PDA

View Full Version : English

James D 2004
12-09-05, 20:22
The origin

The development of language is a natural thing until the coming of feudal society. The royal courts make use of everything it can to grasp tightly it's powers. Many artificial features creep in languages so that nobles and royalties, the only ones who can afford doing nothing, have the time to immerse in royal court languages for years and years. So nobles stand out amongst peasants whenever they speaks or writes.

That's only an opinion but there are lots of things in languages that are not necessary nor useful, as we shall see later.

Speck
12-09-05, 22:14
The origin

The development of language is a natural thing until the coming of feudal society. The royal courts make use of everything it can to grasp tightly it's powers. Many artificial features creep in languages so that nobles and royalties, the only ones who can afford doing nothing, have the time to immerse in royal court languages for years and years. So nobles stand out amongst peasants whenever they speaks or writes.

That's only an opinion but there are lots of things in languages that are not necessary nor useful, as we shall see later.

The most basic function of language is to allow communication.

You fail to communicate. You fail because no one else can understand what you are trying to communicate. No one else can understand what you are trying to communicate because you do no use English correctly.

PsyberZombie
12-10-05, 10:00
It's Ironic that the first Post in a thread dedicated to "English" is riddled with basic grammer errors ,
but at least its [ NOT " it's " , James ] point is comprehensible =

J·D·04 feels threatened by the use of JARGON = which every profession and specialized skill worker uses in the course of the day

I would just re·peat my Suggestion to you , James =

Have a friend go over your 'work' and check it for Content and Clarity be·fore you Post it

Who knows = you may even be trying to say some·thing worth·while , but because most every·thing you write comes out as gibberish , we'll never really know

Poupli_Kid
12-10-05, 19:05
now you've gone and started a thread on the English language. This is funny, coming from you.

Speck broke it down for you as simple as possible. I will bet anything that your retarded ass still won't get it and will continue to post incoherent "crab"!!!LOL!!!

James D 2004
12-10-05, 23:29
Wow, shock and awe in effect. You guys look shattered, run in all directions and left me with lots of ammunition.

Languages come with things that are totally useless, non-effective, and often become obstacles, and you can judge for yourself using different criteria, one being effective communication. Whether a chair is male and female is one, totally useless. You may laugh at that but English is not a lot better. And there are languages without arguments, tense, and no one claims that these languages are inferior. We have to elaborate on these things later.

Speck, if you don't know what I'm saying, you can always ask. It's certain that you are stupid rather than my butchering of English being the cause. Understand?

Psyber, your jumping to wrong conclusion have nothing to do with English, just intellectually challenged. Your 'articles' always make me laugh. Please try to hide the fact that your work went through a translator, a spell and grammar checker. It's so obvious. It's now a piece of so called 'broken English', highly incomplete fragmented sentences with illegal punctuation and broken words.

Potty kid, if you find it amusing and not offended by it: you are crab!

If you guys want to fight for English, go to any chat room. Try to ban them if you can.

PsyberZombie
12-11-05, 09:41
Languages come with things that are totally useless, non-effective, and often become obstacles, and you can judge for yourself using different criteria, one being effective communication. Whether a chair is male and female is one, totally useless. You may laugh at that but English is not a lot better. And there are languages without arguments, tense, and no one claims that these languages are inferior

Those other languages you describe may not be 'inferior' , but clearly some languages are more expressive than others

German , fer ex , is much more expressive of emotions than English , to the point that English has adopted some German that describes complex emotions with a single word [ like = " Schadenfreude " (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude) , or " Fahrvergnügen " (http://germanenglishwords.com/rlgf.htm) ]

Freud was Austrian , and spoke German ; Vienna is recognized as the World's Center of Psychiatry ; and the Language is probably why Psychiatry doesn't claim , say , Nigeria as its birth·place

BTW , James = I do NOT use a translator or a grammer / spell checker . I DO use a dictionary if I'm not sure how a word is spelled , though ; and may·be it's YOUR use of a translator that causes all your Gibberish

Fer ex , let's put the following Sentences through an on·line translator =

" The most basic function of language is to allow communication. You fail to communicate. You fail because no one else can understand what you are trying to communicate. No one else can understand what you are trying to communicate because you do no use English correctly. "

First , let's translate that in·to Russian ... it comes out =

" Самая основная функция языка должна позволить сообщение. Вы не сумеете связывать. Вы терпите неудачу потому что могут понять вы пытаетесь связывать. могут понять вы пытаетесь связывать потому что вы не делаете никакую английскую язык пользы правильно. "

Translate that back in·to English ,and you get =

" The most basic function of language must allow communication. You will not know how to connect. You suffer failure because they can understand you you attempt to connect they can understand you you attempt to connect because you you make no the English of benefit correctly. "

See how the meaning of the original Passage is LOST by using a Translator ??

So QUIT using one , J·D·04 , for ALL our sakes !!

James D 2004
12-11-05, 17:03
Psyber, if you agree that English is no big deal, you should agree that I don't bother about strict English, I tend to strip down the non-essential features instinctively.

Expressiveness of a language is something I don't think you are qualify to talk about, or I don't think anybody who qualifies for it will want to discuss about it. Rich in vocab is certainly not an advantage. Complex emotions is a good example of why not to use vocab to do it. Being complex, there are lots of slight variations and you have to give one word for each. There's no end to it. If rich in vocab is a good thing, linguist could have started the arm race any time in history to spice up their language.

English is proud of it's primitiveness and minimalism. It has lesser baggage of the European languages. Do you want to sit on a male or female chair? The expressiveness of a language can be judged by how effective complex emotions can be expressed by the words of fundamental emotions, without clumsiness. Shameful joy is always better than inventing or borrowing a word for it.

Modern writing is certainly not about dropping complex words from the dictionary. A minimal language has the advantage of avoiding language students doing just that. It's mix and match of canned emotions and experiences. Jargon is always a negative word, by all means limit to your narrow field of professionals or special interest groups. Try that on your CEO, and see if you have another chance to speak again. All so called experts on TV are there because they can communicate effectively without using jargons.

One major disadvantage of alphabetic languages is their large foot print as compared to iconic languages. There are limited information in 26 alphabets. But a picture worth a thousand words. Take zebra for example. Without a word for it, you have to describe it as a stripped horse. But in an iconic language, the total foot print of something like a stripped horse is still smaller than a typical English word. So iconic languages has a much smaller working vocab, because it doesn't need to have complex words or invent new words all the time.

Speed reading is a main stream subject of English, trying not to read every individual words, but glancing the content of a sentence, a paragraph or a page at a time. Applying it on an iconic language is scary. I can read at least several times faster, could be 10 times. I can read sideways so the eye movements are easier. That's effective communication.

Psyber, I must admit that I'm very much curious about your handicap language aid that you are using, which manage to chop up your words, as if your English isn't broken enough.

Speck
12-11-05, 18:04
Translate that back in·to English ,and you get =

" The most basic function of language must allow communication. You will not know how to connect. You suffer failure because they can understand you you attempt to connect they can understand you you attempt to connect because you you make no the English of benefit correctly. "

See how the meaning of the original Passage is LOST by using a Translator ??

So QUIT using one , J·D·04 , for ALL our sakes !!

Oh damm Psyber, you can be one smart dude. This explains sooooo much.

F*&k, I could not even read JD's reply to this post because s*$t made no sense.

Phat Bastard
12-11-05, 22:54
This is easily the most inane and useless thread on this forum.

Or as James would say.
This is easy the most inane and use less thread of the forum.;)

James D 2004
12-12-05, 12:01
Speck, if you don't know what I'm saying, you can always ask. It's certain that you are stupid rather than my butchering of English being the cause. Understand?

Bye ostrich.

James D 2004
12-12-05, 12:04
This is easily the most inane and useless thread on this forum.

Or as James would say.
This is easy the most inane and use less thread of the forum.;)
Hi Bastard, does your friend ask you to turn up for show of force or show of stupidity? Or show of bastards, Bastard? Oh, I like you handle a lot, Bastard!

Phat Bastard
12-12-05, 15:07
Hi Bastard, does your friend ask you to turn up for show of force or show of stupidity? Or show of bastards, Bastard? Oh, I like you handle a lot, Bastard!

Talk about stupid.
You actually think using the name that I, not you, chose for myself is an insult. You'll have to come up with something original to amuse, insult or interest me enough to keep popping into this thread.

And no, Psyber Zombie hasn't asked me to post in this or any other thread nor does he need my assistance in dealing with you. How is it that you know or assume that we're friends? You've been stalking again haven't you? Didn't those restraining orders teach you anything?;)

But I have to ask; why does someone like you start this thread? You're obviously well spoken and can speak/type English flawlessly when you choose but yet you don't. (An example of this is the use of bastard as a noun and Bastard as a name, which you capitalized when appropriate.) Why is that? It's not because as you say, you strip down the non-essential features, because leaving out letters and using singular instead of plural or using "of the" instaed of "than" isn't that.

What is it, laziness, a need for attention, anger, arrogance, what?

I already know the answer, do you?

PsyberZombie
12-13-05, 07:24
Psyber, I must admit that I'm very much curious about your handicap language aid that you are using, which manage to chop up your words, as if your English isn't broken enough.

For the god·zillionth time , James =

I do NOT use a translator or any kind of 'aid' in writing , except a Dictionary occasionally

My punctuation is idiosynchratic , I admit , like using the " = " sign instead of a colon [ earlier in my career here , Jackson stripped me of my Senior status briefly be·cause I refused to capitalize the personal pro·noun " I " ]

As for "chopping up words" , I do that manually my·self — ·a·n·y·t·i·m·e· the urge hits me .·.·.·.....

p.s. = "handicap language aid" is singular ; "manage" is the present plural form of that Verb

Can you write even ONE Sentence that doesn't contain an Error in spelling or grammer or both , 'Genious' ???

James D 2004
12-13-05, 14:44
Bastard oh Bastard, you started insult and I showed that I can do it too, out of nothing. When I stalk you you will know, nobody thought any restraining order would work.

All your questions will be answered, that's why I started this thread. For a start, I don't strip down English features deliberately, but instinctively, that's a lot of difference, stupid you.

James D 2004
12-13-05, 14:51
Zombie, do you think that anybody will be so stupid to buy your explanation? I am certain that you have some mental problems. Can you show us how to chop up words?

Since you think that borrowing words from another language is a good thing, I am showing you how to borrow grammar from a superior language, which has no singular nor plural. It makes no difference in your understanding of the sentence.

PsyberZombie
12-14-05, 07:05
Zombie, do you think that anybody will be so stupid to buy your explanation? I am certain that you have some mental problems. Can you show us how to chop up words?

Sure ....

First , pick a word you want to chop up — say , LOVE

Insert little ' · ' marks where you want = L·O·V·E

Heck , why not get fancy , and change the 'V' to a '♥' = L·O·♥·E

Finish with some ruffles and flourishes = »» ♂ ♪ £·Ø·♥·Ë™ † ↔ ««

See = nuttin' to it !!

Since you think that borrowing words from another language is a good thing, I am showing you how to borrow grammar from a superior language, which has no singular nor plural. It makes no difference in your understanding of the sentence.

Now you're being Ridiculous = OF COURSE using Bad Grammer can cause confusion in under·standing the meaning
of a sentence !!

Let's just look at the example I cited you for yester·day =

" Psyber, I must admit that I'm very much curious about your handicap language aid that you are using, which manage to chop up your words, as if your English isn't broken enough. "

By mixing a singular subject with the plural verb form , the reader is left confused = is he referring to just ONE language aid , and using the wrong verb tense ?? Or is he referring to More than One language aid , and using the wrong noun form ?? Is it a typo ?? Or is the guy just an IDIOT who writes gobs of gibberish ??

Obviously , the Last Choice is the Correct one here , but the reader had to fall back on CONTEXT to come to that conclusion = the Sentence per se gives No Clue to the answer

James D 2004
12-14-05, 13:16
Zombie, that's exactly what I need you to show everybody, that you have mental problems. Who in their right mind have the sudden urge to chop up 'understanding' and 'yesterday' ?

I can see that you fully appreciate the superior grammar rule that I borrowed from other languages.

1. You say obviously you know what I mean, no confusion. I don't even need to say what the rule is ! Is plural obviously unnecessary?

2. Singular / plural form of verb is totally unnecessary. There's absolutely no information content. You can drop that without affecting anything.

3. Plural noun is only marginally useful. With so many hassle compared to other languages, you can only tell between one or more than one. It's obviously better to drop the special case, and hence the plural form as well. It's even better as when you don't say how many in the context, you can refer to any number.

That's the rule and you obey without question - that's how to maintain the order in a feudal society.

PsyberZombie
12-14-05, 17:53
First of all , I apologize to all Mongers here , because this Entire Thread is so entirely OFF · TOPIC

.... but this James·D·04 guy started it , not me ; and I just can't let his Abuse of our Language go Un·Answered

Let's answer his 'points' one by one =

" I can see that you fully appreciate the superior grammar rule that I borrowed from other languages. "

*Which* Language was it that doesn't differentiate Singular from Plural ?? NO Language I've ever heard of !!

" 1. You say obviously you know what I mean, no confusion. I don't even need to say what the rule is ! Is plural obviously unnecessary? "

The Meaning of your Sentence was ONLY derived from CONTEXT = if the Language it·self leaves Confusion , it's not fulfilling its basic aim , which is EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION = some·thing you rarely if ever accomplish

" 2. Singular / plural form of verb is totally unnecessary. There's absolutely no information content. You can drop that without affecting anything.

3. Plural noun is only marginally useful. With so many hassle compared to other languages, you can only tell between one or more than one. It's obviously better to drop the special case, and hence the plural form as well. It's even better as when you don't say how many in the context, you can refer to any number. "

In the Example given , not much is Lost by the Confusion caused by the In·correct Grammer

... but suppose you were a sales·man , and the Confusion was over whether you were saying =

" I want you to buy the Language Aid " vs. " I want you buy the Language Aids [plural] "

NOW , the customer would have to stop the Conversation to ascertain EXACTLY what the speaker was trying to say

Is this making ANY sense to you , James ??

... or is it be·yond your 'Genious' ???

p.s = Want to Learn how YOU can make symbols like ' ♥ ' or ' ♪ ' , using a Standard Key·Board ??

PM me , and I'll tell you [ SENIOR MEMBERS only , please !! ]

Layin Pipe
12-14-05, 18:40
James D 2004,

You're in America now! It's time to learn ENGLISH! Otherwise, you will continue to be ridiculed for your nonsensical babbling.

Just in case you don't understand what I'm saying, maybe this translation will help:

"You situated America now! It will time learn ENGLISH! Otherwise, you will be continue ridiculed for your nonsensical to babble."

Layin Pipe

Speck
12-14-05, 23:04
Anyone notice that JD's posts the last couple days have a really grouchy/irritated tone to them?

That time of the month?

James D 2004
12-15-05, 03:06
.... but this James·D·04 guy started it , not me ; and I just can't let his Abuse of our Language go Un·Answered

Your are the true butcher of English, chopping up words with non-English punctuation and illegal capitalization. Nobody will take you seriously. I'm replying because it saved me the trouble of thinking about how to add to this thread myself. You should be banned by not using English words like 'i' in the past, and should be banned again by using non-English words and punctuations.

You are either mental or hiding a stupid secret.

*Which* Language was it that doesn't differentiate Singular from Plural ?? NO Language I've ever heard of !!

This shows how ignorant you are. You are stupid too, since if you have any brain capacity, you wouldn't challenge that.

" 1. You say obviously you know what I mean, no confusion. I don't even need to say what the rule is ! Is plural obviously unnecessary? "

The Meaning of your Sentence was ONLY derived from CONTEXT = if the Language it·self leaves Confusion , it's not fulfilling its basic aim , which is EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION = some·thing you rarely if ever accomplish

Context is everything. If you take away context, you have nothing to communicate.

She does. We do. The form of verb, singular or plural, is slaved to the subject. This rule contains no information whatsoever.

I have balls. You have ball. What do you achieve by singular/plural nouns? Every language can specify numbers precisely so you can get rid of singular/plural entirely. Then I would say I have two ball, and you have one ball. If I don't say how many, like 'you have ball', naturally it would be unspecified, from one to more than one, a more general case than English. Like English, you can specify some other cases like three or more. But in iconic languages describing something like 'three or more' is less clumsy with smaller foot print.

James D 2004
12-15-05, 03:13
Layin, this is California, where English is the mother tongue of the minority. I'm not revealing the language with superior grammar, as students will rush to learn that so as to free up their brains' potential and hence increase their math scores.

Imitation is the highest form of flattering. But to do that properly, you do not use tense.

James D 2004
12-15-05, 03:19
Anyone notice that JD's posts the last couple days have a really grouchy/irritated tone to them?

That time of the month?
I'm glad you asked. Tell your sister that I'm still overwhelmed by the foul smell of her pussy.

Ttbearhug
12-15-05, 05:47
Please don't bore me, with photo's from CRAIGS LIST

Most if not all, are fake photos from sex web sites.

Most of CL is a joke

If you check each city has the same photos with different girls names.

PsyberZombie
12-15-05, 07:14
Your are the true butcher of English, chopping up words with non-English punctuation and illegal capitalization. Nobody will take you seriously. I'm replying because it saved me the trouble of thinking about how to add to this thread myself. You should be banned by not using English words like 'i' in the past, and should be banned again by using non-English words and punctuations.

James is still mad at me be·cause waaay back in Post # 6 here , I mentioned that English has adopted several terms from German that express complex emotions with a single word

WHY do you have such animosity about the tendency in English to adopt words from other Languages , James ??

" Canoe " ; " moccasin " ; " hammock " ; and " tobacco " are all Native American words ... and be·cause there's no word for it in English , we stole " hor d'oerve " from the French

The French use English , too , much to the chagrin of 'purists' like you = "le jet" & "le week·end" , to name two

There's a whole dialect of Spanish that mixes in English liberally = it's known as " Spanglish "

Not to mention that the English expression "O·KAY" is used in virtually every Language on Earth

So explain to me why YOU have such a problem with this Universal Linguistic Practice , J·D·04 :confused:

James D 2004
12-15-05, 12:30
You use illegal English words and illegal English punctuations like "be·cause". What's the purpose of that other than that you have mental problems?

Who you are trying to fool with your smoke screen? Ready to run?

PsyberZombie
12-15-05, 22:15
You use illegal English words and illegal English punctuations like "be·cause". What's the purpose of that other than that you have mental problems?

Okay ..... so I have "mental problems"

YOU have "Major Problems" communicating your Thoughts , be·c·ause you write a LOT of Gibberish

And at the end of day , we all go to bed with our·selves

Layin Pipe
12-16-05, 00:17
I'm not revealing the language with superior grammar, as students will rush to learn that so as to free up their brains' potential and hence increase their math scores.秘密

James D 2004,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no students will be rushing to learn your secret language!!! I do know of one student who should go back to school to learn English. Click here to find out who. BTW, the correct term to describe your grammar is "inferior".

Layin Pipe

James D 2004
12-16-05, 01:12
Okay ..... so I have "mental problems"

YOU have "Major Problems" communicating your Thoughts , be·c·ause you write a LOT of Gibberish

And at the end of day , we all go to bed with our·selves
So you admit it, good for you. But you were banned because of 'i', and you should be banned again because of illegal punctuation "be·c·ause", and illegal capitalization "LOT".

More than that. You don't know anything. Your English is poor but you don't know it. You can't argue: you lose on every point. Now let mommy confiscates your modem and put you to bed.

I have different writing styles - one being my light speed brain storm being captured by lightning typing.

James D 2004
12-16-05, 01:19
James D 2004

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no students will be rushing to learn your secret language!!! I do know of one student who should go back to school to learn English. Click here to find out who. BTW, the correct term to describe your grammar is "inferior".

Layin Pipe
I have presented my arguments regarding superior grammar. You only know finger pointing. Why I need to bother about you? If I do it your way, that would be: you were born with little brain left, just enough intelligence to poo from your mouth.

Speck
12-16-05, 15:13
I'm glad you asked. Tell your sister that I'm still overwhelmed by the foul smell of her pussy.

Is this the first grammatically correct sentence JD has ever used?

Phat Bastard
12-16-05, 16:32
James, you never did answer my question as to why you would start a thread like this.

Would you care to honor me with your answer or should I answer for you?

James D 2004
12-16-05, 18:32
Bastard oh Bastard, all your questions will be answered, that's why I started this thread. For a start, I don't strip down English features deliberately, but instinctively, that's a lot of difference, stupid you.0123456789

James D 2004
12-18-05, 14:48
Human beings do not live in the objective world alone, nor alone in the world of social activity as ordinarily understood, but are very much at the mercy of the particular language which has become the medium of expression for their society. It is quite an illusion to imagine that one adjusts to reality essentially without the use of language and that language is merely an incidental means of solving specific problems of communication or reflection. The fact of the matter is that the 'real world' is to a large extent unconsciously built upon the language habits of the group. No two languages are ever sufficiently similar to be considered as representing the same social reality. The worlds in which different societies live are distinct worlds, not merely the same world with different labels attached... We see and hear and otherwise experience very largely as we do because the language habits of our community predispose certain choices of interpretation.

We dissect nature along lines laid down by our native languages. The categories and types that we isolate from the world of phenomena we do not find there because they stare every observer in the face; on the contrary, the world is presented in a kaleidoscopic flux of impressions which has to be organized by our minds—and this means largely by the linguistic systems in our minds. We cut nature up, organize it into concepts, and ascribe significances as we do, largely because we are parties to an agreement to organize it in this way - an agreement that holds throughout our speech community and is codified in the patterns of our language. The agreement is, of course, an implicit and unstated one, but its terms are absolutely obligatory; we cannot talk at all except by subscribing to the organization and classification of data which the agreement decrees.0123456789

PsyberZombie
12-20-05, 07:50
Classic J·D·04 Gibberish =

Take two perfectly erudite quotes ; add No Comment ; then finish with a sequence of digits

Oh , and don't for·get to Title the whole mess a "hypothesis"

A Hypothesis , James , is " A tentative explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem that can be tested by further investigation "

Exactly WHAT observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem are you trying to explain here ??

And what Futhur Investigation do you propose to test your 'Hypothesis' ??

Or is your use of the word more 'James Genious' , like your Grand 'Theory' of Prostitution ??

[ That GToP , you may re·call , is that Women sell sex to get money = Thanks for that Amazing In·Sight , James !! ]

James D 2004
12-20-05, 19:42
Zombie, you really got a mental problem. I was trying to give you no reason to attack me, so that I don't have to come out and show you how stupid you are.

The last post has nothing to do with me, nothing about me and nothing due to me. The hypothesis is so named after by linguists! If you want to attack that, go and find yourself some linguist. I'll refer to it later for various discussions when I have time to get round to it.

As for the numbers, that's because one cannot post with less than 10 characters, quotes excluded. See! If I actually type in something, you will make a big deal out of it and attack it, even if it's Einstein's laws. Then I have to come out to point out how mental and how stupid you are, instead of expressing my opinions about English.

Your brain may be retarding too! Your foolish discussion about my theory of prostitution can already be found in the Social Science of Prostitution thread. You lost all arguments there. Remember?

PsyberZombie
12-21-05, 08:24
Your brain may be retarding too! Your foolish discussion about my theory of prostitution can already be found in the Social Science of Prostitution thread. You lost all arguments there. Remember?

Uh..... there are only *two* posts in that Thread , James ; and BOTH of them are by YOU !!

Whose brain is 'retarding' again , 'Genious' :confused:

James D 2004
12-22-05, 16:23
The SW Hypothesis concerns with the assertion that language constrains thought. Conversely, Zombie showed us that his primitive brain and limited life experiences fail him in using language to accomplish the most basic tasks.

Vegas sucks big time as I've debated with the locals many time, and he thinks it's the Mecca of the sex industry. Any books about Vegas cannot be good and he thinks it's great. I can tell you that it's trash without reading any reviews. Trust me stupid.

Being called Theory of Prostitution, it cannot be confused with trying to redefine prostitution, and he did.

He can't argue so don't expect to hear from him again on these.

Even that his brain is primitive, it works the same as others, that direct recall of memory isn't the great thing about brains - a $1 hand held data bank is better at that. But human brain works great at parallel association. Such as that I know that we debated about my theory and you can follow that debate from the beginning, at the Social Science thread. But I'm dam sure that either he is retarded to bring it up again and again without knowing that he lost all arguments, or he is trying to tarnish my reputation by presenting his arguments again and again, hoping that nobody will follow through about how he lost all debates.

Layin Pipe
12-22-05, 17:29
The SP Hypothesis concerns with the assertion that language constrains thought. Conversely, Zombie showed us that his primitive brain and limited life experiences fail him in using language to accomplish the most basic tasks.

Vegas sucks big time as I've debated with the locals many time, and he thinks it's the Mecca of the sex industry. Any books about Vegas cannot be good and he thinks it's great. I can tell you that it's trash without reading any reviews. Trust me stupid.

Being called Theory of Prostitution, it cannot be confused with trying to redefine prostitution, and he did.

He can't argue so don't expect to hear from him again on these.

Even that his brain is primitive, it works the same as others, that direct recall of memory isn't the great thing about brains - a $1 hand held data bank is better at that. But human brain works great at parallel association. Such as that I know that we debated about my theory and you can follow that debate from the beginning, at the Social Science thread. But I'm dam sure that either he is retarded to bring it up again and again without knowing that he lost all arguments, or he is trying to tarnish my reputation by presenting his arguments again and again, hoping that nobody will follow through about how he lost all debates.
James "Genious" D 2004,

What part of PsyberZombie's reply didn't you understand???
Uh..... there are only *two* posts in that Thread , James ; and BOTH of them are by YOU !!

Whose brain is 'retarding' again , 'Genious'If you still don't get it, click here for the The Social Science of Prostitution thread. YOU were the only person to post in that thread. Maybe you're thinking of an imaginary debate you had with one of your "multiple" personalities??? You are so funny when you forget to take your meds!!!

Layin Pipe

James D 2004
12-22-05, 18:22
Layin, that makes 2 of you, primitive brain with limited life experiences.

James D 2004
12-28-05, 21:45
Language constrains thought, that's what the SW Hypothesis is about, or at least influence thought in the weaker sense.

One should think outside the box, the box of language, or appreciate others who can.

Color is a good example. The name of colors doesn't match up across languages. This is hardly surprising as color variation is continuous. Though after many many years of cross cultural interactions, there are usually common translations between colors, borrowing words from within a language or outside the language, or using phrases or compound words. If your thinking is limited to the vocab of the language, your world is much less colorful.

Another example is 'He do.', following the discussions earlier. Someone pointed out that this is wrong English. What is interesting is that he argues that there are two possibilities of what the author intended. 1) He does. 2) They do. There is incomplete information.

That is English thinking. The other thinking is that 'does' is totally unnecessary as evidence in 'He did.' and 'They did.', so the only possibility is 1). There is complete information.

Once upon a time, a kid learned English as a 2nd language. He realized that 'does' is unnecessary and went on to design the most popular artificial international language today.

James D 2004
01-04-06, 15:56
Before we go deeper into languages, we have to consider the other side of writing - reading. If you do a search on the web, there's lots of respectable courses on Speed Reading, for students and for corporations. Some schools offer it as a mandatory and tested subject within English.

In case somebody doesn't know, speed reading is more widespread than the number of courses suggest. One US president is well known for his reading speed. People naturally read fast in this information overload age. People who are well read usually read fast for some materials. People who read slow are lawyers and paper back supermarket romance novel readers. The former are constrained by their 'lawyer language'. If you do a fast reading on supermarket novels, you can figure out the story within 30 min, and that's a waste of money.

However, some courses are controversial aiming at very high speeds. Comprehension naturally drops when speed increases. It's all depend on what the aim is. Say if you are looking for something in a hay stack, or if you want to write a summary of a book, the reading speed can be very high. Think of watching a video in fast forward.

The basics of speed reading is not controversial but considered beneficial. The main technique is to turn audio mode into visual mode. By the way, there are two types of person, you know if you had any corporate training. Those prefer a map rather than directions are visual. And those couldn't read maps but can only following verbal directions are audio. Those who understand north south are visual, with a map in his mind. Those who only understand left right are audio.

Reading means render aloud, and also to grasp the meaning of written words. Render aloud is a big obstacle to speed reading. Most people naturally speak every word when reading, be it aloud or muted. Speaking is slow compared to scanning by the eye only. Also the brain can comprehend much faster than speaking. Speed reading is in a way pushing the brain.

The essence of speed reading is turning your eye into a scanner.

If the words in a sentence are all jumbled up, it looks pretty much the same to a speed reader at high speed, without losing any meaning.

Some people write as if they are writing a speech. They hardly practice speed reading and never expect others to read their words fast.

Speed reading also don't take sentences in isolation. From the context, it should be obvious when the action happens, in the past, present or future. It should be obvious what the numbers of object are - one, more than one, a few or a lot. If a whole passage relies on subtle tense and plural form to convey information, this is speed trap and are obstacles to comprehension, speed reading or not.

With wide spread spell checkers, my spelling actually degenerates as I don't look at the correct spelling anymore. I just agree to the correct spelling, and I pick the best 'looking' one if they gave me options.

With speed reading, I'm more capable of writing jumbled up passages. Firstly, it looks pretty much the same to me and to other speed readers. Proof reading my own work is impossible unless you pay me for the effort, as I already know the meaning within. Secondly, I'm not shy to capture my brain storm, which translates sequences of images into words, actions, connections.

How the brain works can be glimpsed by Spanglish, where English morph into Spanish seamlessly in the middle of a sentence, or vice versa. For me my sentence structure may change from say 1st person to 3rd person in the middle. Maybe I'm thinking of two eligible sentence structures and picked from each one at different times. All done sort of unconsciously. Even if I care a bit about grammar, my writing mode destroy any remainder of it.

James D 2004
01-07-06, 03:14
Esperanto is an artificially constructed language intended for international communication. This is the largest international language with broad estimates from 100,000 to millions of fluent speakers.

Linguist agreement is universally accepted to be redundant. In Esperanto verbs do not have singular and plural forms like I do, he does. But adjectives still have singular and plural forms as in French. In Ido, developed from Esperanto, the adjective agreements are further dropped.

I'm blessed with not having to think about redundant things in my brain, and I don't mind to keep it that way.

James D 2004
01-13-06, 18:05
The custom, and current EU guideline, is that reports in English use past tense, and reports in French use present tense. Can't you see the stupidity in this?

Don't you see we need a tense neutral verb form? So we can concentrate on what we do, rather than when that happened. Often the tense is obvious in the context, like reports. Without tense, we can emphasis the timeline like, I do it already, or I do it some time ago. In some languages, the verbs are invariant. 'Tense' is added by using adverb like words, others add the same word root to different verbs to indicate the same 'tense'.

I do, you will do, he do already - languages like this are formally called 'analytic' by linguists. Incidentally, I am an analytic person and do analysis for a living. I don't want to contaminate my brain by attempting to rewire it.

James D 2004
01-21-06, 15:59
Imagine that you write perfect English and someone is reading at 500 wpm and above 1000 wpm? What a waste!

This somehow explains my writings at times. In the brain storm mode you are thinking about bits and pieces, all fractions of a sec here and there. Just as that people instinctively try to speak every word when they read, people write what they speak. This is true for most languages, people write what they speak. So that slows you down when writing, just as speaking the words slow you down on reading.

I'm also blessed in this aspect. My mother tongue is just a dialect. The 1st language that I write isn't exactly what I speak. So I never write what I speak. It's not possible because there's no directly equivalent words or sounds. If I try it would be very bad writing.

So when writing English, I don't have the obstacle to write fast because I don't speak it 1st. My words can be very hard to read when my thought jumps fast just as flash backs.

By if you speed read my speed writing, there's not much difference compared to perfect English. It's well known that for speed reading, you can capture the same meaning even if all the words are jumbled up.

So if you are not up to it, you are welcome to give up reading my posts. Sometimes, I'm at a higher level of communication with some of you only.

PsyberZombie
01-23-06, 18:38
Imagine that you write perfect English and someone is reading at 500 wpm and above 1000 wpm? What a waste! And what a waste are most of your Posts , James !!

So when writing English, I don't have the obstacle to write fast because I don't speak it 1st. My words can be very hard to read when my thought jumps fast just as flash backs. The Problem we all here have with you is we often can't tell exactly what point yer trying to make

By if you speed read my speed writing, there's not much difference compared to perfect English. It's well known that for speed reading, you can capture the same meaning even if all the words are jumbled up. 'Speed Reading' can't make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Shit , if you get my drift....

So if you are not up to it, you are welcome to give up reading my posts. Sometimes, I'm at a higher level of communication with some of you only.

Don't try to be "higher" than the rest of us , James... just make your points in language an average guy here can under·stand = is *that* too much to ask of a 'Genious' like you ???

James D 2004
01-23-06, 19:43
Psyber, the problem is that no matter how to look at it, your post doesn't look like English, that's why Jackson banned you. Whereas for most people who doesn't read word by word, my post looks more like English the faster you read. And if you correct the grammar / spelling according to the previous rules that I don't bother, it's perfect English. Most important of all, know what is a brain storm? Really you make a big mistake by assuming that my posts always have a point! That's why when you couldn't find it you blame something.

PsyberZombie
01-25-06, 07:37
Psyber, the problem is that no matter how to look at it, your post doesn't look like English, that's why Jackson banned you... Really you make a big mistake by assuming that my posts always have a point!

I'll bet it's news to Jackson that he 'banned' me

.... usually , when he bans some·one , they're not able to post here any·more

Oh , and THANKS for admitting that most of your Posts don't have a point =

That makes you a TROLL , & should get YOU banned under the "General B.S." category of Spam

James D 2004
01-29-06, 16:32
Psyber, so you lied? You said that Jackson banned you for capitalization. [Note the past tense, dude.]

That's true, repeat, my posts don't always have a point. So what? I'm finding myself to be the only one talking to you. You think about that.

PsyberZombie
04-17-06, 09:17
By if you speed read my speed writing, there's not much difference compared to perfect English. It's well known that for speed reading, you can capture the same meaning even if all the words are jumbled up.

The problem with not writing precisely is your meaning can easily be lost , as in the following example from one of today's Posts =

Some good news also was down at Pure Passion saturday night and saw that dark chocolate delight Candy the one with the ass that want quit.Hey One Time I got have the digits.

What does that last sentence mean ??

• I 'got' the digits i.e. obtained them ?? , or

• I 'have' the digits i.e. possess them ?? , or

• I 'got to have' the digits i.e. he really , really wants them , but does not in fact have them ??

Speaking of Confusing : we really need to drop the Monger Money Code because it's one of the biggest sources of confusing writing here =

http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=430365&postcount=78

Bad Bad Boy
06-17-07, 12:02
You guys have totally lost me with the purpose of this thread. Maybe someone can clarify it for me.

It is what constitutes good English or it's purpose? Writing skills and/or styles to facilitate effective communications or what?

Some general comments. Writing styles will vary considerably depending upon the author, audience, subject-matter, and purpose. The purpose of writing is to communicate.

In a forum like this, Jackson has made it easier for us by providing some basic guidelines. Since we are not writing collegial English essays which must have perfect grammar, punctuation, and spelling, I relax my style to make my points and attempt to use humor in getting it across. My editing ability leaves everything to be desired because I have a tendency to be lazy.

In part, all I want to do is communicate, make it easy to read, and write it quickly so people understand what I am saying. Our posts are not going to be graded like in school so we can relax some and not look for perfection.

I am not a big fan of using abbreviations since not everyone will know what they mean and/or will take the time to search them out and use them correctly.

BBB

Speck
06-18-07, 01:16
James D, the subject in question, used to post a LOT and was using a english translator program. The result of such programs is usually a garbled mess, which you would understand if you would have read previous posts. That is the topic that is being addressed, not the subject of perfect grammer.

You guys have totally lost me with the purpose of this thread. Maybe someone can clarify it for me.

It is what constitutes good English or it's purpose? Writing skills and/or styles to facilitate effective communications or what?

Some general comments. Writing styles will vary considerably depending upon the author, audience, subject-matter, and purpose. The purpose of writing is to communicate.

In a forum like this, Jackson has made it easier for us by providing some basic guidelines. Since we are not writing collegial English essays which must have perfect grammar, punctuation, and spelling, I relax my style to make my points and attempt to use humor in getting it across. My editing ability leaves everything to be desired because I have a tendency to be lazy.

In part, all I want to do is communicate, make it easy to read, and write it quickly so people understand what I am saying. Our posts are not going to be graded like in school so we can relax some and not look for perfection.

I am not a big fan of using abbreviations since not everyone will know what they mean and/or will take the time to search them out and use them correctly.

BBB