PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Letters to the Editor

Admin
01-01-05, 00:00
Thread Starter.

Hizark21
01-04-05, 20:41
Website intermittently stopping and starting..................!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have noticed that the site will stall and stop sometimes. This happens at least every 30 minutes. Why don't you let the rest of us members help you out.

Spaceman Spiff
01-05-05, 20:16
Jackson,

Could you delete my post #226 on WSG Forum > United States > South Carolina > Other Areas ?

It's too old for me to get an edit button, and apparently it's causing some problems for people I don't want to cause any problems.

Spaceman Spiff

Dickhead
01-06-05, 23:21
Thanks Jackson for providing such a great forum. I won't post any more as I don't feel I have anything new to offer. Next time I see you I will have an additional contribution to WSG charities. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.

DH

Hizark21
01-07-05, 18:01
Jackson:

I really love the wsgforum, but I just wish you would fix the problems.

Thanks

hizark

Member #2974
01-08-05, 06:28
I really love this forum too, and I realize it´s getting better every week. New functions become available (editing personal profile, membership upgrade...), so it´s obvious that Jackson is working hard. In the meantime, the forum is (nearly) constantly available.

I think, Jackson is doing a great job!

Rome wasn´t built in a single day, and they didn´t have to work with software...

Novize

Jackson:

I really love the wsgforum, but I just wish you would fix the problems.

Thanks

hizark

Older Guy
01-09-05, 19:58
Thank you Jackson,

I would really like to thank you for this site. It is by far the best I've found for its purpose since I started using the internet (before www).

I enjoy reading and contributing the new posts but I enjoyed it with the old webserver. I've also noticed what appears to be a considerable decline in postings in the U.S. section. I don't know if this decline is due to the speed of the server reaction to selections or if it is due to the new format.

I've used HoverIP v1.0 to ping and traceroute and it appears that sometimes the response time is in excess of three seconds. As I write this post, sample traceroute response times to www.wsgforum.com (67.15.113.40) are 2626ms, 2610ms, 3796ms, 2564ms. After reaching 67.15.113.40, I do not know where the actual forum pages are hosted but there seems to be an additional delay due to further routing or for the server to respond.

In addition, the search function does not appear to be functioning properly. In the Las Vegas Current Reports, I searched for the word "street" and got several responses with dates starting in June of 2002 but none in 2003, 2004, or 2005 except for Cienaga32's posting of today at 10:03. I've also had no luck searching for SP names in the Honolulu Current Reports. These functions worked when your old service provider hosted the forum, and as I write this post, my connection to 67.15.113.40 seems to be intermittent.

Considering that I am doing this on a Sunday when www traffic is supposed to be minimal (NFL wild playoff game on now), perhaps the current webserver provider might want to check on his routing and host server.

If I can provide any assistance in helping to improve www.wsgforum.com, please do not hesitate to contact me through the PM function.

Respectfully,
Older Guy

Rock Dog
01-10-05, 10:36
Older Guy,

Don't complain about 3 seconds. I've written lots of posts that go up later the same day. Then it seems like there's times when my stuff doesn't get posted for almost a week.

For example, I made a recent post to the American Women forum on Friday last week and it still hasn't gone up yet. As I'm writing this it's Monday right now so we'll see how long this one takes. Weekdays seem to be a little bit faster. Anyways, I wouldn't be complaining about a few seconds.

Rock

Young & Restless
01-12-05, 15:13
Jackson,

Myself and some of the other guys in the Rio forum think it would be a good idea to have a "Rio de Janeiro - Restaurants and Bars" section in the Brazil section of the forum. It is a little off topic for the premise of this site, but so many people discuss it in the Rio forum anyway. Could you help us out with that?

muchas gracias señor!

Y & R

Mischief81
01-13-05, 15:21
Ok, I want to know exactly how you did it.

Somehow, some way, I have "developed" a ruptured disc in my cervical verterbae, and that ruptured disc is now pinching a nerve in my right shoulder.

Yes, I do play basketball. And yes, I have been known for snagging loose balls than no one thought I could either see or reach. But now, dammit, I have to go through six to eight weeks of physical therapy, with one of the most masochistic little shits that outfit has to offer. Thank GOD the drugs are good, and thank GOD that the little masochist is cute (and therefore, seducible).

Gee, Jackson. Old buddy. Thanks! :D

Domino
01-16-05, 09:51
Dear Jackson

I see you are still battling with the millions of problems your desire to be all embracing gives rise to. May I suggest you tailor your objectives somewhat by getting rid of all photo sections. This would give a higher information to noise ratio. I can appreciate that many users and long term members like to look at the photos some guys post but those photos supply little or no information.
Only one photo posted ever attracted me: one that Purple n Gold posted of a big breasted babe in Phuket. I phoned her up but did not fuck her. I have never followed up any other babe. I am now suggesting that Freeler fuck Moon. (Freeler if you read this, I fucked her again and she is awesome, a true champion).
Jackson, if you are ever to get on top of these demons, you must trim your sails. I vote that all photos go or that you put up a best 50 every year or so. They are a waste of bandwidth and of everyone's time.

I also propose you delegate some of the work to your BA friends.

I have recently met Freeler here in Pattaya and again we marveled at your input of time and money. These suggestuions are given in that light. And, as you may know, Freeler's are almost the only posts I have used to score Thai pussy.
Also, as regars pussy and finding it: Pattaya is awash with photos and all pretty babers look the same. Ceertainly when you turn them upsidedown, they all look the same. No need for photos. Just the facts, Jack. And less problems all round.
Regards and respect from Pussy land

John T Domino
(lets hope it posts)

Young & Restless
01-16-05, 14:32
Jackson,

I think Domino has a good idea with limiting the photos that are displayed on the WSG. What if you did something like have a “Top 10” of any given country that would remain ongoing? There are so many photos posted in the photo galleries that are a waste of bandwidth. Once a top 10 has been established, the photos fall off as better ones are submitted. That would free up alot of space and improve the quality of photos that are displayed.

The bad thing is that it would require extra moderation, but like Domino said you have friends in Argentina that I’m sure would be more than obliged to accept that responsibility (as a matter of fact, there are probably tons of people who wouldn’t mind doing that task).

We all know that you are the mastermind behind this operation and that you are working hard to alleviate these problems. Thanks again for making this FREE site available to all of us.

Best of luck,

Y & R

Member #3953
01-27-05, 19:25
I've been missing WSG over the last few days. Jonesing even. Glad it's back up. Thanks for the work, Jackson

Randy Farang
01-28-05, 23:10
Jackson,

Sorry to see that the system is giving you problems. As usual, you are obviously busting your ass to get the problems resolved. Is there anything we can do to help?

Randy

Kali Banc
01-29-05, 19:49
Jackson,

Obviously you maintain this site for free and just as obviously you can do as you see fit but my advice is that in future if you are tempted to 'upgrade' the site for other than necessary space-saving purposes you should resist the temptation.

In my opinion, the format change of last year added *not a whit* of functional value and, it seems, any attempt to upgrade it causes such delay and consequent loss of reader interest as to actually downgrade the informational value of the site for a considerable period.

Member #2001
01-30-05, 19:55
I have noticed that I have not been able to connect the last several weeks. When I am able to connect, like today, I noticed that its has been extreamly slow and sometimes the webpage does not respond. When this happens I get a time out error message. Can someone please tell me if I am doing something wrong or if it is a server problem or a problem with the software or how I can this problem be fixed in the future

sincerly, Member #2001

PS. Please contact me at my email address or send a private message to me
thanks

Rock Dog
02-01-05, 02:45
Back online after what seems like an eternity!

If there is such a thing as WSG withdrawal syndrome, I'm sure I have experienced it.

One good thing though, now that the site is up and running, I can get hooked all over again!

Rock

Gladiator
02-01-05, 03:10
Jackson,

Thanks for sorting out the problem, whatever it was, and bringing up online the number one site on the net!

It’s hard to live without the WSG, it makes the planning of hunting operations a true nightmare, without regular updates on many countries around the world. It’s like living in darkness.

I agree that photos are of secondary importance, so if their removal could contribute in any way to avoid problems, get rid of them.

Rock Dog
02-03-05, 23:26
Finally, I'm able to log in for more than 10 seconds. This is only the second time in almost a month. If it's because we need a faster server, just charge a small membership fee. I'd be happy to contribute. Anything would be better than only being able to log in twice a month.

Man, this site is so broken!

Rock

Rock Dog
02-04-05, 10:35
Gladiator, WTF are you talking about? I tried to post something just yesterday after being able to log on for only the second time in 3 weeks. Guess what? It still fucked up..... and I could not get back for the rest of the night.

If this site needs a better server then get one and pay for it by charging some kind of membership fee. I would happily pay. otherwise this site will always be so broken.

Rock

Member #2976
02-05-05, 02:27
Nice to see this Forum coming up again out of dark clouds, as it seemed. There are a lot of rumours about this Forum. No matter what people or other competitors say about this Forum, they cannot match the quality standards set up by Jackson. Pls accept my heartiest best wishes for this Forum without which we were feeling helpless and handicapped. Thanks Jackson for bringing it up again for us.

Daddy Lows
02-05-05, 13:45
Jackson,

Wow. I have to admit. I'm a WSG addict and for three weeks, I've been a nervous wreck! Thanks for a great web site.

Peace

Rolly Polly
02-05-05, 22:12
Jackson,

Could you let us know the story? The site is obviously having problems and they aren't getting fixed all that fast.

Rumor has it there may be legal problems?

If you get a chance, respond to my email as well.

Rolly "King of the World" Polly

Carlos Primeros
02-06-05, 19:22
Hi Jackson - it is good that WSG is back. You had been obviously struggeling. Is there anything we can do to help? You are paying for all the costs of the forum, can we contribute in order to assist you covering the expenses?

We all apreciate your work and dedication. #

Sincerely

Carlos Primeros

Vargr
02-06-05, 22:01
I too would like to help if there is any way to do so. The fact that the site is doing so well during the Super Bowl has to mean something...

Spaceman Spiff
02-06-05, 23:52
Jackson,
I very much hope that you are well, and have not gone the way of Atta! Some comment from you on the recent state of the forum would be verry much appreciated, especially since, I don't know if "hijacked" is the right word, but someone has posted a link to an alternate forum on the main page at worldsexguide.org, which I thought was your baliwick.

Access to the regular forum lately seems very hit or miss as though nobody is babysitting the server during high loads..

If a contribution will help, I am willing to make one.

Spaceman Spiff

Rolly Polly
02-07-05, 08:48
Jackson,
...I don't know if "hijacked" is the right word, but someone has posted a link to an alternate forum on the main page at worldsexguide.org, which I thought was your baliwick....Spaceman Spiff

Spiff,

If I understand it correctly, www.worldsexguide.org is not owned by Jacskon. That site is owned by the guy who runs the other site, at least that's what he claims.

It's kind of hard to figure these things out since "the banker" is very open and Jackson is very tight lipped about who owns what and who runs what.

Domino
02-07-05, 09:55
Long Answer : TOS is the original site Attica had. One of Jackson's earlier reforms was to change the name of the site. He has also done some small deal with advertizers who are on the front page but not on the main portal people enter through.
Jackson is obviously busting his balls with the many demons inherent in trying to have a web site covering every little California shit hole, as well as putting up photos of every Third World skank who catches the camera eye of any passing customer. He is also running a mini sex empire in Latin America. As all this bs costs him a fortune, he is forced to be in the USA for extended periods to earn some money so he can indulge us all.
He is obviously devoting tons of time and money to sorting out whatever is wrong with hi new configuration. He is also posting regular posts and doing other housekeeping to keep posters sweet. If it was humanly possible for him to do more, he would probably be doing it. He doesn't need more complaints just now.

Short Answer : Give Jackson room to breathe.

Lorenzo
02-08-05, 13:31
I am delighted beyond words to see that the forum is back. I just hope this access lasts. As other posts have noted, forum users are being directed to another website that is vastly inferior to this one. There are rumors on that website, all of which are preposterous, as to why this forum has been unavailable. As for this monger, I will do anything I can to help this forum survive, including paying for a subscription if necessary. Jackson is the greatest humanitarian since Albert Schweitzer.

Lorenzo

Domino
02-09-05, 00:20
Rolly Polly: I went into that other site where I recognized many names from this site and now I understand some way the confusion over demarcation lines. I am not sure The Banker is being totally honest or frank. Until he gets a large number of hard core information providers switching to him, Jackson will continue to have the edge. If he charges, the information providers will not supply him with content they have to pay to provide.

Tofu said it best: adverse publicity for site like this is old news and Anarchist Atta reveled in it. Jackson also got other heat, most notably from our Arab and Islamic friends over Belguel. Most likely, he is settling down in Argentina, getting married and getting tied up with all that involves. Pulling the site would be his easiest option but he obviously has plans for it at the moment. You know what they say: if you want a job done, get a busy man to do it. And as Jackson will now be busier than ever, we can probably expect bigger things from him in the future.

As regards his email: Mailblocks was sold to AOL so that could be a factor.

Rolly Polly
02-09-05, 11:24
Domino,

You are right that The Banker's site is far inferior to Jackson's, but to The Banker's credit, he is involved and doesn't mind if we ask questions, as stupid as they may be.

I think all anyone wants is a word from Jackson on the current status and the prognosis for the future. When he changed formats he put a note on the front page with the reasons, so why is this different? Is he not getting the same emails and PM's? Unlikely.

Trust me, those of us that have checked out The Banker's site are not comfortable there...the organization is not the only thing inferior there, the mongers are also!

Fuzz Nutts II
02-10-05, 02:48
We will wait Jackson. God knows this site is worth it!

Joe Zop
02-10-05, 03:31
Well said, Domino. Patience, all - given the overall history of the forum, surely a few minor glitches are no cause for real alarm. A couple of weeks of issues is no big deal in the big scheme of things.

Bravo Jackson for your continued efforts -- as always, please let me know if there's anything I can do to assist you.

DropFrame
02-10-05, 03:44
All you fellow mongers who are offering help to Jackson have an easy way to assist. The ONLY thing Jackson has ever mentioned that he needs is donations to the charity.

http://www.wsgcharities.com/

Please make your tax-deductable donations

via Visa or MasterCard through PayPal

Or by sending a check made payable to:

WSG Charities, Inc.
Post Office Box 899
Dover, Delaware 19901

Thank You!

So lets make so many donations that Jackson and friends will have to sit up and take notice!!!

Member #2974
02-10-05, 10:25
Trust me, those of us that have checked out The Banker's site are not comfortable there...the organization is not the only thing inferior there, the mongers are also!Some objections:

I tried the other Forum before I applied here and I feel much more comfortable here than at The Banker´s site.

And besides the fact that I´m really impressed by your ability to judge over more than 100.000 members of this Forum with not even one sentence (I´m sure you´ve read all the postings published in this Forum) I have to tell you that many mongers are registered members at both sites. How can one be inferior to himself?

I think, the picture you draw is worse than the real situation.

Rock Dog
02-11-05, 02:14
Able to login once in three days. By my estimate, at least 9 out of 10 login attempts result in that damned "server is too busy" message.

What gives, and how long is it going to go on like this?

Rock

JP2U
02-11-05, 05:24
Every thread I check into takes me to the earliest posts (sometimes years back).

In the Control Panel, my options are checked for newest first, but its still showing me the oldest first. This wasnt happening a few weeks back.

Rolly Polly
02-11-05, 11:10
Not sure what's going on, but something ain't right...this is a strategically placed test post.

Spaceman Spiff
02-11-05, 14:28
I reset my settings to 'oldest first' instead of 'newest first', figuring something got set backwards somewhere. That sorta works. It takes you to the last post on the last page, but it still keeps them with oldest post on bottom of page rather than on top. It's an improvement, but it's still not right.

As for 'server busy', I had really good luck last night, not so good today. I have a feeling there's only a limited number of times someone's going to try to post something before giving up. The situation is not encouraging..

Roaming Rob
02-12-05, 08:31
I have to admit that the comment about 9 out of 10 times you will not get thru is a dead on the money statement. I have not made many posts in the last 5 or 6 months. Mainly because I have been going to Bangkok and Pattaya almost monthly and I really did not have anything I could contribute that hasn't already been said. But I do feel I could contribute more then being a mere lurker if I could into this site. Jackson I and many others stand by waiting for a little blurb on what the "State of the Union" is with the WSG. I also do not mind contributing to the health of the WSG if that is what it will take to get this fine institution back up and running smoothly again.

Thanks for the efforts you do put in!
Rob

Spaceman Spiff
02-14-05, 00:56
I've been checking alt.sex.prostitution on USENET off and on. Today someone has posted a URL to a vbulletin support forum where Jackson is trying to get some answers. It appears that lately he can't even log in as administratror, and that he's not the only one having problems with the new version of vbulletin:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128717

Spiff

Domino
02-14-05, 07:49
Baltmonger: Your JFK post gave me a good laugh here in Mindano, R of Philippines, where, with lusty eyes, I watch the refugees flee from the fighting and I hope the bigger bosomed among them will come my way. (For those of you interested, Pinays have better racks but worse bjs. I had one lady telling me her fantasy was to watch JT Domino jerk himself off to completion. Best scam line I have heard this trip) This place is the ass end of the world. I have armies of beggars pimping lactating mothers to me, lepers lying in the streets, Internet shops jam full of lovely ladies being asked by perverts to show their breasts to them. And I have the wsg.

By far, the most interesting thing in this site is the site itself. Valiant Jackson warding off the dickheads and battling the programming errors. And all for what? So those of us in the ass end of the world can ask Harry R if the ladies he fucks are transvestites.

Jackson has obviously tried to move mountains, to make this site better. There is no doubt that this site and all others could be better. But both Viagra and pussy fucking will go out of fashion before a site superior to this one gets going. Unless The Banker or others taps more sources, maybe tell us about all those easy to get to free orgies none of us can see right under our noses, Jackson will remain as #1.

Sailing
02-14-05, 11:29
I am so relieved that you are continually keeping this site going. I too was going through some major withdrawals these past couple of months. I too was getting messages that kept me off by telling me that the server was busy and to try back later. I was gettting a bit paranoid in that I was beginning to think the ominous regulators of "public morals" or some such nonsense was putting a wrench in the works.

If keeping a few pictures off the board will facilitate smoother and quicker operation, then please cut away. I think there are many more people who really use this board as a way to communicate with others in country that pictures are not really that important.

Once again THANK YOU.

Sailing

Joe Zop
02-14-05, 12:48
Any site or organization can have troubles or glitches during a software upgrade. It's far from an abnormal scenario, and it's also far from abnormal to have people believe the sky is falling when it happens.

On the one hand Jackson has had people badgering him to add this option or that option, or reorganize things is such and such a way (in quite rude terms, at times) and on the other hand he has people screaming at him not to change a thing, it's perfect. What a wonderful situation to be in -- and when he spends a ton of time working on an upgrade, all there are is impatient howls because this or that doesn't work like it used to. When he makes a comment he gets bombarded with a bushel of new questions or comments and complaints when he doesn't answer them, when he doesn't comment people have him as disappearing, in the midst of legal woes, turned into a turnip, and god knows what else. (This is all very reminiscent of when things moved to vBulletin in the first place -- all the howls over the need to register, the change in look and feel, and on and on.)

The site seems to me to be becoming slowly more available, as I can certainly get on and post easier than a week ago. I have been able to check for new posts over the past while, and there are many appearing, so members are obviously making it to the site and using it. There is clearly change going on, there are posts appearing from Regular Members, so Jackson is quite obviously at work, as he always is, in the background. There are aspects of the change I can already see I will like, such as opening photos in-frame as opposed to opening new windows. This version seems more compatible with the variety of browsers and settings I use. I like the new customization options available in the User CP and appreciate the power they give me (even if I might argue with some of the defaults) and can see how they will make my life easier once all is working nicely.

Given the great history of this forum and the large amount of both useful information and active members it has, surely some degree of patience is called for before branding it as non-accessable and writing funerary oratories. I expect that if you took all the distress users have about not being able to get on, post, do what they want, etc. and put it in a big pile, it would still pale in size compared to Jackson's sense of frustration over pouring long hours into the site and not being able to get things working right as quickly as desired.

MeatMan
02-14-05, 15:25
MeatMan,

You're only saying this because you are already a member here.

No I'm not. I was a member there 4-5 years ago. I went under another alias name. It took 6-8 months for my post to get posted.....Period.

Domino
02-15-05, 12:19
Jsckson: I am in a non porno zone and a pop up appearted from your site advertizing porno/skank services or whatever. As this has never happened before - I was not in any other adult area - I wonder if you could get comments as it sounds odd with your current problems

Rolly Polly and Baltimonger:
1. The Jackson007 link Baltimonger provided shows Jackson is breaking his balls to keep this site going. It is obvious Jackson spent a lot of time writing up that info request. It is also obvious 99% of us would throw our hands up at all the hassles involved in trying to out Jackson Jackson.
2. The Banker is the second entrant and has therefore a tactical advantage. However, to be better than Jackson, he must provide a better service. If he can do that, he is a great man with lots of resources.
3. As those of us who like this site have not seen a better site, it is unlikely the Banker will succeed. For him, for example, to get the scope on the darlings of Davao he will have to copy and paste the field report of

Field Marshall John T Domino

Bahia Boy
02-15-05, 21:15
1. Get rid of your ISP...... use Liquidweb. They WILL solve problems with their servers and are familiar with Jelsofts products (and problems). They will ugrade PHP and all kernels to where you need them. They have 24 hour PHONE support and a great technical staff.

2. If you must, revert back to the old version even it it means losing a few hundred or even a thousand posts. (You did back it up along with the MySQL database?)

Its better than people losing interest. These problems will not go away.
Been there, done that :)

Just my 2cents.

Good luck

Run Mann
02-16-05, 09:59
Check out this amateur post on the V Bulletin Community Forum server where Jackson has posted his problems with his server.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128717
, 3:39am
willis
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2005

Jackson007,

I have a few suggestions;

1. I would save your site posts.

2. Re-install the prev. version of the software.

3. Re-configure the server to the same settings before upgrade.

4. Get your fourm back on line.

5. Wait for a stable version upgrade, as this certainly is not.

6. I would inform your members as to what issues you are having, so they are not lost as members to competing sites.

Willis Fleet

Baltimonger
02-16-05, 18:58
It is apparent to all that WSG is under attack from sources unknown in an effort to drive it away. All we have asked is some kind of blurb from El Jefe about it. He doesn't have to be specific about the dirty work he is undertaking in getting the problems solved. It could be along the lines of:"Dear WSG Forum members, This site has been under attack from outside sources which have caused the forum to experience major technical difficulties over the past month. Please bear with me, as I am doing everything within my power to get these problems resolved." A statement such as this, however brief and non-specific, would go a long way to ensuring that the WSG Forum membership will stay loyal to this site.

As far as "defecting" as it has been stated in this thread: I haven't defected, nor do I intend to. There is no rule that says that you cannot be a member of this site and others like it as well. I kept my username from this site, so that you'll know exactly who you are talking to over there. I have asked, and have been granted, by that other site's administrator not to allow the names TrashMan or SeniorCitizen to be registered. This was done in respect to those 2 members from this site who have passed away in the last year.There are things I do not like about that other site which will keep me posting most of my exploits here, especially if things don't change over there. There are also things I don't like about this site as well. The "viewing member" thing is a personal pet peeve of mine. This is a voluntary thing Jackson has done that will send potential new and enthusiastic posters to that other site. Just read some of the stuff being posted over there by "viewing members" from this site still waiting for an upgrade long after they requested an upgrade. I shouldn't have SW's asking me to put in a good word for their other clients for them to get an upgrade.

Thanks,
K.J. Baltimonger

Adventurous1
02-16-05, 21:01
So here is the actual post from Jackson (assuming it is really him) for the many board mongers who I am sure are wondering just like me, what the h*** happened.... on the this board's status. I would assume that he has made some progress since things seem to be working very well today.

Forum slowdowns and intermittent failures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings everyone,

I have a medium size forum (20,000 unique visitors per day / 112,000 members / 320,000 posts) on a dedicated dual Xeon / 2 gig server. The forum has been in existence and functioning for approximately four years, and generally has between 200 to 300 persons online at any one time, although it did spike up to 400 persons on one day a few months ago.

Approximately 6 months ago I upgraded to VB 3.0, and that’s when the problems began, although I do not know it it as related to the upgrade or simply coincidental. For the past several months and with more frequency the past two weeks, my server has been functioning erratically, generally ceasing to respond to http several times a day, for periods of several minutes to over an hour each.

At the outset of this problem, I subscribed to a website monitoring service (www.websitepulse.com) that probes my forum index page every three minutes and records the response time. The service provides me with a number of different uptime graphs, so I am able to review my forum’s uptime stats in some detail.

In the first few days of this problem, I could observe a consistent pattern wherein the forum would be up for a few minutes with acceptable response times, then the response time would sharply increase over just a few minutes, then the server would shut down from too many connections, then after a few minutes http service would restart, only to repeat the same cycle.

In the second phase, I would use the adminCP to temporarily shut the forum down. Obviously, this would reduce the response time to just a few milliseconds. However, whenever I would turn the forum back on, within a matter of 3 to 5 minutes, the response times would increase and http would shutdown again.

Sometimes my website is so busy that I can’t even login to the adminCP or even phpmyadmin, and thus I am compelled to FTP in and replace the forum’s index page with a blank page until the traffic calms down.

After receiving a “Session table is full” error message once while trying to log into the adminCP, I searched the VB forum and discovered that modifications to the footer template could possibly stop the cron job (cron.php) from running on a regular basis, said cron job task was to clean up the sessions table. I checked my slightly revised footer template, and yes the cron image was still there. Nevertheless, I restored the original footer template. The problems continued.

My server management consultant (who is active on the VB forum but who shall remain un-named here) (no, it’s not Eva) advised me that perhaps the problem with my server experiencing too many connections could be the result of a large number of emails being generated by the forum. So I used phpmyadmin to empty the subscribeforum and subscribethread tables. I also turned off the search function, who’s on line, the calender, forum jump, and several other features that might have added to the server’s load. After a few days of observation, there was no change and the server problems continued.

At this point I decided to use the adminCP to limit the forum to 600 sessions. Essentially, this resulted in a permanent “The server is too busy” message.

I also began reviewing the forum’s database via phmyadmin. The session table typically had 604 open sessions. If I emptied the sessions table, the forum would immediately be open to visitors. However, the sessions table would fill to the limit of 600 session with a matter of perhaps 5 minutes, thus effectively shutting down the forum by shutting out my visitors.

I considered that perhaps my forum had suddenly become wildly successful. However, the visitor stats have been relatively consistent, growing gradually over the past three years to the current level. In other words, new member registrations, visitor traffic, number of daily posts, etc. have increased at a modest rate until the problems began months ago, then now of course all of these numbers have been falling. For example, six months ago I had approximately 700 new posts per day, and now at this point the number is less than 300 new posts per day, presumably due to the website’s constant downtime.

I have consulted with a number of people regarding this problem.

My server host (EV1) has investigated the situation and has declared that my server is in perfect working order.

My server management consultant (who readily acknowledges that he has no experience with VB and that security issues are not his forte) has declared that my server is the target of a dos attack. However, he made this statement without reviewing the server logs, which I am unable to convince him to review. I reviewed them myself, and although I am not experienced in reading server logs, I was not able to identify any unusually high traffic from any specific IP address. I know that there’s more to reading a server log that that, but that’s the limit of my expertise. Ever tried to find a consultant to review your server logs and render an opinion? I couldn’t find one.

My server management consultant has made some modifications, including installing a php accelerator, reducing open connection time outs to 15 seconds, moving the mysql database to the 2nd hard drive, etc.

So here I am, with a formally robust forum effectively brought to it’s knees, and no consensus from any of the various tech support personnel that are involved, so I’m putting this on the table in the hope that I might get a response from someone with some experience in this field. Generally, my questions are as follows:

1. Is my server’s hardware sufficient? If not, then why was it sufficient for the previous two years, and what other hardware improvements could I make to what is essentially EV1's top performing server? Do I need to upgrade from 2 gig to 4gig ram? Is load balancing the answer?

2. Is VB functioning properly? Where else in VB should I be looking for potential problems? What modifications should I consider making? Should I re-install VB?

3. Has my forum suddenly become popular? Am I the victim of my own success? Is the problem simply that I’ve got too many legitimate visitors? If so, then what is the solution?

4. Are these the symptoms of a dos attack? If so, then why is it only the forum and not the server itself? Is my forum being scraped? How can I positively identify that this is the problem? What can I do to stop it?

I’d sincerely appreciate any ideas that anyone may wish to make, because at this point I’m watching my forum die as my hard-earned traffic disappears.

Finally, I've attached a chart of the graphical report from websitepulse depicting my forum's response time from yesterday. It's a disaster to see, but it does fairly represent a typical day in the life of my forum.

Thanks,

Jackson007

PS: I’ve posted below some of the server stats that the VB guys like to review, but I suspect that the problem is more than tweeking my config files. Still, the stats might provide insight to someone who understands them better that I.

I didn't include a copy of my apache config file because I didn't know where to find it on my server, so if anybody wants to tell me the file path and file name, I'll be pleased to post the contents of the config file here.

Jaimito Cartero
02-17-05, 00:50
I'd like to thank Jackson for all the thankless work he puts into the WSG. Software upgrades can be a *****, and I know he'll get things back to normal as soon as he can. Like everyone else here, he has a normal job, and has some sort of life outside the WSG. At least the site is working occassionally, and as long as you have some patience, you can read and leave posts.

Randy Farang
02-17-05, 09:56
Gentlemen

Please believe me, Jackson is well aware of the problems we are experiencing with the board these days and is doing everything in his power to resolve the problem.

It appears that we are either experiencing a dinial of service attack, although the indications are not really clear on this, or are seeing the same problems that beset many other boards using the same software. The latter seems to be the most likely, and is probably the result of bugs within the software code itself. I am not an expert, nor even very knowledgeable in this area, but I do know that Jackson has brought in expert consultants who are working with him to find solutions.

We all need to remember that Jackson runs the BEST board on the planet for our convenience. He does all the work. He pays all the bills. And he fixes all the problems. He does NOT need to take all the crap when something goes wrong.

I suggest that we all say a prayer to the God of Inanimate Objects that a quick, and lasting fix is discovered for the gremlins that are affecting the board. And you might want to add a special "Thank You" for Jackson for all the good work he does on our behalf.

I have great confidence in Jackson and am sure that he will have us back up and running in the near future.

Randy

Daddy Lows
02-18-05, 06:22
I know I'm not the only guy to have received email from Jackson giving a link to a website explaining that his servers are being attacked from unknown hackers. I'm not computer saavy but you guys out there that are, couldn't you all do something a la Hackers and unite to destroy this menace to WSG?

BTW, I'm still suffering withdrawal pains.

Peace

Netsik
02-20-05, 10:35
Dear Jackson

I would like to thank you for your efforts to keep the site working. I know that you have been very busy to solve these hacker problems. God Bless you.

Netsik

Stravinsky
02-20-05, 12:45
Jackson,

I guess the sincerest form of envy is sabotage. You are obviously very successful, if there are so many people who want to put you out of business.

I know that we are all very grateful for the effort you have made, and are making, to keep the WSG up and running. Although, until today, I didn't understand the exact nature of the problem.

Stravinsky

Manson749
02-20-05, 13:42
Wow, what can I say other than Jackson you are the man! And i never knew what pain would be like till they took such a great site away from me untill it happend. May we all give Jackson a little golf clap. Here is to you good freind.

Brain Damaged
02-20-05, 23:21
Open Message to Jackson:

I think that you are doing a great job in hosting the forum, spending the time to analyze the DOS attacks that have been going on over the last several weeks and taking the initiative to move the forum to a different hosting service.

My thanks to you and a $100 donation to follow! I know that reading this forum has saved me from getting ripped off to at least that amount!

Cheers,

BD

Mr Z Man
02-20-05, 23:25
Jackson I for one have been patiently awaiting the return of WSG. I enjoy looking at all the reports and ocasionally chime in when I have something of value to add. I am somewhat of a techie and understand that servers and such from time to time develop problems and take time and perserverance to solve. Thank you for staying with it and not giving up. the new server with its increased security I hope will solve all the conection problems. I know I missed the daily reports.

Those that have been trashing Jackson on the other website should be ashamed of your actions (you know who you are). I don't advocate banning them but serveral WSG menbers have really shown their true colors and Jackson really is within his rights do whatever he feels is correct.

My .05 cents worth.

Mr Z Man

Rock Dog
02-21-05, 01:37
Thanks for letting know what was going on for the last few weeks. For a while there, it was starting to look like WSG was going down for keeps.

It's sad that there are people out there who hate the idea of this site and what it stands for. I hope the new, secure server keeps them out and that the site keeps going strong.

WSG, it's good to have you back.

Rock Dog

ps. DOS hackers you can all suck on my dog's ass.

Vargr
02-21-05, 10:48
Contratulations to Jackson and the rest of us on the successful rehosting of this forum! The new attachment database appears to be working too.

I for one would like to contribute to a fund to hunt down the perpetrators of the attacks on the old board and persuade them to cease and desist.

Daddy Lows
02-21-05, 11:50
Jackson,

Word of caution. I just now tried to log in unsuccessfully about 10 times. All attempts were using my screen name and password. The following screen log-in confirmation showed the following three names and I was able to go to the user profile and PM system of these following three names (I did not read anyone's PMs!!!):

One Tall Bear
Doh Man
Star69

I'll repost this in the appropriate area as well. Thank you so much for your sincerity, integrity, and honesty.

Peace

Dick Travel
02-21-05, 19:08
Jackson,

I'm surely one of many many readers who feel this way !

You demonstrate dedication, perserverence, hard graft and strong sense of loyalty to your readership. Well done, many would have given up facing such problems.

We appreciate it and I'm sure if any of us can help you with any future problems you only have to ask.

Thanks.

Ian UK

GandJim
02-23-05, 11:57
Just want to add my deepest thanks to Jackson. I really appreciate your dedication and hardwork.

I have been missing this forum soooo muuuuchhhh. :)

Member #2974
02-24-05, 15:09
upgraded to Senior Membership now. I feel glad, proud and thankful about it.

But why can´t I be a "Novize" anymore? Do I have to be "Monk" now? ;)

At least I wouldn´t like to be just "Member #2794".

Do I have to send an email to get my original Nickname back or is it just a problem with the database that came along with the Upgrade procedure?

Happy, but a little confused,

Novize

Kens14
02-24-05, 15:45
Jackson,

I'd just like to give you my Thanks and say I have total Respect for you, that's with a captial T and a capital R. Your dedication and commitment to the Forum are unsurpassed, as such you have developed a truly first rate online community.

I've really missed my daily read of WSG, it lifts me out of the drudgery of a winter in N.Europe & reminds me of my happy sunny days in more amenable climates & cultures !

Well done Jackson, your hard work is truly appreciated,

Kens14

Member #2974
02-24-05, 20:00
In addition, your new email-address doesn´t seem to work. I sent you an email about the issue below, here´s the response:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<jackson@worldsexguide.info>:
Sorry, I couldn't find a mail exchanger or IP address. (#5.4.4)

Brain Damaged
02-24-05, 23:07
Hi Jackson,

WSG Forum had instructions for making donations. Could you add that information to this site or direct me to it?

Thanks,

BD

Hi Brain Damaged,

Thanks for your interest. The WSG Charity website is at www.wsgcharities.com

Jackson

DataMater
02-25-05, 09:20
Dear Jackson,

While in the Opinions & Editorials > Opinions > 2002 Best Photo Nominations, I was not able to see the photos. Kept getting to your old server. Any chance to fix this.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Datamater

Tequila Texas
02-27-05, 16:30
I know you are working hard and computer problems are terrible so I hate to burden you with this. If you cant get to it for a while, I fully understand. I can log in from a windows laptop using Firefox, but not from a Mac desktop running Safari. I tried turning off my firewall but no help. Both are on the same network.

Thanks for you help and all your hard work.

TT

Mahku
02-27-05, 21:12
So are senior upgrade requests being processed now? Is the request I put in last September still in the pipeline or should I resubmit?

Hi Mahku,

Yes, I hired an assistant who is, among other things, processing the SM upgrades. He's got the backlog down from 800 to 200 applications, and the rest will be completed by the end of the week. I didn't check, but there's no reason to believe that your's isn't in the pipeline.

I appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Jackson

Freeler
03-01-05, 08:36
Jackson,

Is there a way to get rid of members' numbers and make them adopt a name?
It is very difficult to built up an internet relationship with a bunch of numbers.
I mean handles like domino, joe zop, dickhead ring a few bells, #3456 and #4567 don't...

PS I hope my pm didn't scare you too much...:(

Domino
03-03-05, 05:36
Jackson

I was giving some thought to Freeler's complaints. I kinda like numbers myself: The Fibonacci series, the Da Vibci Code, a little bit of Kabbalah, 666 (akaThe Banker:) ), agents 86 and 99, car 54 , 007 (as in Bond, James Bond and Jackson) etc etc. But, to be fair to Freeler, numbers like 2001 etc have no resonance. And it is no fun being flamed by an empty number. Gee I hate 2001 but love 2006 etc.

Also, on the subject of numbers, I find I no longer have to hire hookers. I merely pick them up on the Internet or from recyle bins and dial the mobiles they give. I am now in Sukumvit, Bangkok, on 1 freebie (well I got off her 10.26 minutes ago). Often the freebies cost more. That is certainly the case when one forms a gfe relationship with 1.

Freeler
03-04-05, 03:45
Domino,

So you're out of cash and hooking up with freebies, huh?

Here's another freebie for you:

http://www.carv-tech.ch/(ebook)Dan%20Brown%20-%20The%20Da%20Vinci%20Code.pdf

Mahku
03-05-05, 00:33
Jackson

Please give some thought to changing back to a less conspicuous url name. I'm afraid the one we have now will attract the attention of blocking censors that we have in places like the Middle East and elsewhere. The one we had before was nice and harmless. Any chance of going back to one like that?

And thanks for the upgrade. It's much better to be able to post directly.

Rock Dog
03-05-05, 01:44
Hey Jackson,

Thanks for upgrading me to senior status. It's nice to be able to take part in a hot discussion without getting left behind b/c of a 2 day delay.

Believe it or not, I was actually enjoying my status of having the most posts of any regular member. I was gonna try and eventually work my way up to 500 before asking for an upgrade. Ah well. thanks again.

Rock

Member #2136
03-05-05, 06:32
Jackson,

It's happened. This URL is now banned in Saudi Arabia.

Jackson

Please give some thought to changing back to a less conspicuous url name. I'm afraid the one we have now will attract the attention of blocking censors that we have in places like the Middle East and elsewhere. The one we had before was nice and harmless. Any chance of going back to one like that?

Mahku
03-06-05, 09:32
And as of this morning it's also blocked here in the Emirates. This never happened before under the older url. There's just no way that a site with the word 'sex' in the name will get through the censorship.

Vargr
03-07-05, 21:00
I would love to be able to monitor this site from my RSS aggregator. It might help with the bandwidth too since I could restrict my queries only to areas that I was interested in monitoring.

BTW you should be able to multihome the server with a new domain name that will pass through the censors (say something like wsgforum.info?)

Valdez
03-08-05, 11:30
The WorldSexGuide.Info at the top of the page is more prominent than the old WSG at the top. Those of us using public computers to log on may be subject to public scrutiny. Please consider a more discrete banner at the top of the page. One of the best things about your board is the ability to share information without the lurid ads featured on other boards.

Seva Lurker
03-08-05, 15:35
I am wondering if I have missed something in the upgrade. I like many of the features and am glad Jackson has gotten the server issues resolved.

Just curious now about the 'new posts'. When I log in each day and check the new postings, I see exactly 100 new post, sometimes less, but never more. When I look at the times, many times the last post in the search is several hours after my last login.

So my question. Has the new posts search been limited to 100 and if so is there any way to change this so I can see all the posts since my last login? I've checked the options in the user CP and didn't see anything and I've checked the options in the seach window and again didn't see anything.

Thanks

Mattrick
03-08-05, 16:17
Yes I would have to agree with Valdez, Mahku and Vargr in that WorldSexGuide.Info is a little too blatent. Maybe you could change to WSG.Info or wsgforum.info or something else more discrete. Keep up the good work!

Humpty Dumpty
03-11-05, 01:54
Yes I would have to agree with Valdez, Mahku and Vargr in that WorldSexGuide.Info is a little too blatent. Maybe you could change to WSG.Info or wsgforum.info or something else more discrete. Keep up the good work!

100 percent agreed. We need something more inconspicuous.

Toscana
03-11-05, 10:42
Yep, liked it as it was before. Nice and low key. My secretary too :-)

Daddy Lows
03-12-05, 07:41
Jackson,

I respectfully agree with the previous posters on the verbage of the site. Especially the 20+ font sized World Sex Guide in blue letters on the top!!!! Sheesh. :eek:

BTW, I'm having technical difficulties posting pics on the US Street Walker Photo section. When I press Manage Attachments, it won't come up with the screen where I can attach whatever pic files I choose.

Thanks for improving accessibility to YOUR site. Thank you so much.

Respectfully yours,
Eddy Surfer

Peace

Member #3321
03-15-05, 04:43
Dear Jackson,

I do not remember how many posts I have sent you to delete ALL of my posts (most importanly, my pictures); because I am being blackmailed by a member called GOLLUM SMEAGOL.

He has been threatening me by showing the pictures to the girls whose numbers I gave him, and get my number. Then phone my wife ! And yes he can do it !

What's the matter with you? YOU ARE NOT READING REQUEST MAILS ANYMORE?

I am telling you that my life can be collapsed. I told you it is getting too late. I told you to ban GOLLUM SMEAGOL . Many other TURKEY forum members asked you to ban GOLLUM SMEAGOL. They reported his bad posts. He already revealed the identity of a member called Big Bro AJ. YOU DID NOTHING.

At last, I had to ban MYSELF from the forum and deleted my messages that I could. But I could not delete old picture posts.

I asked you a thousand times to delete my picture posts in the TURKEY forum (Istanbul and Photo Gallery). Instead, YOU DELETED my goodbye messages to the forum !

Do I have to INSULT you, in ourder to be banned out?

Will you please spare a few minutes and delete my messages in the TURKEY forum (Istanbul and Photo Gallery) ? I mean, ALL of my messages in TURKEY forum (Istanbul and Photo Gallery) !

I AM CRYING OUT LOUD : THIS MAN CAN RUIN MY LIFE !

Are you sleeping out there?

YAVUZ HAYAT

Hizark21
03-15-05, 16:06
Jackson:

I have noticed recently that the new post feature has inconsistent results. For example today when I pressed the "new post" feature it came up with 4 pages of results. But about 15 minutes later it returned only 1 page of results. Also I notice that it skips my posts from the previous day at times.

Doombringer321
03-17-05, 04:33
Dear Jackson, :eek:

Just as you have hall of shame for users I propose as an avid provider and user of this forum that Jackson make a section call hall of shame for service providers I just had the most annoying experience in all my years of mongering read about on http://www.worldsexguide.info/forum/member.php?u=629 so my point is if we as a community sometimes have to discipline one of our own why not take retaliatory measures against service providers I'm not talking about violance or any of that just put a section that put all members of our community know that this service provider or this company or escort service etc. etc. etc. give bad service and put out their buisness contact information or personal E-mail and send hate mail or simply "boycott" the service.

Questions, answers, bithces and complaints PM or publish them untis next time

Peace out.

Civ2000
03-17-05, 16:49
Doombringer, We already do that in our individual threads. If I get bad service from a provider in Seattle, I post it there and the mongers can heed the advice or not. Also, if what happens on another board happens here, which it would, most of your postings would be from other hookers and pimps trying to run the other out of business. Or a John, who for whatever reason, has a bone to pick with the girl. It would also be tough say, if I wanted to know which service to avoid in Seattle, if I had to go through a hundred postings to find one pertinent to the area I monger in. So, Jackson, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Civ2000

Robux
03-26-05, 01:22
Jackson,

Really like the new condensed main page. Bravo!

Robux

PsyberZombie
03-26-05, 08:07
Hi , Jackson

I noticed that the day you opened the USA Forum , my Post Count there dropped from 565 to 533 ; but it's still 565 over on the original Forum

Also , when I posted yesterday on the USA Forum , the count didn't change on either Forum

Any explanation & / or Corrections would be greatly appreciated

I remain ,

Your most obedient servant and biggest Fan ,

»» PsyberZombie ««

Run Mann
03-26-05, 23:24
PsyberZombie,

Maybe I can be of assistance, the original forum counted your USA and international reports together. The new USA Forum is not counting your international reports, its only counting your USA reports. Can't answer the second part of your questions but your USA post count is now up to 535 from the 533 you reported.

Toledo Guy
03-28-05, 20:39
Jackson, just wanted to thank you for all the effort on getting the board working. The USA board works great and is now again a great asset.

Just thought I would say THANKS as it is easy to complain but sometimes we don’t think about it when things are working good.

Thanks again!

Hi TG2,

You are quite welcome.

Thanks,

Jackson

aht169
03-29-05, 00:29
Hi Jackson,
I really like the way the new site(s) are coming together. It really looks like all the pieces are falling into place.

One note though, and I am sure you have seen it, I accidently went to wsg.com. What the hell!! it looks like someone has completely took over and made it look like the old site. What bull shit. I don't know what you can do about it, but if someone is uninformed they are going to end up at the wrong site and definitely be disappointed. I know its not your problem, but after all your hard work, it would be nice to at least know that individuals are making it to the correct site.

just my 2 cents!
Stay Safe
AHT169

Stoner
03-30-05, 18:33
Jackson.

I'd like to add a voice to the chorus regarding name change. If in any way possible, please consider using a less "obvious" name. It would be so incredibly helpful.

Daddy Lows
03-31-05, 05:40
Jackson,

I've posted in your WSG dot info about closing all threads in the [b]United States(now closed)[b] section of the WSG dot info. Just reposting this request here in the USA dot info section as well. Thanks for everything.

Yours truly,
Eddy the surfer

Bird of Prey
03-31-05, 06:03
I've been a fan and member of the board for several years. I've never had problems with any posting or access until the last few months. Now with the separation of the U.S. board from the International Board, smooth sail ing has returned.

Jackson, I don't know why you do it but I appreciate that you do it. Everyone here owes you one!

Beer Guzzler
03-31-05, 18:56
Jackson,

Thanks for restoring the forum to health, your efforts are very much appreciated. I felt very lost without the forum when you were having problems fixing it.

However, I'd like to add my name to the list of people who are requesting that you change the url address of the forum to a more concealed address. The SEX in the URL does not help mongers who like to access the site from just anywhere (24/7) to add or view info (i.e., work, school, etc.)

Please consider this change for our benefit.

Best Regards,

Beer Guzzler

Motown Man
04-01-05, 13:15
Hi Jackson -

First, I want to congratulate you and your team on making the forum functional again. I know what a huge pain load issues & DOS attacks can be.

Second, just want to let you know that I found a hyperlink in the FAQ section on "How to Upgrade to Senior Status" that references the non-existant wsgforum URL. I know you probably have lots of these to find. I just thought you might want to know where this one was.

Cordially,

Motown Man

Hi MM,

I've been tracking these down one by one.

Thanks,

Jackson

Baltimonger
04-02-05, 18:08
Jackson,
Thanks for allowing for the create new thread feature to be used. However, I have noticed some threads being created by lazy (or just plain stupid: Looking for a good time in "Sacramento" in the Washington DC forum :confused: ) newbies to ask questions that could be answered with a little RTFF session.

I like the feature, but this kind of misuse could lead to this site being labeled as inferior as that other (WSG.com) site.

IMHO, the best way to handle this is to limit the function to senior members, since we have proven (for the most part) that we can be trusted with this new feature.

Thanks,
K.J. Baltimonger

Daddy Lows
04-02-05, 18:37
Jackson,

While we appreciate the ability to create threads (i.e. SWs, AMPs, and assorted topics), the useless chatter type threads in the other WSG, IMHO, is to be avoided. When you originally proposed the idea of extra threads, most of us in the SoCal area assumed you would only be the one to create the threads and that they would be somewhat relegated to the SW, AMP, stroll-type threads. That way, the naysayers would have some relief at not having to RTFF for any tidbits of info that were specifically relating to either SWs or AMPs, for example. Perhaps, if it is possible, you could create moderator accounts for each region (US State perhaps?) and these moderators could help you maintain the level of grammar and assorted whatnot that you seem concerned about. ALso, they could create new threads as necessary. Would something like that be possible? I understand your need to keep this site as professional as possible. BTW, usa sex guide has lots of very close sites to yours as well as the mixup with the "other" world sex guide. Is there any way to append your sites for the following reasons:

1) A lot of people mistype the .info part for .org or .com

2) I still have problems with people peeking over my shoulder and seeing SexGuide on the webpage I'm "visiting."

Sincerely,
Eddy the surfer

Peace

Banker Boy
04-06-05, 14:13
Hello,

After a few difficult months, our beloved forums are stable again. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication, Jackson.

Best regards,

Banker Boy

Komis
04-09-05, 14:37
Jackson,

My hard drive recently crashed and I've been rebuilding bookmarks and links. I had a difficult time finding WSG and USASG, at least using Google, which leads a user to what appears to be the "old" WSG home page:

http://www.worldsexguide.org/WSGMainPage.html

which has this link to the boards:

http://www.worldsexguide.org/WSGMainPage.html

which, for most of last week, had a (now removed) notice saying that the board had been down for 6 weeks and no one had heard from you, Jackson. This page then had a link (which is still there) to the "new" forum (so far, things looked to be much like the old forum page(s)).

Clicking this "new" link (www.WorldSexGuide.org/forum), however, takes the browser not to the forum at wsg.ORG, but to the forum of the wanna-be, for-profit, ad-laden http://www.worldsexguide.COM/forum/ (that's .COM, not .ORG).

It looks like the .com guys are doing everything they can to camo themselves as the old worldsexguide.org site, only to send people to their site.

I finally found the new addys by digging through the cache files of backups from my old drive.

Glad to find the site(s) again. And I thought you'd like to know what seems to be going on out there. You may find that new members come in slower than before, since, at least through Google, you can't find the real deal wsg.

komis

Hi,

I understand your position, and you are correct, the new owners of the .org site are doing everything they can to confuse prople and falsely direct people looking for my site to their site.

Ths only thing I can tell you is that my forum was always named WSGForum.com, and if you type WSG Forum into a search engine you will get my websites.

Anyway, it's good to have you back!

Thanks,

Jackson

Spazen
04-11-05, 20:25
Would it be possible to put two spaces between each state to make each entity a little more readable. e.g.. Between "North Dakota" and "Ohio" there should be two spaces and between "Oregon" and "Pennsylvania" there should be two spaces as well etc.

From the main page:

Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania

I tried to put two spaces between them to show the difference, but the software reduces two spaces to one when I preview.

I'm suggesting that any entity on the main page under each of the headings have a minimum of two spaces between them to differentiate a multiple wword entity from a single word entity.

Otherwise I like the layout.

Spazen

Crazy Dick
04-12-05, 22:23
Hi Jackson,

First I want to thank you for all your work on this site. I and other do appreciate your efforts. I hope someday to visit you at the Manson in BA.

On 2/27/05, you send me an email saying "Your upgrade to Senior Membership in the WSG Forum has been approved!" I thank you for that. If you get a chance can you check out why all posts are still showing up as a regular member. It maybe associated to all the previous site problems or the change in my email address.

Thanks in advance,

Crazy Dick

Daddy Lows
04-13-05, 16:13
http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=108249&postcount=271

I'm sorry for not having read this sooner. It's like exactly what you've done and are doing currently. And did I detect a bit of sarcasm/humor near the ending paragraphs? Yes, I think I did. Hah hah. Thanks again for all your humanitarian work. You are a true philanthropist.

Peace,
The Surfer

Caribsea
04-14-05, 22:38
You might consider making a sweep through each state and prefixing the Other Areas forums with the 2 letter state abbrev. That way when viewing New Posts, members don't have to enter the fourm in order to find out what state is being referenced.

Constantsorrow
04-27-05, 20:08
The new photo gallery kicks butt. Even if no other changes are made, it was a great idea!

Rock on Jackson!

IE Mongo
05-01-05, 05:30
Jackson

It is great to find this place again. I have not been on for some time, and the old link took me to someplace different. A Google search got me to a site I thought was yours. It was similar but it was so changed, and had so many ads and cookies. I could not find the old postings. I could not log in. I could not find any postings from the regular crowd I enjoy reading so much. When I looked in the admin / editorials they implied you were gone and out of the business and this Banker had taken over.

I am so glad I kept searching! A little different Google search got me the .info information I needed. I am glad to be back here.

If I may suggest, Could you send an e-mail to those of us who don't sign on all the time and might have missed the name change?

Thanks Jackson

Deleted
05-03-05, 18:49
Jackson,

I have sent an email regarding this, forgive me for bringing it up here as well.

I was granted senior status at worldsexguide. I thought it would be good here, where I am most active, but it is not. Do I need to resubmit my application, or can you upgrade me?

Thanks

Spikes
05-07-05, 19:44
Jackson,

I have sent an email regarding this, forgive me for bringing it up here as well.

I was granted senior status at worldsexguide. I thought it would be good here, where I am most active, but it is not. Do I need to resubmit my application, or can you upgrade me?

ThanksThe same with me Jackson. I have senior status on the main board but not on the USA borad.

Thanks in advance,

Spikes

Spazen
05-07-05, 22:53
In the Philadelphia AMP list as part of the Philadelphia PA section, there is a thread named "1800 Locust". I propose that you change this to "Ludlow AMPS" or even "Ludlow AMPS and vicinity" or even "1800 block of Ludlow St. and vicinity". Anything but 1800 Locust. Somebody didn't have the foggiest idea of what they were talking about when they created the thread name.

There is an AMP at 1800, 1812, 1820 and a non-asian, usually European "AMP" at 1816. There is also an AMP in the next street at 1819 thus the name seems much more appropriate.

Check inside of the thread.

Deleted
05-18-05, 15:00
Jackson,

It has now been over two weeks since my email and post on this thread- neither with a reply. Any help here?

Thanks.

Frank Booth
05-19-05, 13:28
Jackson,

ThanksSame with me, I became Senior Member in World, but am not here. Sorry also to bother you with this stuff, I know you are busy and appreciate your work.

Little Wing
05-21-05, 22:56
Jackson,

I appreciate the principle behind the split into USA and World. This makes sense for the geographical forums.

But it's now a little confusing when it comes to the "special interest" forums. Surely discussions on issues like Safe Sex, Sexual Addiction, Photrography, etc. are not geographically specific, and should be either in one place (World, I imagine :) or mirrored between the sites?

The annoyance is that if I am interested in, say, Photography, I have to read the threads on both sites.

Little Wing

Deleted
05-24-05, 10:15
Jackson,

It has now been three weeks. Seems like ample time to me to resolve this. An answer on your own forum or a reply to my email would be appreciated. I am sure you are busy- everyone is, but this is what you do. Please help. Thanks.

Jackson,

Thanks

Sabor
05-24-05, 18:33
Jackson
First thanks for what you do any taking heat for the forum. Afew months ago I asked if you could drop the 6 from my name and it was done on the international thread. I would ask if you could kindly do the same for the domestic thread. Thanks in advance. Sabor fromerly known as Sabor6!

Randy Farang
05-25-05, 11:12
Jackson,

Thanks for all the improvements on the board. it keeps getting better and better.

May I suggest that it would be helpful if you could tweak the Washington, D.C. section (and any others with a similiar situation) so that when we click on "New Posts" Washington, D.C. would come up in "Views" instead of "General Topics."

I suspect that there are a number of us who scan the "New Posts" just to see what's going on in our areas of geographic interest.

Thanks,

Randy

Nico
05-25-05, 22:03
Thanks for adding the CL reviews section.

Rasta
05-26-05, 13:22
Jackson,

Same as others have already posted, I have been granted Senior Membership Status on the worldsexguide board but not here, do I need to resubmit my application?

Thanks,

Rasta

SAL
05-27-05, 08:49
Jackson,

I was a senior member on the old board with about 40 or so posts. I finally got back to your new board the other day after searching. The "new" site with the .com had me all confused. I am glad I found this sight again.

Are the "old" posts still archived somewhere? If so, can I use those old posts to get my senior status back?

Thank for you help and damn I am glad to have found this site again.

Weez
ME TOO
SAL

BigSexy
05-29-05, 14:05
I would like to request consideration for a membership upgrade to "Senior Member" from a "regular member." Thanks for you consideration in this matter.

Bigsexy

DropFrame
05-30-05, 22:24
Jackson,

Great work here!!
You have a link to the USA board on the main site. Why not a similar link on the USA board to get to the rest of the world.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

dropframe

Layin Pipe
05-31-05, 17:02
Jackson,

Could you please activate the Message Tracking (www.usasexguide.info/forum/faq.php?faq=private_messaging_questions#faq_private_messaging_questions_14) feature for PM's?

Thanks for your hard work and the great site!

Best Regards,

Layin Pipe

Deleted
06-01-05, 15:46
Jackson,

What gives? It has been over a month, and not a peep. I feel you owe a better a response time to the people who use your site. I know you are busy- but hey- if you can't handle the work load, start charging for usage privileges and get the support you need to run this site in a professional manner. Ignoring the users is just not acceptable.

Hi,

Actually, in the past two months I have reduced the backlog of customer service emails from 6,000 unanswered emails to less than a couple of hundred.

Somehow, in the aftermath of all this work, it's hard for me to listen to complaints about response times.

Anyway, the Forum is not the place to post individual customer service requests. Whatever your issue is, you need to send me an email via the Forum's Contact Me form and it will be resolved within a few days.

Thanks,

Jackson

Dave67
06-01-05, 16:46
Hey Jackson!

I know you're busier than the only provider at a Shriners convention, but I also applied for upgrade and received the e-mail indicating it was complete, only to find that I was only upgraded on the WSGForum. The link posted on this forum is broken. If you find the time to amend this, I'd be very grateful!

In the meantime, thanks for everything, you're doing a great job!

Jackson,

Same as others have already posted, I have been granted Senior Membership Status on the worldsexguide board but not here, do I need to resubmit my application?

Thanks,

Rasta

Deleted
06-02-05, 13:25
I sent an email over a month ago going thru the steps you requested. I then had to go thru the 'security settings' you have to prove that mine is indeed a legitamate email address. I have done everything you have asked, and I still do not have a solution. I do appreciate you finally taking the time to give me somewhat of a response, and an excuse. Like I suggested- if you can't handle this, start charging for membership and get this forum running professionaly. I appreciate what you do, and I enjoy the forum, but it is time to step up Jackson.

Bubbaneedsit
06-02-05, 20:24
Hey Jackson!

I know you're busier than the only provider at a Shriners convention, but I also applied for upgrade and received the e-mail indicating it was complete, only to find that I was only upgraded on the WSGForum. The link posted on this forum is broken. If you find the time to amend this, I'd be very grateful!

In the meantime, thanks for everything, you're doing a great job!Jackson,

I was going to wait patiently and quietly for you to discover and repair this problem on your own. Then I see that today Dave67 has sent you a post which means I have no choice but to do the same. You see, the two of us are having a bit of a friendly competition on Florida's east coast for the bragging rights as Mayor Of Burger King. (It's a local thing, don't worry if you don't get the joke.)

Anyways, I too am a Senior member on WSG, but not on USA. I filled out the application and received an email congratulating me on a promotion to REGULAR status. I also sent you a customer service email about a week or so ago, but I haven't heard back since the confirm receipt automatic response.

Please take care of my request simultaneously with Dave67 (or before if you like) as there is a wager involving beer at risk.

On a more serious note, you are doing a wonderful job and there are many of us that appreciate it more than you will ever know!

Guys,

I appreciate your request, but this section is not for posting individual customer service requests.

If you want action on your customer service request, then you need to use the Contact Us form here on this website to contact me via email.

Thanks,

Jackson

Deleted
06-03-05, 10:15
I sent the email on April 29th. A copy of your automated response follows. I don’t know why you have a hard time listening to complaints about response time, when you are the one that said it should take two weeks. I am not trying to be a hard ass here, I just expect things to be done properly and in a reasonable amount of time. Over one month before you even reply is not acceptable. Then to not even address the issue is just poor business. I am tired of everyone walking on eggshells around here because they are scared you will ban them or whatever. I have suggested numerous times that you charge for access to this site to get it running professionally. This is a great site with great resources, but you have to admit you have dropped the ball here. I provide a great deal of info in the Austin thread- much more then I take from it. It is only in your best interest to address these problems.

Reply-To : jackson@wsgforum.com
Sent : Friday, April 29, 2005 8:13 PM
To : "Disc Ofur" <discofur@hotmail.com>
Subject : [Auto Response] Re: RE: Your Senior Membership has been approved!

| | | Inbox

Greetings,

This message will confirm that I have received your email. However, I generally get approximately 100+ emails every day, so please realize that I will endeavoe to respond to your email as quickly as possible, but the current backlog is approximately 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Jackson

Dude,

The WorldSexGuide.Info website is a seperate Forum functioning under seperate rules. You made an application for a Senior memberhsip upgrade on the WorkdSexGuide.Info site, and it was processed and approved in accordance with the procedures on the website.

I am currently NOT processing Senior Membership Upgrades on the USASexGuide.Info forum because I am currently developing a new, automated system to handle these upgrades.

Stop giving me a hard time.

Thanks,

Jackson

Layin Pipe
06-03-05, 16:09
Instead of bitching at Jackson, why not read the FAQ's? That's why they are there in the first place!

How does a Regular Member become a Senior Member? How long does it take to become a Senior Member?

Click here (www.usasexguide.info/forum/faq.php?faq=member_type_questions#faq_membership_type_questions_02) to find out.

Deleted
06-05-05, 08:23
Dude,

That is all it took. When I applied, it was all one forum, then you split them. Don't act like I did something wrong- your forum has gone thru some major changes. I am giving you a hard time for obvius reasons. If you would have posted all this info, or given me this answer the first time you responded, this would have been settled. There are several people that the same thing happend to. What do you think is easier- granting senoir status to all that got it on the other forum? Or making all those people reapply? It seems to me it would be less of a workload on you to choose the first option- but hey, it is your forum.

Again- Thank you for responding. I do think it is funny you told me this was not the place, but you never answered my email, but you responded here. Again I am not trying to be a hard ass- but you are stubborn with your rules, yet you don't even follow them.

Good luck with the forum. I will continue to participate and provide excellent information, and I look forward to continued improvements.

Hi,

I appreciate your comments, but I think you're painting a more complicated picture than thinks really are.

You applied for a Senior Member upgrade on the WSG site, and your application was processed and approved on the WSG site. However, there has never been an upgrade procedure for the USA site, so I'm not sure why you are complaining about my failure to upgrade you on the USA site. since I split the sites, I haven't upgraded anyone to Senior Member, I've never solicited for members to apply for an upgrade, and in fact I've never had a procedure for making Senior Member upgrades.

In addition, in the past two months I have reduced a backlog of more than 6,000 unanswered emails down to perhaps a couple of hundred emails, and we are now responding to new customer service emails every day. Personally, I consider this to be a significant accomplishment for which I will receive not one iota of recognition, therefor it galls me to no end when I hear somebody complaining that I haven't answered their email. The fact is that I probably did answer your email, but you probably didn't receive it because you, like so many other forum members, didn't check your email from the address you used to register your membership, or your mail box is full, or your SPAM program quarrantined the email, or you sent it from an email address that was different that the one in your membership record, etc.

Thanks,

Jackson

Deleted
06-05-05, 08:27
Layin Pipe,

Thanks for your insight here buddy, but that was changed AFTER my initial email and post on the forum. Look at the dates. Jackson has apparantly relized he has some issues here, and is now taking steps to remedy them. I beleive I have every right to '***** to Jackson' when the rules change, he says he will get back to you in a certain time, and he doesn't. I am fully aware of how the system works, but thanks for trying to help.

Deleted
06-06-05, 10:25
Jackson- Can't you just stay professional and not ASSume you are all knowing? My email works, I check it daily, including the junk mail box, and you have not responded. Take a moment and go read my posts. It is not my problem you are overworked. Evaluate your system and get help. You obviously have more work then you can handle, and I for one am tired of listening to you give excuses for inadequate service because you can't handle the workload. Who's fault do you think that is? Like I said- when I initially posted regarding this and sent you the first email, you had not established the fact you were not making regular members senior on the USA forum. You need to take some responsibility for what is going on here. Several posters give you the props you are seeking for all your hard work. Even I have thanked you for the services you provide. That should not be the reason you are doing this, and you should certainly not be complaining to your forum about it. YOU set it up this way- YOU are the one that makes the decisions- Live with them.

You need to understand that it is absolutely ridiculous for you to be upset about complaints regarding your slow response time. When I sent you the original email going thru the outlets the FAQ suggested, I had to respond to additional emails to prove my email was legitimate. In those automated responses, you say it might take up to two weeks for a response. After two weeks, you are running behind. If you don't want to hear those complaints, change that automated email to six to eight weeks. THEN I would be out of line for complaining. Sine I was only following what you said- YOU are out of line for complaining about me complaining. I can't wait until you charge for the use of your site and get in running professionally. Until then, you are providing a great service, but it leaves much to be desired. Having the moderator whine about complaints is just childish. Best of luck in getting your workload under control.

Guys, do you believe I have to put up this BS on a free site?

Disco Fur, this the last time you wil post you complaints about my site in this section.

If you have any further complaints, send them to me via the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Thanks,

Jackson

Deleted
06-06-05, 10:30
There are senior members on the USA forum, so you have obviously upgraded someone. Why do you say you have not? I am a senior member on the other forum, and I am still a regular member on this one- so I am confused by you saying no one has been upgraded, but there are members here on the USA forum that are senior members. I will list them if I have to, but you should be able to find them. Whats the deal?

No one has been upgrade to Senior Member on the USA forum since I seperated it from the WSG Forum.

A number of WSG Forum members have been upgraded to Senior Member since the split, persuant to the procedures on the WorldSexGuide.Info site.

Since the split, there has not been a procedure for upgrading to Senior member on the USA site. Thus there have been no Senior member uprades on the USA site since the split.

Is this clear to you now?

Thanks,

Jackson

Hizark21
06-07-05, 15:07
Will the search engine ever work.....??

Daddy Lows
06-07-05, 16:07
Nice handle, bud. I waited 6 months for my senior status. In the meantime, instead of complaining, I posted around 300 more street intel and reports. Some people here take Jackson for granted.

BTW, the Southern California boards, of late, have been disappointing. :sad:

Peace

Dave67
06-07-05, 21:05
Jeez Jackson!

Disco Fur has done everything but piss in your cornflakes. It's a free site and you don't need to deal with ingrates like Disco Fur. If nothing else, give him a better handle like: "Pompous Prick" "Drippy Dicky" or "Ingrate who ***** too much"

Lincoln and I are chomping for Mayor of local Burger King, but we can wait. Don't take the crap Disco Fuss is dishing out!

Daddy Lows
06-17-05, 18:19
Jackson,

Keep up the great work. Although I admittedly have been thoroughly amused by the rampant imitators on the SOuthern CALifornia boards, I am glad you have banned/restricted some of these posers. And one can never read the word "Draconian" enough times to be bored. ;)

Peace

KC Questor
06-19-05, 16:43
http://www.freespeechcoalition.com/news_events_1.htm

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,67869,00.html

"Under penalty of federal prison terms, new interpretations of existing regulations would require sites that feature photographs or videos of sexual activity to keep records confirming that performers are of legal age."

This law went into effect in 1988 and was aimed at porn producers (which is why porn movies have that statement that all actors are over the age of 18 and a notice as to where the records are kept). Now the DOJ says that it will apply to online depictions of sexual activity as well.

I know that most guys don't post sexually explicit pictures here, but some do. I have no idea how this will affect sites outside of the US. It also is unclear how the DOJ will differentiate between the owner of the site and the publisher of the material, especially in the case where the public (or members) are creating and publishing content. It would be really difficult to get proof of age for every girl that a monger snapped a pic of while getting a hummer.

Have any of you guys thought about this new law and what it means?

KCQ

Daddy Lows
07-26-05, 02:42
WTF is going on with the international sex site dot info?!!?!?!!!

Jackson,

I hope you find that dickhead stealing your bandwidth!!! On behalf of most of the mongers here, I have to thank you for making the best website on the internet bar none.

Peace

Bud Waiter
07-30-05, 09:54
It took me a long time to find this great place again.

Who took over the old WSG site. They posted that Jackson had not been heard from, so they took over. WTF was that all about?

Was it hostile, or did Jackson voluntarily leave that site for this one?

Hi Bud Waiter,

I had a contract to manage the old site, but it was mutually ended last year when the owners sold it to another party.

Thanks,

Jackson

Banker Boy
08-04-05, 18:23
Hello Jackson,

You've posted a few times in this thread that the USA site will enjoy a new Senior Membership mechanism in the future. It's been a while since you last posted, so please allow me to ask if there's information you can share with us about the new system and what you plan for it to entail?

Best regards,

Banker Boy

Valdez
08-12-05, 16:14
Jackson,

I love this board and wonder if you have a link from here to the international site? I figure I may be missing the link or that there is no link. If there is no link between the USA and the International board would you consider creating one?
This is a great place for the exchange of views and information. Thanks for maintaining it.

Valdez

Little Tony II
08-25-05, 23:08
Hi Jackson.

I thoroughly enjoy, and participate the forum. I have a request, suggestion. I think it is too easy for everyone to start a new thread. Maybe there could be a "Local Admin" to keep each state "Organized".

A specific small example would be Providence Rhode Island. One of the threads I hang out in. In the Providence section there are 3 strings.
#1. 2005 general,
#2. Downtown Acupressure
#3. 2000 - 2004 general reports.

Now in Providence there only two trains of play. The usual street scene and a rather large AMP life.

Because string #2 is labeled Down town Acupressure, (one of several AMPS.) Discussion of other amps does not fall in here, it gets lost in the GENERAL section. I THINK it would be great if the string named Downtown Acupressure was renamed Providence AMPS. This would afford discussion of all amps in the same string. Keeping it organized.

I realize this could get very unwieldy for you to do, which is why I suggest a local admin to keep each State organized.

I hope I have explained my thought.

Anyway... Thanks for the time, and maybe the improvement.

Have fun
Tony

Layin Pipe
08-26-05, 00:26
I thoroughly enjoy, and participate the forum. I have a request, suggestion. I think it is too easy for everyone to start a new thread. Maybe there could be a "Local Admin" to keep each state "Organized".Little Tony II,

That's a good suggestion although it is pretty funny that you started a new thread rather than just posting it in the existing "Enter Letters to the Editor" thread!

Layin Pipe

Hizark21
08-30-05, 21:04
Search engine still not working......???

Will the search engine ever work....??

Layin Pipe
08-31-05, 02:35
Search engine still not working......???

Will the search engine ever work....??Hizark21,

Are you talking about the search features on this site? They seem to work just fine for me. What exactly are you referring to?

Layin Pipe

Seva Lurker
08-31-05, 17:30
Two things in this post.

1. Depending on how and what you are searching for, the search engine may or may not work. I've done searches for specific terms in a specific thread and come up empty while looking at what I wanted. Then I've gone out to a broader search and had the topic and others pop up. Sometimes more than 100 and then I still can't find what I am looking for.

2. Is anyone having problems getting photos to display from the photo gallery? I've been getting a strange (but then I typically have not looked at the address the photo gallery is going to) address in the message bar and then not having anything come up. I have even gone to the threads them selves and not been able to view the photo attachments. When I mouse over the photo or the link, I see the address to the sex guide, but when I pull away and get the hour glass, I see "connecting to image.masterstats.com..." and nothing ever comes up.

Anyone else seeing this? The international photos seem to be working correctly.

Naturally, I post this and things seem to start working, just took forever, about five minutes on one browser window with me typing in the other, to get the connection to come through. Now I am seeing the 'connection to image.masterstats.com..." here. Guess I'll check the cookies for a spyware. :(

Seva Lurker
09-01-05, 22:11
Jackson,

I don't think that Masterstats is downloading anything. When their information is showing in the message window, I do not see the Icon for the in out on my task bar showing any action.

I did try to go to the masterstats.com link and the attempt to link to them timed out.

What am seeing with masterstats on the US board is a significant slowdown in your server response time.

I didn't see anything in my cookies or in the registry that had any "masterstats" in a cookie or registry entry. Another comment on this is when I opened this window, my Netscape "N" in the upper corner, or the Macro$carf window in IE, still shows I am trying to link or pass data and the link says masterstats.

I'll run my ping software tomorrow and see how long the link takes to make the trip. Right now, other things to do.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the forums. It is appreciated.

Wastrel
09-02-05, 01:55
By Jackson: "You can check out their website at masterstats.com."

No sir, you can't. Their website has not been functional in the several days I have been trying to access it to check them out. It is possible, however, to check out Google's cached versions of what their website looked like when Google last took a snapshot of it, and I gather it is apparently a "service" to track data for porn websites and click-through links between them. But it is not functioning, and hasn't been for a while and that, I suspect, is precisely the nature of the problem. The software continues to unsuccessfully attempt to communicate in the background with their currently non-functioning site, gumming up the works in the process.

My experience matches Seva Lurker's precisely, using either Firefox or IE. My three anti-spyware programs (as well as manual inspection of my browser chaches) detect no tracking cookies that are obviously related to masterstats, and though a virus was detected (through a free TrendMicro "Housecall" online scan) involving hidden links to adult websites, it is not at all clear that had anything to do with MasterStats. I believe the issue arises becuase masterstats is NOT doing what it is designed to do, whether that intended function is good, bad, or benignly unimportant to us. Rather than accomplish it's assigned mission quickly and therefore invisibly in the background, the failure of masterstats to complete it's task is what is bringing it to our attention, and consuming resources in the process.

Perhaps their server is just overloaded? I personally don't see a need to get overly excercised about it, since as far as I can tell it is simply a medium sized annoyance if the situation is just temporary, but it's not something I would want to just blow off indefinitely either. I would imagine it must result in some waste of your system resources as well. Are you sure they are still open for business?

Hi Wastrel,

They've been down before, so I was giving them a chance to get back online. However, it's been at least three days, so I gues sit's time to cut the cord.

Thanks,

Jackson

Little Tony II
09-05-05, 22:36
Hi Jackson.

I thoroughly enjoy, and participate the forum. I have a request, suggestion. I think it is too easy for everyone to start a new thread. Maybe there could be a "Local Admin" to keep each state "Organized".

A specific small example would be Providence Rhode Island. One of the threads I hang out in. In the Providence section there are 3 strings.
#1. 2005 general,
#2. Downtown Acupressure
#3. 2000 - 2004 general reports.

Now in Providence there only two trains of play. The usual street scene and a rather large AMP life.

Because string #2 is labeled Down town Acupressure, (one of several AMPS.) Discussion of other amps does not fall in here, it gets lost in the GENERAL section. I THINK it would be great if the string named Downtown Acupressure was renamed Providence AMPS. This would afford discussion of all amps in the same string. Keeping it organized.

I realize this could get very unwieldy for you to do, which is why I suggest a local admin to keep each State organized.

I hope I have explained my thought.

Anyway... Thanks for the time, and maybe the improvement.

Have fun,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Actually, my thinking was to change the permissions settings so that only Senior Members could start threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

Bubbaneedsit
09-08-05, 21:24
Jackson,

Each time I log in there are less and less photos that are actually available to be viewed. Lots of titles, but nothing but blank pages to look at.

Lincoln

Sprinter4544
09-09-05, 10:15
Jackson, thanks for the Senior Member poll you initiated, very interesting to see the results of the poll as well as some of the comments posted. And thanks again for the Senior Membership update. I'll continue to contribute if and when I have anything interesting to share with other fellow mongers.

GREAT job with the board, Thanks again!!

Cola Bill

Seva Lurker
09-10-05, 07:29
Jackson,

I'll second The Old Sarge's comment, though as of now things seem to be working with the following exception.

Any photo posted between late on the 5th to the 9th cannot be viewed. On the photo gallery, there is no thumbnail, clicking the link brings up a blank page. If one goes to the actual report and tries to click the link there, the photo does not display.

When I logged on this morning, the thumbnails for photos posted today are there and the links work. There is still a large blank area for the two or so pages of photos.

Magic501
09-10-05, 17:34
Jackson, just want to thank you for the upgrade. I don't get around as much as some of the other members, but do enjoy thier comments & pics from places I've been to when I was in the military (a long, long time ago). Keep up the good work!

Magic

Bubbaneedsit
09-14-05, 06:39
Jackson,

Since my upgrade I am unable to access any of the members' public profile pages.

Everyone greatly appreciates your efforts!

Lincoln

MeatMan
09-20-05, 19:02
Jackson,

Trying to find the old,old archives. maybe I'm a dummy but I can't find them.

Jimpur
09-20-05, 22:30
Jackson,

Since my upgrade I am unable to access any of the members' public profile pages.

Everyone greatly appreciates your efforts!

Lincoln
Hey Jackson I am unable to access any profiles also. I know you are doing every thing you can. But if you get A chanch please let me know. What the problem is THANKYOU JIM

Daddy Lows
09-21-05, 01:30
Jimpur et al,

Dudes, you're talking about the access Public Profile option when you click on someone's moniker, right? Methinks that is an administrative feature not accessible by any members, senior or otherwise. 'Cept, of course, for Senor Jackson. :)

Peace

Jimpur
09-21-05, 03:58
Jimpur et al,

Dudes, you're talking about the access Public Profile option when you click on someone's moniker, right? Methinks that is an administrative feature not accessible by any members, senior or otherwise. 'Cept, of course, for Senor Jackson. :)

Peace
Well Daddy lows I have ben abele to see what you poast sence day one. What I am talking about is all preves post by you me or any ONE. B ut now it wont go to any post. thanks jim

Layin Pipe
09-21-05, 14:40
Jackson,

I echo the comments made by Lincoln Man & Jimpur regarding the "Member Profile". After your recent upgrade, when I click on a members name, instead of viewing their profile, I get the following message:

Layin Pipe, you do not have permission to view this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your membership may not be activated.
Please click the activation link in the email you were sent, or click here to resend the activation email.
You cannot post reports, send private messages, or view the photographs until you activate your membership by email.
Your membership may not have the correct privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or access administrative features?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account.

The public profile was useful in determining how long someone has been a member and it also contained hot links for the following items:

Add "XYZ" to Your Buddy List
Add "XYZ" to Your Ignore List
Find all posts by "XYZ"
Send a private message to "XYZ"

Any chance of getting this feature back?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Layin Pipe

Vinifera
10-03-05, 02:07
Jackson,

Thanks for the upgrades.

I am having a problem though.

I am getting the message
Vinifera, you do not have permission to view this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

when I hit the front page of the forum - usasexguide.info/forum/

Not sure whether the problem started before or after the senior membership upgrade.

Cheers,

Vinifera

Gegewu
10-11-05, 19:49
Hi, Jackson:

I kept an eye on the worldsexguide.info and noticed that it is kinda changed a lot. Is the site still under your control or someone just hacked it?

Thanks!

PsyberZombie
10-13-05, 06:17
Re : http://www.usasexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=390695&postcount=121

How did Genuine become a Senior Member here with only FIVE Posts to his name ??

What makes this an even bigger mystery is =
Four of his posts are requests for Info or Digits ; and the fifth is an apocryphal story of no apparent point

Wastrel
10-13-05, 07:28
...become a Senior Member here with only FIVE Posts...?From the 35 posts in the international forum over the past two years, primarily in eastern Europe (Romania) mostly before the split into USA and ISG sites.

Whiskey Priest
10-13-05, 09:26
Beat me to it, thank you Wastrel.

There was a time when this place was WORLDsexguide, not USA and INTERNATINONAL. Since they are different forums, the post count from one is not included on the other. Apparently the forum moderators deemed my input worthy of a senior member status.

Best Tx Monger
10-13-05, 11:26
Great Detective work P.Z. You are a great observer.

I fell that the two networks could be linked together someway - somehow.

I feel deprived because now I can't go to the International Site and look at all those pics of all those honnies in BRAZIL.

If I want to look at them, I have to pay but yet I have payed my dues here.

Anyone else agree / disagree with me ?

PsyberZombie
10-15-05, 09:07
I feel deprived because now I can't go to the International Site and look at all those pics of all those honnies in BRAZIL.

If I want to look at them, I have to pay but yet I have payed my dues here.

Anyone else agree / disagree with me ?

:confused: Didn't you get Jackson 's e·mail about the WSGForum moving ??

If not , here's the new URL =

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/

Here's one from the Brazil Gallery (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29682) to warm your heart on this cold October day

Best Tx Monger
10-15-05, 09:49
P.Z.,

Thanks man! To be honest with you no I did not get an e-mail from Jackson. Never - Ever !! But I do thank you and I already know about the site, there is a link for one, at the welcoming page of this forum on the upper left hand side.

The only problem I have now is viewing photos, I have no post at all on the international site. I will have to tinker with the system to see what is going on. Thank you though.

Best Tx Monger
10-26-05, 18:05
Jackson,

TexasMonger has posted many productive post out in the Texas forums. I could almost swear that he was a Senior Member at one time. Can you look into his file ? He has over 80 post and are not the one sentence kind either.

I don't know why someone would go from being a Senior to being Regular member. He has abbided by all of the forums rules and posted many good & detailed post. Can you please advise or look into the matter ? Thanks.

Little Tony II
11-05-05, 22:44
Verrrrry small point, but are you going to correct tie time for day light savings time.?

most every ones posting time is off by an hour now...

Tony

Best Tx Monger
11-05-05, 22:51

Here's one from the Brazil Gallery (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29682) to warm your heart on this cold October day

LOL, thanks P.Z., i guess i will go to the international site and check out the Brazil Photo Section. It is getting kind of cold on this Cold November Night.

Wastrel
11-06-05, 23:13
Congratulations on the apparent geographic and functional expansion of your business interests. It seems to include some combination of slot machines, beer, chicken wings, and 24hr oriental massage services, west of the Las Vegas Strip on the north side of Flamingo Road:

Stormrider
11-09-05, 22:19
You know, I really don't understand this guy. He is a total waste of YOUR bandwidth Jackson. All he ever does is post pictures of his stupid frat parties and has posted reports which are obviously bogus with absolutely no substantiating information in several threads, including my own little home place. If you ever ask him for info on any of his supposed experiences, all you will ever get is a lack of response or a rebuff.

Do us all a favor and limit him to his own thread at the very least. Of course, you could ban him and I don't think anyone other than him would complain. This is supposed to be a forum about getting a little P4P action and not about college parties. Let's return it to its original purpose.

Storm Rider

Daddy Lows
11-15-05, 13:31
Jackson,

I have to look up a post pre-2005 but when I click on my ID and click to Find More Posts by Daddy Lows, the post history stops at 3-31-2005. Just curious on how to access posts before that time period. I need to find a specific post about a specific girl.

Thank you so much.
Regards,
Peace

Daddy Lows
11-15-05, 13:46
Nevermind. I just went to the section I was sure I posted in (Long Beach) and scrolled down to where I thought I might have posted and got quite a few good laughs at the posts from way back when from everyone. Jeez, action on the streets has dried up 50% since March 2005!

Peace

Best Tx Monger
11-15-05, 18:22
Jackson,

I have to look up a post pre-2005 but when I click on my ID and click to Find More Posts by Daddy Lows, the post history stops at 3-31-2005. Just curious on how to access posts before that time period. I need to find a specific post about a specific girl.

Thank you so much.
Regards,
Peace
Just a confirmation on my behalf, the post do infact only go to your most recent exploits. Up to 100 posts. Anything above that will have to be scouted in the forums that you may find suspect of posting such post.

Layin Pipe
11-26-05, 02:54
Jackson,

After I was upgraded to Senior Member, when I enter the forum and login from the "Home (www.usasexguide.info/forum/index.php?)" page, I get the following message:

Layin Pipe, you do not have permission to view this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your membership may not be activated.
Please click the activation link in the email you were sent, or click here to resend the activation email.
You cannot post reports, send private messages, or view the photographs until you activate your membership by email.
Your membership may not have the correct privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or access administrative features?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account.
If I login from any other page, there is no problem.

Layin Pipe

TexasMonger
11-28-05, 09:49
Jackson,

I have the same problem

Jackson,

After I was upgraded to Senior Member, when I enter the forum and login from the "Home (www.usasexguide.info/forum/index.php?)" page, I get the following message:

If I login from any other page, there is no problem.

Layin Pipe

Thanks

TM

Sabor
12-14-05, 13:03
Jackson

Merry X-Mas dude! Thanks for everything!