, I have zero tech knowledge so I don't really know what to do with the data besides forward it to someone who does.

I took down a couple of my own posts on the topic, as they got polluted & since I don't want to educate some of the dumber members who don't contribute anything worthwhile.

So we'll see what happens now!

The Camel
01-05-22, 17:52
The end quickly and unexpectedly.If the site is finished it is not unexpected in the least. It's been anticipated for awhile and precisely within this time frame. Personally I hope it is finished even though it was a great resource for many years, but has dug itself deeply into hell more recently. However, unless you know something, I don't think the lockout occurring today means it won't be back later or tomorrow, at least for another week or two. I also would not be surprised at all if the owner awakes from a long slumber and decides to keep it going.

Kahunas007
01-06-22, 15:30
If the site is finished it is not unexpected in the least. It's been anticipated for awhile and precisely within this time frame. Personally I hope it is finished even though it was a great resource for many years, but has dug itself deeply into hell more recently. However, unless you know something, I don't think the lockout occurring today means it won't be back later or tomorrow, at least for another week or two. I also would not be surprised at all if the owner awakes from a long slumber and decides to keep it going.Unless he comes back from among the dead. LOL.

Lamc1602
01-06-22, 17:24
Thanks. Haven't checked that email lately but I will. As I said, I have zero tech knowledge so I don't really know what to do with the data besides forward it to someone who does.

I took down a couple of my own posts on the topic, as they got polluted & since I don't want to educate some of the dumber members who don't contribute anything worthwhile.

So we'll see what happens now!No worries! I just sent you another one with pictures from the dev progress on the new site we started building.

Even if BI comes back I think the lack involvement of Domo will continue degrading the site. I think the community needs a new site with a group of more active admins with more control over the actual app (like domo had). This would help make the site less political, and more about what it was truly meant for (SC intel). That way it will attract more active users, more reviews, and better intel for everyone.

CaseyX
01-07-22, 00:53
Just checked the registration info for bonedin.com and saw the following:

Domain Name: BONEDIN.COM.

Updated Date: 2022-01-06 T01:22:13 Z.

Registry Expiry Date: 2023-01-21 T23:11:01 Z.

So it looks like Domo has paid for another year. The update is exactly one year since the last update so I suppose it could be an auto-pay. But I still think it likely that the site isn't dead yet and that they're working on it right now. As always, we'll have to wait and see.

RiskA
01-07-22, 17:47
Thanks for the updates; yeah, we'll have to wait & see.

Personally, I doubt it would come back in the same format; my guess is he'll try some form of monetization. But I also thought that when it went down last February, and all Domo did then was patch it back together with minimal effort, expense & effectiveness. I'm sure the traffic & marketability stats went way down over the last year, so hardly a time to draw outside investors; but maybe he has other resources.

Domo was a strong "free speech" advocate, and I doubt that'll change. So more CA & SCobb posts. Yay (sarcasm font). But I'd bet a strong moderator with delete powers could keep things under control sufficiently, if Domo would mandate staying "on topic" and lets the moderator aggressively trim away the off-topic bullshit & trolling. Whatever one thinks of "California" & his opinions, his aggressive moderation style as Johnny Patrol produced a far better product. XBiker may have pissed off less people, but the product went to shit. As I've said many times, it's the Wild West on these anonymous monger sites, and without a sheriff willing & able to shoot down miscreants, you get nothing but anarchy & a town nobody sane wants to live in. Idiots can't be allowed to run the asylum.

For example, this site does a good job of moderation, deleting & editing posts, giving penalty points, etc. I know the one time I got a post deleted for "unnecessary drama," I dialed it back & was more careful thereafter. That's all 80% of members need. A little guidance on self-restraint. The other 20% who are unwilling or unable to figure out how to be in a community should get their posts. And then their asses. Deleted. It ain't rocket science.

Anyway, please post if / when there's any news on being able to sign on again.

Addict BI
01-07-22, 21:29
I'm glad I saved your instructions on how to get here, RiskA. I waited to see if BI error would reset, but no such luck as of yet. Anyway, we'll give it a few and if it doesn't come back I'm ready to do work to get BI 2. 0 up and running.

Addict.

SoulBurn74
01-09-22, 13:22
But still a shame to see it down. Hopefully something rises from the ashes to take its place. I definitely agree on heavy moderation to keep things on topic! It reads like some of you already have things in the works as a possible replacement! If I can be of any assistance, please let me know. (my forte is more server instance related, and not app related (Baremetal, Virtual and Cloud), but I will do what I can if asked. I'm definitely wanting to assist in any capacity needed.

Soulburn / Playfulsteve.

Ferd Berfel
01-09-22, 22:29
The problem with open free speech on an internet forum is that there's always at least one person who stifles it by being nasty and loud and in so doing, makes people want to not participate. The last year or so, I had a lot to say about what covid was doing to the strip club industry. I'm in touch with a lot of dancers who have had it rough and who told me things I thought I might share on Boned In. The trouble was I'd log in and see the latest tirades by you-know-who and I'd think, "Why wade into that cesspool?" Maybe that's a failing on my part but I was a lot less inclined to log in at all, let alone post. And I was a pretty good contributor with over 200 reviews.

I've stopped going to strip clubs at all. The last time I was at Bare Elegance, a dancer brought up the subject of Boned In and another dancer asked her what that was. The first one said it was a website rampant with anti-semitism and Nazi shit. I wonder how she got that idea.

I would love to see a new site where that kind of stuff is not tolerated. I'm all for the First Amendment but it applies to the government, not to a privately-run forum.

I have no capabilities to run or program such a forum but like a lot of guys, I'm willing to contribute money and messages. When Boned In was functioning as originally intended, it furnished me with a lot of information that enhanced my strip club visits. One review alone helped me connect with a favorite lady who had left one club and surfaced at another under another name. I also think it made strip clubs better because dancers knew that misbehavior would cost them customers. There was one dancer I got friendly with who asked me why she wasn't selling more dances at the club. I told her it was because she was dancing under the name of a former dancer at the same club who'd received a lot of negative reviews on Boned In. She changed her dancer name and she instantly got a lot more sales.

RiskA
01-10-22, 14:15
I've stopped going to strip clubs at all. The last time I was at Bare Elegance, a dancer brought up the subject of Boned In and another dancer asked her what that was. The first one said it was a website rampant with anti-semitism and Nazi shit….First, IMO the views of people who "aren't going to strip clubs" shouldn't get bandwidth on a strip club website. The "No Leeches" rule needs to be the First Commandment. And that means current reviews, not blog posts pontificating "wisdom" derived from the Good Old Days or the fact that one knows / talks to strippers. Pro tip: a stripper will talk to or befriend anyone who pays them enough, with rare exception.

Second, IMO the opinions of strippers about a strip club website are even more irrelevant. It's a place where their looks & performance are reviewed & frequently criticized, for God's sake. And where their actions & pricing are openly commented upon. A place their self-image and delusions must come face-to-face with objective reality. So it's going to be pretty hard to keep them happy. It is far more important that contributors feel free to give their real opinions re: dancers, than worrying about "giving offense" like on some kiss-ass forum like S. Web. Certainly, strippers should be allowed to post, & to give their opinions & rebut false statements about them; but site moderation should only delete specifically-directed trolling of dancers, as opposed to "negative" comments. What strippers "feel" about the opinions of customers, who they already think of as "pathetic losers" to a large degree, really doesn't matter; it's a website for mongers, & that mission statement should not be diluted.

Most important is to generate useful intel (reviews & RC), to stay on topic, and to rein in trolls. Good info will overcome diverse opinions as to the merits of views.

Ferd Berfel
01-10-22, 18:36
First, IMO the views of people who "aren't going to strip clubs" shouldn't get bandwidth on a strip club website. The "No Leeches" rule needs to be the First Commandment. And that means current reviews, not blog posts pontificating "wisdom" derived from the Good Old Days or the fact that one knows / talks to strippers. Pro tip: a stripper will talk to or befriend anyone who pays them enough, with rare exception.

Second, IMO the opinions of strippers about a strip club website are even more irrelevant.First off, I'm not going to strip clubs now. A lot of people aren't. When covid isn't as much of an issue, most of us will be back. My reviews of Boned In were more recent and plentiful than most members.

Secondly, I think what strippers think of a website does matter. You say, "Certainly, strippers should be allowed to post, & to give their opinions & rebut false statements about them" so you'd like them to participate, post photos and their schedules, correct misinformation, etc. I'd like them to recognize that a bad review online may have a detrimental effect on their earning. The exchange of information benefits all of us. A lot of the lineups I posted on BI came from dancers texting them to me because they wanted to see more BI members coming in.

You have a more cynical attitude about dancers than I have and I'm not saying you're totally wrong. The ladies are there, first and foremost to make money and any other reasons are a distant second. I have just found it's possible to have good relationships, not necessarily based wholly on money, with some dancers. They offer a service. We pay for it or we don't. I like to understand more about certain dancers and what, apart from cash, prompts them to be friendlier to some customers than others or even to be in the stripping profession at all.

RiskA
01-11-22, 00:20
Yeah, that's exactly the sort of pedantic "argument" posting (actually just insistent repetition of previously-stated points that drew opposition) that filled BI. No need to repeat yourself, it's not that your points weren't clear. It becomes about having the last word, inviting the back & forth that turns into the schoolyard fight. I favor moderation that cuts it off quickly, without inciting "unnecessary drama" (as this website terms it). And being moderator of this thread, from here on I'll be doing that here. .

So let's keep this thread focused on: 1) news re BI's current status, and 2) the use or development of websites to replace BI (if & when it no longer exists). How such replacement websites will be run are matters for the people bearing the burdens of creating and running such websites to decide, and they can seek opinions from the crowd as they deem appropriate. This thread is for news, not arguments.

GeezerX
01-12-22, 16:28
I just went to BI. The site is reporting the following:

"We're Back!

For the most part.

RTRCs, reviews, comments and the main blogs are working.

New sign ups are on hold for now.

If you find a bug, please leave a trip report at Quixote's Windmill.

Quixote (your new webmaster)".

However, when I try to log in, I get the message everyone else is reporting: "Connect failed: User 'n114111 h_bonedin' has exceeded the 'max_connections_per_hour' resource (current value: 1)".

I don't know if Quixote is taking over for Domo or what, but I figured I would report it here.

Rickers
01-12-22, 17:50
Yeah, that's exactly the sort of pedantic "argument" posting (actually just insistent repetition of previously-stated points that drew opposition) that filled BI. No need to repeat yourself, it's not that your points weren't clear. It becomes about having the last word, inviting the back & forth that turns into the schoolyard fight. I favor moderation that cuts it off quickly, without inciting "unnecessary drama" (as this website terms it). And being moderator of this thread, from here on I'll be doing that here. .

So let's keep this thread focused on: 1) news re BI's current status, and 2) the use or development of websites to replace BI (if & when it no longer exists). How such replacement websites will be run are matters for the people bearing the burdens of creating and running such websites to decide, and they can seek opinions from the crowd as they deem appropriate. This thread is for news, not arguments.I completely agree and think that you nailed it. This is supposed to be beneficial strip club information and anything else doesn't belong here. At one time I thought the ultimate strip club list might replace bi but just not that many people contributing useful information on the site.

RiskA
01-12-22, 23:59

"We're Back! … Quixote (your new webmaster)".

However, when I try to log in, I get the message everyone else is reporting: "Connect failed: User 'n114111 h_bonedin' has exceeded the 'max_connections_per_hour' resource (current value: 1)".

I don't know if Quixote is taking over for Domo or what, but I figured I would report it here.That text has been there for the last year, following & relating to the Feb 2020 shutdown. It has nothing to do with the current shutdown. But thanks for your report.

For our tech-savvy participants: do the facts that the opening page & log-in page still appear, and that the error message only appears after attempted login, support or discredit the speculation that the site is being worked on? I'd think it wouldn't load at all if under repair, but I'm just guessing.

XBiker
01-13-22, 01:14

"We're Back!

For the most part.

RTRCs, reviews, comments and the main blogs are working.

New sign ups are on hold for now.

If you find a bug, please leave a trip report at Quixote's Windmill.

Quixote (your new webmaster)".

I don't know if Quixote is taking over for Domo or what, but I figured I would report it here.Someone with access took the site down. Based on the errors, it looks like they made it so only one page could be downloaded every hour. You must have hit that top of the hour reset and got to login page.

CaseyX
01-13-22, 03:06

"We're Back!

I don't know if Quixote is taking over for Domo or what, but I figured I would report it here.Yeah, I've been seeing that same behaviour for a week now. The "we're back" message on the log in screen is the one that's been there for two years now (since the last time the site went down). The max connections error is new.

GeezerX
01-13-22, 19:06
Ah, sorry. I literally haven't checked BI since the first shutdown, as I haven't been to a club, have no intention of going to a club anytime soon, and last I checked, there was nothing interested being posted. I look forward to when the pandemic is over, and I have something to actually report.

That text has been there for the last year, following & relating to the Feb 2020 shutdown. It has nothing to do with the current shutdown. But thanks for your report.

For our tech-savvy participants: do the facts that the opening page & log-in page still appear, and that the error message only appears after attempted login, support or discredit the speculation that the site is being worked on? I'd think it wouldn't load at all if under repair, but I'm just guessing.

XBiker
01-14-22, 00:36
That text has been there for the last year, following & relating to the Feb 2020 shutdown. It has nothing to do with the current shutdown. But thanks for your report.

For our tech-savvy participants: do the facts that the opening page & log-in page still appear, and that the error message only appears after attempted login, support or discredit the speculation that the site is being worked on? I'd think it wouldn't load at all if under repair, but I'm just guessing.It does neither, each page on a website is render and served individually. You can work on one page of the site without affect any of the other pages. Also, it would be very unusual for a web designer to work on the live site. Most designers would work on development copy on a local server. Only after the new site has been tested and debugged would it be uploaded onto the production server.

What is happening with BI is very odd. Someone made a change to the settings to more or less prevent people from accessing the site. I've never heard of someone just erroring out a site. Normally, designers would replace the home page with one that informs the users what is going on with the site. But given how the 2020 shutdown went down, we really can draw a conclusion with these errors.

Billj1034
01-15-22, 07:51
It does neither, each page on a website is render and served individually. You can work on one page of the site without affect any of the other pages. Also, it would be very unusual for a web designer to work on the live site. Most designers would work on development copy on a local server. Only after the new site has been tested and debugged would it be uploaded onto the production server.

What is happening with BI is very odd. Someone made a change to the settings to more or less prevent people from accessing the site. I've never heard of someone just erroring out a site. Normally, designers would replace the home page with one that informs the users what is going on with the site. But given how the 2020 shutdown went down, we really can draw a conclusion with these errors.It's possible that people scraping the site for posterity accidentally triggered some denial of service protections or exceeded some configured number of queries / traffic on the hosting site and it got sent for a long timeout until someone manually clears the violation or pays for a higher service tier.

Oddly enough I ran across an old admin page for adding roll calls, dancers, and clubs that is still accessible (and appears to save info).

XBiker
01-15-22, 19:40
It's possible that people scraping the site for posterity accidentally triggered some denial of service protections or exceeded some configured number of queries / traffic on the hosting site and it got sent for a long timeout until someone manually clears the violation or pays for a higher service tier. .Like you, I first thought a crawler / scrapper might have caused this. But after looking closer at the error and speaking with someone is who more familiar with Linux, I was wrong. This limit has nothing to do with the web server. This is a MySQL error. It's a database error. It's highly unlike that the hosting company would mess with this setting. I've been told that Apache would only require about 20 to 30 connections, that is way under default 150. There is no legit reason to set max connection per hour to 1.

Oddly enough I ran across an old admin page for adding roll calls, dancers, and clubs that is still accessible (and appears to save info).Given that we know this is a database related error. Pages that do not require access to the database would render without any problems. That might be the reason you have access to an old admin page, or web browser is loading it from a local cache.

SoulBurn74
01-17-22, 19:27
Like you, I first thought a crawler / scrapper might have caused this. But after looking closer at the error and speaking with someone is who more familiar with Linux, I was wrong. This limit has nothing to do with the web server. This is a MySQL error. It's a database error. It's highly unlike that the hosting company would mess with this setting. I've been told that Apache would only require about 20 to 30 connections, that is way under default 150. There is no legit reason to set max connection per hour to 1.

Given that we know this is a database related error. Pages that do not require access to the database would render without any problems. That might be the reason you have access to an old admin page, or web browser is loading it from a local cache.More than likely one of two things: The admin made this change to effectively lock out the database while they work on the site. The database licensing has expired if this database software is a paid for / licensed product and this is the outcome of the database reverting back to unlicensed state.

XBiker
01-18-22, 02:52
More than likely one of two things: The admin made this change to effectively lock out the database while they work on the site. Yes, it possible that they are working on the site. This would seem like an odd way to do it. Why work on the live site? Working on a local copy is easier and faster. If they are developing on the live site, why not just change the home page to an under-construction page? Let us know what going on.

The database licensing has expired if this database software is a paid for / licensed product and this is the outcome of the database reverting back to unlicensed state.MySQL is open source software and is free, with the expectation of enterprise version. Most ISPs uses the free MySQL community edition or MariaDB (a fork created by the original developer after Oracle obtained right to MySQL with the acquisition of Sun Microsystems).

CaseyX
01-25-22, 21:32
Anyone remember how long BI was down in late 2019/ early 2020, the last time things blew up? Sitting here idling speculating about how long one might expect things to be in this broken state if someone was working on the back end and trying to use previous data as a reference. Obviously if someone could actually get in touch with Domo it would be better!

MrCobbyAbish
01-26-22, 17:47
Where's RiskA. And why did get the boot? Asking for a friend.

Cobb. Sebastian Cobb.

XBiker
01-31-22, 00:45
Where's RiskA. And why did get the boot? Asking for a friend.

Cobb. Sebastian Cobb.Booted from where? He should still be on here. He's mod for this thread, and this site requires a mod to approve all posts. Given that that your post has been made public, that would mean he's still on here.

CaseyX
01-31-22, 13:28
Booted from where? He should still be on here. He's mod for this thread, and this site requires a mod to approve all posts. Given that that your post has been made public, that would mean he's still on here.Check the note under his name on his posts. Where you and I have "Regular Member" he has "Banned Member". As I understand it these notes can only be set by the mods, so maybe he got a suspension for something? Who knows. Regardless, someone approved these posts (unless they're automatically approved after a certain time).

The Camel
01-31-22, 17:03
Anyone remember how long BI was down in late 2019/ early 2020, the last time things blew up? Sitting here idling speculating about how long one might expect things to be in this broken state if someone was working on the back end and trying to use previous data as a reference. Obviously if someone could actually get in touch with Domo it would be better!It was down a very long time. At least as long as the current blackout and like this time, not a word of explanation or status to the members. Domo really needs to walk away from this. Either shut it down or put it in the hands of someone who cares. It's been years since he's given a damn about BI.

MrCobbyAbish
01-31-22, 17:14
[Deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was redacted or deleted to remove sections of the report that were largely argumentative. Please read the Forum FAQ and the Forum's Posting Guidelines for more information. Thank You!

XBiker
02-01-22, 00:42
Check the note under his name on his posts. Where you and I have "Regular Member" he has "Banned Member". As I understand it these notes can only be set by the mods, so maybe he got a suspension for something? Who knows. Regardless, someone approved these posts (unless they're automatically approved after a certain time).I'm a relative a newbie here. I spoke with someone who is more familiar with this site. I was wrong. Thread mods don't approve messages. They basically only have the ability to delete post after they appear. All I know is that RiskA got banned for unspecified reasons and can no longer participate in or moderate the thread, which is a decision the site moderators are entitled to make. I've also been informed that there are rules against discussions of ban members, so I suggest we end this discussion here and now.

CaseyX
02-01-22, 13:53
It was down a very long time. At least as long as the current blackout and like this time, not a word of explanation or status to the members. Domo really needs to walk away from this. Either shut it down or put it in the hands of someone who cares. It's been years since he's given a damn about BI.Thanks, couldn't remember. I was about to say that after a month of being down like this the site is definitely dead, but maybe not. That said, I agree with you. He needs to either start caring or walk away. Maybe he's already walked away.

I'd make a comment about how people should post something here about recent club experiences, either here or on the main CoI thread. But then, I don't have anything to report (haven't been able to get to a SoCal club in ages) so it would be pretty hypocritical.

TrapDoor
03-17-22, 00:24
Awfully quiet here. Did the new site ever get launched? BI is still down.

XBiker
03-21-22, 14:33
Awfully quiet here. Did the new site ever get launched? BI is still down.No replacement yet. I hope I'm wrong but I think BI is done for.

XBiker
03-25-22, 16:55
FYI, I accidently hit my shortcut to BI. Found myself at the log in screen. So, I though what the hell, let see if I can login in. Unfortunately, I couldn't but I did get a new error: Connect failed: Access denied for user 'n114111 h_bonedin' at 'localhost' to database 'n114111 h_bonedin'.

I don't know what his mean, but I thought I should report it.

Boboloo
03-26-22, 17:12
FYI, I accidently hit my shortcut to BI. Found myself at the log in screen. So, I though what the hell, let see if I can login in. Unfortunately, I couldn't but I did get a new error: Connect failed: Access denied for user 'n114111 h_bonedin' at 'localhost' to database 'n114111 h_bonedin'.

I don't know what his mean, but I thought I should report it.I just saw the same thing.

CaseyX
03-26-22, 19:30
I just saw the same thing.It's been showing that for weeks now (I check out of boredom from time to time). Originally I hoped the change might mean that something was happening behind the scenes. But then, it's been weeks and weeks.

SoulBurn74
03-29-22, 00:15

I don't know what his mean, but I thought I should report it.A bit of digging to hopefully find an admin email address tied to the domain name registrant.

Found the wildcard cert's domain name, and went to the root of that domain, but only took me to a 'template' based link to the webhosting company the websites owner is using for this site and ssl cert.

Was worth a try at least.

MrCobbyAbish
04-05-22, 15:07
I just found out that "Ashley" from Paradise and Bliss has passed away. I don't believe that she had worked post covid, in fact I believe she retired after the clubs were forced to shut down. Nonetheless she was a BI favorite. Just thought I'd pass along the unfortunate news. May she RIP.

SelectaH87
04-05-22, 18:54
I just found out that "Ashley" from Paradise and Bliss has passed away. I don't believe that she had worked post covid, in fact I believe she retired after the clubs were forced to shut down. Nonetheless she was a BI favorite. Just thought I'd pass along the unfortunate news. May she RIP.I hope this is not true. She just had a baby during Covid and had two other kids. She was actually a really cool person and pretty damn good personal trainer.

Lowk1
04-05-22, 20:20
Sadly it's true.

Rot9020
04-05-22, 21:49
Sadly it's true.Very sad, RIP.

DodgerK
04-06-22, 01:19
Sadly it's true.I just got the word tonight, very sad indeed. She was a wonderful woman and a nice smile that I will never forget.

XBiker
04-06-22, 18:16
I just found out that "Ashley" from Paradise and Bliss has passed away.She was a wonderful person. Rest in Peace, Ashley.

I don't believe that she had worked post covid, in fact I believe she retired after the clubs were forced to shut down.She didn't work post COVID. She retired from dancing when the clubs closed, and started working full time as personal trainer.

Kahunas007
04-14-22, 17:50
I just found out that "Ashley" from Paradise and Bliss has passed away. I don't believe that she had worked post covid, in fact I believe she retired after the clubs were forced to shut down. Nonetheless she was a BI favorite. Just thought I'd pass along the unfortunate news. May she RIP.Does anyone know what happened?

Roland2418
04-16-22, 21:56
Glad to have stumbled on this forum. I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned that the current broken state of BI is likely the result of a hack attack. Just neglecting a site, as it was by its owners for a long time, would not cause the connection errors it currently has. Someone likely hacked the administrative panel login and set it to reject multiple connections. The domain and hosting are still active. Wonder if it was a club or a dancer that put the hit out. Some member with full access should have scraped the site and dumped as an offline file somewhere. Too bad.

CaseyX
04-17-22, 14:02
Glad to have stumbled on this forum. I'm surprised that no one here has mentioned that the current broken state of BI is likely the result of a hack attack. Just neglecting a site, as it was by its owners for a long time, would not cause the connection errors it currently has. Someone likely hacked the administrative panel login and set it to reject multiple connections. The domain and hosting are still active. Wonder if it was a club or a dancer that put the hit out. Some member with full access should have scraped the site and dumped as an offline file somewhere. Too bad.That had crossed my mind. Very possible. The site did get hacked a couple years before, right?

OTOH, there was lots of talk on BI blog at the end of last year about the site dying (lots of people thought the IP wouldn't be renewed) and how someone should do just what you are suggesting. I can imagine that Domo could have shut down access in order to prevent someone from scraping. Would make sense to avoid having a competitor site pop up using BI data.

Three months is an awful long time to fix a website, whether after a hack or to do a rebuild for other reasons. Or it would be if there were any financial incentive to do it.

The Camel
04-18-22, 15:45
She was a wonderful person. Rest in Peace, Ashley.

She didn't work post COVID. She retired from dancing when the clubs closed, and started working full time as personal trainer.So tragic. I never met her but she came across as a sincerely lovely person in her BI posts. I couldn't place her until XBiker posted that she had become a personal trainer. Sadly I don't have the faintest memory of what she looked like even though she posted a large number of pics. Was she the dancer who was overweight when she first came to BI, then got into phenomenal shape and was driven by that success to become a personal trainer?

CaseyX
04-18-22, 20:48
So tragic. I never met her but she came across as a sincerely lovely person in her BI posts. I couldn't place her until XBiker posted that she had become a personal trainer. Sadly I don't have the faintest memory of what she looked like even though she posted a large number of pics. Was she the dancer who was overweight when she first came to BI, then got into phenomenal shape and was driven by that success to become a personal trainer?Yep, that's her. I only met her once a month or two before the shutdown. I remember having a wonderful long conversation with her on the floor before we finally got a room. She seemed like a lovely person. Definitely tragic.

PelicanT99
04-22-22, 21:18
Checked today; same old sign in then error message.

I believe at least one user scraped the data; don't know what they're doing, maybe studying Lopaw's 600 reviews haha.

I thought BI went to shit when they stopped conditioning participation on contribution of reviews. I wanted info from guys actually in the trenches, not opinions from blowhard keyboard warriors. Then it went off-topic to politics, racism, blah blah blah. I stopped reading the blog entirely. Now there's just (as far as I know) 1) TUSCL (where they discourage any real intel in reviews as "too explicit" and trolls rule), and 2) here. Maybe the good BI contributors will start up with reviews here: I see a couple guys listing GPS names & some rates in the COI strip club thread so good for them.

XBiker
05-01-22, 02:59
Checked today; same old sign in then error message.

I believe at least one user scraped the data; don't know what they're doing, maybe studying Lopaw's 600 reviews haha.Yes, a user did scrape the data, but only the GR section. He was looking to build BI 2. 0, if Domo let the domain expire. Don't what the status off that project is.

I thought BI went to shit when they stopped conditioning participation on contribution of reviews. I wanted info from guys actually in the trenches, not opinions from blowhard keyboard warriors. Then it went off-topic to politics, racism, blah blah blah. I stopped reading the blog entirely. Now there's just (as far as I know) 1) TUSCL (where they discourage any real intel in reviews as "too explicit" and trolls rule), and 2) here. Maybe the good BI contributors will start up with reviews here: I see a couple guys listing GPS names & some rates in the COI strip club thread so good for them.Domo had plans to move BI to pay subscription model. So, he put a moratorium dumping leeches. He felt they would make good paying members.

As for all the off-topic shits. Lot of people came down hard on CA for his racist comments. Domo step in and said that he was allow to say what ever he wanted under free speech. CA took that as a free pass to troll and he made the best of it. Moderating that mess with one hand tied behind my back was a PITA. It didn't help that Domo went radio silent just after I agree to take over JJ.

WazzutBone
05-17-22, 23:26
Damn. Good seeing some familiar names. But definitely miss the site.

PelicanT99
03-02-23, 15:16
Just checked the registration info for bonedin.com and saw the following:

Domain Name: BONEDIN.COM.

Updated Date: 2022-01-06 T01:22:13 Z.

Registry Expiry Date: 2023-01-21 T23:11:01 Z.

So it looks like Domo has paid for another year. The update is exactly one year since the last update so I suppose it could be an auto-pay. But I still think it likely that the site isn't dead yet and that they're working on it right now. As always, we'll have to wait and see.Anybody check if this was re-upped for 2023?

I miss the searchable dancer review feature, it was sure helpful when in a club & you wanted to consider an investment. Here you can search by name, but you rarely get much besides posts seeking info (rather than providing info) about the name. But you got to go with what's available.

XBiker
03-04-23, 02:03
Anybody check if this was re-upped for 2023?

I miss the searchable dancer review feature, it was sure helpful when in a club & you wanted to consider an investment. Here you can search by name, but you rarely get much besides posts seeking info (rather than providing info) about the name. But you got to go with what's available.Just check the site is still up and disabled. Everything most likely on auto renewal. I wonder if Domo even knows he still paying for the domain and hosting.

I miss the searchable dancer review too. Best feature of the site.