PDA

View Full Version : Burner

A Gladiator
05-08-20, 15:22
Any feedback on a good burner phone? No contract, non trace?

FarFarAway
05-08-20, 16:51
I love mine. It is a Chinese smartphone. I can reload it w / prepaid cards on the website, or with cards I buy in the pharmacy. Cash only, never gets traced back to me.

Jh547
05-29-20, 16:43
I am considering getting an Internet phone number tied to a third party app, vs buying a burner phone / prepaid phone.

Does anyone have experience with Internet phones as Burner phone numbers? What advice can you give me?

Thank you.

LaterGreen
06-22-20, 09:35
I am considering getting an Internet phone number tied to a third party app, vs buying a burner phone / prepaid phone.Cover Me App its worth it http://www.coverme.ws/en/index.html.

Curious Monkey
06-22-20, 09:55
Cover Me App its worth it http://www.coverme.ws/en/index.html.I agree with this app. Worked fine with my phone. Another option I frequent to is Burner.

https://www.burnerapp.com/

I put in 20 dollars and converted that to credit. Then the credit stays on my account until I wanted to use minutes or calls. Very smooth and no issues. Less hassle of juggling two phones.

LaterGreen
06-23-20, 10:04
Another option I frequent to is Burner.CoverMe App is good because it hides as a news reader app and then even when you discover its a burner phone app it has two passwords, one gets your "real" contacts with hoes and the other you can put in your buddys numbers and say its for your secret poker games you were trying to hide LOL.

Does Burner also have Spouse Protection like that?

Curious Monkey
06-23-20, 13:15
CoverMe App is good because it hides as a news reader app and then even when you discover its a burner phone app it has two passwords, one gets your "real" contacts with hoes and the other you can put in your buddys numbers and say its for your secret poker games you were trying to hide LOL.

Does Burner also have Spouse Protection like that?The burner icon is a phone picture that is on fire, kinda corny but fits the name.

It requires a security PIN to open the app once you click on it. You can always just hide the app in a folder or turn it invisible which is possible on Android, not sure Apple products.

TrickLessons
08-11-20, 02:12
I have been using the Burner App for years but the CoverMeApp sounds intriguing.

Jh547
08-28-20, 19:26
I love mine. It is a Chinese smartphone. I can reload it w / prepaid cards on the website, or with cards I buy in the pharmacy. Cash only, never gets traced back to me.I went with a TrakFone Burner. Flip phone, cheap. 20 for the phone, 20 for 3 months svc. Good deal. Using a VPN or public wifi to set up and reload the phone. Just have to get used to Texting like it is the year 2000 again.

Monte Christo
07-07-22, 14:14
Back to the top.

What's the best option for a burner phone these days? I have a spare phone I'm not using, so that's an option. Is there any type of prepaid SIM I should seek out, or stay away from? I could also use some of those apps, but that doesn't seem as secure. ?

RedBaron Daron
07-07-22, 14:41
Back to the top.

What's the best option for a burner phone these days? I have a spare phone I'm not using, so that's an option. Is there any type of prepaid SIM I should seek out, or stay away from? I could also use some of those apps, but that doesn't seem as secure. ?I used Tracphone for several years along with the 50-60 dollar phones you can buy most places. It was ok. Then I found a used upgraded iPhone 7 at a yard sale and switched up to Straight talk. I will never go back to Tracphone. First of all the camera and picture quality are way better, esp if you like snapping a few of your encounters. Also when you get pics they are much higher quality even when you zoom in, LOL. I bought everything for cash- 150 for the phone (make sure it is unlocked), about 30 for a sim kit, and 35 a month for all the service I need. The phone loads really fast and I have never had any glitches. I just turn it off when not in use and keep it in a safe spot. Each phone has its purpose so if you have an SO you never have to worry about her finding a message, number, email or pics that should not be on your personal phone.
I also use it as a personal hotspot when I travel or visit family so I don't have to worry about something showing up on any monitoring software.
RBD out.

FarFarAway
07-07-22, 19:52
Back to the top.

What's the best option for a burner phone these days? I have a spare phone I'm not using, so that's an option. Is there any type of prepaid SIM I should seek out, or stay away from? I could also use some of those apps, but that doesn't seem as secure. ?I still do like TracFone. It is on the AT&T network around me. I got a new LG smartphone about a year ago, at a local mom and pop cell phone shop. The guy transferred everything. The cost can't be beat. I put $10 on it, that covers the little bit of voice I use and many texts. I mostly need GB, b / c I use Google Voice as my main contact w / a synthetic number. It facilitates texting from my laptop at home, my SO is never the wiser. Still, I would say my total fees for my burner in a year are $100.

I reload w / prepaid debit cards that I also use for membership in SA.

WiseTraveler
12-05-23, 23:50
I've used Burner for years but it's gotten increasingly slower and all received calls go straight to voicemail. It doesn't play well with VPNs and texting often slows it to a crawl for long stretches of time which is terrible right as you arrive for fun and can't get updates to find the room #, etc.

There used to be a great feature where you could export messages to a. Csv file which was so much easier than having to create new contacts and add notes. It also made it easy to back up 'those photos' and have everything searchable.

Is there anything outside the Google-verse to do this? There are export apps for Android or iOS but I'd prefer to use a burner/text app and export that.

I only need limited calls (a few per month). 99% texting/pics.