PDA

View Full Version : The ads are killing me

Boob Hope
08-30-19, 07:02
All the animated ads on the site are making it pretty much impossible for me to use this thing on my older laptop. Even on my newish phone, the site often causes my browser to freeze. I understand this place is largely supported by ad revenue, but I wish it was less resource intensive.

B Daddy17
09-04-19, 20:37
All the animated ads on the site are making it pretty much impossible for me to use this thing on my older laptop. Even on my newish phone, the site often causes my browser to freeze. I understand this place is largely supported by ad revenue, but I wish it was less resource intensive.I use a browser exclusively for USASG and the past month or so I've noticed that that particular browser used 20+gigs of data that month. I usually use 5 gigs at most and that's for everything. Not sure which ad is doing it but I think it's the new one that pops up on the right side of the screen.

GeomaticsJoe
02-02-20, 15:54
[Deleted by Admin]

Time fo your to go, I'm sick of you hating on us when you pay nothing to use this site.

A2

Admin2
02-03-20, 02:39
I use a mid line laptop, no high end processor though I have installed extra memory, am on the site 7-9 hours a day between it and my phone (I often do work while taking public transport) and experience none of these problems and never have. I see all of the same ads you guys have and don't have any of the bandwidth issue nor freezing issues.

I banned the first guy for starting the thread without having the decency to talk to me first and the third guy because this is like the 4th time he's posted hating on ads.

Pretty quick here you guys will be able to turn off the ads by purchasing a membership with bitcoin so hopefully that will help the technically challenged.

A2.