PDA

View Full Version : K Bars Like in Houston

Froggy2
10-24-19, 16:40
Is there anywhere else in the USA that has K bars like in Houston? Went to a couple years ago, one I went in ordered a drink, and a gal sat down next to me with no top on! Startled me to say the least but was an interesting time, and reading reports still happening on occasion.

TheBoobHound
11-12-20, 10:28
Is there anywhere else in the USA that has K bars like in Houston? Went to a couple years ago, one I went in ordered a drink, and a gal sat down next to me with no top on! Startled me to say the least but was an interesting time, and reading reports still happening on occasion.I've read about those Houston places. I didn't make it to Telephone Road last time I was out there but it's definitely something I want to experience.

I guess there aren't many like that because there's more scrutiny over places that serve alcohol.

There are similar establishments in Hawai'I. Usually called hostess bars or "buy me drinky". Sometimes karaole bars. Service level varies but you should be able to do takeout if on premise isn't offered. I believe there are some. Hostess bars in Los Angeles and possibly in Las Vegas, though they may cater to asian customers only.

There are some cousins to the business model. One is those coffee shops where the waitresses wear bikinis or other extremely revealing clothes. I think this is popular in Seattle, Portland and San Feancisco. Again, service level varies and some are just like Hooters with nothing tovoffer beyond eye candy.

Another similar business are the 'fichera' or 'taxi dancing' places. These are typically all latina. You pay for a girl to talk and dance with you, either through drinks or through a ticket. Last time I was in LA there were still several open but the biggest ones have since closed. Not sure if any still around.

SolderNar23
12-15-20, 10:49
So, guys, how is it going? Did you find something interesting?